• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi is broken

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I'm serious. He's a broken character. The only reason people are picking Snake and Metaknight over him is the novelty. One is a killer agent, the other is a very small killer agent. They're both good and they look better then the Italian plumber.

Luigi is a bull**** character. His hitboxes are ridiculous. His up-smash has the same hitbox as Snake's uptilt, only Luigi gets the added bonus of sliding across the stage while he charges it so that you can't airdodge it. Same goes for his down-smash. Since when do his feet hit the space two feet past them? His neutral air is total bull****. It cancels out projectiles and has a hitbox WAY outside the actual animation, not to mention it's a KO move. The hitbox on every move he has is ridiculous, especially his side-tilt. Even worse, he can chain them over and over again. If you get hit once, he can combo you straight to 60 percent. Forget trying to airdodge it, the new physics allow him to just keep hitting you over and over again regardless of how fast you try to dodge.

His recovery? Absolutely ****ing broken. He might as well be up there with Metaknight. His down-b skyrockets him up through the stage even better then MK's tornado, then he gets to use his side-b that turns him into a flaming rocket of death approximately 2/3 uses. Then he gets a 3rd move, his up+b, to send him right back on to the stage whenever he **** well pleases. Absolute bullcrap.

Oh, and his up+b? It's horse****. It's so easy to do this time around that Luigi could do it in his ****ing sleep. Missed a grab? That's a fire uppercut. Got jabbed by Luigi? Combo'd into fire uppercut. Did Luigi shield your neutral air? HEY THAT'S WORTH A FIRE UPPERCUT! Who needs to shield-grab when you can kill them at 55% instead?

Luigi should be banned. End of story.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
****ing rediculuoos man. i'm ****ed up but still knw that you full of crap lo,l/ h's not broken dude. he's got a lot of bad match-up sagainst top tier characters man. dude like seriously wtf lol.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
And he has that stupidly powerful dair spike, too! D:

All he needs is a spammable projectile an-

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Well not exactly broken.

If he kept the power of his FAir from Melee, then he'd be broken, yes. :S

VEC

Smash Journeyman
HE GETS ***** BY SOOOO MANY CHARS, and his recovery is abusable you ****ing ******, GTFO

he prob plays MK

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
As an Ice Climber main.... I concur... >______> He's totally broken. Ban him
and snake
and metaknight
and rob
and Pit
and....

SOVAman

Smash Hero
His recovery is not broken at all it is very easily counterable and his up B if he doesn't grab the edge from the bottom of the edge he will probably get smashed.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Don't just try and escape blame by pointing at MK and saying, "SEE?! HES BROKEN TOO!" That's not the issue. He's more infamous because he's more popular. Luigi is still just as overpowered. If you get spiked during your down+b recovery, then you just used it to close to the stage and are a bad luigi.

If Luigi isn't that great, explain why he's ranked number one in the Washington Power Ranking.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace

That's like saying Mario is broken cuz Eggz uses him :|
Refuting the wrong point. You guys say that Luigi isn't that great and has a lot of bad matchups, I'm saying he doesn't by pointing out that he's the number one character in Washington. Because he is the best, regardless of which pro player uses him.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Refuting the wrong point. You guys say that Luigi isn't that great and has a lot of bad matchups, I'm saying he doesn't by pointing out that he's the number one character in Washington. Because he is the best, regardless of which pro player uses him.
And snake isn't everywhere else?

TheMann

Smash Ace
Lol Luigi isn't broken but he's WAY better than most ppl think. I've surprised so many metaknights by beating them with luigi. I'm glad he's underrated too. Cuz that allows me to surprise my opponents.

Eten

Smash Ace
Well I think for most grabs he's on the mark, but I don't see jab to firejumppunch always working, but as for shielding a nair and whatnot that depends on if you are doing an up-B directly out of your shield or if you are dropping your shield first then up-Bing, and if there was any powershielding or sliding involved.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You're calling Luigi broken? FIRE UPPERCUT!
And by the way, that sliding that Luigi is always doing can really screw you up man. Sometimes it rocks, other times its like "I'm running, going to turn around...okay...still trying to turn around...still trying...I'm sliding, but it appears I'm doing the animation in which I should already be running in the opposite direction but I'm not...alright I just got smashed" Also he experiences lag when his head hits the stage leaving him wide open for an attack. (sometimes meaning death) Also characters like Link can shoot arrows at Luigi when he tries to recover with his side-b (green missile) the move is canceled, you fall, you try again, gets canceled again...so basically you haven't gone anywhere and you're still completely away from the stage and your upB just isn't gonna cut it.

M@v

Subarashii!
Only broken character is snake for many reasons, mainly because his utilt and ftilt can hit even though is no physical contact. Another thing is his recovery's super armor frames, which is just plain stupid. Metaknight isn't broken, hes just a really, REALLY good character.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Uh... Does one of your friends main as Luigi or something? Luigi's far from broken. Seriously, if there was even an ounce of cheapness in his Italian body he'd be as popular as Snake or Metaknight.

Seriously, all you have to do is learn his moves and Powershield them. Of course this can be said about any character. With that in mind I'm pretty sure you'd be complaining regardless of what character you're being beaten by. That being the case I think it just means that you're being beaten by someone better then you.

Who do you play as anyway? I mean it could also be that you're trying to beat him with Ivesaur or Crapt. Falcon or something.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Dude, the Falcon owns. You obviously don't know what you're talking about so I can ignore your post.

whoami111

Smash Rookie
luigi is not broken, he still has his craptastic weakness which has gotten worse since he lost his strong fair. I mean seriously, he takes a billion years to fall down to the ground. plus, he slides alot and his recovery is still poor compare to most characters.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
The sliding is great. It's practically a wavedash the way you can slide halfway across FD while charging up your Upsmash.

And his weakness doesn't matter. Like Metaknight, he can chain his aerials over and over again and build damage so ****ing fast. He has plenty of kill moves (any smash attack, up+b)

Danzor

Smash Rookie
I hate people who call characters broken. Calling Luigi broken? That's just too far. I mean, there are other characters more "broken" than Luigi. So you must hate them all. Stop complaining and just build a strategy to beat them.
I play a Pikachu player about everyday, and he always creates a thunder in front of me while I'm doing the missle to recover. It just goes in a line. It's not that hard to figure out where it's going then counter it. Unless, of course, Luigi explodes...
Also, I'm not calling Pikachu broken are anything.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is much better than people know, in melee he was very ignored and when you played one you didn't know what to expect and then you got this crazy priority and air game. Now in Brawl all these new characters steal the limelight even more and now the majority has it in thier minds that Snake and MK are the most powerful(Or broken as you would put it =/) characters. Today I surfed through a couple character specific threads and I found one in particular in the G&W thread where some guy was saying G&W was broken and while surfing through that topic people were naming all these other characters and stating how they were broken, and they displayed thier point in a proper manner.

But my main point which I took awhile to get to with all this background stuff is that it seems like almost every character has been called broken at one point or another and I think we are starting to confuse the word broken with a character's advantage. Each character has a trait which makes them special and gives them an edge and if a player can utilize it in the proper way, they will win. No one is broken...just find a way to get around what your opponent is doing instead of walking into a losing match.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
To clear things up a little I'm the Luigi player he is pissed off about. We are about the only two competetive players in all of North Idaho, but that is not the point. I have mained Luigi since the good ole 64 version, and I have to say there is no way he is broken in Brawl. Luigi is a fricking amazing character, but he takes a crap load of work to get good with. Honestly, he deserves high tier IMO, but the only thing holding him back is his tourny rankings. I wish I had the opportunity to play more tournies, but since I'm isolated up here there isn't much room for improvement on my game without playing other people. I think Luigi is better than Lucario, has excellent match ups (besides MK), and I honestly think he should have a blue check against Snake. His priority is brutal, and all aspects of his game are above average. He is hard to combo, and he has a reliable projectile and decent recovery. He should be right above Diddy IMHO.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Who cares about tier...I'd feel much prouder beating a "high tier" with a low tier. =P

Besides we don't want mobs of people playing Luigi.

Top Bottom