• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
what the **** are you even talking about soup? why would i bus aggro in this scenario instead of lynching/bussing rake? and how are you thinking about the lack of alpha when me and gorf dropped our votes like 20 minutes ago

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
what the **** are you even talking about soup? why would i bus aggro in this scenario instead of lynching/bussing rake? and how are you thinking about the lack of alpha when me and gorf dropped our votes like 20 minutes ago
there's a possibly of you/gorf being scum but you've been interacting weirdly with aggro all game and it doesn't set me right like even now he's telling me to just vote him but you haven't even really weighed on rake until you also think he is scum and if that's true then why the **** aren't you voting him like the way you two operate is weird i dont get why aggro isn't voting you and is instead set on rake you obviously don't like each other

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yes because massclaims deliberately hand scum our PRs on a silver platter, that's totally why we do them in every closed set-up ever. While I feel confident in being able to PoE the rest of the Yroster down right now, I want the claims on the table to be a resource in that. Just because we have our lynches "lined up" (read: we don't, as it changes based on every flip).
Don't give me cheek. Give me a reason why you need this extra information toDay.

Because we both found his play grimy and opportunistic. We did vote thuggin first but for a moment he played townie enough to cause us to want to vote Circus instead. Then the counterclaim situation happened and of the two, Circus' claim felt weaker and hell of a lot more like a safeclaim rather than actual claim. Trying to fault us for that counterclaim in hindsight of a townflip is a really ****ty point to make. Look at the claims objectively and tell me which of the two seem more likely.
His play was not grimy, and it was not opportunistic. Guy that doesn't turn up for the Sokr waggon, opportunistic? Are you high?

And let's talk about the claims. Did you stop to think why Circus would claim a weaker role, as scum? Why even would a weaker role be more likely to be a safe claim?
I look at those claims, and I can tell you that Rake claimed pretty much as far from Circus' role as he could while still counter-claiming. Fishy much? Then there's the fact that Rake's ability targets a player, even though you would always investigate whoever it was who died.

I don't care that I'm pointing this out after the fact. I did my goddamn best to point it out yesterDay and you just ignored it.

Maybe you're just staggeringly bad at mafia.

Don't give me cheek. Give me a reason why you need this extra information toDay.
This decision is BY FAR the most important one in the game. It decides if town loses or if town can win. It basically hands us three scum if Rake/Marshy/Gorf are found out. I have the fourth one down to two.

His play was not grimy, and it was not opportunistic. Guy that doesn't turn up for the Sokr waggon, opportunistic? Are you high?

And let's talk about the claims. Did you stop to think why Circus would claim a weaker role, as scum? Why even would a weaker role be more likely to be a safe claim?
I look at those claims, and I can tell you that Rake claimed pretty much as far from Circus' role as he could while still counter-claiming. Fishy much? Then there's the fact that Rake's ability targets a player, even though you would always investigate whoever it was who died.

I don't care that I'm pointing this out after the fact. I did my goddamn best to point it out yesterDay and you just ignored it.

Maybe you're just staggeringly bad at mafia.
I disagree. His play was grimy and opportunistic. He doesn't show up for the Sokr wagon, but he does show up immediately afterward to condemn someone on it. Are YOU high?

I highly doubt that scum have safeclaims in a game with VTs. They are rarely given them in such circumstances. And the reason I would claim a weaker version is to go with my Slim Bank shot crumb.

And given the situation, I would do it again. Rake's claim literally leaves him boned today. Circus died for it, but now we have him with no escape. It wasn't LyLo, conceivably and I will ALWAYS go with my read over the rest of the game.

Popular opinion is to hate on me. I really don't care. Continue insulting me if it makes it easier to not hate voting with me.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
there's a possibly of you/gorf being scum but you've been interacting weirdly with aggro all game and it doesn't set me right like even now he's telling me to just vote him but you haven't even really weighed on rake until you also think he is scum and if that's true then why the **** aren't you voting him like the way you two operate is weird i dont get why aggro isn't voting you and is instead set on rake you obviously don't like each other
im not weighing in on rake until the scumteam either alphas us or nabe posts

yo btw aggro i apologize in advance if i am wrong on you and lose us this thing. i enjoyed playing with yall regardless

#HBC | ѕoup

kary doesn't like rake
aggro doesn't like rake
i like rake
dabuz = ????
nabe has been hard-defending rake all goddamn day

thuggin doesn't like aggro/possibly rake
aggro doesn't like thuggin
kary doesn't like aggro
dabuz doesn't like aggro (iirc)
gorf doesn't like aggro

i don't like nabe
kary doesn't like nabe
dabuz doesn't like nabe
gorf doesn't like nabe
aggro doesn't like nabe
thuggin' doesn't like nabe

why don't we just vote nabe

How was it not? Not showing up for a wagon because he missed the PM saying the day started means jack ****.

Because it happens all the gogdamn time. Claim some nebulous piece of **** role that scum can mildly get away with proving and it works perfectly. It didn't even target (to my knowledge) so there was no way a tracker could prove it and as Circus said, it's all stuff a jan should know. That sounds like such a typical easy safeclaim for scum to make that somehow was right here.

You ever stop and think for a moment there's a reason we're saying lynch Rake now?

#HBC | ѕoup

so what kind of claim are you banking on right now because if he claims vt then lol

kary doesn't like rake
aggro doesn't like rake
i like rake
dabuz = ????
nabe has been hard-defending rake all goddamn day

thuggin doesn't like aggro/possibly rake
aggro doesn't like thuggin
kary doesn't like aggro
dabuz doesn't like aggro (iirc)
gorf doesn't like aggro

i don't like nabe
kary doesn't like nabe
dabuz doesn't like nabe
gorf doesn't like nabe
aggro doesn't like nabe
thuggin' doesn't like nabe

why don't we just vote nabe
Because, you could be scum. Because being wrong on Nabe is a loss. Because, if I don't get alpha'd. We have guaranteed scum in either myself or Thuggin+Gorf. Because Rake counterclaimed and Circus flipped town.

Because lynching Nabe is stupid and considering it before he posts is stupider.

#HBC | ѕoup

Because, you could be scum. Because being wrong on Nabe is a loss. Because, if I don't get alpha'd. We have guaranteed scum in either myself or Thuggin+Gorf. Because Rake counterclaimed and Circus flipped town.

Because lynching Nabe is stupid and considering it before he posts is stupider.

You're willing to risk a loss on Rake though?

Risk a loss. On a claim. That directly contradicts a town flip. That is missing the promised proof.

That's not risking a loss. That's getting to tomorrow.

Lynching the PR hinting guy before he posts is risking a loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My other head asks a DAMN good question at this point.

#HBC | ѕoup

why are you settling right now, soup?

I'm just as interested in Nabe's claim as you are, but I don't see how his changes anything. It's why I asked you why his claim is so important, because even if he is scum he wouldn't come in here without a plan. His whole play has been systematic, and I'm not sure why it decides anything for you. I don't know why you can't gauge him right now instead of pretending like you have a reason to sit on this. You've stated that one of Me/Nabe is scum. What's the basis on this?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This decision is BY FAR the most important one in the game. It decides if town loses or if town can win. It basically hands us three scum if Rake/Marshy/Gorf are found out. I have the fourth one down to two.
So you think it's Lylo. Ok.

I disagree. His play was grimy and opportunistic. He doesn't show up for the Sokr wagon, but he does show up immediately afterward to condemn someone on it. Are YOU high?
What sort of scummer turns up late to a lynch and then gets mad that it happened? Please.

I highly doubt that scum have safeclaims in a game with VTs. They are rarely given them in such circumstances. And the reason I would claim a weaker version is to go with my Slim Bank shot crumb.

baseless mod meta. also the assumption that the scumteam is bad at making up claims.

And given the situation, I would do it again. Rake's claim literally leaves him boned today. Circus died for it, but now we have him with no escape. It wasn't LyLo, conceivably and I will ALWAYS go with my read over the rest of the game.
Well it's nice to know you don't learn from your mistakes. Just as an aside, if there's no escape for Rake toDay, we don't need massclaim. Can't have it both ways.

Popular opinion is to hate on me. I really don't care. Continue insulting me if it makes it easier to not hate voting with me.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not hating on you. I'm just disappointed, I expected better.

Because his claim may or may not change things. He's been hinting at a PR the entire game and has mentioned clears and dead-to-rights knowledge of a player's alignment. He could be lying, but what he claims needs to be checked entirely with how he played and I'll be damned to lynch him before I at least hear it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
im as confident in gorf being town as i was in scary being town. there is absolutely 0% of that dude being scum and i will stop modding this room if he is. you gotta understand that im not just ignoring him cuz our reads align. ive been paying attention to him but i just know homies town so im not wasting my time worrying about him. see half life consequences where i pretty much just attached my vote to him for like 80% of the game til like d4 lmao. hes town cuz hes been pushing good directions all game and has gone out of his way to slap some sense into *****s losing their minds at various times. gorf is pretty much what macman was to my slot in the wall or what omni was to me in *** effect. i sense synergy and cling onto that for a read

you know im not just writing him off as "oh he agrees with me so he can be town" like i did with soup in deadpool cuz nabe is high priority for me as well and hes been riding my coattails all game. i feel hes much likelier tove been buttering me up throughout the game
I like the bargaining. If he's scum you buy me dinner?

Because his claim may or may not change things. He's been hinting at a PR the entire game and has mentioned clears and dead-to-rights knowledge of a player's alignment. He could be lying, but what he claims needs to be checked entirely with how he played and I'll be damned to lynch him before I at least hear it.
my bad other head

#HBC | ѕoup

soups weirding me out right now. confused as to why hes questioning aggro so much when just yesterday he was talking about how he wanted nothing to do with me/aggro

This was with the mindset that Jerkus was scum. That isn't the case and I can't ignore you two, as much I want. You both are a crapshoot to ****ing read but I can't pretend that I'm going to be ignorant about you two. I think one of you is scum, and I want to be certain before I make a call.

#HBC | ѕoup

So would you be willing to lynch Nabe over Rake if you don't like his claim?

What sort of scummer turns up late to a lynch and then gets mad that it happened? Please.

baseless mod meta. also the assumption that the scumteam is bad at making up claims.

Well it's nice to know you don't learn from your mistakes. Just as an aside, if there's no escape for Rake toDay, we don't need massclaim. Can't have it both ways.

I'm not hating on you. I'm just disappointed, I expected better.
See: WT last twilight or the one before that. Scummers move to set things up in Twilight so they can influence the night phase and start of the day phase. So do townies. However, townies typically don't do so with a backdoor like Circus did with his "I just don't want you leading town." New question: do you think this is relevant?

Don't understand where you're going here. You asked why not: my job is to point out a plausible reason, not correctly gauge the set-up necessarily. It is definitely possible that they don't have safe claims outside of characters and that a scum Circus did not think there was a Coroner. THAT role is uncommon (unlike Janitor).

Sure I can. By the end of this Day Phase, I intend to have me vs. Marshy sorted out so scum doesn't kill someone who disagrees and makes their job easier or kills a PR before they get their information out. I want to make this MOST IMPORTANT DECISION today. However, I will fight to lynch Rake first regardless.

Fair enough. I expected better out of Circus.

#HBC | ѕoup

Never. Not willing to lynch anyone over Rake. Will only hammer a Gorf or WT wagon if there is no other way. No one else is on the board. AT ALL.

then bloody ****ing hell just shut up about 'waiting on nabe's claim' if youre dead set on this why are you even posting

Mass claim could easily decide my 4th scummer. Nabe is the claim that means the most that we know of. I have every intention of talking out the entire game in the event that we are not lynching me.

If you are willing to pin the game on me, then ante up. Means I can sit back and see what happens.

#HBC | ѕoup

And this doesn't answer mine.

THERE IS MORE TO A PLAYER THAN JUST THEIR CLAIM. RAKE'S PLAY UP UNTIL HIS CLAIM WAS DOG**** BUT I CANNOT FATHOM RAKE THINKING IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO CLAIM THE WAY HE DID AS SCUM. HE IS NOT THAT CONFIDENT AND YOU KNOW THIS. YOU WERE TRYING TO SAY TO ME 'WELL IF I DID IT OR THUGGIN DID IT' AND IT'S NOT RELEVANT HERE BECAUSE RAKE IS THE ONE WHO DID IT. YES, I AM RELYING ON SOME META, AND YES, I THINK THAT HAVING TWO ROLES LIKE THAT IS ****ING ******** BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF THIS ISN'T SWF MAFIA AND THERE AREN'T WACKY-ASS SETUP DECISIONS SOMETIMES. I CANNOT SAY TO MYSELF WITH CONFIDENCE THAT IT CAN'T EXIST BECAUSE AS SAID BEFORE, I THOUGHT CIRCUS WAS GOING TO FLIP SCUM. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR ME.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
See: WT last twilight or the one before that. Scummers move to set things up in Twilight so they can influence the night phase and start of the day phase. So do townies. However, townies typically don't do so with a backdoor like Circus did with his "I just don't want you leading town." New question: do you think this is relevant?
Except Circus wasn't even on the waggon. So it's completely different. And he didn't even follow it up the next Day.

Don't understand where you're going here. You asked why not: my job is to point out a plausible reason, not correctly gauge the set-up necessarily. It is definitely possible that they don't have safe claims outside of characters and that a scum Circus did not think there was a Coroner. THAT role is uncommon (unlike Janitor).

Sure I can. By the end of this Day Phase, I intend to have me vs. Marshy sorted out so scum doesn't kill someone who disagrees and makes their job easier or kills a PR before they get their information out. I want to make this MOST IMPORTANT DECISION today. However, I will fight to lynch Rake first regardless.

Fair enough. I expected better out of Circus.
Yeah, blame the guy you mislynched. #pro

Tired of talking to you.

Top Bottom