• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

Kantrip

Kantplay

[Collapse=Rules]
Fundamentals:
1.) Have fun and don't be a jerk to others. I will not hesitate to modkill or force replace players who take it too far.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you may no longer post in the game with the exception of one "Bah! Go town/scum" post.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players (including hydra communication). You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action being taken.
11.) "Liking" posts is only allowed if you are a player currently in the game (no outsiders, no dead players, no replaced players, etc.)
12.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me.
13.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, etc

Voting and Lynching:
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Potassium.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote vote: Gheb. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline:
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 7 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.

Game-specific:
1.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
2.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
3.) If you notice an error in the game please notify me via PM. Feel free to PM me with any questions as well.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) I confirm the presence of a town faction and at least one mafia faction. I do not confirm or deny the presence of any additional mafia factions.
6.) I confirm the absence of the following independent roles: Jester, Lyncher, Contract Hitman, Rogue, Governor. I do not confirm or deny the absence of any other indy roles.
7.) To confirm you have read the rules and received and understand your role, please post in the thread indicating as such. The game will begin once all players have confirmed.
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Sample Role PM]

"Ho ho ho ho... Go ahead, try to find me. I can see you, but you cannot see me, ho ho ho ho..."

You are Neville, the Bookish Father, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

None.
Win Condition:

You are town aligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Player List]

-Alive-
4. Aggressive Mediation (WashedLaundry/Ryker)*
8. dabuz*
10. Mari777 Kary
13. soup*
14. -Masquerain-*

-Dead-
5. Sokr, Sir Weston, the Chilly Climber, Town Cold Jailer lynched D1
9. Friday Townie, Biff Atlas, the Bodybuilder, Vanilla Townie lynched D2
7. Raziek, Slim Bankshot, the Lonely Poolshark, Vanilla Townie turned into a portrait N2
1. Circus, Bogmire, the Cemetery Shadow, Town Weak Coroner lynched D3
6. Scary, Uncle Grimmly, the Hermit of Darkness, Vanilla Townie turned into a portrait N3
2. Nabe, Luigi, Mafia Roleblocker lynched D4
11. Gorf, ?????, turned into a portrait N4
12. we thuggin, ?????, turned into a portrait N4
3. Rake, Vincent Van Gore, the Starving Artist, Town Painter lynched D5

-Replacements-
1. Handorin
2. thethirdkoopa

[/Collapse]
Important Posts:
Day 1 Begins
Night 1 Begins
Day 2 Begins
Night 2 Begins
Day 3 Begins
Night 3 Begins
Day 4 Begins
Night 4 Begins
Day 5 Begins

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Say I'm a dead cop, and I Like a post by someone else that reads, "I think Nabe had a Guilty on Kuz." By Liking it post-mortem, not only am I potentially supporting the validity of the content, but the player who posted the statement gets an alert telling them I've Liked their post, and on clickthrough they're immediately shown the post, which draws their attention back to that post and potentially influences their thinking.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Luigi is indy
Ghosts are Town-aligned
Mafia is E. Gadd and co-horts

gg

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Kantrip:
Welp. I'll have to /out large
Looks like it could start soon, but I have to much coming up to put time into the game.

EDIT: oops. I didn't even see that it filled. Sorry. I could switch with Rake as a replacement. I'll try to keep up with the game. I just don't think I could post as much as I usually do. And that's saying something.

Handorin

Smash Hero
/subscribe

If by chance I get the role PM, I could send it to you, and we could hydra if you want.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Say I'm a dead cop, and I Like a post by someone else that reads, "I think Nabe had a Guilty on Kuz." By Liking it post-mortem, not only am I potentially supporting the validity of the content, but the player who posted the statement gets an alert telling them I've Liked their post, and on clickthrough they're immediately shown the post, which draws their attention back to that post and potentially influences their thinking.

Ehh... Slight stretch for people that aren't involved in the game but I get it. Dead man tells no tales and whatnot.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Well yeah but like it's an anomaly to me man. Just letting the inner subconscious submit itself to satisfaction, now that I know the pronunciation man. You know where I'm getting at?

Yea :)

Top Bottom