• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
then again maybe not, i really actually need to re-read nabe, I've been postponing it constantly throughout this phase.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
but you should believe it's a bingo. by your own vehemence with how you acted assuming your role is legit, now hearing that my role exists, I'm colored confused as to why you don't chase down AM more, if anything, my claim lays some credence to your argument against Am with relation to his attitude on hidden roles.
...why I don't chase down AM more? I've been chasing him down since before D2 ended. I'm voting him. I want him dead. Your role doesn't add or subtract from the way I thought of Ryker before. I think he's scum. Ryker, through wifom, has done a DECENT job of making me doubt myself though.

It's not a bingo. A bingo is something sure. I didn't see Ryker at the body. I didn't cop him. I just really think he's scum and he's good at weaseling out of that ****. As evidenced by the fact that his omgus vote on me has spiraled into the dominant play toDay.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Scary: explain the Nabe read?
Think about it, wasn't Nabe the only one claiming town on Rake? We were ready to obliterate Rake all the way but held off because Nabe had "cleared" him for the time being. Does that clear Nabe, not so much, but seeing Rake's role has made me feel better about Nabe a bit, at least not as worried.

That worried feeling comes up with Joey. Where has he been?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hell no, Nabe was like the only non agressively thuggin circle jerk member to put legitimate weight on the situation and it was WELL before you made the claim, so he'd have fantastic reason to go either thuggin or aggro instead of bussing scummate jerkus. Just... why bother with dat bus?

I mean I still think his case was kinda whatever but it's definitely a strong stance and not one that I'd think a scumNabe would be so gung ho about doing if jerkus was his partner.

I also want people to talk about Nabe: If circus is lynched and flipped scum, does that implicate him of some sort of bussing ?

half tempted to say that a nabe scum flip would def incriminate circus more but im not content to let the liable scum we have go based on that
I would say that it's more likely to lend credence to his shadowy bull****.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

here's my one deal.

Circus is not a bad player. Even with not being around all the time.

Let me be clear im still not happy with his claim or play but.

If i was scum with a jan, or was the jan, i would create a strong safeclaim around it, like, his role is actually so weak by comparison, i'm almost tempted to say it's too bad to be scum, like personally, I would as scum instantly assume there is going to be a role like mortician or related role or w/e to reveal ****, if i had a jan with me. So, its like: would circus really create this claim.

I know im town and i feel like this should really incriminate circus but I just wanna lynch scum so bad.

I feel like i need to channel my inner marshy and say yolo but i'm not that brave :/

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
say yolo and do what?

quick question for the populace. how is tomorrow lylo/mylo? were at 11 making 9 (after todays lynch and nk) 6 town v 3 scum which would give us a mislynch should we misfire again today. thats assuming a 3 man team

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
BTW LYNCH THE UTTER **** OUTTA AGGRO SHOULD HE KlLL MY ASS TONIGHT. HE SAID HED BET THE GAME ON US 3 SO HOLD HIM TO IT

but aggro i ask that you please spare me should you be scum. id love to put the play between us

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
karebear updated reads/thoughts with rakes claim and tell me what yur reads are lookin like on a town jerkus flip do this in your next post

nabe who you looking at on a jerkus town flip?

say yolo and do what?

quick question for the populace. how is tomorrow lylo/mylo? were at 11 making 9 (after todays lynch and nk) 6 town v 3 scum which would give us a mislynch should we misfire again today. thats assuming a 3 man team
Likely, but it's a 4 man game. 4 scum or 3 and a traitor is super possible.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
In order of importance.

Circus
Thuggin
Nabe/Gorf

Definite town reads include Joey, Scary, and Dabunz.

Null lean town is Soup.

Null lean scum is Rake.

Null is Kary.
whats this looking like now?

stop avoiding questions. jerkus town and my survival equates to your vote being planted on me and not moving correct d4? and does the same flip mean rake is up for lynch?

I don't think Circus will flip town. If he does, kill Rake immediately because herp derp lying scum. When he flips scum, the scumteam lies in one of two places: either Kary/Soup/somebody or thuggin/nabe/gorf. Nabe has highlighted Kary's sidelining of the rest of the game and Kary supported Circus on pushing for us. Soup, I still don't know on, but would be my #1 suspect for third member of that team, should Kary also flip scum, given his constant hounding of Rake (a la Kary) and his sidelining refusal to outright ally with Circus early on, despite refusing to believe Circus was scum with a mortician-esque role.

On the other side you have thuggin is grimy for signing on with Circus. His entire approach to pushing our slot is, as a result, just as opportunistic as Circus' approach. His play this dayphase is making me reconsider--it would've been more opportunistic to keep pushing and ride the momentum of Gorf, Kary, Soup, and Circus all agreeing that our slot came out on the sour side. Kary is the first place I would want to go on a scumflip and thuggin I can't go for on a scumflip without going through Nabe. The only way thuggin is scum is if Nabe is lying scum.

With a scumflip on the table and a jan involved, I would highly suggest a massclaim tomorrow. With no scumflip, it's not as imperative because Rake is a free lynch.

whats this looking like now?

stop avoiding questions. jerkus town and my survival equates to your vote being planted on me and not moving correct d4? and does the same flip mean rake is up for lynch?
Circus town and you immediately move for Rake. That CC means he dies. He locked himself in on that. After that, you make Nabe ante up because he's claiming an essential clear on you. Without reason to doubt the validity of results, you always lynch the game who's claiming a clear before the guy who he's claimed is clear. On a Jerkus townflip, I'm coming for you. I highly doubt it'll be the case given everything I've said about Circus and how his claim is a nebulous piece of ****. I still believe wholeheartedly there is at least one scum between the three of us.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
This whole situation would be really tense, except
it's refreshing and defusing to see real Circus coming out of the serious shell.

But it still feels like scum behaviour. Prior to the CC he was all business; now basic AtE. I'm comfortable lynching on the current pool of knowledge; the claims change nothing for me.

all i ask is that you all admire my expert crumbing before i die
Are the sentiments beneath the crumbing actually true? Do you think Raz was an obvious kill choice?
karebear updated reads/thoughts with rakes claim and tell me what yur reads are lookin like on a town jerkus flip do this in your next post

nabe who you looking at on a jerkus town flip?
Still Kary, he's been tunneling Rake all game. But I would be working on that basic scumtell, rather than interactions with Circus like I'm currently thinking. And I'd have to reevaluate some of my truths about other players, because without Circus as scum my brainteam falls apart.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Why would Circus create a counterclaim scenario when his counter claim is WAY weaker than the original? It seems like he's just giving his life away if that were to be the case.

Unvote

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Circus town and you immediately move for Rake. That CC means he dies. He locked himself in on that. After that, you make Nabe ante up because he's claiming an essential clear on you. Without reason to doubt the validity of results, you always lynch the game who's claiming a clear before the guy who he's claimed is clear. On a Jerkus townflip, I'm coming for you. I highly doubt it'll be the case given everything I've said about Circus and how his claim is a nebulous piece of ****. I still believe wholeheartedly there is at least one scum between the three of us.
"circus town means rake"

"circus town means thuggin"

sall i need. youre stuck with the latter

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Are the sentiments beneath the crumbing actually true? Do you think Raz was an obvious kill choice?
I think Raz was obvtown who didn't make many connections with people. So yeah, he made sense.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Gut, really, nothing more. I mean, gut is always something more, because reads are never based on nothing, but I wouldn't be able to explain it very well. Kary's intent just seems pro-town, despite the tunneling on Rake and whatever.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Uhh this CC situation. I feel like Circus claimed flavour cop and Rake claimed role cop, and they could both be in the setup. That being said, Circus' role seems pretty weak, and Rake's role seems very strong. That they are so different (apparently one is passive, one active?) kinda makes me doubt that one is sort of a backup for the other. The part I think I am most interested in is that apparently Rake's ability can be proved, right? He can publicly reveal a result tomorrow. Now I would like to say that that is a clear, but it also sounds a bit like how a scum janitor might work. It may be that mafia have to reveal one flip in order to hide another (this happened in Ryu's Toonami mafia with the day janitor).

My reads, of course, are screaming that Rake should die. I have reservations about Circus.

If they're both scum, this is a pretty sweet play, as it could effectively clear an otherwise condemned Rake, but I don't get that vibe from their interactions.

On the other hand, Rake looks to be pretty much completely screwed if Circus flips town anyways, am I right? Even before this CC situation arose, there wasn't much hope for the Rake slot- it looks like he has nothing to lose. Still, that does raise the question of why he did it, if it doesn't change anything - seeing as it didn't look like he would be lynched toDay anyways.

If Rake is town, and Circus scum, this whole string of play doesn't make any sense to me at all from Circus' PoV. You know you have a janitor, so you know there could be a mortician style role, so why pretend you have that kind of role in your pursuit of AM? If it had been, idk, Joey who counter-claimed, you would be completely boned. You could try and put off claiming for a time, yeah, but why claim that specific thing in the first place if it's not in your safeclaims.

They could both be town. I have room for that in my readslist. But their claims don't seem to gel well together and obviously I strongly dislike Rake's play. If you put Nabe - AM - thuggin as the scumteam (this may sound implausible to you), they have the perfect storm of back-to-back mislynches here. But then it seems this is really just a fluke that this as happened rather than something scum have a hand in.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Does this mean that AM is the same alignment as Rake?

I'm still thinking this through if this wasn't obvious. I want to say it is scum Rake town Circus but I feel like I might be missing something.

I also want to know more about both roles.

Can Circus get a player's role as a result, or does he just get flavour?
Does Rake have to choose a target each night?
What is the name of Rake's ability?
Does Rake learn just a player's role, or also their ghost-name?

I feel like there's something weird about how both roles could sort of exist together, like they're not a hard CC of one another (as if they were the same rolename), and I feel lie that's telling in terms of which one might be a safe claim or a fake claim. I just can't really brain work function that right now.

#HBC | Gorf

Or you can say nothing. It'd have literally the exact same effect. Seriously, what's the point of saying any of this if not to just allow yourself to stay confused? And the best part is you still have no stance on the subject.

Circus or Rake, and yes, you need to weigh in.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Can Circus get a player's role as a result, or does he just get flavour?
Does Rake have to choose a target each night?
What is the name of Rake's ability?
Does Rake learn just a player's role, or also their ghost-name?

Circus said he gets role info but not the full role iirc, hence why it seems so weak that i'm on the line for fakeclaim, but i do think his role is extraneous as a backup because it doesn't seem to aid town much visa vie information even if i die. Like, what does his role accomplish if i died ? "Hey guys, i saw raz had a pool cue, here's my guess to his role" I know role isn't always telling of alignment but Circus' role just seems so ass hat backwards that i don't want to believe kantrip's a bad enough mod to create it when my role achieves everything needed wrt flips. In essence, it's too weak for me to believe he's not faking, if i can publicly reveal a full flip, as long as I'm alive and there are flips to be revealed, then why does circus need to get flavor / role info or whatever it was he claimed, it doesn't add up to me.

As to your questions:

I could choose a target each night I suppose, but seeing as it only works on flips that have been hidden, it'd be useless for me to use it post that happening. so today for example, assuming I lived I woulda targetted raz at night and then the next day phase(i.e toMorrow) his full flip would be revealed publicly.

My ability is called paint.

Everyone learns it, not just me as I have said. But I shall repeat: Whoever I target that has been hidden, their full flip will be revealed at the start of the next day phase.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

. If the player's flip is hidden, I am given a piece of information relevant to that player's character or role.

I was told that I found a pool cue at Raziek's grave. This highly suggests that he was Slim Bankshot, which I crumbed in my first post of the Day (the stuff dabuz mistook for fluff. Although I guess it's a certain kind of fluff).

Don't know anything about his alignment or role, but I think it's safe to assume he was town.

the italicized is why I'm so bent here. It's just a piece of information relevant to the role/charcter.
I think it was gorf who said this smelled of jan safeclaim and i'm really ahving a hard time disagreeing on that

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Circus [3] - Aggressive Mediation, we thuggin, Nabe
Aggressive Mediation [2] - Circus, Gorf
Rake [1] - Kary

Nabe [0]
Scary [0]
dabuz [0]
Kary [0]
we thuggin [0]
Gorf [0]
soup [0]
Masquerain [0]

Not Voting: Scary, soup, dabuz, Rake, Masquerain

With 11 players alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline has been set for 11:59pm CST on Dec 16th.

#HBC | Gorf

I think it's safe to say that Circus is lying at this point. Town just doesn't need a role like that. It's completely and utterly useless. Can ANYBODY tell me what can be deduced of Raziek with the information that he has a pool cue? Why the hell would that matter to town?

Answer: It doesn't.

Vote: Circus

#proxiedaf

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
what sort of mod gives their janitor a safeclaim that clashes with a town PR?
It is literally not a 'safe' claim if that happens.

Now maybe Circus just decided to make up a claim based on knowledge gained through the janitor role, but you'd have to ask why he'd do that.

Top Bottom