• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Nabe talk now.

We massclaim today.

We lynch Rake today.

We lynch Thuggin tomorrow.

Any questions?
yeah. why do you want a massclaim when you have your lynches lined up? If you already know who you need to lynch why give more information to scum. for reals.

Oh, and why Circus yesterDay. WHY. I mean you said yourself you wanted thuggin, nabe rake if FT flipped town. You have this counterclaim situation and you let Rake walk again, for what? Because you've got to meet your OMGUS quota? I don't even.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Welp, this game. We have Rake with an unproven claim.

I'm Chauncey, the Spoiled Baby, Vanilla Townie.

We Thuggin, unvote. If there are 4 scum, all scum needs is one townie misvoting to alpha and end the game.
dabuz, what is this. AM says jump and you're up in the air already? You've been on 3 mislynches back to back. Who do you think is scum here?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
dabuz, what is this. AM says jump and you're up in the air already? You've been on 3 mislynches back to back. Who do you think is scum here?
*Shrugs* Right now my head is stuck between AM and Rake, going back through the thread right now combing for anything I missed that's important. BTW, I wasn't on the Sokr wagon Day 1.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
It's potentially lylo is why I claimed. You really should unvote though for the sake of preventing the possibility of an Alpha :C We shouldn't be voting until we're ready to lynch.
potential lylo isnt a reason to claim. and im not unvoting cuz some ***** wants to play like a sissy. that just gives scum more time to manipulate you

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nabe talk now.

We massclaim today.

We lynch Rake today.

We lynch Thuggin tomorrow.

Any questions?
What does ScumRake gain by claiming in the manner he did yesterday? Do you seriously think Rake would risk such a claim, regardless if he was on the line? It didn't seem you believed Circus either way and I don't think that even if rake didn't claim, you would still be up to lynching circus. While we're at it, why does Rake gain priority over Thuggin'/Nabe?

yeah. why do you want a massclaim when you have your lynches lined up? If you already know who you need to lynch why give more information to scum. for reals.
Yes because massclaims deliberately hand scum our PRs on a silver platter, that's totally why we do them in every closed set-up ever. While I feel confident in being able to PoE the rest of the roster down right now, I want the claims on the table to be a resource in that. Just because we have our lynches "lined up" (read: we don't, as it changes based on every flip).

Oh, and why Circus yesterDay. WHY. I mean you said yourself you wanted thuggin, nabe rake if FT flipped town. You have this counterclaim situation and you let Rake walk again, for what? Because you've got to meet your OMGUS quota? I don't even.
Because we both found his play grimy and opportunistic. We did vote thuggin first but for a moment he played townie enough to cause us to want to vote Circus instead. Then the counterclaim situation happened and of the two, Circus' claim felt weaker and hell of a lot more like a safeclaim rather than actual claim. Trying to fault us for that counterclaim in hindsight of a townflip is a really ****ty point to make. Look at the claims objectively and tell me which of the two seem more likely.

#HBC | ѕoup

if it was anyone but marshy making that vote in possible lylo i would be banking it on being too ****ing ballsy as scum but **** knows aggromed trying to still push rake out of the gate is bad

#HBC | ѕoup

kary you were talking to me last phase about still thinking Rake/Nabe is scum but do you have an idea on a third or does that even stand at all for you?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
thuggin, talk to me about Gorf.

Is there any chance that he is scum? In many ways I feel like you could be scum and he town, him having simply misread you. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened to someone. But if you are town (which I could see), then can the opposite be true? Is he just following you for as long as it's convenient for him to do, as scum? It's not as if he has shown a lot of initiative. Why is he town? Please just level with me here, I don't want to read a paragraph of '******* represent baller #yolo'

What does ScumRake gain by claiming in the manner he did yesterday? Do you seriously think Rake would risk such a claim, regardless if he was on the line? It didn't seem you believed Circus either way and I don't think that even if rake didn't claim, you would still be up to lynching circus. While we're at it, why does Rake gain priority over Thuggin'/Nabe?
Counterclaim. You said it yourself: do you honestly believe that both Rake's role and Nabe's role exist in this game simultaneously? Remember that Rake himself did counterclaim, even if his actual claim came first. Circus was hinting at it long before Rake ever outright claimed it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Counterclaim. You said it yourself: do you honestly believe that both Rake's role and Nabe's role exist in this game simultaneously? Remember that Rake himself did counterclaim, even if his actual claim came first. Circus was hinting at it long before Rake ever outright claimed it.
It looks bad on paper but the way it went down screams townie to me. Rake wasn't provoked into a claim, and unless he seriously thought he was going to die (which nothing suggests at that moment), he had no reason to claim in the way he did. What I thought before isn't what I think now, and I want to hold to my original stance on Rake. I simply believe such a risky move is out of his skill level for two, there are more worthwhile things to look at. Do you think Kary is town for agreeing with you on Rake?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
kary you were talking to me last phase about still thinking Rake/Nabe is scum but do you have an idea on a third or does that even stand at all for you?
I'm still looking at thuggin/aggromed. I mean look at those two and tell me it's all sweet and clean there. we thuggin on FT was bad, just so bad, and I don't know why they would push that with such furor when really there was 2-3 slots that all could have died. And AM has been idly waiting in the wings until this Circus schtick yesterDay (where they seem to lack any sort of common sense). Hell, AM got flack in the pre-game for more or less being straight-up anti-town. I can't sit here and say there's been any point where either slot has really delivered and offered me something I could get behind. And it's just been cat and mouse between them, always the call-outs, always on the same waggons. If that doesn't hide a scummer they're both awful and my scumdar is broken and I don't know which is worse.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Vote: Aggro

Rake isn't getting lynched until somebody proves the statistic impossibility of there being a roleblocker. Aggro gets lynched toDay because, as a wise man once said, there is at least one scum in the aggressively thuggin circle jerk.

Mass claiming is also very much off the table. If you guys want to go ahead and claim be my guest, but I doubt you even know why you are.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

Noteworthy post.

Sets up Circus->AM. Did you see how hard WT went on us as soon as Circus's lynch was secured? He's come out the gate voting us. He's admitted he noticed that Rake's role didn't come up. Still hasn't commented on Rake. He didn't even pause to consider Circus scum despite the fact he was on the wagon. He even defended it being possible that Rake's role and Circus's could coexist. Don't give it to him.

It looks bad on paper but the way it went down screams townie to me. Rake wasn't provoked into a claim, and unless he seriously thought he was going to die (which nothing suggests at that moment), he had no reason to claim in the way he did. What I thought before isn't what I think now, and I want to hold to my original stance on Rake. I simply believe such a risky move is out of his skill level for two, there are more worthwhile things to look at. Do you think Kary is town for agreeing with you on Rake?
Is it out of WT's skill level? Is it out of my skill level? Do you think it is possible that one of us isn't scum?

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
thuggin, talk to me about Gorf.

Is there any chance that he is scum? In many ways I feel like you could be scum and he town, him having simply misread you. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened to someone. But if you are town (which I could see), then can the opposite be true? Is he just following you for as long as it's convenient for him to do, as scum? It's not as if he has shown a lot of initiative. Why is he town? Please just level with me here, I don't want to read a paragraph of '*****es represent baller #yolo'
im as confident in gorf being town as i was in scary being town. there is absolutely 0% of that dude being scum and i will stop modding this room if he is. you gotta understand that im not just ignoring him cuz our reads align. ive been paying attention to him but i just know homies town so im not wasting my time worrying about him. see half life consequences where i pretty much just attached my vote to him for like 80% of the game til like d4 lmao. hes town cuz hes been pushing good directions all game and has gone out of his way to slap some sense into ****** losing their minds at various times. gorf is pretty much what macman was to my slot in the wall or what omni was to me in ass effect. i sense synergy and cling onto that for a read

you know im not just writing him off as "oh he agrees with me so he can be town" like i did with soup in deadpool cuz nabe is high priority for me as well and hes been riding my coattails all game. i feel hes much likelier tove been buttering me up throughout the game

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm still looking at thuggin/aggromed. I mean look at those two and tell me it's all sweet and clean there. we thuggin on FT was bad, just so bad, and I don't know why they would push that with such furor when really there was 2-3 slots that all could have died. And AM has been idly waiting in the wings until this Circus schtick yesterDay (where they seem to lack any sort of common sense). Hell, AM got flack in the pre-game for more or less being straight-up anti-town. I can't sit here and say there's been any point where either slot has really delivered and offered me something I could get behind. And it's just been cat and mouse between them, always the call-outs, always on the same waggons. If that doesn't hide a scummer they're both awful and my scumdar is broken and I don't know which is worse.

I wanna read into this more before I give you an answer. I was typing something up about how I definitely think one of them is scum, or possibly both, but I don't recall much and in my head I get the feeling that they're constantly fighting each-other but they never draw blood. Thuggin' always seems to get sidelined with another lynch and Aggro is the same case too. It's very obvious they don't like each other, so I don't understand why both of them are standing right now in this possible LyLo. I'm kind of out of it at the moment so I apologize if this seems a bit scatterbrained.

Rake, WT, Gorf, one of Soup/Nabe.

That's the scum team, by the way. Now it is simply a matter of not getting lynched and solving for that last one.

A) I'm glad you understood I meant Circus' and not Nabe's role. Apparently english is really hard for me right now because I also left off half of the first part of my response to Kary in the post above. Whoops.

B) Weigh his play--his entire play--with how he played in KvK as town's only PR. I see a similarity in that his thread presence is completely absent in both games but in KvK, when he was there, he said a lot more than he's saying here. I remember far many more large walls explaining his point of view and plenty of him actually explaining his point of view. All I remember of him here is "i'm not scum i just played bad". I don't remember anything significant he's done outside of that CC to the point where I don't trust it. Saying "do you think he'd do that as town?" doesn't mean **** when the last time I (Laundry) remember him having a PR, he played vastly different. I don't like it. I'll look at his CC again just to see what I make of it as I don't quite remember everything from D3 clearly.

C) If Kary is town I don't think it's because he agreed with me on Rake. I don't think he's even agreeing with me in the first place, he seems far more intent at berating me for waiting this long from wanting to join the wagon than actually agreeing with me on the direction. He's tunneled that slot all game. I don't think he's agreeing with me in that slightest.

As for how I read him, I think he's town at the moment though my other head may disagree. He found Kary null and wanted him dead on a Circus scumflip. I'm not quite sure why he does.

I have a question for you.

What do you make of Thuggin and Gorf's push in this day phase, Gorf ignoring Rake in favor of me, and Thuggin defending Rake last phase and setting up to divert his lynch as soon as Circus was hammered?

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
doesnt matter aggro. if me and gorf are wrong then weve most likely lost this game for town cuz scum (of which there are definitely at least 3) just need to alpha strike you at this point should you be innocent

why arent you voting me? whyve you been backing out of this agreement we made to crossvote should jerkus flip town?

doesnt matter aggro. if me and gorf are wrong then weve most likely lost this game for town cuz scum (of which there are definitely at least 3) just need to alpha strike you at this point should you be innocent

why arent you voting me? whyve you been backing out of this agreement we made to crossvote should jerkus flip town?
Counter. Claim.

Wanna wait and see if I get alpha'd. Give it a day. Without more votes. I will bet my mafia career that I don't.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Aggressive Mediation [2] - we thuggin, Gorf

Nabe [0]
Rake [0]
dabuz [0]
Kary [0]
we thuggin [0]
Gorf [0]
soup [0]
Masquerain [0]

Not Voting: Nabe, Rake, AM, dabuz, Kary, soup, Masquerain

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline has been set for 11:59pm CST on Dec 20th.

EBWOP:Without another voter.

You can leave those two forever and the alpha won't come.

That would leave you and me confirmed the play for tomorrow. Won't that be lovely.

#HBC | ѕoup

im getting frustrated thinking about the lack of alpha and the whole situation in the first place, a part of me wants to go '**** it' but i also don't want to be hasty i haven't liked gorf at all this whole game and marshy well he's marshy but the most frustrating part about this is that it can be right but thuggin can still be bussing so it doesn't say jack and that isn't including gorf either and they've both had this weird-ass town-read on each other all game and im just conflicted can we unvote

Go ahead and say "**** it" it would answer Nabe or you for me depending on if I get alpha'd.

If I don't then I get the game simplified to talking to Joey, Dabunz, Kary, and Nabe. I no longer have to interact with you 4 at all.

Top Bottom