• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No. I've been transparent about my reads and targets and ability this whole game, and you're only throwing a *****fit because after the Circus lynch, I'm checking the result I assumed I had on you through my result on Gorf. I treated you as a clear because of the assumption of private communication with Gorf. I am not reneging on anything I've said this game.

A mod only puts a lie detector into a setup by consciously not putting in a cop. And then to preserve their copless setup, the mod gives scum the role power to punish the lie detector for trying to turn their role into a cop. You would have had me play by asking everyone if they were scum, and that would have been the bad play.

What I did do is play like a brick. This allowed me to survive three Night phases and deliver three results, because as a scumspect for several players I wasn't a threat. I can understand having been upset about my play at the time, but go back now and look at my ****ing posts. I made my targets obvious at every opportunity, so that upon dying it would be obvious who I chose and what I had learned about their alignments. I asked exactly three people explicitly whether they were scum, and on different days to keep it from looking like a pattern. I made damn sure that Frito and Circus claimed their roles in full, to be checked in event of town ****ing out on the lynch. I made this role work.

My Night 3 result was on AM's claim. It came back true.
I don't understand how you're placing your trust on the guy who has been set on you all day. Doesn't thuggin's lack of claim concern you? I don't know why marshy (let alone any townie) wouldn't just confirm or deny you. It's an uneeded inconvenience and he keeps shouting to get you lynched, but I guess I could that he's also shouting to AM lynched too.

#HBC | ѕoup

i can claim. i just choose not to cuz it wouldnt help town

were 55 pages into the game and the best youve got is that i dont wanna claim. are you for real right now?

well marshy if you claimed you would be confirming or denying nabe's claim do you see the problem here you're intentionally not claiming cause it makes nabe look better gnomesayin

#HBC | ѕoup

marshy ill strike a deal with you ill let you have my vote for this phase if you claim scout's honor

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'd like more information to be out on the table before we decide on a lynch. We have quite a bit of time, so we might as well be using it. Especially since this could very well be lylo and we're still missing opinions on recent events from players such as Rake and Soup.

Who is in your lynch pool as of now?

My Night 3 result was on AM's claim. It came back true.
Ew. That means you're making the assertion that AM, Rake, and yourself are town. Three of the grossest slots in this game. In general your role being able to lie detect ASSUMPTIONS is pretty ridiculous too.

Also, if you really are a lie detector, that means the scum team has to be We Thuggin, Gorf, and one of Soup/ Kary/ Joey, or those last 3 and not Thuggin + Gorf.

Thuggin, AM scum flip is basically conclusive of Nabe scum, don't you agree? Nabe scum flip isn't as conclusive IMO.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok. I am caught up. I completely fail to see how I am the play here. Please get the **** out of town.

I seriously do not like how AM seems to be against lynching Nabe toDay, even though they're scumreading him. I also dislike they way they were like 'no but for real marshy is scum'. Anyways, maybe they can clear that up for me when they get here.

I also have problems with thuggin right now. First, I don't like the way they switched off of AM the moment I suggested we should be lynching Nabe. The second thing is I don't understand why they're really so against claiming here, especially after Joey's claim. I feel like I haven't seen any good reason for not claiming.

Finally, I'm completely fine with Nabe dying. His play still reads like scum to me, and I have a hard time believing his claim, as well, especially with all the people it clears.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't think i'm going to vote until i've finished processing Joey's claim and a few other things. Very confident in Nabe scum but I feel like i'm missing something bigger.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
my pool is Nabe/Thuggin'

I will not lynch outside of these two. I will not lynch until Rake posts, either.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So the conclusion here is that lynching Nabe regardless of alignment is beneficial to town because me, rake, AND aggro are cleared if he's town and if he's scum WOOHOO WE LYNCHED SCUM YES!!!

Can we lynch Nabe now?

#HBC | Gorf

And no I don't wanna hear "THERE MIGHT NOT BE A TOMORROW OMG," if this was lylo the game would have either already ended seeing how AM got to L-2 and how Nabe got to L-3, or we just so happened to put two scummies to alpha strike position, in which case LET'S FRIGGIN LYNCH NABE GEEZ.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
And no I don't wanna hear "THERE MIGHT NOT BE A TOMORROW OMG," if this was lylo the game would have either already ended seeing how AM got to L-2 and how Nabe got to L-3, or we just so happened to put two scummies to alpha strike position, in which case LET'S FRIGGIN LYNCH NABE GEEZ.
Wow. I thought I was a bad player.

#HBC | ѕoup

Scum can't just be here at the same exact time to alpha.Who's to say that scum wasn't already voting AM or Nabe? The alpha argument is ****ing stupid.

#HBC | Gorf

Any scum team that sees a townie having two or three votes on em would jump for the chance to strike on it and would try their best to calculate it. Aggro or Nabe have been in alpha reach assuming 4 man team for essentially this whole phase. If were at lylo I'm more than willing to accept defeat if Nabes town. Obviously since you two are doing NOTHING to help this game progress, I assume you're on the same boat. If were not in lylo, a nabe lynch yields the most info. If you don't want to lynch him yet, okay. But tell me why I'm wrong in anything I've said. You guys have no reason to think 4 man team. This is a 14 man game, and seeing how towns flipped PRs and assumed PRs have been relatively weak, I'm way more open to bank on 3 scum or 3 mad 1 indy. If I'm wrong I've just been very wrong all game and I'll move on after the game ends.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's not even about a 4 man team, it's just how I feel about everything. Gorf, are you in a masonry with thuggin'?

#HBC | Gorf

How you feel about everything dictates you thinking were in lylo. Am I interpreting that right? If not correct me please. If so, then what's your bright idea to combat this post apocalyptic lylo were in?

I am not in a masonry with thuggin.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That logic is so crappy. "The scum team didn't lynch them. Therefore they have to be scum!"

Are you kidding? You better not be telling me how to scum hunt post game if you're going to try to pull **** like this and act like it's a half decent reason to lynch someone at this point. Even if it works, there are so many things that can go completely wrong through this. Completely idiotic.

#HBC | ѕoup

Doesn't that confirm that Nabe was lying from your perspective? That could have helped me in my situation because I was weighing on trusting his claim and you being possibly masons. Still, it doesn't really do anything besides me having to figure out if I want to trust you or Nabe. I'll have to think on that.

#HBC | Gorf

@Joey that's not what I said. I said I'm confident that we're not in lylo. We gain the most info from Nabe's lynch. His play is scummy, and that sure helps me in my own personal reasoning to lynch em. But mostly, that information is crucial to winning this game if we have a hope of winning. I'll repeat: If he's town, Rake, AM and I are clear. If he's scum, WE LYNCHED A SCUMMY WOOHOO. It's as simple as that.

@Soup no it doesn't. Nabe's claim was that he got a truthful result of thuggin saying that I'm town. That can mean anything from thuggin being truthful in him thinking I'm town (a.k.a red herring, gee I've never seen a mod do that before) to thuggin being scum and knowing that I'm town (which is a reach from the mod) to the mod just straight up confirming to Nabe that I'm town. The fact is, I don't know if I believe Nabe's claim at all and am willing to lynch him to find out whether or not I do.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Right, so the bolded is what I actually checked Night 2. It came back true, which can lead to one of two possibilities -- Marshy is town and knows Gorf is town, or Marshy is scum and knows Gorf is town. Since these correspond directly to whether or not the pair of you have private communication, I want an admission or denial of the private communication to determine which is which before Gorf gets into the thread. I do not want a role claim, just affirmation of the facts.
To quote specifically...

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm not disagreeing with the information part. I'm saying your reasoning for thinking we're not in lylo is total ****. Sorry for poorly wording my post.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vote: Nabe

I re-read your post.

You're right. We deserve to lose if this is lylo. Especially if either you or Thuggin' are town.

I'm out.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Nabe [3] - we thuggin, Gorf, Masquerain
Aggressive Mediation [1] - dabuz
Kary [1] - Nabe

Rake [0]
dabuz [0]
we thuggin [0]
Gorf [0]
soup [0]
Masquerain [0]

Not Voting: Rake, AM, dabuz, Kary, soup

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline has been set for 11:59pm CST on Dec 20th.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe's claim was that he got a truthful result of thuggin saying that I'm town. That can mean anything from thuggin being truthful in him thinking I'm town (a.k.a red herring, gee I've never seen a mod do that before)
For the record, this is objectively impossible via the limitations of my role.

Thuggin's alignment isn't in any way confirmed to you?

#HBC | Gorf

How is it objectively impossible? Thuggin said I'm town. Townies have said that about people they have had a town read for in the past. If your claim is that you get a lie detector result from what the person says, well, for all you know that can be the honest truth of what his opinion is, therefore it becomes a red herring, nullifying the use of your role with something like that. Unless of course I'm wrong and you basically just snip a statement that somebody says and present it to the mod for verification that said statement is true or false, in which case I'm simply confirmed town to you.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Like I said in my claim, when I check a statement that the mod could not know to be true from the player's perspective, I get back a result that's essentially "I don't know". If Marshy is town, and doesn't have mod-confirmation of your alignment in some way, then by my result he is mafia, and knows objectively that you are not mafia and thus town.

#HBC | ѕoup

@Soup no it doesn't. Nabe's claim was that he got a truthful result of thuggin saying that I'm town. That can mean anything from thuggin being truthful in him thinking I'm town (a.k.a red herring, gee I've never seen a mod do that before) to thuggin being scum and knowing that I'm town (which is a reach from the mod) to the mod just straight up confirming to Nabe that I'm town. The fact is, I don't know if I believe Nabe's claim at all and am willing to lynch him to find out whether or not I do.

That changes things for me because I was leading on the insight that he had confirmed you two being in a masonry, which is what was essentially my reason to suspect marshy in the first place, thinking he didn't deny Nabe's original claim purposefully. That being said, there are still things bothering me about him, mostly his constant flopping on Nabe/AM all phase. That isn't enough to warrant a vote over either, but I get the feeling that everyone is trying to assume that there isn't a 4-man and that's why we're going ahead and lynching Nabe. While that might not be the case, I don't want to risk lynching another townie and playing the game like this will only end up like disaster. Maybe I'm a bit naive for trusting Nabe, but a lot of his actions match up to me with his claim. I came into this phase thinking Nabe would be the best lynch too, but looking at different perspectives I've begun to doubt that. That's not only thing I've been doubting, and I feel that Rake is simply not here enough and doing absolute horse****, and as much as I want to still town-read him, he makes it very, very hard.

Top Bottom