• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

GenG

Smash Lord
There is a slighty better array of great wizards and shamans in FE6. You have Lilina, Lugh, Hugh, Ray and Sofia, who IMO overcome Erk, Pent, Canas and Nino (but Serra and Lucius possibly balance that). I like mages/shamans a lot and was a bit deceived with just one shaman in FE7, but Canas ends being a pretty good unit after all.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Nobody beats Erk as mage IMO but then again Ive only played FE7 and sacred stones watever number that was. But Nino 5th lvl wtf?!?! but looking back her stats were twice as good as any other mage, so I saved all buff itmes throughout the the entire elliwood campaing and gave em to her...she reached lvl 20 in 1 chapter/ Pretty freaking amazing, but not worth it when u could make ur other 3 lords=gods with all those items.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Nobody beats Erk as mage IMO but then again Ive only played FE7 and sacred stones watever number that was. But Nino 5th lvl wtf?!?! but looking back her stats were twice as good as any other mage, so I saved all buff itmes throughout the the entire elliwood campaing and gave em to her...she reached lvl 20 in 1 chapter/ Pretty freaking amazing, but not worth it when u could make ur other 3 lords=gods with all those items.
Yeah, it's pretty much a tradeoff with Nino if you want to use her; most who do choose to give her the Affa's Drops, since she can make the most use of them out of any character. But her CON is horrible unless you give her a body ring (which you pretty much have to since she has a CON of 4, which isn't even enough for a regular Fire tome). And IMO, it's really only worth giving all those things to Nino if you abused the RNG earlier in the game. And Erk pales as a sage and magic user in general because of his average growths and crappy supports (with the exception of Serra and maybe someone else that I can't think of at the minute). Pent and Canas are much more preferable in terms of stability.

And yes, FE6 has a better cast of magic users in general. Too bad the female druids sucked ***, lol. Lilina had nice caps and growths, but she always tended to be speed screwed for me, but that's beside the point.

It'd be nice to have a female FE character in SSBB. Hope it happens.

Miharu

Smash Hero
In terms of magic users I like Knoll he can get perfect stats with the creature campaign and Druids have high caps.
But Knoll, on average has the worst dodge. Period. Practically non-existant luck + sub-par speed = getting hit a lot. I like his supports, though, and with CC, stats aren't that big an issue for most people.

Druids have nice caps, and their added ability to use Anima in FE8's pretty nice.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
But Knoll, on average has the worst dodge. Period. Practically non-existant luck + sub-par speed = getting hit a lot. I like his supports, though, and with CC, stats aren't that big an issue for most people.

Druids have nice caps, and their added ability to use Anima in FE8's pretty nice.
The creature campaign if you will remember allows all your charcters to have perfect stats.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
OK fine. Not the tower, but the ruins just gave me a lot of gold, so I bought stat enhancing items with it. Takes ages but I get rich in the end.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah he is! :D I had a good time using him with Armads in FE6 to. However, I didn't used Geeze because I wasted all my Hero Crests already... T_T When Im done with FE8 I think I'll replay FE6 again.

My favorite Axe user however would be Ross. I don't know, but the fact that he's young and has good Luck and Strenght appeals to me. I like his support conversations to with either Lute and Gracia. And I like the Journeyman class. ^^

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yeah I really like Ross and Ewan, I hate Amelia though... Ewan is my only good shaman, Knoll sucks, I never use him, Ewan as a summoner is awsome. I like Lute as a Sage more than a Mage Knight purely because she looks cooler as a Sage, L'Arachel is my Mage Knight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Amelia's first class looks rather cute though... In the good way though not the bad and perverent way mind you. ._. She has trouble weilding the lance, and doesn't wear much armor which looks much less... generic. Amelia still makes an awesome General however. Still, I don't use her either, only when she stays the Reqruit class. ^^

I still wish they'd already have the Halberdier class form Path of Ridiance in the Sacred Stones. Amelia would make a pretty awesome Halberdier, which makes so much more sence than a Paladin, Great Knight or General.

Summoners are awesome to! I once had a file with 2 of them, Knoll and Ewan. It was awesome, and they leveled up quite easy to if you just sacrefice the summoned soldiers. :D You could easly gain 5 levels by just saraficing them to the bosses. :p

My favorite class from FE8 gotta be the Rogue. I always liked the Assassin, but they couldn't Steal anymore... Now with the Rogue, that problem is solved. :) However, they can't One Hit-Kill, but their awesome look makes up for that.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
"Yeah I really like Ross and Ewan, I hate Amelia though... Ewan is my only good shaman, Knoll sucks, I never use him, Ewan as a summoner is awsome. I like Lute as a Sage more than a Mage Knight purely because she looks cooler as a Sage, L'Arachel is my Mage Knight."

"Amelia's first class looks rather cute though... In the good way though not the bad and perverent way mind you. ._. She has trouble weilding the lance, and doesn't wear much armor which looks much less... generic. Amelia still makes an awesome General however. Still, I don't use her either, only when she stays the Reqruit class. ^^"

Summoner has the worst caps of all magic user and his summons are the worst aswell you screwed up xian. You should have made him a Druid or a Super trainee higher caps. Mageknights are a worthless class aswell the female Sages are far better.

"I still wish they'd already have the Halberdier class form Path of Ridiance in the Sacred Stones. Amelia would make a pretty awesome Halberdier, which makes so much more sence than a Paladin, Great Knight or General."

I wouldn't mind Amelia actually, but I doubt it will happen she was my favorite trainee class because she made such a good general. They also cut classes for PoR don't forget so it's a trade off.

"Summoners are awesome to! I once had a file with 2 of them, Knoll and Ewan. It was awesome, and they leveled up quite easy to if you just sacrefice the summoned soldiers. :D You could easly gain 5 levels by just saraficing them to the bosses. :p"

Summoners are awful no practicality for the LA.

"My favorite class from FE8 gotta be the Rogue. I always liked the Assassin, but they couldn't Steal anymore... Now with the Rogue, that problem is solved. :) However, they can't One Hit-Kill, but their awesome look makes up for that."

The Rogue has no advantage over the assains except for the picking of locks and such, but it isn't a neccassary skill plus you get Rennac to do that. Colm is a better Assassin by far.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't care about efficiancy, Due to creature campaign I (now) have all my units promoted I use what I like I have.
Neimi - Ranger
Dozla - Beserker
Forde - Great Knight
Franz - Paladin
Kyle - Great Knight
Natasha - Valkyrie
Tethys - Dancer
Syrene - Falco Knight
Garcia - Warrior
Duessel - Great Knight
Gilliam - General
Eirika - Great Lord
Ephraim - Great Lord
Lute - Sage
Gerik - Hero
Artur - Bishop
Joshua - Swordmaster
Marisa - Swordmaster
Seth - Paladin
Tana - Falco Knight
Vanessa - Falco Knight (so I can do the triple attack thing)
Moulder - Sage
Rennac - Rogue
Saleh - Sage
Knoll - Druid
Innes - Sniper
Colm - Assasain
Amelia - General
Ewan - Summoner
Ross - Warrior
L'Arachel - Mage Knight
Cormag - Wyvern Lord

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I don't care about efficiancy, Due to creature campaign I (now) have all my units promoted I use what I like I have.
Neimi - Ranger
Dozla - Beserker
Forde - Great Knight
Franz - Paladin
Kyle - Great Knight
Natasha - Valkyrie
Tethys - Dancer
Syrene - Falco Knight
Garcia - Warrior
Duessel - Great Knight
Gilliam - General
Eirika - Great Lord
Ephraim - Great Lord
Lute - Sage
Gerik - Hero
Artur - Bishop
Joshua - Swordmaster
Marisa - Swordmaster
Seth - Paladin
Tana - Falco Knight
Vanessa - Falco Knight (so I can do the triple attack thing)
Moulder - Sage
Rennac - Rogue
Saleh - Sage
Knoll - Druid
Innes - Sniper
Colm - Assasain
Amelia - General
Ewan - Summoner
Ross - Warrior
L'Arachel - Mage Knight
Cormag - Wyvern Lord
Wow xian your classes bite.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I have them as what I like, Wyvern Riders suck as Wyvern Knights when compared to Whyvern Lords. I need the Falco Knights so I can do the triple attack thing, Nemi is only a ranger because Innes was a sniper and I regret making Garcia a Warrior over a Hero. I shouldn't have made moulder a sage either, it's very awkward for him, he should have been a bishop... For my Cavaliers I only made Franz a Paladin because he seemed to fit it the best, the other two are fine as Great Knights... Swordmasters are better than Assasains for the Myrimdons, that critical rate is really handy. L'Arachel should have been a valkyrie...

That is all from my first file.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I have them as what I like, Wyvern Riders suck as Wyvern Knights when compared to Whyvern Lords. I need the Falco Knights so I can do the triple attack thing, Nemi is only a ranger because Innes was a sniper and I regret making Garcia a Warrior over a Hero. I shouldn't have made moulder a sage either, it's very awkward for him, he should have been a bishop... For my Cavaliers I only made Franz a Paladin because he seemed to fit it the best, the other two are fine as Great Knights... Swordmasters are better than Assasains for the Myrimdons, that critical rate is really handy. L'Arachel should have been a valkyrie...

That is all from my first file.
Sniper for females is much better, Wyvern riders can glitch your game, Warriors are vastly better than heros, Bishops are better in almost every stat over Valkeries, the cavaliers I could care less, but Paladins are much wors than Great knights. Valkeries and Mage knights are completely equal, but both bite Swordmasters beat assassins. Sages beat bishops for both genders and I have no argument against the Falco knights, but Wyvern knights are better, but it's close. (Not based on opinions, my data is based on caps, so I'm not just attacking your preferances just efficiancy.)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
On my second file I went back and made Neimi a Sniper, way better now. I like Paladins more than the Great Knights because they have much better movement, which is good for when I want the battle over faster, I like Heros more than Warriors purely because Heros are cooler and have axes :p Moulder doesn't really seem to fit well as a Sage. Mage Knights are better than Valkyries because Anima magic is better than Light Magic. I only made Natasha a valkyrie because I wanted a valkyrie as well as a Bishop.

Buddha Fett

Smash Cadet
I too prefer Heroes to Warriors, they're fun. I always filled my party with Falco Knights, Heroes, Sages, and a Bishop for preference.

Rangers, Paladins, and a Valkyrie/Mage Knight were always my cavalry, also for preference. I found that I killed things MUCH faster as so.

And on assassins/swordmasters, I always made them into assassins; the extra sight in creature campaigns was helpful as heck.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
All my classes are built around unique opportunities and then class efficiancy so the 3 trainee classes are super trainees for me.

AquabladE

Smash Rookie
---first post---

I'm definitely want Lyn in SSBB, because:

- Her Katana , and fighting style could prevent her from being a clone.(As well as her bow)

- She's a female and that's what Smash needs more of..

- and I think she could make an extraordinary fighter, especially if done correctly.

Miharu

Smash Hero
On my second file I went back and made Neimi a Sniper, way better now. I like Paladins more than the Great Knights because they have much better movement, which is good for when I want the battle over faster, I like Heros more than Warriors purely because Heros are cooler and have axes :p Moulder doesn't really seem to fit well as a Sage. Mage Knights are better than Valkyries because Anima magic is better than Light Magic. I only made Natasha a valkyrie because I wanted a valkyrie as well as a Bishop.
Meh. Rangers are ugly, animation bites, and even though they may edge out Snipers a bit in LA due to their 30 SPD cap, Snipers may be a bit more well-rounded statwise.

Mage Knights and Valkyries are horrible. Just horrible. Always go Sage/Bishop if possible, since the extra movement isn't worth sacrificing stats for.

Great Knights suck. The only advantage over Paladins is their access to the whole weapon triangle, and slightly better stats in STR and DEF. However, a weakness to both Armorslayer and Horseslayer is annoying, and their lousy flee doesn't help either.

Heroes are generally more versatile than Warriors. But Garcia/Ross are better suited as Warrior/Berserker, respectively.

Making Ewan a Summoner is almost a waste of a unit; he's better of as a ST or Druid. If you really want a Summoner, use Knoll.

Amelia ***** as a General, both in game and in LA. Max Def + Hoplon Guard pretty much renders crit-based units worthless, and S in Lances with the addition of the weapon triangle and proper supports renders her almost invincible, except to magic in most cases.

Hector with an S in Swords in FE7 was nice, along with Lyn with a S in Bows, but I forget the other 3 components of that team X_X

Wyvern Knights are usually the superior flying unit. Falco Knights are usually too weak, and have crappy CON that can't handle the heavier lances. Wyvern Lords have crap speed (I mean, wth is a speed cap of 23?), and their low RES doesn't help much either. Wyvern Knights also have Pierce to their advantage, which is really nice, since it may allow for a kill in one go, assuming you have double attack, since raw STR + Vidofnir = lots of damage.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
All my classes are built around unique opportunities and then class efficiancy so the 3 trainee classes are super trainees for me.
I have only beaten the game twice, I can't get super trainees yet, I'm still maxing out everyone on my second file.
Mage Knights and Valkyries are horrible. Just horrible. Always go Sage/Bishop if possible, since the extra movement isn't worth sacrificing stats for.
I noticed and fixed it up on my second file, Natasha is now a Bishop.
Making Ewan a Summoner is almost a waste of a unit; he's better of as a ST or Druid. If you really want a Summoner, use Knoll.
I know, I know but still summoners are so cool, when I start my 3rd file, I'll make Ewan a super trainee (if I can...), Knoll sucks in game so I never have a chance to level him up that much, but he is very helpful in CC

Miharu

Smash Hero
If you beat both campaigns yes, but the only one that is better t5han the other classes caps wise is the Super pupil.
Yes, the only downside for Ewan's ST promotion is the lack of CON, but that can easily be solved with Body Rings. The only one that can really stand any chance in LA.

Amelia's ST is like a Swordmaster that uses lances; it's nice for the novelty factor, and again, CON can be an issue, but the crit's nice.

For Ross, any of the other 3 promotion choices would be better. Even Hero.

Top Bottom