• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Besides, do you really think that EP would literally clear like, 3 or 4 people? That's a new low for you X1.

If ANYONE other than Xastrn hammers, that person is scum. If you are a Townie, DON'T HAMMER. NEVER make a post with a vote for X1 in it without refreshing your page. Don't forget to forgo your Night Action, Xastrn.

@Whoever plans to put X1 at L-1: Make a post saying "I'm going to vote for X1 and put him at L-1 in ten minutes (or whatever amount of time you'd prefer, but no less than that)" before you actually vote for him. We need to make sure no "accidents" happen.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: Yes. Those are the possible scumteams, and that list shows what Day that team would lose if we follow my lynch plan.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
The only way scum would win is if Swiss is scum and claims Doctor and Mayling isn't one, or if Xastrn is scum and J doesn't successfully investigate him by choosing to investigate me instead AND there is no Doctor, or if it's a Swiss/Xastrn or a Swiss/Cello team. I doubt those situations enough that I'm willing to commit to this course of action (especially the last one). If scum deviates from my predicted kill patterns, then it just gives us a faster victory or ensures it.

Possible scumteams and summary:

Swiss/X1-12 Loses on Day 4 if May is a Doctor
Swiss/Xastrn Scum Wins
Swiss/Gordito Loses on Day 5 if May is a Doctor, due to J-investigate
Swiss/Nick Loses on Day 5 if May is a Doctor, due to J-investigate
Swiss/Mayling Scum Wins
Swiss/Cello Scum wins
X1-12/Xastrn Loses on Day 4 if J chooses to investigate Xastrn
X1-12/Gordito Loses on Day 5
X1-12/Nick Loses on Day 4
X1-12/Mayling Loses on Day 3 or 4
X1-12/Cello Loses on Day 4
Xastrn/Gordito Scum wins unless Meimu/Swiss is a doctor and J investigates Cello
Xastrn/Nick Scum wins unless Meimu/Swiss is a doctor and J investigates Cello
Xastrn/Mayling Scum wins unless Meimu/Swiss is a doctor and J investigates Cello
Xastrn/Cello Scum Wins unless Meimu/Swiss is a doctor
Gordito/Nick Loses on Day 5
Gordito/Mayling Loses on Day 5
Gordito/Cello Loses on Day 5
Nick/Mayling Loses on Day 4
Nick/Cello Technically loses on Day 5, but known by Day 4
Mayling/Cello Loses on Day 4

(Thank you, Professor McLogic Saves the Day.)

In my opinion, it's going to be X1 and Mayling. Technically, it could also still be a J/X1 scumteam, but then they would have hilariously painted themselves into a corner.
Three things.

1) If the scum are X1/Xastrn, then town wins D3 if J investigates us tonight, not D4. Basically, depending on who J investigates, Xastrn and Cello are interchangable in this list.

2) J investigating Xastrn first is a waste. Remember, we were the ones who saved J from a lynch yesterDay and hit Joan instead. We also worked tirelessly toDay to save him again, even after he claimed cop. Cello was only convinced once EP claimed. If we were mafia, J would've been lynched and the game would have entered N2 before EP even had a chance.

All of this is to say, if J is going to investigate either Xastrn or Cello toNight, it should be Cello.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: If I were scum, I'd already lose at later points anyway, so why wouldn't we have J investigate you? Yes, I trust you, but I'd rather have cold, hard facts rather than an extremely strong read when there's no point in not taking it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I need to catch up reading more posts, but what Nick said is 100% legit. D2 I got results for Smargaret. The forensics siad the person that visited her was "????" though. I PM'd Kataefi to ask if that was an intentional result and it was. So Nich is telling the truth about his results.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: The reason I put Day 4 was to account for the possibility of you being a roleblocker. If that was your role, then you'd stop J from investigating you. But, then again, you're hammering, so you'd lose that power even if you had it. And while you could roleblock J if it was originally X1's power, then you'd be hoisting yourself on your own petard. You're right.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Hihi, EP. Can you go ahead and vote for X1? I promise you it's the best thing for us to do.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Rereading, I realize I misread what J was saying about Summoner; I thought J thought he was getting a role, not that a role could be blocking his investigation. J...probably isn't scum, just really stupid.

That being said, if J were to only get alignment results, he probably wouldn't have sent one out at all if he were scum. It's still possible that he is scum either because he : 1) has to send one out, like a Serial Killer (which might explain why Night took so long), or 2) normally gets role results, but the analyst gets alignment.

Nick, go ahead and role claim and target claim.
My role states I get the results exactly like the original person should have gotten them. I literally get a copy and paste of the person's ability results. Basically people request results, and the results go through some weird thing and sent to me instead unless i"m grossly misinterpreting everything about my role.

Also, what if doc protects J tonight and I get killed? J might not get her investigation result...so I"m not so sure about that plan.

Cello - What's the votecount? Before I put my vote in I want to make sure I'm not the hammer, since Xastrn should (I agree on that) I'll go back and count it and come back and vote in just a min right now after I make sure I'm not the hammer. I'm still catching up.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
My role states I get the results exactly like the original person should have gotten them. I literally get a copy and paste of the person's ability results. Basically people request results, and the results go through some weird thing and sent to me instead unless i"m grossly misinterpreting everything about my role.

Also, what if doc protects J tonight and I get killed? J might not get her investigation result...so I"m not so sure about that plan.

Cello - What's the votecount? Before I put my vote in I want to make sure I'm not the hammer, since Xastrn should (I agree on that) I'll go back and count it and come back and vote in just a min right now after I make sure I'm not the hammer. I'm still catching up.
that's something i don't get about your role. maybe once you're dead the original person gets their result... otherwise, once you're dead, we lose four PR results. Which would be like lololwtf

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
No one has voted or unvoted, so it's Swiss / Cello_Marl / SummonerAU / Nicholas1024, or 4 of 6. Your vote will be L-1.

EdreesesPieces said:
...I just thought of something. Maybe EP should take the hammer. Since he wouldn't have his ability, that would ensure that everyone gets their own results. That would also take care of your worry.

Mayling, that last post was the nail in your coffin.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Scum wouldn't have any reason to voluntarily use an alignment detection ability, and so the only way J could be scum is if it were forced. Even then, we'll know that for certain by Day 5.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
@Xastrn: If I were scum, I'd already lose at later points anyway, so why wouldn't we have J investigate you? Yes, I trust you, but I'd rather have cold, hard facts rather than an extremely strong read when there's no point in not taking it.
I'm not sure if the "your right" was referring to everything I said or not. But in response to this, you and I should be basically interchangable on your list. Our scum-win conditions should only change based on who J investigates.

And yeah, I trust you too, but we have more town-cred at this point than you do, given the way things have turned out. Given that, I'd prefer it if you were investigated rather than me.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Vote: X1-12

Also, I know 1 more person's role and what they did. If that person claims their town role and who they used it on last night I can clear them.

Before Xastrn hammers I'd like to make sure we're clear on the plan for tonight on who doc should protect and who J should investigate though.

X1-12

Smash Champion
it was worth it, I'm a VT

things for tomorrow:

1.) Check EP's story, see if he could have made it up based on what the other's had said?

2.) Lynch Swiss

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
..I just thought of something. Maybe EP should take the hammer. Since he wouldn't have his ability, that would ensure that everyone gets their own results. That would also take care of your worry.

Mayling, that last post was the nail in your coffin.
Or, instead of having EP around to save the 50% of the results sent to him, we just lose those results. Plus, if EP is NKed (which I think is likely), we'd lose the hammer ability and the town assist all in one shot.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Again, Xastrn, it's not a matter of credit. If we follow my plan, I CAN'T WIN if I'm scum. You could. Let's make sure everyone knows that.

Doc, protect J. J, investigate Xastrn.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Cello, unvote. I want to make sure J agrees with everything before we lynch X1.

Also, I want to hear the other stuff EP said he was holding back. (IIRC, there was more he mentioned in his first post.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Do you people just not what I'm saying? EP, why didn't you put a 10 minute warning? Why didn't you take the hammer?

@Xastrn: Clearly, the "may or may not" isn't a 50%. It was contingent on EP being alive or not.

@Doctor: Protect J. If X1 is telling the truth, then we don't expect J to get a correct investigation anyway; he'll be roleblocked. But if he's dead, EP's ability is useless.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
EP said:
doc should protect either J or me . make ita random choice, mafia won't know who to kill
NO. NO NO NO NO NO. Everyone else's results are more or less useless; EP's death is expected and USEFUL to us. Even if he remains alive through a protection, then we'll CONSTANTLY be worrying about investigative results going to him. PROTECT J. I'm being absolutely serious.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Dangit.

Too many people posting at once.

Cello, before Kat shows up. How does your chart differentiate between you and me? I fail to see how either of us should affect the results differently outside of who gets investigated first. Tell me why we're not interchangable?

X1-12

Smash Champion
3 possibilities

1.) Xas is town PR -> he can use it tonight
2.) Xas is VT -> no loss for town
3.) Xas is scum PR -> unlikely, it would help scum a lil bit but I'm pretty sure he is town

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Cello my ability can still be used to get Nich's forsensics results, and Gordito's voyeur results.
BTW Doc I know you protected Cello last night. I also know that someone WATCH'd Cello.

Gordito's voyeur investigation of Cello said Cello was protected, roleblocked, AND watched. Just getting this info out in case I get NK'd.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: The difference is that it possible for you to be a roleblocker, whereas I could not be. It's slight, but it does eliminate a few combinations if Meimu is a Doctor, whereas that would not be the case for you.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
If Cello was watched but isn't lying about being roleblocked, then we have a town watcher, another scum watcher, or EP is lying and it's possible that he and J are the scum.

Let's hope X1 isn't VT.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: How could I be lying about being roleblocked? I watched myself, and EP proves that. I was kinda, THE WATCHER, last Night, remember?

Top Bottom