• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
t
Marshy, can I have an updated readlist, one that's well thought-out and provides reasons (enough to justify)? I also want your thoughts on me and Circus. This isn't going anywhere but circles without more people weighing in, yourself included. I also would love to see your thoughts on a mass claim, starting with Circus, into Nabe. I like the way you are playing right now, however I am aware that the case that you and Circus have made did not stick and that we showed up before it could take hold. I want to like you considering things but I'm far too wary of you playing me because you don't think that you and Circus have the muscle to push this one through. You guys might be letting him take the fall. I want more than "hmmm i need to think about some things". I want specifics of what in this game has made you think you need to reconsider and your thought processes with them. If you remain an enigma then I will have the rest of this game swear me an oath that you will burn if Circus flips scum.

unvote
vote: Circus
so thoughts on you vs jerkus

as you know i was agreeing with jerkus late d2 into twilight. this changed when i asked myself 'who is handling this back and forth in a more protown manner' along with ryker meta. for the former i started to change my mind as i thought back to you constantly trying to draw town into the discussion when that **** first sparked off. you were trying to force town to take stances while jerkus was more imo focused on driving you into the ground. i also realized that jerkus is the ****ing bogeyman. he waits til twilight when he can build momentum against someone and then...BOOM! he blindsides the **** outta people and uses the high energy of twilight hours to reel other people into his push. its opportunistic as **** and he did this to me d1 with you and joey getting reeled in and then to you late d2 with myself siding with him that time. i also see you generally trying to figure out **** by interacting with a good amount of the game while jerkus is for the most part content to stay focused on me and then later you

moving onto meta and what i expect of ryker (not laundry cuz ive found we do not often read each other well) i can tell youve been making moves to **** me over tshould you die ever since pregame (cop marshy) to d1 twilight (**** marshys coplist cop marshy) to earlier this dayphase (it will be marshy tomorrow if jerkus flips town) to even now (marshy do what i say or im having town lynch you even if i die or jerkus flips scum). i dont think most of town has noticed this but i have and it aligns with what i think youd do as nonmafia ie keeping tabs on me. youve also done **** that reminds me of your nonmafia play in other games. dragging me into the pit with you and jerkus is similar to what happened between you/me/kevinm in mario party 2 and your reluctance to NOT wagon me early d2 when i had momentum going my way strikes me as a ryker taking a step back to think more about my alignment. i think as scum you and laundry wouldve had a field day with my slot. ive seen both halves of you as scum literally just sit on my slot repeating "hes not explaining ****! can we kill this moron?" taking advantage of my generally antitown playstyle making town uncomfortable so the fact that yall actually voted frito with me flies in the face of that. i also believe youve been putting a lot of thought into deducing my role

as for massclaim...eh. im comfortable enough with the jerkus lynch id rather let n3 play out uninterrupted and then MAYBE d4. funny that you ask starting with jerkus then going to nabe cuz ive been thinking of forcing a claim out of the latter to start off d4. nabes theory regarding disassociation interests me but i need more from him before i can commit to anything

as for reads i COULD do the full reads list thing you asked but im still in the middle of figuring out ****. both our slots would benefit more from letting me play at my own pace (backseat) this dayphase into early d4

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
jerkus is there anything of value between karebear/nabe/rake? im sure theres more than "nabe can die. rake can die" as was yesterdays stance. can you make anything out of nabes push against you?
Karebear might as well be clear to me. Soup too. Sex Bob-Omb rolls deep.

Nabe is suddenly frothing at the mouth to lynch me after playing cautious PR D1 and D2. If he doesn't have a claim that will save his life, lynch that mof. The change in my play reads sort of like a lion who suddenly smells an antelope with a limp. Would not expect Nabe to plant his foot so hard on the gas going in the wrong direction, and being wrong on me right after being firmly wrong on Ryu feels important. Do not like the slot.

Rake is astonishing. Wish Sokr were here to ruin him.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I ****ing love how my push on AM is considered a reach considering the lynches we've had so far. Sokr? Frito?

dis game

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I mean, that's nice. Assuming you're not scum together.

Going into what could potentially be mylo or lylo with no dead scum of any kind of pretty disheartening.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Ok, there is a lot of reading in this thread to do, but first thing to address after seeing the flip:

okay, so forget that post i saved. It's way too late to matter (won't move a new wagon in time) and I reveal things in there that need not be revealed if it has no hope of getting AM lynched right now.

Just remember that Ryker brought up the idea of hidden flips apropos of nothing in order to defend his claim. That's the important part. I've noticed that a lot of people don't seem to actually be clear on what set me off so much with regards to AM over the last few pages. It was that. Not meta. Not the choice to claim itself. Those factor into what happened, but the red flag is the implication of knowledge that Ryker shouldn't have. He knows that, which is why he kept harping on even when I was talking about other factors.

Right now Circus essentially claimed to have a role with knowledge of hidden flips, where AM claimed VT which is a role that would not have knowledge of hidden flips. Looking at how Raziek's flip is hidden, it seems very out of place for AM to have mentioned it, a slip perhaps? This is my first mafia game I can recall playing in with hidden flips (I did play Majora's maks which had abduction, a different thing though). Maybe AM is being legit in his prepare for everything approach and Circus is scum capitalizing? IDK, but something about AM vs. Circus reads bad to me.

Raz was a pretty sensible choice. No one really found him suspicious. In fact, if you had asked me who scum would be targeting during the Night, I would have banked on someone like him taking the shot. His odds of living were pretty slim.

Vote: Aggressive Mediation
Right away I don't like this post, talking about the Raz NK but not coming to any conclusions is fluff, super duper fluff and the only thing actually accomplished in this post is voting for AM.

Other half finally caught his *** up. My head's swimming after digging through 27 gogdamn pages of ****, twelve just as the game's re-opening. Lemme get to collect myself and reread **** I earmarked.

Before I go, Circus have you ever heard of the phrase, "If it sounds too good to be true, it ain't"? Why, after both you and marshy were digging into us for even suggesting that some sort of flip-hiding could even exist, would we ever ****ing use it? Considering we had you both pointing guns at us yesterday for that logic, why would we take one and load a round directly into our foots?
This is a good point by AM, a really good point. That hidden flip is like giving Circus the greenlight to pressure AM. However I don't think it's a solid reason to not suspect AM because that's a very surface level reasoning and scum AM could have planned this just to counter it with the logic that a
hidden flip is too easy.

I try not to make a habit of playing Outguess The Mod. Especially considering the portrait idea is so tied to Luigi's Mansion flavor, I wouldn't be surprised if the Janitor was a passive ability for one of the scum. As long as they live, the NKs flip blank. Totally believable to me.
Question, since at this point you've basically claimed mortician or something similar, is your ability 1 shot or can it be used every night? (or day?)

*1 hour later*

Ok, so read everything, my thoughts:

-AM reaching in his case where he mentioned Raz may have been a NK to have one less AM supporter.
-AM's claim and town reading Gorf + Marshy but thinking they may have communication like masons or neighbors still bugging me,also don't see how based on AM thinking We Thuggin is scum, that his scum team isn't Circus/ Marshy/ Gorf.
-AM makes a good point that Circus may have been trying to frame him him by calling out a "slip" which conveniently leads to us having Raziek dead without a flip.
-AM's post about the hidden flips still in fact could have been a slip.
-I have not seen hidden flips outside of indy abductor in Majora's Mask. I do not think there is indy this game btw because after two Night Phases, there has been only one death.
-Circus talking about how it makes sense for the NK target to be Raz and then voting AM looked like fluff with the only intent being to vote AM.
-Circus hinted very heavily at having a role to counteract hidden flips yesterDay, why wasn't he targeted?
-Posted about it yesterDay, but didn't particularly like how Circus pushed AM before the Day was over.
-Circus was largely inactive until yesterday when he caught something from AM that popped a red flag.
-Circus made some weird assumptions as pointed out in AM's 1582.

The one big thing that comes into my mind is that in a game with a hidden flip(s?), wouldn't it make sense to have a role meant to counter that? I believe it would. Now Circus has basically claimed he has such a role, of course scum could claim such a thing but unless they killed another player with that role (in this case, only Raz "could" have that role), that means that scum would have to guess (or know) that no counter role exists and be super ballsy to claim it. With that said, everyone has posted in this thread toDay and read up. However, no one has counter claimed an anti-janitor/ no flip role against Circus. If someone has such a role they NEED to claim it. Otherwise one of two scenarios: Circus DOES have the role he is heavily hinting he does, or he DOES not have that role and has reason to think no one would have such a role and be able to counterclaim him. Keep in mind Circus did hint it yesterDay before Raziek died so Raziek could have hinted something to counter that if he was the player with that role, which is still unlikely just based on him being 1 player out of what was 12 last night. A real mortician role (or w/e the counter role is) not existing could be a possibility, but how would scum not know this and be able to risk having Circus claim such? That's why I think Circus is being legit here, what AM said is a slip.

Vote: Aggressive Mediation

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Circus [3] - Aggressive Mediation, Masquerain, we thuggin
Aggressive Mediation [3] - Circus, Gorf, dabuz
Rake [1] - Kary

Nabe [0]
Scary [0]
dabuz [0]
Kary [0]
we thuggin [0]
Gorf [0]
soup [0]
Masquerain [0]

Not Voting: Nabe, Rake, Scary, soup

With 11 players alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline has been set for 11:59pm CST on Dec 16th.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So what's annoying about AM, and the fact that AM and thuggin both want toDay to revolve around the three of us, is that me not dying and a flip being hidden does leave room for the idea that scum is trying to force this battle to happen. This would require Ryker's foreshadowing of the no reveal to truly be a coincidence, which I just find extremely difficult to believe. But assuming AM is town, it sure does suit the scumteam well to give me what I was looking for and let me chase it.

Ryker's (alleged) slip and response to me late D2 are just so bad though....

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
In case it is not abundantly clear yet, I am a role who happens to know that there is potential for roles to be hidden in this game.
ya know what screw the rules about PR subtlety .

I AM THE ROLE THAT REVEALS FLIPS.
I HAVE NOT CC'D OR CLAIMED BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT CIRCUS OR ANY OTHER SCUM TO SKATE HIS ROLE CLAIM AROUND MINE.
NO OTHER TOWN ROLE EXISTS/ IS NEEDED WITH WHAT MINE DOES VISA VIE FLIPS. AND NO OTHER ROLE SANS THE SCUM / JANITOR WOULD HAVE ANY INCLINATION THAT ROLES WOULD BE HIDDEN, NOT VIA FLAVOR OR OTHERWISE, OR INFORMATION SUGGESTING TO OR ALLUDING TO THIS, THAT I CAN FATHOM.

WHY ELSE WOULD I KEEP CALLING CIRCUS' HINTS HELLA DICEY.

i BELIEVE CIRCUS IS SCUM, BECAUSE HE HAS REVEALED THROUGH HIS OWN POSTS THAT HIS INFO RELATES TO ROLES BEING MESSED WITH. BUT HE SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS KINDA INFO OUTSIDE OF BEING SCUM, MY ROLE BEING IN PLAY.

THE SAME LOGIC HE'S TRYING TO CONDEMN RYKER WITH(THE DICEYNESS OF KNOWING), IS HERE, EXCEPT THAT I ACTUALLY KNEW FROM THE GET GO THAT LYNCHES WHERE GOING TO BE MESSED WITH EVENTUALLY BECAUSE I FREAKING REVEAL THEM (HIDDEN ONES).

I THINK RYKER'S "SLIP" WAS ACTUALLY HIM DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID HE WAS DOING.

this concludes the part of the thread were I yell at you all.

tl;dr

Circus likely to be scum. You all are too dense to pick up that i've been softly trying to CC circus without outright doing it because him actually claiming the role would damn him. That and I didn't want him to go: well im this so it kinda fits. And then have all of yall ***** over it.

/end rant

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST CLAIMED IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU MORON

jerkus claim immediately

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm Bogmire, Town Weak Coroner. I have an ability called Fear and Despair. It's a passive ability that causes me to visit every player who dies. If the player's flip is hidden, I am given a piece of information relevant to that player's character or role.

I was told that I found a pool cue at Raziek's grave. This highly suggests that he was Slim Bankshot, which I crumbed in my first post of the Day (the stuff dabuz mistook for fluff. Although I guess it's a certain kind of fluff).

Don't know anything about his alignment or role, but I think it's safe to assume he was town.

#HBC | ѕoup

Rake should go ahead and full-claim too. Jerkus, is Rake making a scum play on you right now?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

NO **** THAT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE SURE CIRCUS DIDNT HAVE ANY WIGGLE ROOM.

IT WAS BEST TO TRY AND GET HIM TO OUT AS MUCH AS WE COULD AND THEN WHEN HE ACTUALLY CLAIMED, CAP DAT ASS.

#HBC | ѕoup

NO YOU CLAIM RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING DIRECTLY CC'D RIGHT NOW AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED CLAIM RIGHT NOW I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID PR SHENANIGANS WE NEED INFORMATION NOT YOU SITTING ON YOUR ASS CLAIM

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sidenote: I realize none of this clears me, as everything I know is **** that a scum Jan could potentially know from killing Raz.

Rake, explain your role. How and when do you reveal roles? Are you limited to a certain number of uses? Flavor too, please.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Vincent Van Gore
, Town Painter.

each night i can paint a duder and his role will be revealed if it was hidden

#HBC | ѕoup

Vincent Van Gore
, Town Painter.

I'm Bogmire, Town Weak Coroner. I have an ability called Fear and Despair. It's a passive ability that causes me to visit every player who dies. If the player's flip is hidden, I am given a piece of information relevant to that player's character or role.

I was told that I found a pool cue at Raziek's grave. This highly suggests that he was Slim Bankshot, which I crumbed in my first post of the Day (the stuff dabuz mistook for fluff. Although I guess it's a certain kind of fluff).

Don't know anything about his alignment or role, but I think it's safe to assume he was town.

There's no way both of those roles exist, I completely stand by this. They literally sound like the same damn thing to me.

Oh boy, I feel like a ****ing kid in a candy store.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

caps lock was still on haha.

to be specific, im vincent van gore, the starving artist, town painter.

the flips are revealed the next day phase for whoever i paint

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
what the ****

there is no reason for Rake to do this as scum.

I'm not scum.

This is dumb.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

Vincent Van Gore
, Town Painter.

So right now if you are both telling the truth, there are two roles dealing with hidden flips.

Circus's role essentially does very little BUT if Jan isn't used, i'm assuming you basically will know who performed the kill and it's a passive. That's a pretty crazy role. I also don't see how that flavor fits this guy: http://www.mariowiki.com/bogmire

Rake's is pretty straightforward.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i have no idea why circus' role would exist if he's legit here as it is totally useless in comparison to mine

#HBC | ѕoup

what the ****

there is no reason for Rake to do this as scum.

I'm not scum.

This is dumb.

Yeah, that's kinda what is bothering me right now. It's also bothering me because I've been set on Rake being scum and he just happens to claim something like this. I think you really have to come to terms with him being your CC at this point, unless you think there's a reason for two roles like this to exist.

I'm honestly ready to just vote you, which is ironic how I was defending you so hard and now we've come to terms with this.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm flat out not seeing anything besides "fear and despair" in bogmire's description that relates to his role.

Bogmire, the Cemetery Shadow (Japanese: シャドーマ Shadōma), is a purple portrait ghost of unknown age from the gameLuigi's Mansion. His name is derived from "bog" and "quagmire" (or just "mire"), two types of swamps. He resides in theGraveyard of Luigi's Mansion during the events of the game and is the boss of the second area. Bogmire is the manifestation of the mansion's fear and despair, although he does not know who to fear or what to despair. Bogmire can summon Black Bogmires. He can also teleport around an area with a flash of lightning.
Luigi encounters Bogmire during his quest to save his brother, Mario, from King Boo. Three (five in the Hidden Mansion)Skeleton Ghosts hide in the tombstones in the area prior to the boss fight. After Luigi dispatches them with the Poltergust 3000, the largest headstone begins to glow. As Luigi approaches the stone, Bogmire reveals himself and transports Luigi to an arena.

Luigi's Mansion's artwork of Bogmire.
After the transport, the battle begins. To attack Luigi, Bogmire creates Black Bogmires, ranging from small to large sizes. These duplicates attack Luigi as Bogmire warps around the arena. To capture Bogmire, Luigi has to suck in the ghosts, which transforms them into a shadowy ball. Luigi must fire the shadow ball at Bogmire, thus rendering him vulnerable. Luigi can then proceed to suck Bogmire in. During the process, Luigi has to avoid the duplicates. Eventually, Luigi captures Bogmire. A chest that contains the keyto the Courtyard appears, allowing Luigi to proceed to the next area of the mansion.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
for the record, I don't learn **** about deaths that flip properly. i don't learn anything about who killed who or whatever. I just get flavor hints to character and role.

Top Bottom