• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Lemme try.

My issue is that I feel that you have been playing with a specific agenda in mind. You've limited yourself to liking posts and making few posts up until now when it appears you're starting to get rolling. Dabuz sarcastically nailed in a point when he brought up the subject of your post that you had everyone believing it would be so much more, and on top of that, they are gut reads. Not just that but it was supposed to be a post that ends any real idea of a wagon to you because before you made the post asking for time, a wagon was starting to form towards you. Wouldn't you want to end all suspicion if you're wanting to clear yourself for the time being rather than continue to be vauge? You've been hinting at holding a PR with your attempts to stop the Rake wagon but your play has just seemed limiting, as if you have much more to offer but intentionally deciding to play vauge and transparent.

To summarize, my issue with you is I cannot tell what your agenda is but I am gathering that one exists. Your vagueness is confusing and complex because I just dunno where it is going, so it scares the **** outta me. Hope this is elaborate for ya.
I've never heard my play described more perfectly. Or heard anyone else discuss another player's "agenda" besides me.

If I flip town then what?
I'll be hardbodied within a page and a half. That's what happens on DGames when you're wrong. I have no game plan for that event. I'm not anticipating it. But PoE is already coming into play, so.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, how important is meta in your scumread in Rake? Do you have some other points?

Also, do you get anything from Nabe and Gorf, who put Sokr at L-1 and hammered respectively? My perception is that you're yelling at Rake for his attitude of "someone hammer!" in the wagon but I don't recall you pursuing Nabe nor Gorf
The point against Rake is that what he has been doing is scummy;

-shouting for a hammer
-trying to downplay the hammer as 'for reactions'
-voting FT but not following it up

Now, some players just act scummy all of the time. Scummy play doesn't necessarily mean the player's scum. Still, this stuff is worth investigating.
But the thing is, I know this is pretty out of character from a town Rake, which is why I think he's scum.

And I don't like Nabe or Gorf. They're both in the bottom half of my reads. Now, the reason i'm not pushing them is first, because I find it much more difficult to get content out of them, and as a result get a good read on them, and second, because I don't want to be pushing three things at once. I'm much happier to push this Rake waggon until i'm sure it has run out of steam. Now, I would lynch Nabe toDay, for instance, but I wouldn't be as happy about it.

ALSO HI RAKE
DID YOU POST YOUR READS YET
THANKS

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I've never heard my play described more perfectly. Or heard anyone else discuss another player's "agenda" besides me.

I'll be hardbodied within a page and a half. That's what happens on DGames when you're wrong. I have no game plan for that event. I'm not anticipating it. But PoE is already coming into play, so.
With the first thing, is that a good thing or bad thing that I described your playstyle and everything? Kinda confused with your reply lol.

Second part just has me thinking. I've got that doubt feeling after reading that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I should make another post since I'm here.

It's been my opinion for a while now that we thuggin / FT at the start of the Day was probably TvT, and if not then I'd expect it to be TvS with we thuggin as scum. Now this is not as an informed an opinion as it could be, because I definitely didn't read either slot as closely as I could have. But this has been my feeling and it's what's informed my pushes and my reads.

I really don't expect FT to flip scum, but I'm not completely aghast at the thought of their lynch. As AM says, it will give us a lot of information. Now, I don't think that having more connections from our flip is worth letting Rake get away, but despite my single-minded approach toDay i'm not against a compromise. My problem is principally that we already have a mislynch under our belts. If I acquiesce to the FT lynch and we have two mislynches to carry tomorrow, that leaves me with much less margin for error to work with. If this was D1 I probably wouldn't give a damn.

But I don't think I'm at the stage yet where I want to don full battle armour and go whiteknight the hell out of a slot. I think I'll save that for later. But what I do really want to see here is some reads, and some sort of plan going forward, from the people on the FT waggon. Who do you want to lynch tomorrow, both on a scumflip and a townflip. And the Day after that, as well. I think a little accountability here would go a long way, and set us up all the better for tomorrow.

SO HEY. I HEAR YOU'RE VOTING FT. ASSUMING THEY'RE LYNCHED, WHO ELSE DO YOU WANT ON A TOWNFLIP? ON A SCUMFLIP? THANK YOU.

Now, this is probably the sort of question it wouldn't hurt for everyone to answer. But i'm more concerned about the waggon than anything else.

And someone is probably going to look at this post and say 'hey Kary is supporting the FT waggon'. Well, yes and no. I don't plan on voting for them. But the fact is that I do not seem to be able to get Rake lynched toDay. And FT is a question that doesn't seem likely to go away. Could we just cop FT? I don't know. But at least if we lynch them, then tomorrow people will be more on board with what I want to push.

Still voting Rake, though.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
raz feread the role. he was a vig NOT a jailer

vote jerkus
fos dabdab
fa sho

idk what to make of rake btw. i was gonna type out some more but im pretty sure ill get a better handle on that slot with the way this dayphase looks to be shaping

feel like towns tiptoeing around a scumbag right now. need nabe/rake posts and jerkus to continue playing like scum for me to say anymore. some peopleve asked me **** but i dont care to answer them atm

wed prolly win this game if jerkus/dabdab/frito/rake/nabe all just died
this guy is still scum and needs to be killed before the end of the game. just thought town should be reminded

carry on
@soup (and actually, @everyone): This is why I think thuggin vs Circus is SvS. Pay attention.

First: Level of pressure. In the quotes showed, thuggin just says he wants Circus dead yet he does nothing to encourage this. No questions, no explanations, no direct invitations sent to other people to join on Circus... nothing. This is incredibly weak pressure.

Second: Basis of the mutual distrust Circus - Thuggin. Let's go back to D1, post-hammer, Circus appeared, finally. But what's he doing? Basically discussing with marshy about the direction PRs were receiving and wifom'ing about marshy meta, and suddenly, both want the opposite slot dead. Why?? What's the tell in all this, that they want each other dead the most?

Third: Timings are off. This one is the most important, so read carefully. The exchange thuggin - Circus happened after hammer in D1; in twilight phase, when both were already safe that Day. Circus wanted thuggin dead from that point, but up until the third quote, which was in page 23, 6 pages after D2 started, Circus had no relevant posts (in fact iirc he hasn't even made a post up to that point). Why is this telling? Because when D2 started, the thuggin wagon gained some momentum with me, Joey and dabuz, but then AM came, made this sort of alliance, and the wagon lost all momentum. Then 2nd and 3rd quotes came. Thuggin came back to "pressure" Circus only after AM made his alliance in which Circus barely was considered as a lynch option.

TLDR; Thuggin is pressuring Circus when it's super-safe, and Circus did nothing with his distaste on thuggin expressed in Twilight 1

--

Of course this is dependant on flips, but it should immediatly come into mind when thuggin inevitably flips scum either toDay or toMorrow, because there's no way that slot should get a pass into lylo - near lylo.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
Why is me being out of meta bad ?
A: it's not i just did it.

Dunno quite what i was expecting, someone to defend sokr mainly, no one really stepped in which was notable. or some sot of "no stop don't"
I guess, like, this just didn't phase anyone, but like, this ALONE is pretty damning on your part Rake my man! The fact that you took all the way until now to say this would make you quite the little ******* as town, but town wouldn't just say that. You left nothing to make us even consider that that was what you were thinking, man. I can pull up the posts that you made that led me to think the aggro wagon was going somewhere that wasn't a lynch. You were looking for somebody to hammer! Now, did I want Sokr dead? Absolutely man! Was I wrong about his alignment? Absolutely man! If you were to say something like that, I'd still probably be a fool, but now I gotta agree with Ryker that, even though it's unlikely (note: unlikely) that you're aligned with FT, you're scum man! No two ways about it brother!
Gorf is this still up?

Also, can you rephrase again what's the core of the observations made here? Want to check I'm getting it right

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
AggroMed, do you really believe that Ryu would take a chance at we thuggin' as scum? That's a main thing I've always been considering. It's too ballsy for Ryu as scum. I don't why you're not seeing this.
rajam has been the primary one pushing my slot
A lot actually. I think AggroMed is voting Frito for that reason, and for his own. I think he's concerned about marshy/gorf so he's letting this lynch go through to get a more solid read on him. I can't disagree with his methods because I'm really curious to see if marshy's bull-headed instinct is right along with Gorf.
then how bout you vote him?

feel like im missing something in this game. flow of this phase is off gotta meditate

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
Marshy, if there's an ounce of town in you, do not start with me.

Anyway, Crashboards did that thing it does and now I have plans. Town bros are Raz, Joey and my Sex Bob-Omb crew, fa show. Nabe can die, Rake can die. Haven't really read up enough I guess to understand where the Frito hate is coming from. I like AM, but that slot EXISTS to be town-leaning scum. Both heads are good at orchestrating while coming off sincere and noble. Keep eyes peeled.

i wish thuggin would just die, but I'm not certain he's scum.
Your D1 twilight exchange doesn't make it look like you had doubts. What was/is changing that security?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I mean, I find it funny that Rake is doing the exact same thing they accuse FT of (jumping on other wagons to save his own skin), but they're holding FT accountable and shouting Rake town for what seems to be no reason. Yay tunnelvision : D

In this Rake v Frito scenario, I'm going Rake 100%. I don't necessarily scum read him at this point, but I definitely feel that he's more scummy out of the two slots. I also still hate his day one play and his whole

I'd vote Gordito before I voted Frito. While I don't really like Frito's play this day overall, I definitely don't see any scummy intent. Of course he's going to go after Nabe. Nabe hasn't been playing and then people randomly jump on his push like it's baby jesus being born all over again. Of course he's going to go after Rake. It's a FT or Rake scenario at the moment, so why wouldn't he go after Rake? It's not scummy. Any townie would want to live so that we have a higher chance of hitting scum, especially after that **** lynch day one. Gordito has kind of been playing trashy the entire game, and saying "LOL I'M SO SCUMMY FOR THIS, RIGHT HAHAHAHA #420BLAZEIT" doesn't really make me want to keep him around any longer than we absolutely have to.

Also, both slots have called Marshy scum, and since it's a hydra, please ignore him trying to push all of the aggression onto one head. Ryu has stated that he doesn't like the slot, so it's obvious they're pushing together. Common sense is nice to have, isn't it, Marshy? Oh wait. :x

Kary town lean. I don't really see any scum intent lol.

Scary is a null read to me at this point lol. Need to re-read the slot.

RIP Circus.

Still like Dabuz. Still like Raziek.

We kind of lost our opportunity to lynch for reads. Not sure why people are trying to default to that instead of trying to find scum.

I'm honestly more focused on school than I am this game >_>. Mostly casually browsing while doing music therapy stuff.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
so rajam. jerkus is only scum if i am?
Nop. At this point only Joey comes close to fully 100% cleared, and maybe dabuz. But, your scumflip highly increases the chances for Circus. At this point I'm looking at you and Nabe as scum. I'm guessing three mafia, and third would be Circus. Still, deffinitely want you dying before Circus, because he's dependant on your flip meanwhile you're just scum on your own. If any of you (thuggin, Nabe) flips town, Gorf skyrockets to full the vacancy, and Rake raises a lot of places too. Basically I'm looking at you and Nabe with same priority, then 3rd place depends; if you flip scum, 3rd comes Jerkus; if any of you/Nabe fails, I'm looking at Gorf. Other slots would be reevaluated only in case of several reads proved wrong.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
The point against Rake is that what he has been doing is scummy;

-shouting for a hammer
-trying to downplay the hammer as 'for reactions'
-voting FT but not following it up

Now, some players just act scummy all of the time. Scummy play doesn't necessarily mean the player's scum. Still, this stuff is worth investigating.
But the thing is, I know this is pretty out of character from a town Rake, which is why I think he's scum.

And I don't like Nabe or Gorf. They're both in the bottom half of my reads. Now, the reason i'm not pushing them is first, because I find it much more difficult to get content out of them, and as a result get a good read on them, and second, because I don't want to be pushing three things at once. I'm much happier to push this Rake waggon until i'm sure it has run out of steam. Now, I would lynch Nabe toDay, for instance, but I wouldn't be as happy about it.

ALSO HI RAKE
DID YOU POST YOUR READS YET
THANKS
Hi kary

Scum / can be lynched:
-------------
FT
Nabe (less so i wanna pester him on stuffs)

Would be okay with going (nullish):
------------------------------------------------

Circus / Gorf(less so because d1 i still feel gut town on but he's become more and more null as the days progressed)

Wouldn't support / would oppose (town bros)
----------------------------------------------
Kary / Raz / Am (surprisingly) / Thuggin / Joey /Scary

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

oh throw dabuz on the tail end of my null reads, he's closer to null leaning town though after his response to AM

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

SO HEY. I HEAR YOU'RE VOTING FT. ASSUMING THEY'RE LYNCHED, WHO ELSE DO YOU WANT ON A TOWNFLIP? ON A SCUMFLIP? THANK .
compromise to nabe y/n ?

Frito Town: would pursue thuggin / gorf (gorf more because his d2 is hella dicey so far)
Frito scum: splashes of gorf / nabe / circus

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I mean, I find it funny that Rake is doing the exact same thing they accuse FT of (jumping on other wagons to save his own skin), but they're holding FT accountable and shouting Rake town for what seems to be no reason. Yay tunnelvision : D
I've only been on Ft all day are you smoking with gorf ?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Scum
FT
Nabe (less so i wanna pester him on stuffs)
???? The guy who has been jumping up and down about his dead-to-rights read on Frito and has relentlessly tunneled him? I don't think you're thinking straight if you actually believe this.

#HBC | ѕoup

rake your reads make no sense my jaw is on the floor right now

compromise to nabe y/n ?

Frito Town: would pursue thuggin / gorf (gorf more because his d2 is hella dicey so far)

uhhh what dude look at the wagon do you really think no seriously do you really thinki that nabe/gorf are aligned and openly bussing their own partner and like what why the **** does him flipping town change this what rake help me

#HBC | ѕoup

Nop. At this point only Joey comes close to fully 100% cleared, and maybe dabuz. But, your scumflip highly increases the chances for Circus. At this point I'm looking at you and Nabe as scum. I'm guessing three mafia, and third would be Circus. Still, deffinitely want you dying before Circus, because he's dependant on your flip meanwhile you're just scum on your own. If any of you (thuggin, Nabe) flips town, Gorf skyrockets to full the vacancy, and Rake raises a lot of places too. Basically I'm looking at you and Nabe with same priority, then 3rd place depends; if you flip scum, 3rd comes Jerkus; if any of you/Nabe fails, I'm looking at Gorf. Other slots would be reevaluated only in case of several reads proved wrong.

what the **** is going in this thread why is dabuz cleared

what is this nonsense going on right holy ****ing ****

#HBC | ѕoup

EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAYS THEY LIKE DABUZ I FEEL A PIECE OF MYSELF DIE I AM SLOWLY FADING AWAY

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

frito scum i'd be on gorf first, nabe of less concern, i think if gorf flipped scum i'd be okay with nabe maybe. I havent looked at thei interactions if they have any.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I think if ryu's a sinking ship and gorf sees that the thread is slowly moving away from me, he'd choose to bus ryu based on the small legwork he tried to get out earlier on without any follow up feels, I believe I actually quoted where gorf did this but i could prolly find it again, with the thread swinging towards ryu, coupled with nabe's white knight on me and AM's assertion my flip isn't the best for info, scum gorf would def bus his mate ryu imo especially with the work marshy put in against him.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Not to mention it'd prolly relieve some of the pressure off gorf. As many people seem to have doubts but no conviction right now to see himn lynched out

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

does that make sense or do you want more ?

I could quote what i mean with gorf's attitude towards ryu and why i think the two are intwined, but im kinda in the middle of studying for finals, I'd be glad to do it when I'm on a break though, unlikely my 4.3 gpa going to change much anyway haha

#HBC | ѕoup

I think if ryu's a sinking ship and gorf sees that the thread is slowly moving away from me, he'd choose to bus ryu based on the small legwork he tried to get out earlier on without any follow up feels, I believe I actually quoted where gorf did this but i could prolly find it again, with the thread swinging towards ryu, coupled with nabe's white knight on me and AM's assertion my flip isn't the best for info, scum gorf would def bus his mate ryu imo especially with the work marshy put in against him.
Frito Town: would pursue thuggin / gorf
??????????????????????????????????????????

????!?!?!??!?!

Rake. How does this make sense. Please tell me. Please. You...like Nabe if Frito is town?? Why?? But..if he's scum, he bussed??? but so did Gorf??? and apparently circus is involved??? But no, no, the bull**** just keeps stacking. You're telling me that if Frito is town, Thuggin and Gorf managed to tag-team and spearhead an innocent townie?? I think that's too obvious, honestly. I really..really..need to know more about this. Tell me why Nabe is off the map if Frito is town, but if he's scum he bussed him.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
gorf isnt scum stfu guys

soup ive had a theory in the back of my mind for awhile now. i fosed frito/dabdab early this dayphase and theyve been pushing nearly the same direction all game. dabuz is seriously like a mini me version of frito and i strongly feel theres something of value between them. theyve also been part of this weirdass trifecta with joey subtly reeling him into their pushes. i think joeys town and just misguided but i believe one of those two is working him or has been. i dont understand how you can dislike dabdab but not frito when fritos just a louder more active version. think about it

#HBC | ѕoup

gorf isnt scum stfu guys

soup ive had a theory in the back of my mind for awhile now. i fosed frito/dabdab early this dayphase and theyve been pushing nearly the same direction all game. dabuz is seriously like a mini me version of frito and i strongly feel theres something of value between them. theyve also been part of this weirdass trifecta with joey subtly reeling him into their pushes. i think joeys town and just misguided but i believe one of those two is working him or has been. i dont understand how you can dislike dabdab but not frito when fritos just a louder more active version. think about it

I'm really ticked off at the idea Rajam is stating how Dabuz is meta-clear and I'm interested in your theory, but Rake's recent thought process sends me in a ****ing loop. Consider me possibly there once I get it sorted out.

#HBC | ѕoup

I might just drop trying to defend Ryu because Rajam shows up and just makes it really hard to do so and frankly I'm getting thirsty for a lynch and tired of this ****ing phase

#HBC | ѕoup

you know the biggest ****ing problem with this day is that everyone is being stubborn and won't commit to a lynch and they want to play it all idealist and it's hard to get anything going because nobody considers the others argument and are leaning on their own opinion and you know guys mafia is a team game i've been ranting about dabuz and i basically got shafted with a bunch 'ur being too hard on him dabuz is meta-town!!!' and you know it just makes me really bitter and coming in here with the the same old ****(tm) is causing me to lose my patience

Top Bottom