• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
He did though, he knew it was a passive ability. Pretty sure he said it in thread somewhere.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes, it was passive. I never sent in a Night action. My role was compulsory. I went to every dead body as soon as they died, and if their flip had been hidden, I would find a clue to their character or role.

Kantrip

Kantplay
To clarify on Circus's role: The role was mainly for the purpose of being a red herring and setting up the exact CC scenario that it did by looking like an inferior town role. The sleepwalker quality isn't flat-out stated, but it is heavily hinted at with the wording of Bogmire "visiting the grave of every player that dies." The role obtains the same items that the Mafia Vanilla Cop receives, so there are two roles that use those. The items practically give away the characters as they are very centric to them. For example Van Gore would yield a paintbrush, Sir Weston an ice pick, and Shivers a candle. You can probably guess what each character's item was (the mafia don't have any because they won't ever be visited by the two roles that use them). Bogmire's role was also passive, however, and was not something that could not be roleblocked as a result, so there was something to differentiate it from the Painter role.

Sleepwalkers aren't supposed to know their role iirc.
By that vein, neither are millers, but you can run them otherwise.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah and millers that know they're millers is generally considered ******* modding.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well then don't think of this as a sleepwalker. It is actually an ability, and named appropriately. You could call it compulsive strongman weak coroner or something if that would be better, but I don't think there was anything wrong with the role's inclusion. I am open to criticism about it though if people disagree, and I did forsee people disliking the two similar town roles thing.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Well done, kids.

Scum did well, because we sold fiction as facts, and never had a similar agenda. This allowed us to pump three mislynches on fake scumteams suggested by other players. When the time came that a Nabe lynch was likely by several townies looking my way simultaneously, the scum win was past the point of no return, because soup and dabuz weren't both linked to me by any single townie.

One thing we absolutely didn't get right was our read on Joey as a traitor. But I think that was understandable given Joey's play and the original nature of the setup.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well then don't think of this as a sleepwalker. It is actually an ability, and named appropriately. You could call it compulsive strongman weak coroner or something if that would be better, but I don't think there was anything wrong with the role's inclusion. I am open to criticism about it though if people disagree, and I did forsee people disliking the two similar town roles thing.

Nah, there's no problem with the role itself. But calling it a sleepwalker when it's not will confuse people.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nah, there's no problem with the role itself. But calling it a sleepwalker when it's not will confuse people.
Gotcha. It was initially a sleepwalker but I liked the red herring aspects of the new role better than the uninformed elements of the sleepwalker role. The fact that the weak coroner will be tracked going to every dead body without actually performing an action on them is why I refer to it as a sleepwalker still, but I get that that is a bit misleading. Thanks

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
also

town shouldve looked back at the thread and analyzed the interactions between nabe and the living players after his flip for something of value. town got so wrapped up on claiming malarkey to the point that they ignored something as valuable as 55+ pages worth of information. pretty much one of the first things that a town should do after a scumflip. im sayin this cuz i never wanna see that **** again in my life

massclaims too but thatll probably take a few ass whoopins before it gets accepted how truly trash they are. mods should keep doin what gheb and potato did by inserting **** to **** up town through claims simply so theyre forced to play mafia instead of outguessing the mod

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You can tell I was tunneling because I didn't even stop to ask dabuz about his role. Why would a baby be a doctor? Doesn't make any damn sense. At some point during this game I stopped playing mafia and just wanted to lynch up my reads list, which is a shame because the clues were there if I'd bothered to look for them. This isn't meant to detract from how well scum played, I just mean that in hindsight it's obvious I wasn't playing at my best. I don't know why it happened, whether I just got fed up with the game, or what, but it does leave me feeling kinda stupid in the end.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yeah I don't have any lessons for people to learn or any of that other ****. If you were town, you probably made mistakes.

Thanks for modding, Kantrip.

Argh. Just argh. I had no impact on this game, either on my other head or on the rest of the thread. I ****ed up early and completely blew any chance of relevancy ever. It makes me mad.

I just need to trust my gut more. I kept trying to tell my other head that Rake was town. I kept saying it looks a lot like how he played as a PR, particularly an informational one, just like how he did in KvK. He kept his head low and looked like scum so scum would never shoot him. I wanted at least another night to see if his role would go off again. My other head argued me down on this one and I hate it.

Same with Circus. I just hated how that lynch happened. I hated how despite Marshy being completely on board with it he continued to rip into us for the entire gogdamn thing despite his vote being placed there. I don't think we could ever wiggle out of it. We completely committed to it.

I hated how Soup spent the entire ****ing game being like "I agree with this but I can see where the other guy's coming from." That type of equalizing **** is the same thing I sometimes do as scum, he did it the entire game when I know Soup is a lot more aggressive than that as town, and it nagged me for the entire game. I wanted to get my other head to go Soup last day phase but I doubt it would've happened. We couldn't even convince Kary to get off Rake at any point of the game, there was no way we were getting Soup.

I was right that Sokr was Jailer as well but I had no real proof for that other than name.

The only thing I was really wrong about was Nabe and dabuz. I let dabuz go for so long thinking he would've been PoEed if he was actually scum. I think he would've been had push come to shove.

Rake, you played bad. I get your entire logic for playing like that but your ****ty play was the entire reason no one believed a damn thing you said and when half your posts consist of "I played bad but I'm not scum", you are not doing yourself any favors. If you want to play that, you need to straddle the null line, not the scum line, before you claim. You didn't do that this game.

Frito, I'm sorry you got lynched. I wrote in notes I was taking during my long reread that I regret your lynch completely. I listened to my other head at the time of when we voted you because I wasn't reading the thread at all and he told me something about marshy being right that you guys weren't scumhunting. We were off that wagon for a reason but we could never state it in thread.

I will stand by the fact that I can never read marshy right because I stand by the fact that marshy, despite occasionally being town, rarely ever plays like it. I think the only time he did was OS All-Stars and I still had questions about how he played. He admitted that we will never read each other right at some point in the game and I completely agree with that statement. We probably never will. However his play here was not very good and had we lynched him D1 or D2 instead of Ruy, this game would've turned out differently but I still think that Ruy would've died for it overall; however, we might've won had we not had the egotrip between my other head and you going on for 5 damn day phases, let alone players like Soup, Frito, myself, Kary, or otherwise being involved.

Kary, take your tunnelgoggles off more please. I had no problems with your play outside of your adamant desire to have Rake lynched. You refused to re-evaluate anything about him and I think that was part of our endgame problem--you refused to move on Rake and therefore I doubted we could've got Soup lynched at any point despite the fact that Soup was scum. I get that Rake played bad but town can play bad too--just look at how we played.

Gj Dabunz, you played exactly as you need to. I'm not mad at all for losing to you, you pulled off an exceptional doctor claim in a game where the biggest power players were saying that Sokr wasn't the doc. I'm not mad at all for losing to that because you won the game for it.

I think this game's biggest problems is that there were too many Chiefs, not enough Indians. When you have a game with AggroMed, marshy, Kary being bullheaded as ****, Soup, Circus, Nabe, and the like, you are going to have problems getting things done. Town's insistence on being stubborn and not re-evaluating lead to these problems and I'm mad that it came out like this but I don't think that by the point of the game that I finally felt capable of truly contributing, I was ever going to have any impact. People were too suspicious of us by then and my other head had committed himself to things.

Now please lambast me with criticism. We are both well aware that we played like ****. I know where my problems lie and I assume my other head knows them as well. I'm simply stating what I perceived over the course of this game. I'm ready to move onto the next games but I feel like I needed to say my part.

:186:
-Laundry

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, take your tunnelgoggles off more please. I had no problems with your play outside of your adamant desire to have Rake lynched. You refused to re-evaluate anything about him and I think that was part of our endgame problem--you refused to move on Rake and therefore I doubted we could've got Soup lynched at any point despite the fact that Soup was scum. I get that Rake played bad but town can play bad too--just look at how we played.
You didn't even argue with me about lynching Rake, though.

Could we? Honestly by the point that I reached the conclusion that Rake was town, there was no way I could do it because my other head was so damn invested in it that I couldn't even convince him of my point of view.

Like, Rake being town didn't really come to me until after his role activated. By that point I had enough circumstantial evidence to suggest that Rake wasn't scum and that he might just be what he claimed. I hated Rake's play, because he really was playing that damn bad, but he worked himself into a similar situation as Tourney Cop in KvK so it was something I was considering as soon as he claimed. Throw in with the oddball way the entire game was treating him (nearly everyone had him as scum despite absolutely no commitment to lynching him) and the fact that his role did in fact go off with no one else claiming it and I honestly started to doubt he was scum. There were some other tiny things going on that I honestly don't much remember anymore but I simply doubted he was scum. I don't see how scum would completely throw their jan under the bus like that for so long when it was clear he wasn't a one-shot after marshy's death.

And if we backpedaled on that, we were ****ing toast.

Man no shoutouts for the gorfster I see how it is Laundry :(
You played like an antagonistic douche and that's all I remembered out of you. It made sense in tandem with your role but good gog did it make me hate ever agreeing with you.

edit: your hippy schtick was funny though i loved that

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Thanks man, gotta appreciate you feeling my vibe :)

Yea I really relished being able to get everyone to hate on me. I tried (and did) tread the line of being hated enough by town while just not being scummy enough about it lol.

Edit: Btw lookin forward to playing witchu gimmicks aside bruh :smirk:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Could we? Honestly by the point that I reached the conclusion that Rake was town, there was no way I could do it because my other head was so damn invested in it that I couldn't even convince him of my point of view.
I'm not trying to say arguing with me would have worked. I was deep in the tunnel, that was bad and it was my fault. But I feel like if anything would have snapped me out of it, it would have been someone actually disagreeing with me. Idk.

I just feel like it's off for you to say I refused to shift off Rake, when you didn't ever ask me to move off him. I'm probably reading too much into your choice of words though, sorry.

I'm slowly getting my feet back into this game, which is good, I guess. About midway through the game I started to feel like I was actually reading people again, which is a problem I've had in the few games I've played in since I've gotten back. FFT and MMU will be a lot of fun for me to play in.

I'm not trying to say arguing with me would have worked. I was deep in the tunnel, that was bad and it was my fault. But I feel like if anything would have snapped me out of it, it would have been someone actually disagreeing with me. Idk.

I just feel like it's off for you to say I refused to shift off Rake, when you didn't ever ask me to move off him. I'm probably reading too much into your choice of words though, sorry.
It's fine, just it's frustrating for me to lose, particularly because I had no impact on the thread after pregame. I'm so frustrated with how I did but I at least recognize what I did wrong and I think I corrected a slump I was in since I came back. I've played badly before but I feel like not this badly ever since I got here. This is an MVP-caliber hydra as any alignment and one of the best since Chucky (and I'm speaking purely on results, not on sentiment, feel free to argue with this though), and for us to play a game where many people read us as scum for a majority of the game and for us to have absolutely no impact or weight on the thread has me shaking my head. Knowing that I was right about Rake but that, no matter what I did, I could never shake even my own other head's read let alone anyone else's because I was that irrelevant makes me really damn mad.

@Gorf: Looking forward to playing again when you're not gonna be an ass to everyone in thread lopl. Those "lap dog" comments still sting a bit and you weren't even directing them at me.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I was actually waiting for laundry to come into thread and talk ryker into making a bit of sense.
Also imo AM>Chuckie>Radfic from what i have seen

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
WL clean your cookies out them you should be able to log out.

Also Ryker used correct scum meta on me, it just was off due to irl reasons.

I was actually waiting for laundry to come into thread and talk ryker into making a bit of sense.
Also imo AM>Chuckie>Radfic from what i have seen
It never happened because I completely forgot about this game due to technical problem after technical problem at home.

You wanna hear about this ****? I come back from school after leaving my computer at school because I assumed my own laptop would finally be repaired after 4 months of being held by one party or another instead of it actually being fixed for various reasons. I come back and get my mom's laptop and try to watch a stream to notice no sound is coming out. After a quick investigation, I noticed my little brother had broken his headphone jack in the port and the computer was still reading it as the headphones actually being plugged in. So, as a result, my mom takes the computer away to see if her boyfriend can pull it out. I'm offline for two days. I get it back this Monday and by Tuesday, our internet gets shut off for three days due to an error in the system and then failure to follow-up on a problem or something of that like. After getting it back for two days, our computer set up to run Netflix and the like refuses to even function anymore (it's 10 years old in the first place) and so I can't really watch anything on TV. Last night, our power died.

I never had an opportunity to get my head into the game or truly commit to it and it hurt our slot tremendously. I was trying to get my other head to listen to me behind the scenes but it never worked.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
So me and Kataefi have been talking about D1 and we mutually agree that we think vote:Aggressive Mediation is scum. It's not even a hunch, you'll just have to trust me here.

Top Bottom