• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Channeling my inner Ruy here, but you mean how I disconnect you two? Because I don't consider that at all to be the case. Marshy' read on you is relevant and how he treated you. As is the reverse in how you went about addressing him. Or something like that?

Otherwise I see it as this,

you can be town or scum, but refuse to lynch on the pregame stuff. You choose to not post pregame, I'm ok with this I usually don't as well but somehow ended up posting a lot when I wanted to keep up with Rajam and keep us both up to date. I want you to post on relevant info pregame or not, pregame is past but it still holds info, you haven't delved that much into it but if you can keep more relevant info with the present, I'd be ok with it.

Marshy in turn, I don't get the read he has on you. He's trying to say you refusing to post and ignore the pregame pressure is scummy when I take it as null. His thought process doesn't jive with me when he admitted to me earlier when I asked him about the read on your vote ok Sokr, he said there was no tell so I'm taking his read came all from you saying, "nah u dudes wack!" I really find it hard to see him do that as town, Marshy while wanting to hardbody still has a seeable and readable thought process.

Marshy even when wearing the #HBC, has this as town. Otherwise he has an alternate motive to place his read and vote. Here it's like he is trying to put that face on, like he does #HBC but I don't see him putting the kind of read out with what was posted. I rely on a lot of Meta with Marshy because his style is amazing at keeping his readability regardless of alignment hard. Meta and me trying to see smaller things is how I try to see what his alignment is.

Here, it's even too much of a stretch for me to see him go through the steps he went to get there when he answered what I asked him and how he responded to me.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I feel like it's best described like:

If marshy's pressure and hbc and yolo and shouting has a purpose and a clear intent, he's town.

Otherwise lynch him
Which is it?

Do you have a read on Friday Townie at the moment?
What's your take on the back-and-forth between that slot and we thuggin'?

Nabe: which one of we thuggin / AggMed is scum?
This is on my mind, but I'll respond to you after I've heard back about the above.

god forbid i go against your terrible agenda and pursuit my own interests

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Do you have a read on Friday Townie at the moment? What's your take on the back-and-forth between that slot and we thuggin'?
I think it's a really interesting back & forth between the two.

I have a town lean on Friday. Honest scum hunting and has been showing town intent in just about everything they're doing. Really haven't been leaving many stones unturned while digging for info.

I am conflicted on thuggin because when I saw marshy in G3S, he was generally anti-town and scummy and of course he ended up flipping town which was almost mind-boggling to me. In this game, it feels kind of the same but he has also been more invested this game. I agree with Ruy about everything he said about marshy but I don't know how heavy to value Friday saying that he is putting up a facade so I'll at least keep it in mind.

If you told me I had to pick scum out of these two, it would be stupid hard based on marshy meta. I'll keep him as an "unsettled" null for now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oh no, I have no doubt that a wagon like this can be a scum magnet, I just don't think the leaders on it are scum. You can say "well Gorf and Scary jumping on it is weird" but I honestly have no indication of which way I could read them jumping on without seeing an extension of their play. Something like that can just as easily be "joke" or "scummy" and I wouldn't be able to read which way it leaned because there's absolutely nothing to push me in either of these directions.

That said, I am aware that there is a wagon on marshy at this moment in the game so I'll be looking into that. I don't think he's scum, as I can understand his intentions of wanting information out of slots, but chances are, I'm not thinking deep enough.

I'm in the same position as you are, though I don't know about Gorf and I think my read from pre-game is dissipating and I feel that he's kind of sidelining the whole situation now. Has he even voted thuggin'? Gorf, were you serious about lynching we thuggin' earlier? Who are your main targets right now?

I don't think he is either and I see more of his play wrt Walmart more than his scum play. Ruy is talking on about he's fabricating his read to push on you but I know for certain that marshy, regardless of alignment, would go hard on you. I don't have a definitive tell for discerning what's scum marshy and town marshy and I usually just let him play it out and either find myself agreeing with him or disagreeing with him, and leave it as that. I agree with Ryker that marshy should be the one who is copped however for this reason because he's a hard lynch and I don't think he will be the one to go despite Ruy and Joey's efforts. There are a lot of players who haven't even layed a vote down and there are plenty of avenues, and I feel like I mentioned earlier regarding the pressure on you, it's all going to turn into hot air. You stated interest in Sokr earlier, who else would you be willing to lynch D1? Marshy is aware of who marshy is so while Ruy's efforts are townie, they aren't necessarily what's needed.

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay, so talk to me about this. You suggested that Scary's jump onto my wagon was a little bit odd from your point of view. What gives you any indication that it's odd? Scary is new and Scary tends to be sheepy as a result, so seeing him blindly jump on a wagon that didn't even appear serious at the time (because even I didn't think it was) doesn't read much.

I don't even remember Sokr's presence in pre-game.

So why are you defaulting to them? Do you think everyone involved in my wagon (outside of Scary) was town?
It's odd because I feel that his joking manner was just a way to fit in. Even now, he hasn't really responded to my vote or even my accusations against him. An ignorant townie unconcerned or a scummer who just doesn't want to face the music? Rake was going on about how he played like this in a previous town-game and as much as I'd like to lean on his judgment, I have my own. In my head right now I have it between Dabuns/Scary/Sokr but implying all 3 are scum is absolutely ridiculous and I don't believe it's the case. I think Sokr town-reading Scary for no reason at all holds merit however. Do you agree?

Not necessarily. I don't think they're worth pushing as they've been generally active but I'm more stronger on players like Ruy/Rake for being town than I am from Gorf/Thuggin.

Both of you are pretty close to Raz. Any beat on him so far?

#HBC | ѕoup

...No, I want a serious answer.

I'm not sure yet, right now there could be a connection to be made but i'm really just wanting to know where and why we thuggin's head is at regarding the slot period.

I didn't really go into this game with a plan outside ask questions about things that stand out to me negatively, see where it goes, interpret if it's a good, bad, or null. For conclusion sake, I don't really see the point of bringing some stuff up if the conclusion really doesn't lead anywhere. Like I could tell you I concluded my concern of Rake's pressure is gone after talking to him a bit more but it still leads me to null, does that help town? Probably not, I try to only bring up things I feel are relevant. I sometimes have thoughts or suspicions on players but it's half baked until I get to read and analyze more and it's really not gonna help to town to blurt out those half baked thoughts, in a lot of ways I approach this game the complete opposite of Rake.

I doubt marshy will tell you anything. He might say something later if it becomes important but marshy really does play his own game most of the time. It's why I'm taking all this with a grain of salt. Do I disagree with marshy's reasons and his push? Yes. Do I disagree with his methods and how he is pursuing it? That I'm not sure. Like I said to AggroMed, I'm feeling more of Walmart vibe from marshy. Tell me what you think of my analysis of marshy outside of the accusations already presented and if you see the same similarities in his play from Walmart. You were in that game.

It does help town. Never get scared about speaking your mind. I would definitely be able to read you better if you were more open with your thoughts. Are you scared of being wrong or something? I just don't see the reason to play so vaguely only if you weren't certain about something but that doesn't seem to be the case because you seem confident in some things and less in others. You've just told me that you concluded on Rake, why couldn't you just say that earlier? I can't make you change your style or force you to do all these things, but I think it would help. Bolded, I guess I was right about my previous assumption about you, but I shouldn't have to drag these things out of you. This doesn't really change my opinion on you that much to be honest.

Tell me your read on Scary?

#HBC | ѕoup

I kinda like Nabe right now???? I want to like him. He's playing like typical Nabe but he brought up a good point wrt Rake describing marshy's style because how is this not the same thing as what rake mentioned?? I see no difference at all and that's why I'm having such a hard swallowing that marshy could be scum.

(I hope Nabe senpai notices me today)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Honestly I would get the whole "why immediately react to a person that votes you" jig if I started to go immediately after you soup. I kinda did that to people who voted me in the first three games I played and caught hell in each so I decided for game four, I would just ignore it until it became something bad.

Savvy?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
It's odd because I feel that his joking manner was just a way to fit in. Even now, he hasn't really responded to my vote or even my accusations against him. An ignorant townie unconcerned or a scummer who just doesn't want to face the music? Rake was going on about how he played like this in a previous town-game and as much as I'd like to lean on his judgment, I have my own. In my head right now I have it between Dabuns/Scary/Sokr but implying all 3 are scum is absolutely ridiculous and I don't believe it's the case. I think Sokr town-reading Scary for no reason at all holds merit however. Do you agree?

Not necessarily. I don't think they're worth pushing as they've been generally active but I'm more stronger on players like Ruy/Rake for being town than I am from Gorf/Thuggin.

Both of you are pretty close to Raz. Any beat on him so far?
Ignorant townie imo. Just read gs34 and you'll see that it's just too similar to be faked.

#HBC | ѕoup

Honestly I would get the whole "why immediately react to a person that votes you" jig if I started to go immediately after you soup. I kinda did that to people who voted me in the first three games I played and caught hell in each so I decided for game four, I would just ignore it until it became something bad.

Savvy?

I'll look into what you're saying but I just don't really understand why you feel it's not important to answer me or at least alleviate my worries about you. I notice you doing your own thing but I can't help but feel I'm being ignored.

#HBC | ѕoup

*grumble grumble*

Scary probably isn't going to care if I keep my vote on him at this point but I still want more for him before I switch over to Sokr.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Yo scary, remember when Ryu asked you in gs3 to elaborate on **** even if you fee like its' rambling just to get your feels out ?

Do that again as sson as ya can :D

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'll look into what you're saying but I just don't really understand why you feel it's not important to answer me or at least alleviate my worries about you. I notice you doing your own thing but I can't help but feel I'm being ignored.
I suppose I'll start off by asking if you don't mind, what's triggering you on scum-reading me? I actually understand the correlation between me and thuggin' that's being created from our interactions but you must see that it was purely done in a joking manner. There's already been a few references to that previous game and all that's been made of it are a few jokes. I have only chosen to ignore you because when I have answered to votes before, it has blown up in my face and takes away from other interactions that I think will have more merit (Sokr I'm looking at that weird read)

Did I do something I haven't realized yet?

Yo scary, remember when Ryu asked you in gs3 to elaborate on **** even if you fee like its' rambling just to get your feels out ?

Do that again as sson as ya can :D
That's hard and it takes a little bit. Gonna get there though.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This quote was directed at Soup

I'm not seeing how you have Soup town read when you berated him in the above quote.
Good play =/= town. I'm not townreading soup based on his vote.

I only mentioned his vote because I was talking to we thuggin (#369), but then soup wanted to know about it, so I told him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Nabe: which one of we thuggin / AggMed is scum?
This is on my mind, but I'll respond to you after I've heard back about the above.
ok...

Is there some reason it has to be dichotomized?
Now you're thinking about it. Well, thinking about the question, anyways.

Of course there's no reason why one of them has to be scum. They could both be scum. Personally, I have a hunch that at least one of them is scum.

But tell me your thoughts; are either of them scum? What's your read on their plays so far?

#HBC | ѕoup

I suppose I'll start off by asking if you don't mind, what's triggering you on scum-reading me? I actually understand the correlation between me and thuggin' that's being created from our interactions but you must see that it was purely done in a joking manner. There's already been a few references to that previous game and all that's been made of it are a few jokes. I have only chosen to ignore you because when I have answered to votes before, it has blown up in my face and takes away from other interactions that I think will have more merit (Sokr I'm looking at that weird read)

Did I do something I haven't realized yet?

That's hard and it takes a little bit. Gonna get there though.

I've stated my reasoning and most of it does boil down to your joking attitude and more importantly I feel that's just a way for you try to blend in. I will say however you responding to me in the way you did with such blunt honesty and innocence is severely making me doubt myself :I BUT BUT scary could you tell me how you're reading sokr right now and what you think about the wagon starting to form on him?

unvote

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I've stated my reasoning and most of it does boil down to your joking attitude and more importantly I feel that's just a way for you try to blend in. I will say however you responding to me in the way you did with such blunt honesty and innocence is severely making me doubt myself :I BUT BUT scary could you tell me how you're reading sokr right now and what you think about the wagon starting to form on him?

unvote
Really concerned with the post that you also thought awfully about. I really want to know what the intent was with that post. I reiterate the idea of his town read with me, in comparison with everyone else that has been playing I've posted relatively little content. It's even made me reread my own posts just for the sake of checking.

Call this a wild idea but I feel like him dragging me as his town read creates a possible out for him since it allows attention to head towards me based on his explanations.

Tack that onto his general play thus far and being disconnected from the game as well as his interactions with you soup, I dislike it and throw down a scum lean label for now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The only thing I disliked was your vote on AggroMed as I felt you were just trying to fit in and try to merely fit in by your joking manner which I believe I've restated many times before.

...This was easier than I thought it was going to be. Thank you for being cooperative Scary.

Vote: Sokr

#HBC | ѕoup

Hey Kary any idea who you're thinking as mates to Sokr if he flips scum because I'm being stubborn about scary and I still find how Sokr town-read scary like that was weird but it might have just been him just trying to fit in as most people iirc town-read him idk

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I almost feel like saying if sokr is scum that makes me feel dicier about AM.
I don't equate sokr's scum play with bravery so him targetting ryker even in jest seems off

Top Bottom