• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
*you say that he made a huge leap in his play and that he actually started trying (LOLHEDIDN'T)

typos woop wop

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I feel like arguing this point from both sides is starting a battle that really doesn't have us go anywhere. I'm not going to comment further on AggroMed as I want for him to speak for himself.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Music

The mansion was dark and full of terrors, as it should be. The ghosts were minding their own business, chilling in their rooms and whatnot. All was silent except the steady drumming of rain from outside, and the occasional clap of thunder.

*crash*

“What was that?”

*rumble*

Commotion on the first floor. Rolling thunder. A slamming door. The mansion began to shake as a low humming sound resonated from the floor, the ceiling, the walls. The noise seemed to come from the mansion itself. Then, just as suddenly as it had appeared, the sound disappeared. Quiet once more.

The ghosts drifted from their various hiding places to congregate in the room where the noise had first occurred – the Study. Upon arrival, they noticed several things off about the room; the candles were out, the lights were on, and the chair was empty. Then they noticed the portrait hanging on the wall.

Sample Role PM, Neville, the Bookish Father, Vanilla Townie has been turned into a portrait!

The ghosts floated back out through the hallway to the safety of the dark Foyer before turning on each other. However, being the kindly pacifists that they were, they couldn't bring themselves to violence. Instead, they established a system of diplomatic justice that called for the banishing of any ghost whom the majority deemed dangerous and a likely culprit of the horrid crime committed.

Day 1 Begins!

Votecount

Circus [0]
Nabe [0]
Rake [0]
Aggressive Mediation [0]
Sokr [0]
Scary [0]
Raziek [0]
dabuz [0]
Friday Townie [0]
Kary [0]
we thuggin [0]
Gorf [0]
soup [0]
Masquerain [0]

With 14 players alive it takes 8 to lynch!

Deadline has been set for 11:59pm CST on Dec 1st.

#HBC | ѕoup

So there is no tell in his vote? Yet Gorf gets a free pass fir doing similar.

Soup says something completely non sensual, yet you give him a free pass and have no purpose to your whole post.

Who are your mates?

I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Are you saying i said something non sensual, or that's the accusation marshy gave me??

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So there is no tell in his vote? Yet Gorf gets a free pass fir doing similar.

Soup says something completely non sensual, yet you give him a free pass and have no purpose to your whole post.

Who are your mates?
I must be trippin cuz in my reality none of this happened. Are you like trying to outreach the brother that you have been firmly holding a town read on?

^If I'm wrong blame it on my walrus-infected memory but there's definitely a screw loose somewhere man :gova:

#HBC | ѕoup

Now that votes are actually a relevant thing and the game has officially started let's see people put their money where their mouth is!!!!!

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
joey...this is the second time youve literally said the complete opposite of what i asserted. i never said aggro started trying after the wagon. im saying that he brushed it off and bounced. youre also assigning motives to his actions and spitting them out like theyre fact

i gotta get ready to start the workday

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Vote: Kary

Dude like this is relevant because this is the beginning of the game and everything that happened before so we should just like excuse it all am I riiiiiiiiight?

#HBC | ѕoup

god forbid i go against your terrible agenda and pursuit my own interests

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
Kk I'm caught up now.

Soup is weird for me.

This is the only post that makes me really wonder what he's doing. This is also the only post I'm really getting any read on him from.

It seems that he thought that Rajam/Ryu were scummy/null prior to this point:

Along with that, he stated that he thought the slot was weird sometime after his 90.

I also don't really recall him talking about Rake at all outside of 90. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I honestly can't see this as a "dumb" type of scenario. "Dumb" (to me, at least) comes across as simply trying to help town, but your methods are not coming across as "townie" per-say. A scenario that is similar to this would be a "dumb" type of thing. Posting these things about Rake/Gord when you're either not going to go into it or just say that you think that one of them is town... It isn't really helping town at all to say the least. It's just wasted space and comes across as fluff. 90 is also something he could use to easily jump onto a wagon for Rake. "I thought he was playing differently early game!" would be an example.

Vote: Soup

What were you trying to get done with your 90 when you addressed Rake and Gord?
ide

Explain how determining someone's town isn't helpful

PoE is legit son

And @ bolded underlined: Jump once things happen, not on possible hypotheticals. In fact, what does it tell you that one of those slots named in 90, - us -, was finally concluded as town?

I demand a response to this

oh and btw, soup town. Deal with it

Voting We Thuggin is going to do little to no good as far as reading them. If you're not prepared to lynch that slot, don't bother.

One of the things the two of us talked about before Role PMs were sent out was that in our first post of the Day to propose that, if it exists, the Cop needs to investigate We Thuggin because, due to the way they are GOING to play the game as either alignment, they will be the most irritating to pin down and lynch. I stand by that claim.

I (Ryker) still have not read all of pre-game. I got most of it, but not all of it You'll get more from me when I am done playing League.

For now, I want to ask a couple of things.

1.) Rake, why did you want to discourage someone from pursuing an angle. Asking them to "let it play out." Being that overt ruins most every chance you have of being sneaky about your tactic and helps to prevent others from furthering their own reads.

2.) Soup, who, if you had to pick right now, would you lynch today and who do you think is scum?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yes because early game I just force a bunch of reactions to see what happens and solidify my feels.

Why ?
If it's meta I guess it's less concerning but so far your "force a bunch of reactions" pushes don't seem to be leading into much. Got a slightly leaning null with your Sokr push, said Soup is concerning but haven't pressed on that, I don't see anything you got from Scary, and now AM was just for the sake of pushing but it doesn't look like you got much out of that. It just seems like you're mindlessly pressuring people until you get something you can stick to and I see how it can benefit both a town player and a scum player. Would anyone else testify that this is how you play as town?

f1. this 100% wrong. my point is that aggromed was playing a certain way until AFTER the wagon at which point he stopped giving a **** about pregame. go back and read it yourself. READ THE ****ING GAME OR DO US ALL A FAVOR AND ENTRENCH YOURSELF IN THE "I'M NOT PLAYING UNTIL D1 CAMP

Read 72 - 141 and wherever AM's posts are after your wagon starts, that's wrong.

Vote: we thuggin

#HBC | ѕoup

Dabuz, I don't think there's been a single game where I haven't scum-read you. I'm completely serious. Your play to me always looks scummy and I can never see how you reach conclusions on things. Please tell me in your own words without just repeating what Ruy has already said why you think we thuggin' is scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
well, ka-****ing-boom mothefunsters.

gonna lay down the law just as soon as i read through again. town as **** and ready to bring the swag this **** requires. already seen some sour looking stuff coming out from slots but we know exactly how to deal with that, zero freaking tolerance whatsoever.

bring the noise, the hype, the magic

-karryu

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
1.) Rake, why did you want to discourage someone from pursuing an angle. Asking them to "let it play out." Being that overt ruins most every chance you have of being sneaky about your tactic and helps to prevent others from furthering their own reads.

Becaause he thought it was one way when it was another.
Although Soup's counter angle was interesting I ultimately decided it held no water, I almost read his disagreement with me as aloof because it didn't seem like he accounted that i was just pushing to see what happened and not to legit lynch you, although it would have been interesting to see it get to that point

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also being overt ruins nothing, and if you believe it does you need to re-evaluate how you play mafia.

Even in spelling out my intent I can garner a good net gain, while losing nothing if the natural conclusion of the methods I was using hasn't been fully met. In your wagon's case it was close, but I had to accelerate it due to soups interference, just like with scary in gs34 it loses me nothing to spell it out after the fact

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If it's meta I guess it's less concerning but so far your "force a bunch of reactions" pushes don't seem to be leading into much. Got a slightly leaning null with your Sokr push, said Soup is concerning but haven't pressed on that, I don't see anything you got from Scary, and now AM was just for the sake of pushing but it doesn't look like you got much out of that. It just seems like you're mindlessly pressuring people until you get something you can stick to and I see how it can benefit both a town player and a scum player. Would anyone else testify that this is how you play as town?
It's more or less become my meta as my understanding of the game has widened.

Scary was a joke, unless you thought I was serious, it was a little jab to him from the last game him and I enjoyed together.

AM i've already explained was a reaction wagon and I've already touched on my feels for the people on it slightly, unless you missed that :O.

Raz / laundry know well enough how i play but I don't think its a good thing for you to try to meta read me, as that's exactly how me you and zen won Fe&a.

you'll just have to believe what i say or question me on it until your satiated, if you want an accurate read, because in all truth my meta is almost to the line of being incomprehensible between alignments.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dabuz, I don't think there's been a single game where I haven't scum-read you. I'm completely serious. Your play to me always looks scummy and I can never see how you reach conclusions on things. Please tell me in your own words without just repeating what Ruy has already said why you think we thuggin' is scum.
You and most people scum read me most games *Shrugs*.

Anyway, for we thuggin, summary since I don't feel like going through post by post unless I have to.

-Initial pushes on AM were laughable with the content being pushed on. Later responses cemented that what he is pushing on is bad.

-343 is my attempt to point out where he's wrong, not sure if his memory is really bad or he really twisted the events, but either way he's so wrong on this that it's suspicious.

-Can't see how this wagon that we thuggin is trying to force is town when the justification for the wagon is far-fetched and incorrect.

but your interests are bad and wrong

if scary is scum i will mail you a japanese sword

if he is town you review the next 3 setups sent my way

deal?
Something about this is bugging me, it's like we thuggin is so sure Scary is town but IIRC he doesn't have solid reason to think so.

dabuz you earlier stated that joey was town. do you hav any other townreads atm?

No.

What exactly is your read on Scary and why?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
It's more or less become my meta as my understanding of the game has widened.

Scary was a joke, unless you thought I was serious, it was a little jab to him from the last game him and I enjoyed together.

AM i've already explained was a reaction wagon and I've already touched on my feels for the people on it slightly, unless you missed that :O.

Raz / laundry know well enough how i play but I don't think its a good thing for you to try to meta read me, as that's exactly how me you and zen won Fe&a.

you'll just have to believe what i say or question me on it until your satiated, if you want an accurate read, because in all truth my meta is almost to the line of being incomprehensible between alignments.

I did miss where you touched on how you feel about people regarding the AM wagon. Gonna re-read for that.

Noted everything else.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I feel like it's best described like:

If marshy's pressure and hbc and yolo and shouting has a purpose and a clear intent, he's town.

Otherwise lynch him

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I did miss where you touched on how you feel about people regarding the AM wagon. Gonna re-read for that.

Noted everything else.
it's maybe a page or two back. it's not too in depth yet as i havent decided how i feel on everything yet but it's getting there.

Tell me your thoughts on the AM wagon participants

Any of them scum ?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
IIRC people on the wagon were you, Gorf, Scary, and thuggin.

Out of those, thuggin looks the scummiest to me obviously, leaning scum on Gorf. Admittedly I've skimmed some of Gorf's posts and need to really read them soon.

I feel like it's best described like:

If marshy's pressure and hbc and yolo and shouting has a purpose and a clear intent, he's town.

Otherwise lynch him
Ok, that still doesn't change that the actual content of the wagon doesn't look good.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Not siding with Rake on his method but after experiencing it the last game, it's just something that he does. It really is nothing to be concerned about unless said victim is around L-2 or something. At least that's what I can infer.

In the end it actually proved to be useful in getting information for town so I more than welcome it again if it produces the same results as last game.

Top Bottom