• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

camo-man

Smash Cadet
>_> This is quite the off-topic thread for a while. lol.

I never actually beat the game yet. I got stuck at the part where you're forced to turn Wallace into a general. I try and go around the whole map and plug all the enemy spawn things before trying to take out the Paladin.

justice

Smash Ace
Zombie earlier you said something about using a emulator. I was wondering how do you use that with your GBA or how do you use the emulator for Fire Emblem.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
ahahahaaha she doesn't fall off the face of the earth. Just wait another chapter or two, and you should meet up with her again, I' not gonna spoil wether she joins u or not. I got bored so I'm replaying through, in one day after school im up to...chapter 12, yah im on twelve/

justice

Smash Ace
ahahahaaha she doesn't fall off the face of the earth. Just wait another chapter or two, and you should meet up with her again, I' not gonna spoil wether she joins u or not. I got bored so I'm replaying through, in one day after school im up to...chapter 12, yah im on twelve/
I thought they say after the game ended does that mean there is more after the game ends? Could someone explain please? >_<

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I beat Eliwood's campaign and Hector's aswell.

You get to play the other campaign's Justice.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
I thought they say after the game ended does that mean there is more after the game ends? Could someone explain please? >_<
Ok I didnt bother to read the rest of stuff a few pages ago so what I think they mean is. The first 10 chapters are Lyns campaing, then u can chose to end it there but thats gay, after that u play a eliwood.

But yah since I'm pretty confused I guess I should read those last few pages...but I won't cuz I'm too lazy.

justice

Smash Ace
So the first time you stop then do it again and then eliwood path is unlocked and you meet Lyn instead of her vanishing.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
You always meet her in Elwood's campaign aswell as Hector's compaign at the final end(End of Hector's or Eliwood's) for me she just vanished. I guess if you get her an A rank with either of them she goes on to marry the person she has an A with.

GenG

Smash Lord
I know but FE6 is better, it's longer, it has more characters plus the trial map with special characters.
That's debatable. The special characters are a pain to get, and more chapters isn't equal to a better game: There is level design involved too. FE6's plot is a bit weak for me, but it's way better than the 7 one. GBA FEs have not so great plots overall, that's something I can live with due to their portability purposes.
Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu has 12 chapters and it's the best Fire Emblem ever made. It hasn't ranks, special maps or whatever, just normal maps that are 4 times bigger (and longer) than every other map in the series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
*Coughanyonepleaseleaveacommentat http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75690&page=35 cough*

As for Lyn... Her second form almost looks the same, there aren't mayor diffrences with the first one. I'd prefer her in her first form myself actually.
Funny how I got neg repped from that post. o_o;
And is it just me or is the another random-MSN-like-thread for zombie and The Dweller?
First the Diddy Kong thread, now this one... :D Poor Lyn fans.

Anyways, I think FE6's story is also better than FE7's. FE7 is pretty confusing after you've played FE6. However, FE8 still beats both I think. FE8 had a pretty nice story about friendship and such... And it's overall a pretty cool game. ^^ I personally would like Ephraim above all other FE Lords except Marth, because the Lance is a bad *** weapon. :)

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Path of Radiance ftw.
I just couldn't get into the sprites for the other FE series.

The Japanese version of FE: Radiance was so much better. The translations sucked and the support system sounded incredibly cheesy in the American version.

GenG

Smash Lord
Path of Radiance ftw.
I just couldn't get into the sprites for the other FE series.

The Japanese version of FE: Radiance was so much better. The translations sucked and the support system sounded incredibly cheesy in the American version.
I'm glad they used the japanese version as a reference for the translations here in Europe (Spanish, Italian and French for example), the final result was very mature and medieval-esque, I totally enjoyed the game. Even the jokes aren't childish anymore.
This, Paper Mario, Paper Mario 2 and Final Fantasy IX are possibly the best games ever translated into Spanish.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Anyways, I think FE6's story is also better than FE7's. FE7 is pretty confusing after you've played FE6. However, FE8 still beats both I think. FE8 had a pretty nice story about friendship and such... And it's overall a pretty cool game. ^^ I personally would like Ephraim above all other FE Lords except Marth, because the Lance is a bad *** weapon. :)
FE7 has a nice story when put by itself, but after playing FE6 it makes me think that Hector and Eliwood are bad parents, being so distant and all.

Canas fits really well and I like how you can recruit his mother and his son, his mum is sexy lol :), I also like how you can recruit Rath's father and daughter.

Barte is terrible in FE6, I hate him, but his daughter Fir is good, she reminds me of her mum Karla except not crap...

I like how lucius fits in (he is the father in the orphanage killed by Bern's soldiers, he raised Chad, Ray and Lugh.

I really hate how they never mention the fallen kingdoms of Cornwell and Caelin.

If you thought Marcus was crap in FE7, in FE6 he is 20x worse than that, he was just plain horrible, although I liked Merlinus more and how you didn't have to have him on the field to send items to him. I felt ripped off by Elphin's augurys and I just hated Lalum, she was killed way to easily.

Klein and Clarine look so much like their mother Louise and Klein reminds me of her a lot being a sniper, starting with the same items as she did and having similar stats. Thye took nothing from Pent though...

Karel is not horrible in FE6 even though he's old, he's actually quite good (I still prefer Rutgar and Fir though).

justice

Smash Ace
FE7 has a nice story when put by itself, but after playing FE6 it makes me think that Hector and Eliwood are bad parents, being so distant and all.

Canas fits really well and I like how you can recruit his mother and his son, his mum is sexy lol :), I also like how you can recruit Rath's father and daughter.

Barte is terrible in FE6, I hate him, but his daughter Fir is good, she reminds me of her mum Karla except not crap...

I like how lucius fits in (he is the father in the orphanage killed by Bern's soldiers, he raised Chad, Ray and Lugh.

I really hate how they never mention the fallen kingdoms of Cornwell and Caelin.

If you thought Marcus was crap in FE7, in FE6 he is 20x worse than that, he was just plain horrible, although I liked Merlinus more and how you didn't have to have him on the field to send items to him. I felt ripped off by Elphin's augurys and I just hated Lalum, she was killed way to easily.

Klein and Clarine look so much like their mother Louise and Klein reminds me of her a lot being a sniper, starting with the same items as she did and having similar stats. Thye took nothing from Pent though...

Karel is not horrible in FE6 even though he's old, he's actually quite good (I still prefer Rutgar and Fir though).
I am sorry but that is really confusing to me could someone explain it better or something:(

Miharu

Smash Hero
Is that the one with Lyn or who? I am not that big on the games but the characters I like. Sorry about that.
FE7 has Lyn in it. FE6 takes place after FE7, where the main characters are Roy, Eliwood's son, and Lilina, Hector's daughter.

IMO, FE8's nice for people new to the FE series, since the plot's pretty easy to follow, and gameplay is much easier when compared to pretty much every other FE. Even FE6 normal makes FE8 Hard pales in comparison. That's why I didn't like FE8 as much, aside from the fact that it has decent replay value from ruins (which gets repetetive after going through it for the umpteenth time) and creature campaign for maxing character stats, but you can only do that for so long. My main gripe with FE8 is that the game was just too easy, and I think quite a few vets of the FE series will agree with me that the main game was relatively short, only 20-some odd chapters.

And regarding potential mix-ups between FE6's and FE7's respective storylines, I think it flows better if you go play FE7 first, so you get everything in chronological order. At least that's how it worked for me.

And yes, if you thought Marcus was bad in FE7, just wait until you see him in FE6. But FE6 has quite a few good characters, and the legendaries are very nice in FE6. IMO, Apocalypse could arguably have the best animation ever ^^

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Canas' whole family is really good in the dark arts (especially him and his son, I'm sure his mum would have been better when she was younger)

I thought Barte was okay in FE7, he remained in my party on Hector mode so I could get Karla and he was pretty good but then in FE6 he just sucked Donkey Balls.

Top Bottom