• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
yo how bout yu just vote frito and call it a day. to be honest i dont even remember why i voted that ***** dawg lol

i just wanna say that i cant believe me and aggromed actually agree. this is truly a rare occasion that oughta be celebrated by serving us fritos head on a silver platter
or lynching you both if your both around d3.

/truly telling meta

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Does it matter?

They are just gonna tunnel me into the ground tomarrow and I blame my change in Add/depression meds + stress.

I actually was mad at Madshy and co for the Sokr lynch cause he had a prove able Pr, I'm done I don't wanna put up with others ATM.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Nabe you scare the **** outta me. Plain and simple. I dunno why you've chosen to play so transparently unless you truly are a PR, but all it's doing is adding more confusion to everyone and just more concern for your slot.

Joey, why not Frito? What is your reasoning?

Currently cracking up at the notion of AggroMed and Thuggin being on the same page since they wanted each other so dead in pregame. AggroMed's most recent post on why they are voting for frito was very well thought out I thought and the Frito rage posts unfortunately do me know favors.

For now, I will keep my vote on Nabe since he scares me most, but likely a Nabe wagon won't likely gain traction since it would require drastic mistakes which I believe Nabe's really transparent play won't allow. I want to say his #1196 makes me feel a tad better but I still remain a bit skeptical.

Dabunz is starting to grow on me with his play, soup I think you need to pump the breaks just a little. I'm fine with the skepticism of him definitely but he has been doing just about all you've asked of him. Just keep him at arm's length for now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
AggroMed, do you really believe that Ryu would take a chance at we thuggin' as scum? That's a main thing I've always been considering. It's too ballsy for Ryu as scum. I don't why you're not seeing this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
no one lynch frito yet doe, I'm still re reading that shiz.

UNVOTE

may end up back here anyway but imma re make sure dat I'm sure before we do dis thing

#HBC | ѕoup

Does it matter?

They are just gonna tunnel me into the ground tomarrow and I blame my change in Add/depression meds + stress.

I actually was mad at Madshy and co for the Sokr lynch cause he had a prove able Pr, I'm done I don't wanna put up with others ATM.

It matters. You have people actively defending you and people who town-read you and you're kinda letting them down if you're town right now. I really want to believe you wouldn't go these lengths so consider me a supporter also. The least you can do even if you get hammered is lay down your reads in full and your current thought process. I notice an uneasiness and uncertainty in your reads, because you're focusing too hard on being right. I get in this circumstance a lot in games. I'll feel stupid if I'm buying your AtE right now and you're mafia, but I also won't regret it if I was right all along and I took the chance to try and turn this around.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Woah, Ruy/frito. Slow down. Still some time left in the day.

If anything just lay low for a day and relax, come back a bit later once you're up for it but don't wave the white flag yet.

Soup, just playing devil's advocate, what could we learn from frito flips?

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, just playing devil's advocate, what could we learn from frito flips?
A lot actually. I think AggroMed is voting Frito for that reason, and for his own. I think he's concerned about marshy/gorf so he's letting this lynch go through to get a more solid read on him. I can't disagree with his methods because I'm really curious to see if marshy's bull-headed instinct is right along with Gorf.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unvote

Soup what if I told you a Ryker might be basing his tells on posts from post game on other games? That is what makes me think he is a town lean, but his middle man road bugs me because that is scum Ryker.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
A lot actually. I think AggroMed is voting Frito for that reason, and for his own. I think he's concerned about marshy/gorf so he's letting this lynch go through to get a more solid read on him. I can't disagree with his methods because I'm really curious to see if marshy's bull-headed instinct is right along with Gorf.
This as well, Marshy being wrong a lot usually means he's scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Unvote

Soup what if I told you a Ryker might be basing his tells on posts from post game on other games? That is what makes me think he is a town lean, but his middle man road bugs me because that is scum Ryker.

What makes you think this?

#HBC | ѕoup

a great idea just spawned in my head

we should lynch gorf

yea :)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Man this whole last page reminds me of that song Jumper by Third Eye Blind man! I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend!

Btw since he did, rake, youse vote would be totally appreciated!

Btw @soup it seems pretty clear that Aggro thinks Fritos scum and is not JUST doing this to gauge me and marshys "bull headed stance" man. He said the one thing I hoped nobody would say early on: that his play benefits him, not town. Ya know?

#HBC | ѕoup

i guess the question im most curious about is where you're headed if frito is town

#HBC | Gorf

i guess the question im most curious about is where you're headed if frito is town
I guess my question is why bother thinking about that now man? If he flips town I'll start looking down those avenues. Right now I don't give a **** man! My read on him is scum and until his flip shows otherwise that's all he'll be to me at this point.

So my answer is...

:hanenbow:

4/20 BLAZE!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Still not voting Frito. I don't see scum. I see catch-up Rajam and flustered Ryu :v. I'm with Soup on the whole "Ryu wouldn't jump on Marshy" thing, and I don't see the "he's playing for himself, not for town" thing.

#HBC | ѕoup

I guess my question is why bother thinking about that now man? If he flips town I'll start looking down those avenues. Right now I don't give a **** man! My read on him is scum and until his flip shows otherwise that's all he'll be to me at this point.

So my answer is...

:hanenbow:

4/20 BLAZE!

Because I don't want you continuing to play like this and you're gonna have to do something besides make ambiguous votes with ill-reasoning and hide behind your stoner gimmick.

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh wait I mean if he flips town I'll start looking at marshy cuz he's so scummy right?

No, I'll piledrive you into the ground. I'll make it my mission to put your head on a stake.

#HBC | Gorf

Because I don't want you continuing to play like this and you're gonna have to do something besides make ambiguous votes with ill-reasoning and hide behind your stoner gimmick.
Bro. It's not a gimmick. I am actually a stoner man! It's like the old saying goes: "It's always 4/20 somewhere!"

And I've explained this before and I'll explain it again. Don't say my play is bad because you don't get it man, think about what I'm doing not how I'm doing it, ya know? Meditate for a bit and get on my vibe and maybe you'll start to see the light man :)

#HBC | ѕoup

Bro. It's not a gimmick. I am actually a stoner man! It's like the old saying goes: "It's always 4/20 somewhere!"

And I've explained this before and I'll explain it again. Don't say my play is bad because you don't get it man, think about what I'm doing not how I'm doing it, ya know? Meditate for a bit and get on my vibe and maybe you'll start to see the light man :)

I don't get it. Raziek doesn't get it. I don't think Circus gets it either. I know Joey doesn't get it. Ryu hasn't said otherwise either. Hell, even Dabuz doesn't get it. The only people who I've seen defend you without a doubt is marshy, and what the hell he sees in you is beyond me.

#HBC | Gorf

Man, as a member of the site, how about calling it a cigarette? Those are TOTALLY relaxing!

I don't get it. Raziek doesn't get it. I don't think Circus gets it either. I know Joey doesn't get it. Ryu hasn't said otherwise either. Hell, even Dabuz doesn't get it. The only people who I've seen defend you without a doubt is marshy, and what the hell he sees in you is beyond me.
Aggro. Nabe. We forgot about those guys didn't we? Look at the people you named that don't get it vs the people that you and I named that do and spot the difference man! It's, like, first grade all over again! Then, couple the fact that some people just choose not to read me cuz its the easy thing to do man!

#HBC | Gorf

Noted, it won't happen again man, but like, at least keep it up so people can have a nice laugh about it! We need to spread some love, ya know :)?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe you scare the **** outta me. Plain and simple. I dunno why you've chosen to play so transparently unless you truly are a PR, but all it's doing is adding more confusion to everyone and just more concern for your slot.

For now, I will keep my vote on Nabe since he scares me most, but likely a Nabe wagon won't likely gain traction since it would require drastic mistakes which I believe Nabe's really transparent play won't allow. I want to say his #1196 makes me feel a tad better but I still remain a bit skeptical.
State these sentiments in a clearer way and/or elaborate on your misgivings.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
State these sentiments in a clearer way and/or elaborate on your misgivings.
Lemme try.

My issue is that I feel that you have been playing with a specific agenda in mind. You've limited yourself to liking posts and making few posts up until now when it appears you're starting to get rolling. Dabuz sarcastically nailed in a point when he brought up the subject of your post that you had everyone believing it would be so much more, and on top of that, they are gut reads. Not just that but it was supposed to be a post that ends any real idea of a wagon to you because before you made the post asking for time, a wagon was starting to form towards you. Wouldn't you want to end all suspicion if you're wanting to clear yourself for the time being rather than continue to be vauge? You've been hinting at holding a PR with your attempts to stop the Rake wagon but your play has just seemed limiting, as if you have much more to offer but intentionally deciding to play vauge and transparent.

To summarize, my issue with you is I cannot tell what your agenda is but I am gathering that one exists. Your vagueness is confusing and complex because I just dunno where it is going, so it scares the **** outta me. Hope this is elaborate for ya.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Your kinda further it a tad as well when you describe your play as "snake in the grass".

To me, I define "snake in the grass" as opportunistic. It only further rubs me the wrong way.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Didn't like the Rake wagon. It's too easy in its own right. Kary bit on this right after the Sokr wagon completed and hasn't let go. Everyone has kinda said, "Rake's kinda scummy," ourselves included. He has played really badly and that's my issue--it's way too easy. It seems like a fall-guy at the absolute worse and any connections I had hoped would be there fell out the window when the general consensus reached the same conclusion.
I'm kinda glad you said this since I was about to explain that his responses in 1080, 1081, and 1083 didn't look thoughtful or coming from a town mindset and that I don't mind seeing a lynch, late to the party on Rake but w/e. However you bring up a good point, I don't see ANYONE trying to defend him or that really has a problem with his wagon, everyone agrees that his play has been bad. Looking at Rake's responses to me, i'd jump aboard the "Rake's play is bad" train as well which lends more validity to him being too easy and a fallguy. I do want to bring up that earlier you said that unless Rake is indy, he's undeniably town in your opinion. Doesn't this wagon seem to make sense if Rake is Indy combined with lackluster play? Do you think a scum team would bus Rake in this situation? It's hard to say now but I do agree that his lynch doesn't give us connections really, except that Kary is probably town if he flips mafia because Kary has been super hardcore pushing him this game and that you look suspicious because this seems like such a sudden push on FT from you. On townflip I can't gather anything from Rake's lynch.

But what bothered me the most is how quickly Frito and Thuggin dropped each other as soon as a third, powerful voice showed up in thread to draw attention away from each other. It made me think that one or both of them was blowing hot air and wanted to take the easy way out. I went back and examined both of them. Ruy really doesn't have anything substantial. The amount of hate he dropped onto thuggin for that lynch is stupid, especially when it came long after #531 (which is 100% Ruy), where he states he's not that mad about the Sokr lynch. Compare and contrast:

link back
So you think Ryu's anger was exaggerated? I do see the disparity between before the flip and afterwards and it's really strange now that you point it out. What about his pushes on We Thuggin then, scum postering/ tailcoating an easy to hate player at that point?

Thuggin's not even the person to be angry at for that lynch, or at least not the only one. Rake and Gorf were at least just as accountable, if not moreso, but after Day's end, through twilight, and into D2, he just rives a wave a hate. I think this is mostly because thuggin held him as a scumspect. A lot of his reasoning for thuggin, from what I've seen, is patchy as hell. As I've responded to almost anyone that has asked about our opinion on someone's interaction with our slot, I think thuggin's treatment of us before D2 is perfectly acceptable.
It'd be silly to think Gorf, Rake, We Thuggin scum team so what you're trying to say is that FT just picked Thuggin to target and pushed him blindly because Thuggin was the spearhead? This does lend us connections as well on scum flip. I don't think FT/ Thuggin could be scum together, that leaves 1 of Gorf and Rake as scum partners potentially (don't think it'd be both) on FT scum flip because FT ignored those 2 slots which really should not have been ignored for their part in the wagon. I'd personally say Gorf for more likely partner since his place on wagon sticks out a loooooot more to me than how I recall Rake reacting to that wagon. I also think scum FT flip would clear you because you could have easily just pushed Rake here and got him lynched. If FT town flips though, I could see a scum team of you/ Thuggin/ Rake, maybe throw in some Joey.

In addition, thuggin lays out his problems with Frito early in D2. Despite this, Ruy's most recent defense is "I don't understand!" when thuggin laid it out directly at the start of the phase. Our main problem with the slot lies in what it's not doing. Reading this game again, I haven't really seen where Frito has been scumhunting. Most of their interaction has been politicing and AtE.

For reference: thuggin's case on frito
100% agreed with the underlined. I see FT's more recent posts as analyzing though for the most part, but I guess scum can analyze as well to produce content.

Now, as I said originally, I said one or both of them was likely taking the easy way out. Looking back, I don't have a real problem with the way thuggin's treated Frito. I don't understand why he is getting all of the hate for D1. He called for the hammer but this is one of the least marshy-centric QLs I've ever seen on DGames. He's actually pretty clear with why he doesn't like Frito. His salient point is much the same as what we've noticed, in that what they're doing isn't primarily done to better town but rather to better their position.

True @ underlined, I touched on this in my previous sentence but he could just be analyzing to be producing content if he's scum, and his lack of real scumhunting draws validity to that. It also makes sense because honestly, I've looked at posts, been fine with them, and just glossed over them...in essence in my mind his position is better. I don't think trying to get a better position is scummy by itself since hell, everyone wants that. I do think you may be leading to the point that what FT's done with a "better position" hasn't been useful to town.

Hmmmm, this is a pretty agreeable case in a lot of ways, i'd like to see FT's responses to this. Right now i'm worried about people on the wagon though, We Thuggin is on it and I've been thinking he's scum, Nabe is on it and hell, Nabe is where my vote is on ATM, not a fan of Gorf and he's here, then there's also Rake who is the other main lynch candidate atm. Of course it's highly unlikely they are all scum, but a lot of them rub me the wrong way.

Unvote
As much as i'd like Nabe or Thuggin toDay, I don't believe I can get either of them so I need to think on this.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
dabuz I did not seriously think that anyone would hammer Sokr at that point. It occured to me that I could unvote but I felt that if I made it clear it was L-1, no-one was likely to hammer anyways. Obviously I did not count on Gorf and his complete disrespect for anything approaching good play. I like to think that giving people the opportunity to hammer someone is usually a good way to gather information but on this occasion I'm pretty much regretting the decision because I didn't want to lynch Sokr then, I just wanted a waggon to form and him to respond to it.

Rake it's like you're sitting here telling me you did something scummy but it's not a big deal.

And to make it perfectly clear, your vote toDay is textbook Rake scum. It's just like you did in (I forget which game) where you drop a vote at the beginning of the Day without any sort of explanation, case, or follow up, and just leave it there to see what happens.

Your shouting for a quicklynch is not something i'm familiar with you ever doing. But I find it hard to believe that it's something you would do as town, particularly with your claim that you were doing so 'for reactions' despite not thinking it through ('I didn't know what I was expecting'). It seems much easier to believe that you're just scum and you wanted that QL.
Kary, how important is meta in your scumread in Rake? Do you have some other points?

Also, do you get anything from Nabe and Gorf, who put Sokr at L-1 and hammered respectively? My perception is that you're yelling at Rake for his attitude of "someone hammer!" in the wagon but I don't recall you pursuing Nabe nor Gorf

Top Bottom