• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Ditto Ladder 2009 (ALWAYS OPEN)

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Luigi Ditto Ladder

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Short Intro
2. Current News
3. Current Rankings
4. Rules

SHORT INTRO: The Luigi Ditto Ladder is a small Luigi Board based online ladder built for Luigi mainers but open to anyone. Rankings on the ladder are based on points. The more points the person you beat had compared to you, the more points you earn. Matches aren't scheduled; instead, you challenge anyone you want and wait for their acceptance. The results get reported here and I updated the scores and ranking list.

How do you find other players to challenge and chat? Hopefully they'll all be here: Luigi Boards xat Chat

CURRENT NEWS: Sat, June 20th. We're off to a good start. I just noticed there's no where on here that says it's open to any new entrants; but it is. If you want to join, just post your Tag and Non-Luigi Secondary Char, plus make sure your Brawl FC is in your profile. It's definetly not too late to join since this will always be open. The points are all still under 20, so catching up is still easy... or you could just beat someone with lots of points to win even more points yourself.

Be sure to check out the Luigi Boards xat Chat to find challengers too. Good luck to all of you!

CURRENT RANKINGS
  1. 27 points WIGI "WiGi" (G&W) - 1633-3867-0816 Last Match: elheber
  2. 22 points yoshq "YoshQ" (Fox) - 2535-9035-4093 Last Match: KoRoBe
  3. 19 points hippiedude92 "Hippie" (Marth) - 1246-9566-4759 Last Match: chic
  4. 17 points solidxgeo "Geo" (Mario) - 4983-5293-3516 Last Match: WIGI
  5. 16 points chic "chic" (Mario) - 1891-4097-3424 Last Match: elheber
    16 points elheber "WiiGi" (Lucas) - 4511-1664-0579 Last Match: Tennet
  6. 9 points KoRoBeNiKi "F5KoR" (Marth) - 1934-3901-4627 Last Match: yoshq
  7. 6 points Shadowfirex100 "SDWFE" (CF) - 1676-3494-0066 Last Match: REV
    6 points Teneban "¤TreK" (Diddy) - 2406-6637-8150 Last Match: WIGI
  8. 3 points HURRICANE REV "Rev" (Link) - 4725-9427-1206 Last Match: Shadowfirex100
  9. 2 points locuan128 "Lcuan" (MK) - 4382-2026-4574 Last Match: WIGI
  10. 1 points Icyo "MrOwl" (Sheik) - 4124-4677-8884 Last Match: KoRoBeNiKi
    1 points ScAtt77 "ScAtt" (Snake) - 2578-2781-8870 Last Match: hippiedude
    1 points Yonder "Ingle" (G&W) - 3652-0274-9480 Last Match: yoshq
    1 points Lew "Lew" (Marth) - 4725-7638-3068 Last Match: elheber
    1 points Tennet "10et" (Marth) - 4812-4730-0878 Last Match: elheber
  11. 0 points P___ "P" (R.O.B.) - 5155-2609-5520 Last Match: Noone
    0 points JayDeath "JYDTH" (Olimar) - 0301-9474-4529 Last Match: Noone
    0 points Atash "Atash" (Marth) - 2707-1415-2728 Last Match: Noone
    0 points zen1 "Zen" (Peach) - 3007-9729-9519 Last Match: Noone
    0 points kigbariom "Kig" (Link) - 3351-6046-3111 Last Match: Noone
    0 points wbkm16 "CHPN" (Wolf) - 4253-3241-6690 Last Match: Noone

RULES
  • Contestants are ranked on a point system starting at 0 points each.
  • Each contestant is in charge of finding and challenging another contestant on their own.
  • Contestants can challenge any other contestant except the last one either played.
  • 3-Stock. Neutral and Counterpick Stages only, luck of the draw. No Items.
  • Stock, Stages, and/or Item rules can be changed for the match if both players agree beforehand.
  • Each set is Best of 3.
  • If the winner of the Best of 3 continues to play (as Luigi), he's extending it to Best of 5.
  • First match MUST be Luigi vs. Luigi.
  • For each consecutive match, the winner of the previous match MUST play as Luigi.
  • On the other hand, the loser of the previous match may choose between Luigi or his secondary.
  • It's the winner's responsibility to report his win in this thread.
  • Winning a set adds 5 Points + (Loser's Points - Winner's Points) / 2, Rounded Up, Minimum 2 Points.
  • Losing a set still adds 1 Point.
  • NEW: Extra Rules ("Special Rulsets") can be agreed upon by both players before a set begins, becoming valid and enforcable, as long as they don't conflict with the above rules. See the post below.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
SPECIAL RULESETS

This section will contain special rules written by contestants. Each of these "rulesets" will have a name, making it easier to describe what rules you'd like to play with your challenger/challengee if he agrees. If you'd like to add one here, post it in this thread and I'll add it.

elheber's Classic LDL Ruleset
Basicly turns LDL into last year's LDL08 where only Luigi was playable.
  • The loser of the previous match must choose Luigi.
  • Frantic ducking at the beginning of the match means this is an official match and not practice.
  • Only one person "franticly ducking" is needed to make it an official match.

WiGi's Stage Ban and CP Ruleset
A simple stage ban and counterpick system where both players announce their bans and CPs before the games even begin.
  • Each player announces 1 stage ban and 1 stage counterpick before the first game even begins.
  • Both players choose the CP of the loser of the first match.
  • If there's a third match, both players choose the CP of the loser of the second match.
  • Anything goes after that in a Bo5.

MATCH RESULTS LOG

This section contains the results of the matches in the order they were reported and therefore calculated. With this, points can be calculated all the way from the beginning and will aid in catching any discrepancies I may make while calculating scores. In other words, you can double check my math with this.

Teneban>elheber; WIGI>elheber; elheber>REV; WIGI>REV; Shadowfirex>REV; KoRoBe>Icyo; chic>KoRoBe; KoRoBe>locuan; WIGI>Teneban; WIGI>elhber; WIGI>locuan; yoshq>chic; hippie>ScAtt; hippie>elheber; YoshQ>hippie; YoshQ>solidxgeo; WIGI>YoshQ; hippie>solidxgeo; hippie>chic; WIGI>chic; YoshQ>Yonder; solidxgeo>WIGI; WIGI>elheber; hippie>elheber; chic>elheber; YoshQ>elheber; YoshQ>KoRoBe; elheber>Lew; elheber>Tennet;

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I had this exact same format in mind, good **** elheb.

Actually, a crazy idea would be to try and get more Marths and MKs in on this, so we could learn more on the hardest matchups.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'd love to be in this but being from australia the lag would be unbearable on you guys, also the time zones would be annoying too.

I MUST PLAY YOU GUYS AT GENESIS!!!

TreK

Is "that guy"
i'm ok for this
secondary-> diddy (YE I'M MAD :o)

will we use the luigi boards chatroom or pms ?

WIGI

Smash Champion
the simple luigi ladder did wonders for the luigi comunity.

we have lots of new people ehre i think you guys can learn alot again.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Yar, if you want to join, you have to tell me your online Tag and your secondary. The closest anyone here got to join was Teneban go told me his secondary (Diddy) but I still need your online tag.

Hurry peoples, I'd like to add everyone who wants to join in asap to make things go smoothly.

Also, AiB doesn't have a Luigi Ditto Ladder hippie... the key word is "Luigi". Also, I don't mind the lag that much. It's not like when two people battle from far away only one of them will feel lag. At least it's fair and even.

So, all you guys who want to join and thought you did with your post, please give me your online tag and your secondary for this LDL09.

Icyo

Smash Ace
MrOwl (Sheik) - 4124-4677-8884

You should do FC's too so we just do a little challenge

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I forgot to add the FCs... we know kigbariom's gonna be changing Wii often, plus people should have to search for user profiles.

Also, I added the xat Chat link near the intro.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So this means my awful Luigi can lose first round and my secondary can with the other two?

WIGI

Smash Champion
WiGi- Luigi (luigi)

uhmm im not really sure who my second would be...cuz i never really use them. but if i were to it would be wario or maybey g+w?

but ive only evenr used luigi in tourney play. im a true luigi main. b!tches.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
So this means my awful Luigi can lose first round and my secondary can with the other two?
No, not really, if you won the second match with your secondary you'd need to play as Luigi the third match for winning the second. But at the very least this means you only need to win with your awful Luigi once. If it were like last year, where it was Luigi only, you'd be in deep crap.

Remember, it's Best of 3 unless the winner continues playing as Luigi for an extra game... in which case the winner is turning it into a Best of 5 just for ****'s sake. Just don't turn it into a Bo5 and you're golden.

TreK

Is "that guy"
sorry for my tag.
¤TreK - 2406-6637-8150 - secondary-> Diddy Kong

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Even though luigi dittos online are stupid, ill join :p

F5 KoRoBeNiKi-
1934-3901-4627
Tag: F5KoR

Secondary: Most likely GaW.....but it could be others....Lol

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Also, AiB doesn't have a Luigi Ditto Ladder hippie... the key word is "Luigi". Also, I don't mind the lag that much. It's not like when two people battle from far away only one of them will feel lag. At least it's fair and even.

Lol, I meant Aib because it has a useful chat room but after I read the XAT part, I take back on my post since it's actually harder to communicate through just gay posting for a cp and what not. Also, if your offline wh0re and if your playing from EC to WC, you'll feel the difference alright. just sayin;

Yeah I guess I'm in. Me and Chic have the most experience and know Luigi dittos from the back of our heads since we do luigi dittos on wifi ever since brawl release lol.

Tag: Hippy
Main: luigi
Secondary: Mario,Marth,Snake, ZSS, and uh many of the lol characters on the roster.
FC: 1246 9566 4759

edit: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND putting up a state next to our name or something. Knowing someone's state is usually helpful for lag purposes since some of us can barely handle people like from other countries what not.

might be gay but i propose the CP process and striking of neutrals process. idk why

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Only one secondary. Who do you want?

I'll consider putting up the state/country next to everyone's FC. The thing wouldn't be very easy to read if I keep adding things, though... and then I'll have to ask about locations too for those that don't have it in their profile. Lemme see what I can do.

hippiedude92 said:
might be gay but i propose the CP process and striking of neutrals process. idk why
I know why... you can't live without AiB. Other than the non-mandatory Luigi xat Chat, we have not other way of having real time communication with our challengers/challengees. How would you propose a working CP and stage elimination system?

It used to be called the SIMPLE Luigi Ladder ("SIMPLE" was ALLCAPS) so you can see I don't like making things complex. If you have a good system that doesn't require any actual talking, I might be down for it.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Tag: Lcuan (Locuan)
Main: Luigi
Secondary: Meta Knight, Peach.
FC: (will post later, have two FC's that I will use...)

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Tag: Kig
Main: Luigi
Secondary: Super Luigi
FC: Subject to change very often. I will show mine at the match :\

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol it's because l live off tourney***ging and aib-***ging don't hate. you could take out the neutral striking system though. but if you want it simple then go right ahead. Though i've made it sound like we're fighting for a million dollars on the line. idk i think i'm high on weed or something lawl.

I was assuming everyone would challenge others by going to XAT since the xat is really useful. But eh. At least cps would help. I wanna see what other luigis excel on, on other stages.

if your lazy, when your picking chars, you could just write the initials of your cp under your name tag and they'll read it and pick the stage xD. that's what some do in AiB.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Considering that I'm an offline 'wh0re' (yeah... Hippie, you just made me sad >_< ), I'm not looking to do particularly well. Regardless...

Tag: Atash
FC: 2707-1415-2728
Secondary: Marth

I've never played Marth seriously before, so get ready for much F-air spamming in both assaulting and retreating directions. This is just so we have a Marth and an MK to take a certain someones suggestion somewhat seriously (consonance for the winz!).

TreK

Is "that guy"
Will people actually use their secondary? Lawl.
I will too
I'm way better at Diddy vs Luigi than at Luigi dittos actually
And if that doesn't work as expected, I'll man up and use weeg all the way :o

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Can you change the secondary in the future? Or do you have to use them through out the whole ladder.

zen1 "Zen" (Peach) 3007-9729-9519

Top Bottom