• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah, just got it, it says I got a ??? result again for whoever visited J.

You know how in the night actions PM i got a message saying the Brewmaster was dead?

Well in the day actions (Forensics basically) PM I also got a message telling me an envelope was found inside the dead Brewmaster's pocket detailing his plans for world domination, it was addressed to Abe, and that Abe is still living.

Don't know what that all really means. Possible independent?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@All: Tailor isn't a exclusively a Framer. Tailors (for this game, anyway) can either make a scummate or him/herself look innocent or frame an innocent to make him look guilty. Basically, they have a choice of creating a Godfather or a Miller each Night. Since it was my power last Night, I asked Kat if it was temporary or permanent. It was temporary, single Night. Considering, however, that J was probably going to target one of myself or Xastrn has several very important implications.

First, we can assume that there are not 4 teamed scum (as unlikely as 8/3/1 is, it's possible. 8/4 is right out, however). We know that Mayling was a tailor, and J received a guilty result from Xastrn. Why did this occur? The apparent, and in my opinion correct, assessment would be that Xastrn was framed. However, we can glean a little more information from this as well. While I believe that J was pretty split on who of me and Xastrn that he wanted to investigate, I DO believe that he had it down to one of the two of us. So, if I were Mafia, why wouldn't Mayling have made me look innocent instead of making Xastrn look guilty? By extension, if Xastrn were her scummate, why didn't she cloak his alignment? This effectively clears both of us of being mafia, although we are still potential independents.

@Dastrn: I've already claimed Vanilla.

The Brewmaster's plans thing kind of sounds like the independent (Abe) was recruited into the Mafia on the death of their last member, or of the Brewmaster. Why Kat would include that in the flavor is beyond me, but it makes sense with the evidence.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Seems simple enough to me. All it says is that Abe is the final member of our mafia.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to hard to maintain my "Swiss is/was a lyncher" idea.

So, why aren't we lynching Swiss already?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
HA!

Oh, wait, were you being serious?

Vote Swiss

L-1, L-1. Xastrn, just lynch him already.

Swiss

Smash Lord
When you explain why I'd intentionally put myself in this incredibad situation we can lynch me.

Winning the game if I were scum > WIFOM and probably getting lynched anyway.

We'll at least discuss and agree to lynch Gordito ASAP, assumign the game doesn't end upon my fine and handsome death.

Cello answer my questions too.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Cello answer my questions too.
I don't want to.

You weren't scum until last Night, whereupon you were recruited into the Mafia. You didn't plan your ****ty situation, because you didn't think you'd be thrown into the Mafia's ranks.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I just realized that the same argument could be used against me, if I were the independent. Ah, well.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Great. So I've been town all the way through this game but suddenly I'm scum.

I'm gonna throw this CRAZY idea out there. You take your assumptions, then build an ENTIRE HYPOTHETICAL game around it. It's ridiculous.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I swear if I get hammered with literally NO DISCUSSION WHEN WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE EXCEPT HUMOURING ME IF I'M SCUM I'm never playing mafia with any of you again

/AtE

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swiss said:
Cello, you said you were sure a Godfather and Miller were in the game. Clearly, you were wrong (safe to say that Mayling tailored Xas, no?), what else could you be wrong about? Does it matter that you were wrong? Why were you so sure I was town for the first two, maybe three days?
I wasn't entirely wrong. Like I said, this game's tailor is like a pick-Godfather-or-Miller each day combination. I was never truly sure that you were Town, I was just sure that you weren't mafia.

About your "it wasn't optimal, therefore I'm clear", that argument seems way too opportunistic. After all, we've used it, what, like 3 times now? For EP confirming information, Xastrn arguing against J lynch, and me saving Xastrn. It really just looks like you're trying to buy into what Town has been eating up. Also, you came up with that argument, like, half an hour after Nick posted. Were you just waiting to post that?

About your point of "magically clearing" half the Town, in addition to what EP said, keep in mind that JoanBud was mafia and yet, was an investigator. His early death was the source of the "investigators are town" phenomena.

Swiss said:
Final scum role is the killing role, one scum always has the "omg u kill ppl" role. And with a forensics in the game, that'll make sense.
Explain EXACTLY what you mean by this statement.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I've been scum more times than you can shake a stick at. EVERY time there is a designated killer that sends in the night actions and is 'responsible' for the kill. Forensics results will give you the name of the 'designated' killer.

Jesus, go get more scum roles.

Swiss

Smash Lord
O I C wat u mean.

'Omg u killer' role has never, in my ****** experience, had another ability. So the other two scummai flippy floppies weren't the designated shanker.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swiss said:
Forensics results will give you the name of the 'designated' killer.
Clearly, they do not, or else we'd have gotten names instead of ???. Are you suggesting that EP is lying to us?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Come on, do you really think that my ability would work in a balanced game? It's basically one confirmed scum lynch from D2 onwards.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Talkin' mechanics not specifics.

It's almost as if there's misinformation going to EP, or something.

Wish I'd mentioned that earlier.

Oh hai Cello, look.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Why did you say "Final scum is the killing role, one scum always has the "omg u kill ppl" role"? Forensic Analyst has never been used on SWF to my knowledge, and Watcher doesn't catch killers here (but they do on Mafiascum). While it seems intuitive that FAs would catch Vigilantes and Serial Killers, it's really unlikely that any non-mafia killer would kill J. Why then, did you word your statement the way that you did? Why not, "The last scum can't be indy, since there was a Night Kill"? Instead, you worded it as though you knew that an independent role took on a killing power.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Your "point" that Nick is/was feeding disinformation to EP doesn't make any sense. As a Day investigator, confirmed by the fact that he chose when to submit his investigations, he had the ability to see what other people did before acting. Why use his power at all if he was going to wait until EP came forward to spread that disinformation? Why would he have confirmed J's power being misdirected in the way that he did? How would that have helped his scum group? Besides, he could have just never used his ability and let J die (based on what information he had at the time). With Mayling in the scum group, I'm sure she would have told him to use his power in those ways.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
EP#906BWOP: "Watcher doesn't catch killers here" = "Watcher doesn't catch the mafia Night Killer here"

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: Also, how does "why would my scum team let Mayling die?" apply exclusively to you? Why wouldn't it apply equally to Nick? More so, given that if he were scum, he wouldn't HAVE to bus his partner. Assuming that Nick is scum, insisting on killing Xastrn would have been the ideal play, since he would have clearly had you on board for that, and between himself, Mayling, you, EdreesesPieces and GorditoBoy (who were willing to lynch the guilty-investigate [not that I would have blamed them]), had Xastrn's lynch secured if they wanted it, regardless of anything I might have said.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
And so...

VOTE COUNT:

[4] Swiss:
Nicholas1024 / GorditoBoy69 / Cello_Marl / Xastrn

[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] Xastrn
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] Cello_Marl
[0] Nicholas1024

[2] Not Voting: Swiss / EdreesesPieces

_

...It was decided.

The inhabitants turned to face... Abe? It can't be!

Swiss, Abe, Mafiosi Ninja, has been possessed and subsequently exploded!
_

Suddenly there were 5 inhabitants... but not for long:

"I fooled them completely... They fell for everything."

"And I was your subordinate... I can't believe they didn't realise the "???" was fabricated."

"Let's kill Elum first this Night. Then we'll rule this Town like we intended."

Cello_Marl, Elum, Vanilla Townie, has died a quick death!

Nicholas1024, Greeter, Indy [1-Shot Vigilante] Sibling, has won the game!

EdreesesPieces, Mollock the Glukkon, Indy [Assist] Sibling, has won the game!

THANKYOU FOR PLAYING ODDWORLD MAFIA

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FFFFFF my instincts were right on Nich not being town. Too much bandwagoning. Also wtf, DOUBLE indy and Edreese got our results?!

T~T

Shoutouts and more later ;D

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You ninja'd my last votecount kata! Obviously kata is the real ninja here.

Endgame comments to follow about the balance of the game when I'm not in class (and have posted in the games I'm in lol).

Cello was fracking amazing btw, even though he lost.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, you mean there were 5 anti town players?
Wait, you mean we correctly lynched 3 scum in 4 days and that meant we lost?
I'm not buying it.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
They don't have a night kill remaining. Me and gordito couldn't have died. Town didn't lose. The game wasn't over yet.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
You know... I was asked to do a prank end-game, and now everyone who asked me disappears!
_

Dastrn... one second. Let me get another post up.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
And so...

...The real end-game flavour:

VOTE COUNT:

[4] Swiss:
Nicholas1024 / GorditoBoy69 / Cello_Marl / Xastrn

[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] Xastrn
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] Cello_Marl
[0] Nicholas1024

[2] Not Voting: Swiss / EdreesesPieces

_

...It was decided.

The inhabitants turned to face... Abe? It can't be!

"LISTEN! I had no choice but to do this guys! I would have been killed otherwise!"

But in no time, the rest of the inhabitants quickly jumped him.

"It's about time we ended your reign of terror!" shouted one inhabitant.

A fleech, small and cuddly, slid forward and started chanting. A blue stream of bubbles entered Abe's mind.

"This inhabitant... it's sneaky... it's mysterious... it's ABE! He's the ninja of Oddworld!"

Suddenly, Abe exploded into teeny tiny fragments.

Swiss, Abe, Mafiosi Ninja, has been possessed and subsequently exploded!

_

And so...

The remaining inhabitants turned to look at one another.

"Did we... just save Oddworld?"

"I think we just saved Oddworld!"

END GAME!

EdreesesPieces, Mollock the Glukkon, Town Assist, has saved Oddworld!

Gorditoboy69, wild Scrab, Town Voyeur, has saved Oddworld!

Nicholas1024, Greeter, Town Forensics Investigator, has saved Oddworld!

Xastrn, Fleech, Vanilla Townie, has saved Oddworld!

Cello_Marl, Elum, Vanilla Townie, has saved Oddworld!
_

Role PMs, Night Actions and other bits are on their way.

Top Bottom