• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You haven't posted regarding anyone except Rake. That is tunneling. I've tried to lighten the air. Now I'm trying a direct approach. Examine other players. You are making yourself hard to read.
The Rake train doesn't stop for lurkers like you. It doesn't stop because you're sitting around pretending you have a PR result.
If you don't want to talk about it then you're just going to have to deal with it.

Now if you're struggling to understand my play, i'm sorry to hear that. I will offer you a side of questions to answer just so you know I don't have the blinkers on. Feel free to explain:
-The reasons behind your Sokr vote yesterDay, putting him at L-1
-Why you voted Rake toDay but then switched to town-reading him.
-What about FT's play leads you to your scum read, which posts in particular.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
@ karebears earlier post

excuse me if it came off as saying a free pass but at least look at the direction from which his push came from and consider the other side of the coin. and you go head and tell me im not gonna convince ****** by shouting but thats how i roll and its worked for me in the past. i dont want what i say written off as "oh hes shouting **** outta hear" when theres CONTENT in my caps. why are you even telling me im not gonna convince them? stop killin my vibe man

i also dont care that you dont think fritos scum or others might think hes town. guess the **** what? dudes hands down the days best play and im not relenting. if i have to pull a the wall and scream at mother****ers for several dayphases to lynch scum then i WILL do that. how much reasoning did i give to lynch ****** in that game ( not including others weve played)? zero. cuz thats how i ball. and you "give me a choice" but last i checked this aint kingmaker. fritos wheres my heart at and ive made that clear through the case i made. i made a ****ing case. thats how you KNOW i give a **** about this ***** dyin. but mother****ers like you and raz wanna say stupidass **** like "thuggin be votin everywhere! hes just wagoning his life away! i dont trist his direction" man **** that. understand its twilight with a largely undecided town and im forced to compromise wit yall on ****** i think are secondary to who i want killed. so when i see momentum building towards who should REALLY die (frito. frito. frito. when im dead and youre in a later dayphase remember this ****ing post town. frito) then **** yeah im hoppin aboard leavin my vote then hoppin off pushin that ***** throughout the town yellin get yur free scumbag here

and :thumbsdown: @ 1130. no i dont remember a ****** vote he dropped at the begininng of the dayphase. the sites been going down often enough that im just tryin to push out every post i can during this timeframe that i dont consider that to be important. my mind sees an opportunity to off frito and i just go into predator mode

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Rake [4] - Kary, soup, Masquerain, Raziek
Friday Townie [4] - Rake, Nabe, Gorf, we thuggin
Nabe [3] - Scary, Friday Townie, dabuz

Aggressive Mediation [0]
Circus [0]
Scary [0]
Raziek [0]
Kary [0]
dabuz [0]

we thuggin [0]
Gorf [0]
soup [0]
Masquerain [0]

Not Voting: Circus, Aggressive Mediation

With 13 players alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline has been set for 11:59pm CST on Dec 7th.

Nabe, you continue to insist that Rake is Town. Why?

If you have a PR with Mod-confirmation proving this fact, then stop wasting our time and tell us, or we're going to go ahead and lynch him. You've already been blatantly obvious about it to the point that you should probably just hard claim it so we can move on with our lives.
That.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dabuz, Scary and Circus should post up to current if the DDoS doesn't keep them down.

AM I'd like to know where you head is at in terms of a lunch, you gave 5 mans but I'm not sure as of current where and why where you are as of right now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
They could certainly be scum together. But let's test half of that hypothesis by voting for Frito, rather than asking it as a weirdass question to put a patch over skimming.
If you think I'm asking because I want help developing my own reads on the slots then you must have a pretty low opinion of me. You didn't need to touch the question if you weren't actually interested in answering it. But I guess I have my answer from you.

@SOUP

Both. In my experience, Rake and Ryu tend to townread each other as town, regardless of the other's actual alignment. Seeing Ryu go against Rake makes me wonder if he's reeling from FE:A or what.

thuggin, do get at my last post when you get the chance.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm sorry, first time seeing the site in a few days. Been DDoS'ed into oblivion.

Can someone bring me up to speed while I attempt to catch up on the catch up I previously promised?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Forgive my delay thanks to DDoS and very serious yet stupid internal family issues. Quite annoyed with it lol.

AggroMed: why Frito now? What do you believe we learn with a Frito flip?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Or even sell me on why my slots being out to L-2, outside of Marshy I got nothing but guy reasoning on why we're being voted.

You're not gonna get Nabe unless he seriously missteps and you're highly unlikely to get Gorf. As for Rake, I don't think he gives us the most and I think you're more likely to flip scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't even, I really don't.

Can someone tell me why we are so scummy? Like really, I'm at a loss here and I really don't get it.

I really ****ing don't...

Was it what I did with Rage posting, if so I'm a hypocrite for chaticisibg Soup fir it in ither games, I've been leaking my stress.

Is it what Rajam posted? I just how is it different from other games. I don't see the difference?

Is it the Thuggin D1 vote? I still hate how reaching that was Marshy isn't an idiot he knows how to firm a read.

Is it me not playing to meta or gut? How?

...This is just like me in Lost...I don't get it all all.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Can someone bring me up to speed while I attempt to catch up on the catch up I previously promised?
karebear keeps pushing rake

me/soup try to body dabdab

lame people with no swag cockblock us

rake/nabe wagons gain steam

nabe becomes active and posting content laying down a vote on frito

me + gorf hop aboard

****** are like "im not lynching dabdab. im not lynching frito" but theyre being dumb deaf and blind

wagons get tied. the crowd is silent in anticipation

frito ates super hardbody

aggromed hops aboard the frito wagon cockblocking the inferior wagons

^ 110% accuracy of what had occurred during your absence

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
110% of me having finals to study for.

I can claim i guess, i mean i'm at l-2 so *shrug.

lemme know if ya'll want this

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@thuggin: no really, get to me about what went down on D1.

@Rake: Unless you have Night results you feel you need to out before death, don't bother. You'll sink or swim regardless of your claim. Also, you're not a shoe-in for the lynch yet. Would rather see you look outward instead of in. Who's scum?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
was reading for a second and caught up to this dabuns this is why i don't like you like i sound like a broken record now but you're stating dislike for Rake and then you just kinda ????? where did it go??? it
IIRC what you quoted here was part of my wall, specifically a question towards Rake?

again dabuns this literally went nowhere it's like you said it for no other than to pretend you have something going on where is that evaluation of rake and why did it never come to light and you just proxied your vote on nabe instead
Let's see, considering I am questioning Rake, you can't say i'm going no where with it. With that said, I wanted to look at Rake's posts (and still do) but crashboards kind of makes that really difficult.

I appreciate the honesty and conviction, but do you have any real reason to suspect Rake? Kid's town.

You have my reads. Reasoning:

Ryu -- innate knowledge within the fabric of my being
Rake -- guttown, I like his playstyle; the only reason I had interest in him was to straighten out a qualm
Gorf, Thug -- guttown
Joey -- obvtown
Soup -- meta townlean; he hasn't exploded emotionally over minor clashes of opinion, and I haven't seen any negative motivation in his posts
Kary -- meta townlean; working an angle on a case without obvious lurches in momentum that show across his standard scum play
AM -- could be scum, but not with Ryuscum; two players playing two different games at cross-purposes
Circus -- stark null
The rest -- secret
And this is the big post Nabe was planning to make! Behold everyone, look at that maybe 100 word post! / sarcasm

Alright dabuns, I read some of your wall. Dabuns, my main problem is the fact that I always have you to push you to do these things like write out your thought process or why you think something, when you should be doing it for your own fruition. You can explain and rant and bicker at me for reading your slot like it is but you've really set yourself in this predicament. I don't understand why you're not already top of things and I might be nitpicking you but I've been able to formulate a proper thought process from you in the past as town, but here you're really cluttered and I don't see what's going through your head. And then there is another thing that really bothers me. You're going out of your way to appeal to me to a great extent, to the point where you're writing walls just for me. Why? I mean, the obvious answer is because you want me to understand you, but you don't need to look at me like I'm your babysitter. I want you to do stuff on your own. Throw down a read-list. No clutter. No ****ty defenses. I think even if you're town you're trying way too hard to be a people pleaser and it's got you going out of whack. I know you're probably gonna yell at me and say 'well you just get mad or don't like when I don't play the way you want me to!!!' And that's not really a problem. Look at a slot like Joey who is universally town-read right now. He might be terribly wrong and he might not be the most active poster, but his thought process is easy to understand most of his posts seem believable and genuine, while yours do not.
*Shrugs*

How do you feel about him ?
Leaning scum. First off, I think I've said this before but i'll say it again, that hammer was bad...really REALLY bad. Past that, he's a weird slot. He has lots of posts which are useless and if you read my wall, you saw I pointed out something where I didn't like how Gorf said he didn't want the AM lynch yet he was pushing super hard and acted like he did. There are moments that are bad like that in his play. Then he has posts like this:
(878)
This is a very fair point and one of my concerns as well, but do you think that gorf was pushing it hard out of scum posturing even now, or could he have understood the intent to see a reaction ? That's how I remember feeling initially but I can see your perspective on feeling this way.
Before Gorf quicklynched you could have argued to see a reaction from his POV, but I think the QL lends more credit to scum posturing.

Pretend I'm a PR. Pretend I'm smart.

Vote for Ryu.
Rake is town. I'm being pretty ****ing transparent already.

Ryu is gutscum. I do not have the naked truth on my side, unlike with Rake. But I've never been wrong about Ryu before. Leap of faith? Crashboards will not permit more.

I don't hide or idle as scum. Snake-in-the-grass is my town play. If the time comes, everything I've said this game is something you will be perfectly comfortable with interpreting on your own and holding me to; you've done it before.

Don't play odds. Read the thread and put out some thought.

They could certainly be scum together. But let's test half of that hypothesis by voting for Frito, rather than asking it as a weirdass question to put a patch over skimming.

Marshy has pushed THREE DIFFERENT WAGONS in 3 pages!

How can you call that commitment to a scumread when he's ping-ponging like this and going "NAH THIS GUY'S SCUM. JK THIS GUY IS. NO WAIT FRITO IS."
Do you think Rake Scum = Thuggin scum?

What about if Rake flips town?

Do those reads apply if Thuggin flips first.

Hm.

Hard skimmed thoroughly read through pre-game and D1 and still don't really get the Sokr lynch. Thuggin, talk to me about why Sokr felt your fangs instead of frito or AM.

Trying to calculate the liklihood of thuggin and AM both being town and wrong about each other. Odds gotta be slim, right?

Open poll: Rake and Frito can be scum together y/n?
Doubtful they are scum together when they both pushed each other into the spotlights.

Explain AM and Thuggin more please.

Any thoughts on D2?

Also, someone explain what makes FT scum, cause i'm not seeing it.

AM, I asked you a question about your read on Joey a while back, mind answering that for me?

Let's hope I don't get crashboarded!

I was kinda hoping for more of a response but it seems that it's not gonna go there.

I wanna put this lynch in one of two places at the moment: Ruy and Circus. Ruy needs to die--more on that in a second--and Circus hasn't made good on his promise to be here and I want to put a bullet in his head for it. Crashboards is the only reason I'm trying to lynch Ruy over Circus. Yes, it would be killing an inactive but our vig is dead. We're gonna have to do that part ourselves from here on out if we can't read them.

Back to Frito.

Didn't like the Rake wagon. It's too easy in its own right. Kary bit on this right after the Sokr wagon completed and hasn't let go. Everyone has kinda said, "Rake's kinda scummy," ourselves included. He has played really badly and that's my issue--it's way too easy. It seems like a fall-guy at the absolute worse and any connections I had hoped would be there fell out the window when the general consensus reached the same conclusion.

But what bothered me the most is how quickly Frito and Thuggin dropped each other as soon as a third, powerful voice showed up in thread to draw attention away from each other. It made me think that one or both of them was blowing hot air and wanted to take the easy way out. I went back and examined both of them. Ruy really doesn't have anything substantial. The amount of hate he dropped onto thuggin for that lynch is stupid, especially when it came long after #531 (which is 100% Ruy), where he states he's not that mad about the Sokr lynch. Compare and contrast:

In retrospect don't care as much since I have been scum reading Sokr off his response to Soup, but there is a reason you ask for a claim. Because people can be wrong and having some info if he had any does help us if he were to flip town, I don't care for the "he's gonna flip scum" talk, Sokr could flip town and then what?

We also didn't need to end the day when Raziek and Circus have given us nothing thus far and we're in the dark on them. I don't ask for a claim and more info to troll Marshy, I do it because I play for the long game if it happens in case something goes wrong.
God damn it I hate all of you for this flip.

This is the same bull**** that happened in past game and no one learns why they lost.

Why the **** did you guys quick lynch when we haven't even passed 24 hrs into the day? Why the hell are people playing the anti town give no ****s style when town loses when it plays like this every damn time around here and no one tries to learn a damn thing when they do this over and over.

Everytime town does this it loses.

It's rare I get mad at a mafia game but gog damn it why did no one think for a damn second. I don't mind Marshy or co playing like they do but don't ****ing quick lynch like this when we don't know a damn thing about almost half the cast and not even a day has past.

Doc on Soup, do not deviate from this.

Cop on Thuggin or an inactive.

Vig on...oh wait we lynch that, derp de do.
link back

Thuggin's not even the person to be angry at for that lynch, or at least not the only one. Rake and Gorf were at least just as accountable, if not moreso, but after Day's end, through twilight, and into D2, he just rives a wave a hate. I think this is mostly because thuggin held him as a scumspect. A lot of his reasoning for thuggin, from what I've seen, is patchy as hell. As I've responded to almost anyone that has asked about our opinion on someone's interaction with our slot, I think thuggin's treatment of us before D2 is perfectly acceptable.

In addition, thuggin lays out his problems with Frito early in D2. Despite this, Ruy's most recent defense is "I don't understand!" when thuggin laid it out directly at the start of the phase. Our main problem with the slot lies in what it's not doing. Reading this game again, I haven't really seen where Frito has been scumhunting. Most of their interaction has been politicing and AtE.

For reference: thuggin's case on frito

Now, as I said originally, I said one or both of them was likely taking the easy way out. Looking back, I don't have a real problem with the way thuggin's treated Frito. I don't understand why he is getting all of the hate for D1. He called for the hammer but this is one of the least marshy-centric QLs I've ever seen on DGames. He's actually pretty clear with why he doesn't like Frito. His salient point is much the same as what we've noticed, in that what they're doing isn't primarily done to better town but rather to better their position.

So, yeh, we're voting Frito.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Rake said:
110% of me having finals to study for.

I can claim i guess, i mean i'm at l-2 so *shrug.

lemme know if ya'll want this
Well, like, seeing how you're not the play I don't see why you'd bother man! You have, like, a whole 'nother Day phase to think of a fake claim bro!

Ayyo Circus my man we got a steamin plate of lasagna over here on the frito wagon calling for your name my man, wanna join the higher ups if ya know what I mean ;)

Btw who was it that said that Ruy rageposts when he's scum? I'd LOVE for that guy to go meta crazy about his recent rage posts!

Oh and explain what makes this townie frito lovers:

Ruy said:
I don't even, I really don't.

Can someone tell me why we are so scummy? Like really, I'm at a loss here and I really don't get it.

I really ****ing don't...

Was it what I did with Rage posting, if so I'm a hypocrite for chaticisibg Soup fir it in ither games, I've been leaking my stress.

Is it what Rajam posted? I just how is it different from other games. I don't see the difference?

Is it the Thuggin D1 vote? I still hate how reaching that was Marshy isn't an idiot he knows how to firm a read.

Is it me not playing to meta or gut? How?

...This is just like me in Lost...I don't get it all all.
With a post like that he, like, MUST be town man!

I'm going to go down the WOOF WOOF lap dog of marshy route and give a nice, warm :thumbsdown: to Soup (if I interpreted your 1182 right, if not this doesn't apply to you man) and Joey. Probably Raz too but he hasn't said anything about it yet so benefit of the doubt till he cures me of doubt man! You've officially proven that your "stand up to the man" stance toward marshy was just because Aggro was there for you (guys) to (WAIT FOR IT!...) lap dog! Now, please take this opportunity to humbly take your head(s) out of your poo poo hole(s) and maybe, oh I don't know, take something that marshy says into consideration. Crazy thought coming here, but maybe he's got some merit to what he's putting out there man! Or better yet, how about we form the vote block 2.0! We can join forces man! We can block frito from ever voting again man! Sounds like a totally tubular plan man :)!

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
@thuggin: no really, get to me about what went down on D1.
yo how bout yu just vote frito and call it a day. to be honest i dont even remember why i voted that ***** dawg lol

i just wanna say that i cant believe me and aggromed actually agree. this is truly a rare occasion that oughta be celebrated by serving us fritos head on a silver platter

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I will offer you a side of questions to answer just so you know I don't have the blinkers on. Feel free to explain:
-The reasons behind your Sokr vote yesterDay, putting him at L-1
-Why you voted Rake toDay but then switched to town-reading him.
-What about FT's play leads you to your scum read, which posts in particular.
- In anticipation of Sokr posting for reads / other players posting in defense of Sokr for reads, and without consideration as to the possibility of Gorf quickhammering, but with the forethought that I wouldn't regret any Sokr flip for results therein. I had Sokr as flatly null, and would've voted the same way on Scary/Circus wagons at the time.
- Pressure with intent to read the pair of you. It benefited my reads very nicely. I assumed town would fall into an FT wagon given Marshy's push; had I known a Rake wagon would develop in lieu of FT support, I'd have left you to it and pushed FT instead.
- Every post written by Ryu and possibly some by Rajam, Crashboards permitting.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like that better.

Vote:Frito

Joey hammer me.

Don't let Gorf anywhere near Lylo.

Keep an eye on AM his day 2 reeks of letting town make the decision.

Cop Marshy if you haven't already.

Cop Nabe as a number 2.

Trust Soup, Dabuz, Joey over anyone else.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I like that better.

Vote:Frito

Joey hammer me.

Don't let Gorf anywhere near Lylo.

Keep an eye on AM his day 2 reeks of letting town make the decision.

Cop Marshy if you haven't already.

Cop Nabe as a number 2.

Trust Soup, Dabuz, Joey over anyone else.

No, do not ****ing give up. This doesn't help us if you're town and you're letting yourself get lynched at this point. I've been silently reading your reactions and I'm not ready to call you scum, nor have I ever. There's something familiar and something I can relate as to how you're reacting, and I've used meta on you before to justify my read on you, but I feel that you would play it more subtle as scum as I've noticed before. What I mean by this is that like in X1-12's game, you weren't nearly as active nor reliant to always state your opinion, and here, I think it's been fairly clear to notice where you're going, but you come off as scatterbrained sometimes. I want to believe that's just trying to make a genuine effort, but you're putting those efforts to waste by doing this.

Top Bottom