• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Vote Count

[3] Mayling: Nicholas1024 / GorditoBoy69 / J
[2] Xastrn: Mayling / Swiss
[1] Swiss: Xastrn

[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Cello_Marl
[0] Nicholas1024

[2] Not Voting: EdreesesPieces / Cello_Marl

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline set for Friday, October 8th, Noon GMT.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Actually, if Mayling is town, we'll be down to 4 people. If the game is still on, that means it's 3v1 or 2v1v1, so go No Lynch and hope the indy gets killed.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
And so...

Vote Count

[5] Mayling: Nicholas1024 / GorditoBoy69 / J / EdreesesPieces / Cello_Marl

[2] Xastrn: Mayling / Swiss
[1] Swiss: Xastrn

[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Cello_Marl
[0] Nicholas1024

[0] Not Voting:

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline set for Friday, October 8th, Noon GMT.

_

...It was decided.

Except this decision was very tense.

"It's not fair" he spoke.

A silhouette in the corner of the FeeCo Depot train carriage stood scarily still. His eyes were glowing blue, and a green liquid dripped from his mouth. Something seemed to have possessed him. His voice sounded shaky and in genuine panic.

"We had twice zi flaveur."

He took very slow steps toward the rest of the inhabitants. They still couldn't see his face except for 2 glowing eyes.

The possessor felt a powerful force. He questioned if what he had done was truly the right thing to do. Floods of memories surfaced into the possessor's brain. Whatever this inhabitant was, it felt very different. And then, the possessor continued on to reveal his identity:

"This is the infamous Brewmaster" shouted the possessor, "shall I continue with the possession?"

The rest of the inhabitants agreed in worry.

"I can see... SoulStorm Brewery in the distance. WAIT. What's this?..."

Before all was revealed, the Brewmaster forced himself to explode without the possessor's control. The possessor, feeling very different, stared at the exploded corpse in awe.

Mayling, The Brewmaster, Mafiosi Tailor, has been possessed and subsequently forced to self-explode before the true plan was revealed.

<object width="480" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EimBWr19Rv8&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EimBWr19Rv8&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="25"></embed></object>

_

It is now Night 3! Please don't post! Please send me your Night actions within 48 hours!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
"Dear Abe,

I will hunt your kind down ruthlessly if you refuse to carry out a little plan for me. Consider yourself rewarded if you complete it.

A reunion will take place at Bonewerkz. You must be there in disguise. Bombs are already laid out and the place is under lockdown. I have certain targets I want you to destroy. SoulStorm Brewery must dominate Oddworld's commercial market and I can't be having competition.

You can select one wild companion to join you. I'd recommend the paramite. Feed it, it'll follow you forever.

Sincerely,

The Brewmaster"

_

The inhabitants stared at the body of The Brewmaster, along with a scanned backup copy of a letter he, presumably, had given to Abe.

The inhabitants were so caught up in reading the letter that they didn't notice another swift kill occur.

J, The Shrykull, Town Sane Cop, has been swiftly silenced.

The inhabitants tried to identify the killer but they couldn't catch the moment in time. They decided to redirect the train en route to SoulStorm Brewery. That way they could end this mystery once and for all.

The tension is rising. In, what could be, the final moments of Oddworld, DAY 4 BEGINS!
_

VOTE COUNT:

[0] Swiss
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] Xastrn
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] Cello_Marl
[0] Nicholas1024

[6] Not Voting: Swiss / EdreesesPieces / Xastrn / GorditoBoy69 / Cello_Marl / Nicholas1024

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline set for Tuesday, October 12th, Noon GMT.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Vote: Swiss

It all makes sense. Why would Swiss be so intent on lynching Xastrn over Mayling? Town-swiss would realize that we could still lynch Xastrn tomorrow with no downside. However, he insisted on Xastrn first, because he knew Mayling was the mafia tailor. (For those that don't know, tailor chooses someone each night, and said person comes up guilty to cop reports.) Therefore, I feel a LOT more comfortable with Xastrn, and EXTREMELY comfortable with a swiss lynch.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Nich, but then surely I'd just have told May to bus me, if I were scum. She had the role town couldn't find out about. Why would she not MAD HARD bus me? She didn't even bother voting me. Why didn't she bus me (if I were scum)? It just gets me lynched the next day (but if I'm town, proscum move). She tried to avoid HER lynch with a fake claim but didn't try to make mine happen. It makes no sense.

Surely, as a scum, she wouldn't leave her scum buddy with next to no defence. Xas IS town. I admit I was wrong, probably. I knew this godfather/miller stuff was BS, it was obvious to see from the set-up (she WASN'T godfather), I just didn't consider the results themselves could be altered.

Quick lynch musn't happen, even if I do eventually get lynched.

All this pressure comes down on me for one reason, and one reason only. We think players are cleared. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We don't know the alignment of those sending EP information, merely that they send him information. You cannot trust game mechanics to be so obvious. Especially in a game that has already shown so much of what we thought to be true to, in fact, be incorrect.

Cello, you said you were sure a Godfather and Miller were in the game. Clearly, you were wrong (safe to say that Mayling tailored Xas, no?), what else could you be wrong about? Does it matter that you were wrong? Why were you so sure I was town for the first two, maybe three days?

Swiss

Smash Lord
What I'm trying to get at here is that Mayling clearly isn't an idiot. If I were her scum buddy (safe to say I know what I'm doing as scum amirite?) we could have breezed out of that day with my own lynch. Town never know there is a Tailor, Mayling tailors herself, looks town - All she has to do is get that Xas lynch and win the game (accounting for non blocked NK's. It's almost the perfect scum plan.

Why wasn't this BY FAR optimal plan used? Because I'm not scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Lynch me, Mayling looks town overnight (with added bonus of scum lynch) and cruises into MYLO against a guilty copped with people STATING they are wary of Xas.

C'mon. Srsly.

You think this situation Swiss scum would engineer himself is better? Really? No.

I've been left out to dry here, easy, easy lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
A few points, Swiss.

1) At this stage, 2 mislynches are needed to win the game. Xastrn lynch alone just wouldn't win it, and I just can't see an EP lynch happening after the way EP used the assistant role to semi-clear a ton of people.
2) Cello just would have accused Mayling of godfatherness and lynched her anyway.
3) Your lynch definitely wasn't happening yesterday. It was either Mayling or Xastrn, so why would mayling bother trying to bus you? All it would have made was some wifom.
4) Do you really think we'd have lynched Xastrn after his #1 critic (you) flipped scum?
5) Who was the one person voting with the known scum on Xastrn? That's right, it was you.
6) The final scum's role is unknown, but very well may be even better than Mayling's tailor role.

So, your proposed "optimal plan", has more holes in it than swiss cheese. (Yay for awful puns!)

The pressure comes from

1) You were trying to lynch a townie, and use the fallout from that lynch to get EP lynched (yes, you never said it, but it was the obvious next step for you)
2) Mayling-scum was the only other one on that lynch.
3) Just about everyone else here is somewhere from likely-town to confirmed town.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Scum traded one scum for three town (J NK, my lynch, another NK).

This scum is convinced he's not going to be the one lynch town have left. He has a one in four chance of being lynched, if all players are equally scummy. In reality one player will be the heaviest target.

Do you see how pro scum this has been?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You think this situation Swiss scum would engineer himself is better? Really? No.
Epic wifom attempt there. You realize that's basically the EXACT same line Overswarm-scum took in community mafia? Well, it won't work here.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Nich go back and re-read. Lotsa people wanted to lynch me, it was clear from EARLY (before people voted me) that Cello would stop ANY Xas wagon. Bussing me was then best May-Swiss option. It didn't happen.

Final scum role is the killing role, one scum always has the "omg u kill ppl" role. And with a forensics in the game, that'll make sense.

In repsonse to point 4) But I won't slip scum. You have to assume both ways, noy OMG SWISS IS SCUM THIS CAN MAKE SENSE. (Which it doesn't, I explained, you just ignored it)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Scum traded one scum for three town (J NK, my lynch, another NK).

This scum is convinced he's not going to be the one lynch town have left. He has a one in four chance of being lynched, if all players are equally scummy. In reality one player will be the heaviest target.

Do you see how pro scum this has been?
Okay Swiss, if you aren't the play, than who is? There just ISN'T another good choice. I'd bet the game on you being our last scum.

Also, why do you seem to keep thinking that this is MYLO? Do you have insider knowledge about another scumbuddy or something?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
4) is simply pointing out another reason why Mayling bussing you would never have worked.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Epic wifom attempt there. You realize that's basically the EXACT same line Overswarm-scum took in community mafia? Well, it won't work here.
Regardless, I AM (as scum) now in a TERRIBLE position with slim chances of survival 'cuz people have been shown to not listen to me anymore (remember yesterDay?). It's not even wifom, it's just ********.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Regardless, I AM (as scum) now in a TERRIBLE position with slim chances of survival 'cuz people have been shown to not listen to me anymore (remember yesterDay?). It's not even wifom, it's just ********.
Live and learn. Next time, you should just try to plan better. How is pointing out your own incompetence and appealing to your own meta a defense in any way? Sorry, but I don't buy it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
She was TAILOR.

Hello?

Her flip has DESTROYED ANY HOPE of his lynch.

You're not even applying yourself to this, are you? Just assuming I have to be the scum 'cuz it's been drilled into you.
Yes, there is no way that Xastrn is getting lynched now. However, going for his lynch yesterday was a far more viable strategy than going for your lynch yesterday, and his today, and that's my point.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Live and learn. Next time, you should just try to plan better. How is pointing out your own incompetence and appealing to your own meta a defense in any way? Sorry, but I don't buy it.
I was referring to THIS game (yesterDay). That's not not meta. I'm stating the fact that people ignored my (actually quite good) logic.

Yes, yes, I'm incompetent as scum. That's well known about me. Isn't it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yes, there is no way that Xastrn is getting lynched now. However, going for his lynch yesterday was a far more viable strategy than going for your lynch yesterday, and his today, and that's my point.
I wanted to lynch Xas not myself. No ****. How did you figure that out?

I've pointed out the scum play that woulda probs won the game, and the INCREDIBLY BAD SCUM PLAY THAT WOULD ENDGAME SCUM AS THEY BOTH DIE.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Anyways Swiss, if you aren't the play, than who is?

(Also, as an out-of-game point, sorry about being a bit harsh with the incompetence thing. I was a bit excited with the heat of the moment.)

Swiss

Smash Lord
Man call me incompetent if you think I'm scum. I would be. I'd have had to say "Mayling vote me" for us to win the game. That's more than incompetent.

As for the actual play for the day, I just don't know. Which possibly means Cello, no other player here (no offense) has anything approaching the intelligence or experience to engineer this situation, and it's probably not luck. However I think it is luck, probably. I want everyone else to post before I make my vote. I'm looking at the pseudo cleared people mainly. It's too broken that all EP had to do was say "I have these results, who did what?" (which he did) and we magically clear half of town. Mafia is never that simple.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Have you even read the posts toDay? I hope not.

Why not quicklynch me some more? That'll be useful, Gord. Creating a wagon when what I say could actually be true is beyond reckless.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Man call me incompetent if you think I'm scum. I would be. I'd have had to say "Mayling vote me" for us to win the game. That's more than incompetent.

As for the actual play for the day, I just don't know. Which possibly means Cello, no other player here (no offense) has anything approaching the intelligence or experience to engineer this situation, and it's probably not luck. However I think it is luck, probably. I want everyone else to post before I make my vote. I'm looking at the pseudo cleared people mainly. It's too broken that all EP had to do was say "I have these results, who did what?" (which he did) and we magically clear half of town. Mafia is never that simple.
It's not that simple. When you publicly announce the result scum knows it to so it gives them a target list of people to go after. In addition poeple may not trust you if you claim these results. I had the benefit that a lot of people went public with their claims, like J, Gordito, and Nich.

In addition, if you are scum and Xastrn is a miller, then that will satisfy the requirements of it never being that simple. If Xastrn is miller, it basically balances out my role existing, because it leads to a mis lynch and also gives lots of people for people not to trust me.

If you think Cello is scum than you think Cello bussed J (was strongly for that lynch), bussed Mayling (he convinced me to go with Mayling not you) AND is protecting Xastrn from being lynched. There's no reason he'd do that, unless there's a four man scum team which is unlikely. I wonder if there is the possibility of an independent existing in this game though. However, if there is, he doesn't have a night kill, and after you are lynched, if you aren't scum (you probably are) then it's Xastrn (unlikely) then once scum is nailed we'd win the game, if we didn't we'd lynch Cello. There's pretty sure a for sure fire win the game IMO by lynching Swiss toDay.

Swiss you never answered Nich's question of who you think is scum.

I'd like to take the time to talk about this and make the best possible lynch.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
EBWOP: and if we didn't win the game at that point (after lynching Xastrn and we nailed 3 scum already) that means an independent exists and we'd lynch Cello. This is unlikely but I'm showing you why your theories of cello being scum don't make any sense considering his actions.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Also Gordito and Nich did you guys get your own results? I got a message saying the brewmaster is dead. The brewmaster was the one giving me my results from you guys.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I just found out what a tailor is. Swiss is ovb scum lol. Swiss, mayling was a TAILOR and probably targetted Xastrn when J did. From what I read if a tailor and a cop target the same player they show up guilty. You, Swiss, were SO intent on lynching Xastrn because he showed up guilty. This WAS your best option as scum.

This tailor also balances out my role existing.....if cello didn't speak up for sure the tailor would have worked.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss you never answered Nich's question of who you think is scum.

I'd like to take the time to talk about this and make the best possible lynch.
I need you guys for this. I'm not suddenly an all seeing mystic 'cuz I'm on the block. I'd say Gordito, if I had to. I could drag up stuff on him (and will) but It'll have to wait 'till I have time (like 2/3 hours if on tonight). You've asked for people to not quicklynch me, thx, we have the time.

I don't suppose any of the night actions help clear me? Thought not.

Would like everyone to say what they did and why, though.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
This time, I'm typing my post in notepad first, so I don't lose it.

EP is obv-town
Xastrn is obv-town

Gordito and Nich are semi-cleared. Let's hear your results from last night.
Cello, claim. Let's have ALL the information out there today.
Swiss, you're going to die toDay. What do you want us to know if you are indeed town. Who's the target tomorrow if you're town? Who's your target toDay? Why should we let you live toDay and lynch your target instead?

It makes way too much sense that Swiss is scum. Could be indie survivor, which would make his arguments about "this would be bad scum play" easier to grasp.

We need to figure out the ??? results that EP got before. Someone want to chime in on that? Seems to me that the last scum was pulling shenanigans. If swiss is indie, not mafia, then he must have a pretty good role to help him survive.
Could be possible that one of our people sending results to EP is the actual indie, and that their information gathering role is what helps them survive and creates balance. They're supposed to look like town because their results go to EP with everyone else's and therefore they have the opportunity to look town for a LONG time and end up making it through the next...5 days. Nevermind. with no scum night kills at this point (assuming indie) then they'd have to survive 5 lynches and then would only TIE with the last townie standing. poor game design if so, and it doesn't sound right to me.

We're dealing with a mafiat here, not indie, if you ask me.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@EP
I just submitted an action to scan J, haven't gotten an answer yet.

@Xastrn
I'd be shocked at this point if Swiss wasn't our last mafia. Hopefully there won't be an indy (or another mafia, which I find doubtful) and that will be that.

Top Bottom