• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't remember a single time where I won as scum [mafia or indy] without good communication being a key factor.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Every time I bussed my mates it was because they were unavailable for communication.

:059:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Soup, when you lead me to Nabe on D2 I think it was, I stuck to that and knew him to be scum but that led me away from you so hard.

I wanted to think of dabuz as well but he was playing so well and your doubts plagued me. Next time you will hang.

Great game for real though. I need to work on getting my ideas out hardcore.

Kantrip

Kantplay
[Collapse=E. Gadd's Laboratory (Scum private communication)]
Here you may converse privately.
Haven't been scum in a while. Cool.
Hi guys, ready to vacuum up some ghosts? :p
<role PM>
Mafia again? Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I'm a standard RB.

Right, so, I suspect that the setup is as standard as you thought, Soup. Standard play applies, don't get caught, perform sleight of hand at night, easy. Standard role spread and VTs.

Is the jan one-shot?
<role PM>
Cool. Kinda bummed that the jan is automatic, but multiples is good news.
Just to be sure there's no confusion, E. Gadd's janitor ability only takes effect on kills he specifically sends in.
I think this game has an indy. 11 town and 3 scum doesn't seem like a standard 14 person balance.
I think we should let this AggroMed thing play out. Me and Dabuz have already set our opinions against it so I don't feel we need to go out of our way to lynch him, and I think this is going to get old really soon to be honest.

Nabe, I really like what you're doing right now, keep it up.

Dabuns, I've pushed on you on some points but I don't want you to instantly assume I'm bussing you or anything. I'm merely trying to emulate what I would think as town and I want you to think the same when you respond to me. Look at my slot in the way you look at it that you would as town. Respond to me in the way you would as town.
Indy vibes on a player, not going to mention who for now.

What am I doing right now?
You're doing your Nabe thing, which I like.
I will endeavour to continue being Nabe.
Dabuns, I cannot stress enough I am not trying to bus you. I just need you to answer me. Are you going to follow-up on the concern about me?
I'm using this as an opportunity to make my vote on we thuggin look legit so you will get a response. Not going to follow-up concern on you because I've never actually stated that, I just pretty much nodded my head to Rake that I understand his thought process there. Quite simply the way you're playing doesn't give "townbuz" a reason to care about you when there are more concerning slots.
Okay, I'm off on radio silence for the Day. Cheers.
Thinking of copping Gorf since his hammer seems off to me, getting an indy vibe. Could also cop one of the inactives (Raziek, Circus, Scary) since I find it likely that a PR would be hiding somewhere in a quiet slot.
Gorf is a fine copping. I think we should kill someone fundamentally townie while posing somewhat of a threat. I'm leaning on Kary/Joey right now. It would be obvious if we wasted our time with killing a slot like AM or Marshy, and since they're getting plenty of heat right now, I think it would be our best choice. Do either of you disagree?
Joey townreads you and has a townlean on me so he can live. Kary could be a threat. FT might also be an option since they are pretty obvtown. Main thing is we want to get rid of someone who will look at slots not on the wagon since the only scum player on that wagon is Nabe who is not notable this game.
Regarding AM and Thuggin, we should definitely leave them alive since Thuggin will get himself killed by pushing AM.
Yeah, Gorf is my indy pick as well.

Shooting Kary is fine, but I'd have loved to have him around for something to do toMorrow. Rake is another option. And I wouldn't call killing Marshy a "waste of time".

Any suggestions for roleblock? Are we janning?
Yes, I'm going to jan.
I say we roleblock one of the lesser actives but still someone who can pose a threat, e.g circus/raz/joey.
Kill Kary (Janitor)
Cop Gorf
RB Raziek

Sound good?

Rake could also be a kill option but truthfully I don't see his slot as a threat.
Are we trying to kill a threat? Because Kary is not exactly Mr. Threatening either.
Well, we could kill We Thuggin because his reads are actually pretty damn accurate at the moment and he doesn't town-read any of us. It doesn't matter if he's suspected because marshy is already a tough lynch, and considering he's likely to be copped regardless it would play in our favor to get rid of him now and have a potential PR waste their shot.
Makes sense.
Marshy isn't an impossible lynch. But I'd be down, even though I'd miss out on the conversation.
Sent in the kill.
The actual **** happened?
Tell me your results Dabuns.
nabe don't respond to my vote at all just let me sit on it while this deal with ft/thuggin plays out
The Nabe vote was well-timed but should've come with some reasoning rather than the :D, which is purely bait and makes your vote come off a bit weird.
You stole Gorf's Toy Plane and looked into your crystal ball. Gorf is not a vanilla townie.
Oh man, Marshy is still alive...this is gonna be one baaaaaaaaaaaaaad day.
Pretty sure Gorf and We Thuggin are neighbors or w/e that role is where two people are confirmed town to each other. Reason being the twins have a toy plane and well, they are twins who are found in the same room in Luigi's mansion. Then combine that with how Gorf and We Thuggin have town read each other all game with little if any reasons and it all makes sense.
You think Gorf targeted We Thuggin and protected him for that reason? Might be best to try and go for Gorf in that case.
Exactly, making Gorf a good shot toNight.
Dabuns feel free to call me out on my inconsistencies wrt reading your responses. It's intentional.
Will do...if SWF can go without crashing for more than 10 minutes.
Do not change your vote to Frito toDay, Soup, under any circumstance. Back to me is fine if you get antsy.
I wasn't planning on it.
Gorf is blatantly indy at this point. Do we go through with our original plan for tonight?
I don't want a slot around that has no problem quicklynching and jumping on any and every wagon whilst having some sort of PR, so i'm fine with killing him no matter what.

What leads you to think he's Indy though?
I dunno, I'm pretty sure we either have a traitor or there's an indy about. Something about marshy/Gorf (and his play) makes me think he fits the bill.
If there is a traitor, Gorf fits the bill. Joey could also work as traitor considering he hasn't put any of us as a scum candidate and his slot feels more impactful when he's town. However, i'd rather not bank on traitor...at least not yet. Indy seems more likely.
The Rake train doesn't stop because you're sitting around pretending you have a PR result.
Kary hinting at a cop CC here?[/quote]
No, just being Kary.
Try to push a Rake lynch if possible -- there can still be FT momentum toMorrow after a Rake lynch, but not vice-versa.
Trust Soup, Dabuz, Joey over anyone else.
I love this guy.
Yeah, he's good to have around since he's stubborn enough that he'll go into lylo with those reads.
Frito is gonna flip. NA wise, kill Gorf, cop Kary, RB Rake?

Also, thinking of pushing AM toMorrow.
Well shoot.
On FT flip, I would sooner kill one of Kary or Joey, someone who was correct about Frito's alignment and doesn't have a lot of scumreads on them. I see myself leading a Gorf/Thug wagon in D4 on connections with the other.
With posts like 1300, Joey might very well be a traitor.

Soup, you're Mr. Townie right now, it's fantastic.
Circus is softclaiming an anti-janitor role. 1474 really sinks it in given the context with AM.
Considering we have to worry about a Doc and I want to push AM to super death tomorrow based on his "slip" of janitor, maybe we should kill a less important player toNight to ensure the janitor gets noticed?
Kary imo. Or we could normal-kill Circus.

Soup, what would be most convenient for wherever your play is going toMorrow?
I plan to either look into Jerkus more, maybe question scary, and the same deal with dabuns/rake. I'm already in a really good position so I can work with a Kary kill. Roleblock Jerkus, Rolecop Raz.
I also have plans to try and push Gorf a bit more.
How about I RC Joey since that'll help us confirm whether he's traitor or not?

RB Circus definitely.

I'm thinking Kary will tunnel Rake more tomorrow so really, he can live. This leaves Raziek as a good NK target.
I really don't think RBing Circus is a good idea. 95% likely he's a Mortician if he interferes with Jans, because otherwise his role would target living players and would be a pseudo-investigative. The Night after a Jan is the Night we need to worry about Circus.

I don't really agree with a Raz kill, either. It doesn't do anything for Day play, it's just checking an inactive who we don't have a read on.
Makes sense @ both of those.
Looking at the thread though, I would be okay with a Raz kill after all. I think it could play well.

Kill Raz
Rolecop Joey
RB Scary (a potential PR imo)

This sets up the next Day as follows:

- Circus, who thinks he's given himself away and expects to die toNight, continues to argue with AM, but with lots of potential to toss the argument as the Day moves towards the end and buy into a new wagon
- Marshy/Gorf/AM/Circus all question why they're alive over nullish Raz
- Marshy believes that scumteams don't make kills for no reason, so even on a VT flip he looks at the Frito wagon and at Rake; Marshy likes a Rake lynch but could be dissuaded over the course of the Day, so I talk Devil's Advocate by arguing non-directedly that Kary/Rake is scumKary tunneling, which makes Marshy find new reasons to hate Rake
- other good things
Sounds like a plan. I'll send in the kill.
*Thumbs up*
Raz was VT.
You stole Masquerain's Candle and looked into your crystal ball. Masquerain is not a vanilla townie.
He is smitten with the beautiful Melody Pianissima, but it seems that she does not return his affections at all.

Yep, definitely 100% traitor
I like it, that explains his awkward switch onto Frito last Day and his lack of action overall.
I'm in agreement too. I was getting worried about Joey anyways but that explains why there's only 3 of us. I'm guessing Gorf/Thuggin are town masons then.
I'm going to be supporting Aggro toDay against a Kary/Circus scumteam. Keeping the pot stirred.
ToMorrow, I'm going to be disillusioned after forcing through two mislynches. I'll be prompted to claim; if players are fine with my claim, AM seizes control of the thread and rides us to a win. If people aren't okay with my claim, I can be lynched, because AM will still ride us to a win through a Thuggin lynch since he won't know where to go afterwards.

This might all depend on how Kary posts next.
Sounds good, but don't put yourself on the chopping block if you don't have to, considering toMorrow -should- by lylo. I'm presuming this game is basically over now as long as AM is allowed to push what he plans to. I want to kill We Thuggin since I think he would be the only player who could potentially contest AM's pushes.

I'm starting to think We Thuggin had sort sort of BP N1. The only players left who could be a doc are Gorf/ We Thuggin (unlikely if they are masons), Kary (possible, may want to RB just to eliminate that possibility) and AM if he lied about his claim (Actually a possibility now that I think about it, IIRC AM had a town read on We Thuggin Day 1?). So the slim chance of town having a doc leads me to think that flavor wise, the twins being lovers and having a shared 1 use BP makes sense. Thoughts?
Gorf/Thuggin route is the best way to go as I'm pushing inactives right now and moving towards that direction. I don't know about killing thuggin', because AM/Thuggin' are itching to get at each other. Gorf seems like a reasonable kill though.
WRT Gorf, IDK if each of the pair gets BP, if it's shared, if it was doc, ect. I see what you mean about Thuggin and it gives me reservations about killing him. We could also go for a safe shot on Scary so tomorrow is definitely Lylo. I don't think anyone would bother doccing him.
no you dont you slimy *** *****. YOU TRY to kill ME immediately because of your "95% certainty" that me/jerkus are among the scumteam and your willingness to bet it all and your wholehearted belief that theres scum among us 3 NOT put the game down to a pseudo counterclaim in a situation where roles can coexist. its you or me tomorrow provided a townflip and you dont just nightkill me hoping town lets you talk your way out of getting the axe
Yeah, definitely NK Gorf or Scary, still thinking Scary is the safer option.
Obviously I'll RB Rake so he can't prove his ability.

Scary is a decent NK. But I don't want to kill people I've called town and look like I'm trying to prove I'm legit. And that kill would also make it apparent that scum is trying not to disturb town's momentum.

Having seemingly backed off of Rake in thread, Soup, you'll need a new tack.

And dabuz, what's your in-thread read on Soup?
Joey will become utmost importance and I'll try and re-assess and take my time reading and figuring things out, like I would usually do in a Lylo. All I need to do is let AggroMed or Thuggin' make the wrong play and get us to a point where we can alpha or comfortably vote off a townie. I don't need to make any big moves but that also doesn't mean I won't be putting my vote anywhere. I will not pursue Rake come toMorrow and I will hold true to my original stance.
I have a concern though:

Thuggin is going to claim neighbor or masons with Gorf if our instinct is correct, which will block AM from pushing thuggin', unless he really thinks that both of them being scum could be the case. There is also the fact this is two clears in a lylo situation, technically counting Rake. If we kill Scary, we would be banking our options on Thuggin' making the move on AM, which is the most optimal. If that falls through however, what is our back-up plan?
Rake isn't going to be a clear except by my word, and in fact he's going to look bad (and make me look bad) by being roleblocked toNight. He can still get lynched, and I suspect Kary can be lynched, and AM as well.

I think Scary is a likely PR, and I'm content with you killing him. I'd love to kill Gorf, but I don't want to risk a repeat of N1 in this situation, and if he flips Mason that'll clear Thuggin.

So if you're planning on throwing pressure on AM, do it relatively hard. I mean, gauge the situation first, obviously. But since I have Rake as 'clear', I'll be on Kary hard, who will be pushing Rake hard, and you'll be on AM hard, and that'll muddle the whole thread and dissociate the two of us. I don't see dabuz being in danger of anything toMorrow.

And let's rolecop AM, against the slim possibility he's indy.
Obviously I'll RB Rake so he can't prove his ability.

Scary is a decent NK. But I don't want to kill people I've called town and look like I'm trying to prove I'm legit. And that kill would also make it apparent that scum is trying not to disturb town's momentum.

Having seemingly backed off of Rake in thread, Soup, you'll need a new tack.

And dabuz, what's your in-thread read on Soup?
Sounds good @ Rake

Yeah, I didn't even consider that about killing Scary.

My in thread read on Soup is nonexistant, but that's because my justification in every game now is that I scum read Soup or at least have issues in every game and then he flips town. Only game I town read him he flipped as scum and he that was the only game he didn't push me hard so i'm not gonna bother with his slot, not that I think anyone is gonna question me on my Soup read.

Joey will become utmost importance and I'll try and re-assess and take my time reading and figuring things out, like I would usually do in a Lylo. All I need to do is let AggroMed or Thuggin' make the wrong play and get us to a point where we can alpha or comfortably vote off a townie. I don't need to make any big moves but that also doesn't mean I won't be putting my vote anywhere. I will not pursue Rake come toMorrow and I will hold true to my original stance.
Smart. Just an FYI i'm gonna ride the Rake wagon if it appears since my stance ATM is that I don't think Rake and Circus' roles could coexist and then with the RB, Rake has no proof of his role. I may also push Scary or Kary lynches on the grounds of them doing nothing even somewhat productive this game.

I have a concern though:

Thuggin is going to claim neighbor or masons with Gorf if our instinct is correct, which will block AM from pushing thuggin', unless he really thinks that both of them being scum could be the case. There is also the fact this is two clears in a lylo situation, technically counting Rake. If we kill Scary, we would be banking our options on Thuggin' making the move on AM, which is the most optimal. If that falls through however, what is our back-up plan?
We didn't consider that if we let Scary live, we could push him, because I don't want to go into lylo with a clear on both AM and We Thuggin, then we have to consider this clears Gorf. Right now i'm thinking it's worth the risk to kill Gorf, killing Scary leaves us with one less avenue to pursue and Nabe hit a good point that town might suspect something. If there is a doc then Thuggin is too risky to attack. My guess is that if there is BP of any kind, it was a 1 time shared BP. If there is a doc, I think it'd be used on one of the two powerhouse players, AM or We Thuggin. Worst case scenario if the kill fails toMorrow isn't Lylo, meaning We Thuggin has no reason to claim or they claim but it'd be more worth the risk for AM to lynch We Thuggin. From there we can probably kill Scary/ Kary and push the mislynch onto Rake. Also if we do this I can rolecop Scary.

BTW, we need to think about our claims toMorrow. With AM having me as town he's probably gonna let me be one of the last claims so i'm gonna try to save it as something I can use to incriminate a player, possibly a tracker.
I'm claiming simple VT. I have no need to make a power play or make myself look more convincing than I already am. It would be incredibly risky and put attention on me that I don't need. I'm not sure you should either. Do you have a proper flavor thought up and reason to do so?

I don't think pushing Scary gets us anywhere. AM town-reads him and so does thuggin'. There's no way he could get lynched and what we're looking for is keeping people alive that we can push, and scary isn't one of them. I think he's the safest bet to kill and Rolecopping AM like Nabe suggested is good too. Killing gorf clears thuggin' and he's going to follow marshy anyways, so keeping gorf is better for us if marshy holds true to lynching AM. Also, we know Joey is confirmed traitor if he claims VT, but I'm pretty sure that he is.
The claim would just be taking my role, and using my crystal orb to "steal" an object to read someone's fortune in order to find out if they visited another play that night. It's just something i'm considering if it doesn't look like AM and Thuggin are gonna be at each other's throats.

I mean, can anyone really defend scary's play this game in lylo? You have a point they town read Scary though, and AM + We Thuggin would probably go after Rake next anyway. If we kill Scary i'm definitely going to RC AM. I don't see how Gorf's death clears Thuggin when Gorf's flip would be hidden. If you're gonna kill Scary, go ahead since it has the lowest chance to blow up in our face.

The only player in our team who I think has a chance to die toMorrow is Nabe. We should also keep in mind that with 10 players alive, and 4 being scum, literally every town player has to vote one of us scum to get them lynched and this town is very divided.
Actually, I looked back at my Role PM and noticed that Melody Pianissima isn't in the game. He can still be traitor though.
The claim would just be taking my role, and using my crystal orb to "steal" an object to read someone's fortune in order to find out if they visited another play that night. It's just something i'm considering if it doesn't look like AM and Thuggin are gonna be at each other's throats.

I mean, can anyone really defend scary's play this game in lylo? You have a point they town read Scary though, and AM + We Thuggin would probably go after Rake next anyway. If we kill Scary i'm definitely going to RC AM. I don't see how Gorf's death clears Thuggin when Gorf's flip would be hidden. If you're gonna kill Scary, go ahead since it has the lowest chance to blow up in our face.

The only player in our team who I think has a chance to die toMorrow is Nabe. We should also keep in mind that with 10 players alive, and 4 being scum, literally every town player has to vote one of us scum to get them lynched and this town is very divided.
I can't use my janitor ability consecutively. It needs to 'recharge'.
-_-;; Wow, y derp. *Shrugs* Still, doesn't change that Masq is probably our traitor.
Oh, so no hidden flip toNight. Then definitely kill Scary.
Okay, so we know that Gorf and Joey aren't VT. We think Gorf/Thuggin are in a masonry. We have 2 flipped PRs Sokr, Circus already, counting Rake.

that's 6 PRs in a 14-man game. That sounds ridiculous unless spread and weakened considerably. I guess thuggin doesn't count, but still.

Town Weak Flavor Cop
Town Mort (basically)
Town Neighbor/Masons(With a PR)
Town Traitor (Joey??)
Town Vig/Jailer
Raz, AM (at least claims to be), Frito are VT.
Submitting the kill on Scary. Roleblock Rake, Rolecop AM.
9 PRs if you're including us scum, meaning 5 VTs? A lot of the roles town has are relatively weak though.
I envision anything other than a VT claim going badly.

I think I'd like Melody Piantissima. I've been setting up a Lie Detector claim and she's the least-worst fit.
You stole Aggressive Mediation's Bone and looked into your crystal ball. Aggressive Mediation is a Vanilla Townie.
Soup, which character are you planning to claim? I haven't dropped any character crumbs so I want to make sure whether or not you have crumbed a specific claim first.
Probably Boolassus. I don't crumb.
Ok, claiming Chauncey in that case.
Dabuns, let's alpha?
We need 1 more person on the wagon first, but yeah, i'd be down.
hope im not massively ****ing up right now im sorry
You do need to be more quiet lol. If We Thuggin starts pushing you i'm gonna coax him into focusing on AM cause right now we don't need to take risks for town to kill either him or Rake. Keep in mind that NO ONE wants you or nabe dead more than AM or Rake.
nah i dont think thuggin will tbh
Yeah, I can't see him settling for less than AM right now. I'm sad he unvoted before Nabe could get here but W/E. Lucky for us AM has jack **** on Nabe after he claims VT so that'll be easy to kill AM for.
Man, how amazing would it be if I made a VT claim right now? Haha.
im not playing this phase well at all ughhhh
Yeah, oh well :L Right now we just need to convince Thuggin to go for AM first.
if im playing **** i always fall back on apathetic soup townie meta and try and get people to empathize with me because i tend to be very emotional as town
I know, I saw what happened in Fire Emblem ;) Anyway, i'm kind of buying your AtE posts, mostly because of your run on sentences could be a convincing tell of saying what's on your mind with no filters.
nabe we need to alpha
Soup, relax. You're being very anxious. This game is won and has been since the Circus mislynch. We are only going to be sunk by poor play at this juncture, so keep a steady head. I could still readily turn Thug around on his read. And even if I were to be lynched, mislynches would follow hard and fast.

If you want to bet on us having a traitor and alpha, message me back when you see this. I do think it's a good bet, especially considering Joey's increasingly poor stances and how he seems to be ducking the thread a bit after my claim. And now would be the best time for it, before Kary and Rake provide real input. But it's not 100%, and we don't know all of town's roles yet.

Anyway, I'll try to check this every half hour; when you get here, stay here until I'm here, and stay out of the thread, since Marshy is still trying to test for an alpha, not legitimately voting AM.
While I don't think Soup should be looking to Alpha, I think having his vote on AM would help. Nabe, if there is no traitor you're dead toMorrow anyway.
So once we hit L-1, Nabe should be trying to alhpa.
If there's no traitor, then our alpha wouldn't be an alpha, and the attempt would show off the identity of the entire scumteam.

Play to your previous play until any opportunity for an alpha comes up, assuming one does.

Dabuz, you had me as scum in previous Days, and now I've called AM cleared town. It is your job to call that bull****.

If we want to alpha, we should try to make it clear to Joey that that's the case.
Soup, bear in mind that all the townies have to vote me for the lynch to come my way. I understand anxiety, but grab a cup of tea and work through it. At the very least, post in here.
I hate knowing when someone is flat out lying but can't do anything about it :L

Anyway, Joey may indeed not be our traitor so i'm thinking it's time to bus Nabe and play the connections to AM card toMorrow. Gotta kill Marshy toNight before he puzzles this game together.
There is really no need to bus me. An AM reaction to the information that's coming out (Gorf/Thug are NOT masons, and my clear on AM) could very well make him change his mind. And remember that town needs every barrel loaded to lynch me; this is Lylo. A Nabe lynch at this moment makes Soup's defense look like a chainsaw and could very well sink this scumteam.

Stay out of thread if you don't think your persona can keep his finger off the trigger. And if you are going to vote for me, leave it until I'm back to L-2 so that it actually gives you credibility, because right now it looks like a bus and is going to be called as much when Thuggin is looking for scum later in the game.
Dabuns, also remember that Nabe is our Roleblocker. With him dead, it makes Rake look better in light of him revealing a flip. We don't need to just toss this away. There's a lot of frustration and mixed direction going in the thread right now.
I had no choice. Kary and Thuggin' are stuck on the idea of you=Rake. You're completely right that there was no reason to bus you, but in the end I don't think a Rake lynch could have happened. Sorry Nabe.

Rake is going to look better without us being able to Roleblock him.
i honestly shouldn't have hammered but i was working towards making myself look better and trying to play off a frustrated soup-town
Whatever. Win the game.
Marshy is the doctor.
Marshy can't be the doc when we tried to kill him N1. Also Soup, I think you made the right play here. I didn't throw down my vote right away since well, I didn't -want- to bus you Nabe but couldn't continue being the sole person on AM if you did get lynched. With Joey voting you town didn't need everyone on board. Finally, Rake is going to be cleared after your flip probably, which is a problem. I just realized something...if Masq is tracker like he claims and he also couldn't target Marshy, maybe Marshy is NA-proof?
BTW Nabe, who did you RB N1?
By Marshy is the doc then, I actually mean Gorf is the doc. I had forgotten who we targeted for the kill. But my point is, that's why they're playing buddy-buddy, assuming that Gorf is telling the truth about them not being masons. It also explains why they're so tight-lipped.

I hit Raz N1.
GG.

Absolutely terrible. No MVP. Town was way too easy to walk over. We're pretty much done, and I still can't tell who the scum team was.

Nabe was still best lynch because even if you believed Rake was scum, you literally had to believe scum Nabe. If Nabe flipped town, then we were wrong about both Rake and Nabe, so we deserve to lose anyways. I have no idea why people were still trying to push Rake like that wagon was going to happen or something hah.
Was Gorf/ Thuggin BP lovers?
Also, i'm gonna YOLO a doc claim saying I claimed VT to bait out anyone trying to claim doc and so I would be ignored at Night. Reason for protecting Kary being that the past 2 nights relatively quiet slots kept being shot (presumably because N1 I got a successful protect on a player who was active so that may have scared scum)
That's a good call. And no, they were some weird commuter mason role.
Feel free to push me more since if my lynch goes through, you need to not have connections to me.
BTW, you CANNOT die today. You die, Rake uses his NA on one of Gorf/ Thuggin, my claim looks BS, we lose. Only chance we have in that case is I have to NK Rake and hope Masq. doesn't track me again.

Thinking of pushing AM hard today unless the Rake ship looks really easy to sail, also going to lay low until everyone comments on my claim since I don't want to push until i'm not being pushed.
Go ahead and push AM. Rake town-reads me right now and so does Kary so if the Rake lynch doesn't go through as planned, we can get AM toDay. This game is still in our favor and you've made a really strong and believable claim.
OK. BTW, I did figure out a back up plan in case you're lynched which basically secures the game. You die, I claim I will protect Masq. and that he visits one of the 3 other slots, try to direct him to Kary or AM. Kill off Rake, he gets a no result on whoever he visited and by PoE we kill the other. Anyway, gonna work on finding dirt on AM now.
T'was good scumming with you Soup.
GG. Great job Dabuns. It was good being scum with you too. You handled yourself very well this game and your doc claim was spot-on.
I should be thanking you, if you didn't put all that pressure on me Day 2 I wouldn't have played this well. In general your play was pretty much what it needed to be.
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Role PM's]Set-up

1x Town Jailer-Vig (1st time targeting someone=jail; second time=vig)
1x Town Tracker
1x Town Hider Sibling (lifelinked to Watcher; doesn't die if hidden behind scum)
1x Town Watcher Sibling (lifelinked to Hider; automatically watches his brother's target)
1x Town Painter (public reveal coroner)
1x Town Weak Coroner (passive sleepwalker, gets a clue about each person's character automatically)
5x Vanilla Townie

1x Mafia Roleblocker
1x Mafia Janitor (non-consecutive Nights)
1x Mafia Thieving Vanilla Cop (works as a hybrid Thief/Vanilla Cop)

[Collapse=Hey Sokr, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"HOT! OH VERY HOT! You! You're making it too HOT!"

You are Sir Weston, the Chilly Climber, Town Cold Jailer.

Abilities:

Deep Freeze:Each Night, you may target one player with the command Deep Freeze: Player Name. Your target will be encased in ice, preventing them from taking any actions and protecting them from dying. If you target a player with this ability for a second time on any subsequent Night phase, they will die.
Win Condition:

You are town aligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Hey Masquerain, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Ah, the beautiful Melody will not even give me the time of day... What must I do to win her? Passion! Yes! That's it! I will show her I burn for her! My unbridled passion will scorch her soul!"

You are Shivers, the Wandering Butler, Town Tracker.

Abilities:

Track: Each Night, you may target one player with the command Track: Player Name. You will track this player, learning the name of any player they target.

Win Condition:

You are town aligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey we thuggin, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Not bad, mister."

You are Henry, Town Hider.

Abilities:

Twin Brothers (passive): Gorf, Orville, Town Seeker is your sibling. You may communicate privately in a provided conversation at any time. In addition, if either one of you dies, for any reason, the other will die as well.
Hide: Each Night, you may target one player with the command Hide: Player Name. You will hide behind your target, becoming untargetable. However, any actions that affect your target will affect you, dying included.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Gorf, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Not bad, mister."

You are Orville, Town Seeker.

Abilities:

Twin Brothers (passive): we thuggin, Henry, Town Hider is your sibling. You may communicate privately in a provided conversation at any time. In addition, if either one of you dies, for any reason, the other will die as well.
Seek: Each Night, you will automatically look for your sibling, targeting the same player he targets. You will watch this player, learning the name of everyone who visits them that Night phase.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Rake, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Eet eez you, no?"

You are Vincent Van Gore, the Starving Artist, Town Painter.
Abilities:

Paint: During the Night, you may send in the name of a dead player who has had their flip hidden with the command Paint: Player Name. They will have their full flip publicly revealed at the start of the next Day phase.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Circus, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"..."
You are Bogmire, the Cemetery Shadow, Town Weak Coroner.

Abilities:

Fear and Despair: Each Night, you will automatically visit the grave of every player who dies. If such a player has had their flip hidden, you will learn a piece of information relevant to their role/character.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Kary, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Do not wake me! GOOOO AAWAAAAYYY!!!"

You are Sue Pea, the Dozing Girl, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

None.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Aggressive Mediation, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Woof woof woof!"

You are Spooky, the Hungry Guard Dog, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

None.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Friday Townie, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Look at this buffness! I'm huge! How'd you like to be my punching bag, weakling?"

You are Biff Atlas, the Bodybuilder, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

None.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Raziek, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"You want some of this?"

You are Slim Bankshot, the Lonely Poolshark, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

None.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Scary, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Nobody will find me because I'm old, cranky and, by gum, people are afraid of me!"

You are Uncle Grimmly, Hermit of Darkness, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

None.
Win Condition:

[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey Nabe, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Mario? MARIO?! MAAAARIIIOOOO!!!"

You are Luigi, Mafia Roleblocker.

Abilities:

Gaddlight: Each Night, you may target one player with the command Gaddlight: Player Name. Your target will be immobilized in the light of your flashlight and rendered unable to take any actions during that Night phase.
Poltergust 3000: Each Night, you (or another member of the mafia) may target one player with the command Poltergust: Player Name. Your target will be sucked into the vacuum cleaner and removed from the game. This is your factional Night Kill.
Win Condition:

You are mafia aligned and you win when the mafia controls the majority of the town (or nothing can prevent this). Your partners are soup, Professor E. Gadd, Mafia Janitor and dabuz, Madame Clairvoya, the Freaky Fortune Teller, Mafia Thieving Vanilla Cop. You may converse with them at any time in a provided private conversation.
[/Collapse]​
[Collapse=Hey soup, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"I'm getting too old for this ghost-catching tomfoolery."

You are Professor E. Gadd, Mafia Janitor.

Abilities:

Ghost Portrificationizer (passive): Any player that you kill with the Poltergust 3000 will have their flip hidden. This ability cannot take effect on consecutive Nights, as the Ghost Portrificationizer needs time to recharge. If you die, all the hidden flips will be revealed.
Gameboy Horror (passive): You will be told the identity of all ghosts whose flip you hide. In addition, you know that Chauncey, the Spoiled Baby, Melody Pianissima, the Beautiful Pianist, and Boolossus, the Jumbo Ghost are not present in this game.
Poltergust 3000: Each Night, you (or another member of the mafia) may target one player with the command Poltergust: Player Name. Your target will be sucked into the vacuum cleaner and removed from the game. This is your factional Night Kill.

Win Condition:

You are mafia aligned and you win when the mafia controls the majority of the town (or nothing can prevent this). Your partners are Nabe, Luigi, Mafia Roleblocker and dabuz, Madame Clairvoya, the Freaky Fortune Teller, Mafia Thieving Vanilla Cop. You may converse with them at any time in a provided private conversation.
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Hey dabuz, and welcome to Luigi's Mansion Mafia! You are...]

"Destiny chooses our paths..."

You are Madame Clairvoya, the Freaky Fortune Teller, Mafia Thieving Vanilla Cop.

Abilities:

Tell Fortune: Each Night, you may target a player with the command Tell Fortune: Player Name. You will "take" an item from them that gives a clue about their character, and you will use that item to gaze into your crystal ball and find out if their role is Vanilla Townie or not.

Win Condition:

You are mafia aligned and you win when the mafia controls the majority of the town (or nothing can prevent this). Your partners are Nabe, Luigi, Mafia Roleblocker and soup, Professor E. Gadd, Mafia Janitor. You may converse with them at any time in a provided private conversation.
[/Collapse]
[/Collapse]

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I want to say thanks again to Gheb for his huge help with the set-up. He helped me tone down a lot of things that were over-the-top when I made the transition from 17 to 14 players and basically came up with the balance for the set-up that went out. I did deviate a bit though of course ;)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So what did we learn boys and girls?

Lynching without a claim is stupid.
Tunneling or afk voting does town no good.
Just because another variant if a role exists doesn't mean you lynch on it, look at play first and foremost unless it us an open set-up.
Never setup and you or me situation.

Gj scum.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
whoa lets not get carried away buddy

lynching without claims is still completely viable. so is tunneling so long as your target deserves it. mano y mano situations are contingent on gamestate

you trying to preach after an example of these beliefs spinning the wrong way on a double edged sword is misleading

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I said as much in the Green Room, but I'm mostly disappointed in:

- The Frito Lynch
- Lynching Circus over Rake
- People buying Dabuz Doctor with a Jailer in the set-up, and then lynching Rake despite him proving his role.

Scumteam played fantastic though, I have to give them credit where it's due. I had Soup as 100% Town and likely wouldn't have noticed until his D4 scrambling. Dabuz I might have come around on, but he also played a near-lurk playstyle quite well, he was never really on my radar. Nabe I think was in my null pile, because he's Nabe.

Player Specific Comments:

1. Circus - I think you played really damn well, I started Town-reading you as soon as you began posting. I'm disappointed you got lynched, so this is more of a "good **** mah dude" post.

2. Nabe - Good job doing what you do, as usual. Getting a bead on you before D3 is super difficult. :[

3. Rake - Your lack of commitment to the game was painfully obvious. This.... might be the worst I've ever seen you play. I don't think it's a matter of anything you need to specifically improve, you just need to commit to the game. I'm kinda surprised you got lynched AFTER your claim, given that your claim would've been pantsu-on-head ******** from a scum PoV, and you proved your role. Nabe even FLIPPED ROLEBLOCKER, which totally explains why you couldn't prove it the first night, but nobody looked at that for some reason. You also notably were the only one who kinda had a bead on Dabuz towards the end of the day in LyLo, so good job on that.

4. AggroMed - This game seemed to be mostly Ryker from what I perceived? I'm not gonna stand here and berate you, but I really gotta wonder what your plan was some of the time. What was the point of setting up the voting block against Marshy/Gorf and then doing nothing with it? I feel like you got a bit too caught up in set-up speculation. I don't know if you did so this game, but I feel like you should have done what we do when you and I hydra, where you take a minute to step back and look at everything fresh. That would go a long way to combatting your "If you're wrong, you do scum's work FOR them" problem.

5. Sokr - Don't really have anything to say, you got QL'd before I was even really playing.

6. Scary - I remember very little other than you being around and Town. Try to contribute more I guess? It's obviously partially your inexperience, but you sideline a lot, and that will run you into problems if that becomes your meta, because that can very easily be construed as scummy once you have more games under your belt (and thus have your noob card revoked).

7. Raziek - Magic 8-ball, am I gonna get NK'd?

Uh oh.

8. Dabuz - Well played. Gave you most of my comments above.

9. Frito - Not sure why everyone else hated your play so much, but I could tell you guys were Town. These things happen.

10. Kary - I thought you played well up to the point where you got stuck on Rake. You also didn't really push things in any other direction. I honestly think you're a super strong player that has good reads and the potential to swing wagons, but you ought to speak up more.

11. Gorf - Said it in the Green Room, but after seeing your role, I understand your play. I disagree with it, because I think there was a better way to do it that disrupted Town LESS, but I understand it.

12. Marshy - For the first time ever, I actually UNDERSTAND how you think, and it's because I got to watch you figuring things out on Day 3. I still wish you'd co-operate a bit more, but I'm finally wrapping my head around your play-style. I think you could have easily won the game for Town, had Gorf not been NK'd (causing your death).

13. Soup - Fantastic play. Had me totally convinced you were Town. Not much to say that I haven't said already.

14. -Masquerain- - Joooooeeeeeeeey.... DO things. It was super easy to Town-read you, but you didn't really have much impact outside of your tracker results. This is at least partially due to school, as I know through Facebook, but come Day 4/5, you needed to put your big boy pants on and be a voice. Town-reading Dabuz didn't really help, since that meant it felt like you didn't HAVE to do anything, but I want to see you involve yourself more.

Kantrip - Thanks for hosting, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Set-up was interesting and unique, so credit goes to both you and Gheb. Job well-done.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Shoutouts!!!

Marshy: always a pleasure watching you go at it now that I understand your play a little better. When you posted #2028, I was literally screaming at the computer irl.

Sokr: through mislynching you, I learned valuable things on making decisions. It also coincides with what Frito said on not really lynching without a claim or more info. My bad on the hasty lynch and hope to play more in the future.

Frito: I wanted you to live because I just saw you as town. The only thing that gave any doubt were the angry bursts. It can cast the wrong image if you ask me. I thought you were playing excellently.

Joey: shame that you were busy quite a bit through the game but I was thinking you would be able to save the game towards the end with your tracking. Definitely hope to play with ya again.

Gorf: the walrus was strong! Literally the night I died, I finally figured out the reasons for your play and it had me dying. Aside from the one callout burst, watching you play was just hilarious. Would like to see the walrus in action again.

Rake: honestly, when you brought up the other game regarding me, I immediately had you pegged as town. Rereading, you really got put in some lame situations. It made you play tentative compared to that other game. Need to see you body more peeps.

Kary: business mode the whole time. The only shame was not being able to get off of Rake. I still had confidence that you could bring it back in the endgame but scum too strong. Always a pleasure.

Circus: I only wish you would've played a little more of day 1. I thought you were great until we ran into the role issues with Rake. Just like Kary, always a pleasure to see you at work.

Raz: I will work that. I just need to be more confident in reads and put it into words. Mark my words I will get it down. I was sad when you died.

AggroMed: hate to say it but I agree with Raz in what he says. The voting block just didn't make sense to me in early game so I didn't really question it. Next time town got this.

Dabuz: great job man. I really didn't know where to read you and any ideas I had for you to be scum, soup led me off ya. Great job showing town intent in just about everything you did,

Nabe: soup lead me to you and I decided to stick with it. When you pointed Rake out as town though, that threw me for a loop. I decided to stick with you being scum but I was that much more confused when you threw that out. Great game man.

Soup: This guy.......geez. Never had you pegged as scum until I died and went to the green room. Magnificent. You we're legitimately the puppet master this game. Great job man.

Kantrip: very fun setup man. Definitely learned a lot with this for future games as far as possibilities with roles, connections, and such. I had a blast.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's not that the voting block didn't make sense. It definitely did.

We had at least 3 Townies (Myself, AM, Joey, I forgot who else) that didn't want Marshy to be leading the lynch, so it's not as if scum was abusing it.

What didn't make sense is that Ryker set it up and then didn't really make use of it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The initial set-up included a 3-man scumteam of Luigi, E. Gadd, and Toad (a rolecop if I remember correctly), with Madame Clairvoya as a traitor with the passive ability to know the identity of everyone who got jan'd and a one-shot delayed kill (use on N1 they die N4). Circus' role was replaced with a universal back-up, there was a double-voter on the town, and a bulletproof role that died if no one visited it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
whoa lets not get carried away buddy

lynching without claims is still completely viable. so is tunneling so long as your target deserves it. mano y mano situations are contingent on gamestate

you trying to preach after an example of these beliefs spinning the wrong way on a double edged sword is misleading
*Lynches without a claim* *dude flips provable PR*

**** is stupid.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's something you can read from and use.

I would have damn well given Sokr more of a chance instead of quick lynching before 24 hours past the start. No one have Sokr a damn chance and delayed Nk would have been really useful along with protects/blocks.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
*Lynches without a claim* *dude flips provable PR*

**** is stupid.
"-1. claim!"

"im doc! btw i lied about my earlier vt claim!"

"oh this dudes legit let him go"

this happened in an alternate universe. the problem with the sokr lynch isnt not letting him claim but town not letting the day play out more (and even then its d1 in a large so who gives a ****? but im just humoring the argument here). claims are ****ing ******** and just a tool for scum to manipulate town. only good ones youll likely see on this site are masons and vigs

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
"-1. claim!"

"im doc! btw i lied about my earlier vt claim!"

"oh this dudes legit let him go"

this happened in an alternate universe. the problem with the sokr lynch isnt not letting him claim but town not letting the day play out more (and even then its d1 in a large so who gives a ****? but im just humoring the argument here). claims are ****ing ******** and just a tool for scum to manipulate town. only good ones youll likely see on this site are masons and vigs
Then you let happen and see what they claim and see if it matches up with thier play.

Twin let Dabuz off because they didn't do this. Hell this can show you were wrong about a lynch, not just scums tool to screw with you.

It's something both sides can use but it doesn't you throw it out the window to cover both sides.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Shout outs/ comments:

Circus: You were so quiet this game that there isn't much to say. I think you overreacted to AM being too safe about the hidden flips thing but otherwise if your head was more in and up to date with the game I think you had the right mindset to help town.

Nabe: IDK how you managed to lurk and stay alive so easily to Day 4 but good job for doing just that. Not sure how I felt about that lie detector claim instead of a VT but *Shrug*. You were cooperative to be scum with which was nice.

Rake: I think you made the right decision with CCing when you did, it was the setup that hurt town with both you and Circus being a counter to having janitor. Otherwise your actual play was just not too good, I get the impression that your head just wasn't in the game as much as it normally is :L

AM: I've seen you play better than this man. I think you put way too much stock into Nabe crumbing a town PR which pretty much threw you off what should have been an easy track throughout the game. Outside of that your reads just weren't on point until Day 6 on Soup, but at the point I had you pinned with a connection case on Nabe.

Sokr: You got QLed and that sucks, really, IDK why you even got QLed.

Scary: Speak up more, like you have some nice sensible thought processes but you're so quiet that it goes to waste.

Raziek: Same as Scary pretty much, you were a bit more vocal but not enough so.

FT: Both halves played differently so i'll address each half

Ryu: IDK, I think you relied on my meta a bit hard and just got caught in a "TvS" situation with Thuggin for some reason that I thought was silly, but I don't think you really played bad at all. Maybe just try to focus on more than 1 slot since what killed you was a focus on We Thuggin but really, you played fine.

Rajam: Catching up and analyzing is great since you get solid reads out of it and it works for you, but when you're about to be lynched, bringing up very old questions on Rake without much followup is not the way to go.

Kary: Tunnel.JPG No but seriously, the only thing I recall about your play today was tunneling Rake since Day 1 and it's like, you were just an easy Lylo candidate because of that.

We Thuggin: You started this game off weak but as the game progressed your play and reads improved immensely. Gorf (and you) were killed because the scum team realized you were piecing this game together so take pride in that.

Gorf: After reading your role, I think you played your part perfectly. You made it transparent that you were connected to Thuggin somehow yet made it seem like he was the brains behind it and I thought it was either masons or lovers (not doc since then Thuggin wouldn't have reason to reciprocate his town read to you so easily) . The reason you were NKed was because we -needed- WT out of the game and I was banking on you being lovers (flavor knowledge yay) because for some reason WT didn't die N1. I would love to see your QT with Thuggin since it'd be cool to see the thoughts of both mason players and not just WT spewing out what you both decided on.

Soup: Not gonna lie, I thought you screwed me when you had AM searching down my trail hard, but it worked out to make my play in this game (and probably overall) a lot better. I like how are playstyles are so water and oil with each other that it creates some weird dynamic where we could push in completely different manners to be hard to connect and in general give us a lot more room to play town to our advantage. You're also a really easy person to cooperate with.

Masquerain: You need to be more talkative man :L With your role I understand why you were more quiet than usual since it pretty much functions as a weak cop and could win town the game single handidly, but man, you're not normally this content with what's going on in the game, you were so quiet that we thought you were traitor for a couple Days :L

A few other notes for all of town:

WHY QL Sokr? I really don't understand it.

My doc claim was a complete yolo, I basically knew Masq had me red handed but there was no explanation for no death N1 and that was the saving grace I was banking on even with Sokr's jailer claim taken into account since he couldn't have protected anyone. I also knew if we didn't win Day 5 the game was potentially over on We Thuggin/ Gorf getting painted along with Masq. tracks

Rake lynch was silly, with Nabe flipping RB and Scary (or was it Raz?) being painted, combined with no one else claiming, then combined with the ease of his lynch, I feel like someone should have said: "Hey look, Rake scum doesn't make sense."

When both AM and We Thuggin were alive by Day 4, I think someone should have noticed had odd that was.

Finally, town was so divided this game. Like I know mafia is a game about finding who you can and can't trust, but when no one wanted to work together except alignment confirmed lovers, it's gonna be really hard to find scum.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Nabe did great too. He made it all the way to d3 with such a null and lurkish play and he played his cards when he needed to. He pushed that Jerkus lynch and everyone just ate it up.
Just fyi, I highly doubt anything Nabe said aided my lynch at all. Town lynched me because town got stuck on what they perceived to be a CC between me and Rake. If that hadn't happened, I would not have been lynched; you have my word on that.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yo for real though, soup, I said this in the dead QT, but you've been sharpening your scum game up really nicely. I do think you started to crumble once the pressure started coming on Nabe, but you read very town for the first three Days and you played off of dabuz just right on D5. Props.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
1 Then you let happen and see what they claim and see if it matches up with thier play.

2 Twin let Dabuz off because they didn't do this. Hell this can show you were wrong about a lynch, not just scums tool to screw with you.

3 It's something both sides can use but it doesn't you throw it out the window to cover both sides.
1 no cuz scum can tailor their play to their fakeclaim. nabe

2 i dunno wtf youre saying here. who the hell is twin? and no this didnt happen but its an example of something that easily could happen

3 you absolutely do throw it out the window. flush it straight down the toilet while youre at it. towns constant advantages are dayplay and numbers. why mother****ers like to deviate from that is an awful mindset i never want to even begin to understand

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
dabdab i would man but theres some **** i did in the thread that i really dont like publicly speaking about. i know this sounds lame on my part but thats thug life for you

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I've never had more legitimate fun playing this game.

@dabdab and @soup did you really think we were lovers because apparently you guys thought I was doc.

The hider role is what made the play I did work. We were off early on because frito and because I'm awesome. But once nabe scum flipped we thought AM>Soup>Dabuz. Soup your nabe interaction and insistence on me an marshy claiming over just lynching nabe helped give you up. Your play had kinks but it was REALLY smart. Props for sure.

BTW GUYS WHAT DID I SAY ITS A REAL JAILER.

I vote myself for MVP

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I've never had more legitimate fun playing this game.

@dabdab and @soup did you really think we were lovers because apparently you guys thought I was doc.

The hider role is what made the play I did work. We were off early on because frito and because I'm awesome. But once nabe scum flipped we thought AM>Soup>Dabuz. Soup your nabe interaction and insistence on me an marshy claiming over just lynching nabe helped give you up. Your play had kinks but it was REALLY smart. Props for sure.

BTW GUYS WHAT DID I SAY ITS A REAL JAILER.

I vote myself for MVP
Nabe thought you were doc, IDK what Soup thought, I figured you were almost definitely masons (town read each other easily, your reaction to AM calling out how obvious it was you two were talking, my rolecop on you Gorf) but potential lovers because flavor wise the twins are a single boss battle so it'd make that killing one kills the others, combined with my role cop letting me know at that point the only player who -could- be doc is Kary. Specifically I thought you/ Marshy had some sort of shared 1 shot BP.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
dabdab its not bout what i said about who. im pretty open bout what i think about ****** in public. you ever hear of a scumteam not wanting their qt posted for strategic purposes? its along similar lines

also gorf is ****in hilarious. ive played with the likes of os ryker and zen at their most unrestrained but he MIGHT be the wildest ************ ive encountered

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Forgot to comment on the setup.

Right away I have to say this was an extremely momentum based setup. Scum only had 3 PRs but 3 PRs that work well in tandem. Role copping nabs scum a loooooooot of info which let me make a doc claim and strategically pick off or RB people at night.

Role block had 3 ample uses in jailer, tracker, and painter, RBing any of them and especially multiple of them could screw over other player's claims.

Jailer keeping claims hidden was just really nice and well, allowed me to get that doc claim out and make connections hard to get.

However, if any scum died early, a lot of power in manipulating the setup would have been lost leaving Masq's tracker ability to be very threatening.

On the town side of things we see less powerful PRs but game winning PRs in the right scenario.

Masq's tracker without a RB around could be destructive.

Sokr's jailer could essentially nab a free scum and kill them, or at least block them and prevent a lot of manipulative power.

Rake's painter should have been an auto clear for Rake.

WT/ Gorf's hider/ seeker lovers could (and did N1) bait scum PRs to the hider and be used to get two confirmed townies.

The only PR that felt out of place is Circus', which in all honesty seems to make up for the game being 11 town vs. 3 scum since Rake's role worked as basically a CC to what Circus had and could guarantee a lynch.

Edit: Ahhh, I hear ya Marshy, especially since the strategic stuff is exactly what I was interested in lol.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I dont know why i was the only one to question dabuz's doc claim tbh. That made no sense, not only was there a flipped jailer as I pointed out but one thing I forgot to hit on was the timing of his doc claim. Assuming a 4 v 2 for town, the town doc loses way more than he gains by claiming in that situation IMO. I'll agree i wasn't as focused as other games, but I will say im not to sad about losing this one really as I didn't earn or win and nor did town. If i woulda stuck to my reads more i think we could've lynched nabe the day of circus and dabuz immediately following as I remember nabe and him having very odd interactions. Not to mentio nthe whole vt town points grab soup smi bussed him with. :/

today was actually the third time town had lynched all but confirmed townie. Ryu d2 i think and his mega townie reaction to it, Circus and his claim which i didnt stop when I was already having serious doubts the more it was dicussed, and today after seeing a flipped RB and a painted raz, not to mention i copuldnt have possibly had the ability to only Jan one person as soup floated out because both Gorf and marshy were hidden -.-. I"m not saying my play should have been excused because it wasn't as top tier as it coulda been, but town really did have blinders on in key moments of the game, something I was guilty of too.

I slightly remember asking myself why soup chose to drop off dabuz when his push seemed to end unresloved as it did but i never carried it anywhere which sucked because of course, I got balled by soup scum and town read him.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Also i'm not sure as i haven't read the PM's, but maybe the fact that Circus' ability was a passive made it not blockable except via freezing ?

Otherwise I'm still not sure what purpose his role had really. :/

Top Bottom