• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm really sorry about my play guys. I wasn't able to be here nearly as much as I would have liked. I also relied on my role WAY too much instead of actually diving into the game itself, and I definitely used my lack of free time as an excuse to not get really strong reads. I feel I would have gotten the same general reads, but I probably should have re-evaluated Marshy way before I got myself so freaking deep into that tunnel. Something to improve on for next game I suppose. I was planning on replacing out, as I got accepted into a winter indoor percussion group that rehearses every weekend from mid-November to April along with having rPSI over at my place for break and I personally doubted the game would last into spring semester (where I'd be way less busy), but I seemed to be a little too late there. School and that indoor group kept me from being here throughout the majority of the game, but I shouldn't have let it keep me away nearly as much as it did, and I will make sure it does not happen in the next game I participate in.

I haven't looked at Gord's role, but that flavor stuff was really freaking hilarious. I'm still wanting to know what was so horridly terrible garbage trash about me and my scum hunting. I can make myself look townie, but actually hitting scum is something I haven't successfully learned how to do yet.

Sowwy Marshy :(. I just need to learn how to read people. Simple as that. I'm definitely willing to listen to your views and I did agree on some things in the end.

Great play Dabuz! Also awesome play, Soup! :) Didn't really see Nabe much, but it worked for him, so I'm assuming he played super well, too!

I'd be really happy with either Dabuz/Soup getting MVP, and I'd be really upset if one of them didn't get it. They both played REALLY well and kind of walked all around the town. I have a feeling that even if players like myself and AM were more active, they would have done the same thing. It was that great of a job for both of them!

AM not being in the game really confused me and made me question my read on him throughout the whole game. I know that Laundry and Ryker both can and have previously lost internet access really easily, so I shouldn't have let activity be my questioning point, but I ended up doing that. Shame on me lol. Liked your play when you were here though, although I wasn't sure why you wanted to lynch Rake over Nabe. To each their own I suppose.

I will just trust my Ryu feelings from here on out. I loved your play this game Ryu, but Rajam had so many questionable things when everything was getting set up on your lynch... :/. My apologies. On re-read, outside of a few questionable things Rajam did, your slot generally played well, and I liked it overall in the end. Should have re-read your slot sooner lol.

Kary and Rake were both slots I actually never really got reads on. I said I did, but I never got to truly read into the slots and get a legit opinion on them, so I kind of just rode the waves on both of them. Kary is also a person I can't read at all for whatever reason (he always seems null to me), and Rake is someone I generally scum read naturally, so those things didn't help at all lol. Scary was the same after I tried reading him and couldn't get past null on anything. :/.

I was pretty confident on Raziek town, and it turns out I was right. Yaaay! Was really ashamed to see you die, but I can understand why they would target you. Smart choice on their part.

I personally had a town read on Sokr from his one post >_>. Felt pretty weird about it since it got him lynched in the end. Didn't wanna really argue that read so much after I already realized he died. Was more wanting to argue the fact that he shouldn't have died XD.

Not sure if I forgot to mention anyone or not. Huh. Overall glad to have played another game with such an awesome group of people and I can't wait to participate in another game with you guys! Have a great holiday break and I hope to see you all around the boards. c:

Kantrip

Kantplay
If I was doing official MVP for this game, it would be shared between soup and dabuz.

soup had solid super-townie early play and initiated the back and forth distancing between him and dabuz that they both played off as really townie. His play started to slip a bit when he got anxious but he fell back on meta and rode it through. dabuz continued to look solid after the interaction with soup, and pulled out the clutch doc claim when he got tracked. Both of these slots played very well, good job you two.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
joey said:
I haven't looked at Gord's role, but that flavor stuff was really freaking hilarious. I'm still wanting to know what was so horridly terrible garbage trash about me and my scum hunting. I can make myself look townie, but actually hitting scum is something I haven't successfully learned how to do yet.

Take what I say in game with a grain of salt. The point of my play was to be perceived as the nag I was being, and to allow marshy to accurately voice me along with himself. You know that saying think about the message, not the messenger? Well, the concept of mafia, in my head, has a strong pull toward that. Even though dabuz may be acting in a very active and interrogative manner, he might not be doing much thinking or acting on thoughts at all. It just looks like he is. Town needs to pursue scum, whereas scum needs to look like they're pursuing scum. There's no way around this concept because, well, scum is scum. The only hunting that they can do is, well, for other scum or on their own selves, which is where connections are drawn. The way to differentiate a townie from a scummy is not necessarily in the tone or just the text on the screen, but everything surrounding that tone. Is that natural for that player to feel the way they feel about that topic? Why is that player actively pointing this out, but not this? It's fair to ask for clarification, but everybody has a reason for doing what they are doing in thread. Everybody. And it's their right to withhold that information. That just means you need to empathize with that person and see that they might be doing the thing you have questions about for a reason, and that pursuing what you don't know is a bit harder than pursuing what you do. Somebody says they don't want to explain a read on somebody? Walk in their shoes and see why that person may not want to do something. Playing safe blows in mafia. Sometimes, there are just things you don't know, and that's okay. What you do know you work with, and alter your perspective to try and understand the unknown. Nobody has perfect reads. But accuracy can be polished.

All I want to ask is what was REALLY behind your push on my slot, Circus and why did you refuse to address my question about your original motive? With 20-20 hindsight, I can get your response when I say that it looked EXTREMELY opportunistic that you jumped on me after the phase was almost over about the possibility of a janitor and set me up to be the center of attention if one showed up. Then one does show up and you claim a really convenient janitor safe claim. Your entire thought process read as trying to find a reason to kill me rather than reading my alignment because your entire push was justified after the fact.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
All I want to ask is what was REALLY behind your push on my slot, Circus and why did you refuse to address my question about your original motive? With 20-20 hindsight, I can get your response when I say that it looked EXTREMELY opportunistic that you jumped on me after the phase was almost over about the possibility of a janitor and set me up to be the center of attention if one showed up. Then one does show up and you claim a really convenient janitor safe claim. Your entire thought process read as trying to find a reason to kill me rather than reading my alignment because your entire push was justified after the fact.
I believe I made myself perfectly clear during the game. Your contingency plan for a role that is only used in maybe 1% of games in Dgames read as totally unbelievable to me. I saw it as a tell that you expected there to be hidden roles, which you would only do if you were scum, or a PR like myself or Rake. And you had claimed VT, so the latter option was out the window.

Also, I didn't jump you after the phase was almost over. We were half way through the Day or something, and people were getting antsy to lynch. You make it sound like I waited to the eleventh hour to just start throwing fud on you and that's just not true at all.

Also, and I hope this is the last time I ever have to say this, trying to get you lynched in this game was the EXACT OPPOSITE of opportunistic when you look at the big picture. If you zoom in just on me and you, then sure it makes sense. But in reality, I, as scum, would never have chosen to pursue that route because I would have always had far better alternatives. Rake, Frito, Gorf, Kary, I could have scapegoated just about any slot in this game more easily than you, because you fight back like a cornered pitbull. Why would I ever pick a fight with you if I didn't think I had something legit to go after you with? Why would I make scum life harder for myself?

I understand why you thought what you thought, from a town perspective. I was already not reading you as town, so I didn't care. It is my experience that you, as town, typically prefer to play more assertively than you did in this game, and Washed is usually all over games when he's town. Red Ryu put it well when he said that D2 looked like you letting town make the lynch choice—town Ryker usually likes calling the shots from my observation, so it stuck out to me. Now, in reality, scum Ryker likes calling the shots too, but when you notice behavior you consider strange, you typically don't stop to analyze it from all sides. Your brain just logs a grievance about what it just saw and it's on your radar for a while afterward. That's what happened with your early play for me. Then you dropped what looked like a tell, and I pounced. In hindsight, no, it wasn't the right thing to do, but you know what they say about hindsight.

Now see it from my perspective: you're a role whose only real ability is implied knowledge of a Janitor or similar role in this game. You then see a player claim VT at L-5 for the explicit purpose of avoiding a quicklynch, and they justify it by saying "ya never know when a FLIP MIGHT GET HIDDEN HAR HARR." Would you let that slide as a nulltell? Or would that pique your interest enough to pursue?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
When Kanty told the green room that was being discussed in the scum convo, I was pretty surprised. Joey read insta-town to me. I had a couple lapses on my read of him just because of some "dumb or scum" moments, but I don't really get where the traitor vibe came from. At least not to the point that you would believe he was your traitor, rather than just that he could be.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
When Kanty told the green room that was being discussed in the scum convo, I was pretty surprised. Joey read insta-town to me. I had a couple lapses on my read of him just because of some "dumb or scum" moments, but I don't really get where the traitor vibe came from. At least not to the point that you would believe he was your traitor, rather than just that he could be.
I second this.

Traitor read had me totally scratching my head.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'll take the blame for scum reading Joey as traitor. Combination of 3 scum made me think there must have been traitor or indy, and then when I Role Copped Joey, I saw his role as the butler or w/e. Then I looked online and found out Joey's character is obsessed with melody Pianismma (IDK the spelling), but I skimmed my role and remembered (incorrectly) that i'm melody Pianismma. Combined with Joey town reading Soup and myself, kind of ignoring Nabe, and not playing his usual townie self (in fact I got vibes of his scum play from Sepiroth mafia), it all led to me believing him traitor and telling the scum team that.

Top Bottom