• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Buffering Applications ((MINDGAMES UPDATE))

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I start with an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt53flmF2m0

A great match from Boss that shows some Buffering Shorthopped Dairs, i don't remember the times, but you will want to watch the whole thing anyway ;].

If you watch the video, you basically see Boss shorthopping a dair, hitting the shield button (usually L or R) and quickly shorthopping into another aerial. I use Brawl's buffering system; a button input system that allows you to do different moves while in the animation of a move already. I'll explain this in application...

Luigi does a Shorthopped Dair and immediately does an air dodge right before he hits the ground. When he does this, he has virtually no lag and ends up in his standing animation. I want to explain the buffering system with this situation. (Note: I use the cstick for smashes). When you press shield to buffer, you can input another move during the air dodge animation. By doing this, the game will initiate the move you inputted as soon as you buffer. It sounds confusing but basically:

As soon as Luigi hits the ground, he will immediately do the next move. So if i do a downsmash while air dodging, i'll quickly do a dsmash the first frame possible. This can be done with almost any move, and you know you are doing it right when you see Luigi initiate his next move immediately after hitting the ground. Yes i know this is basically explaining how Buffering was used in Melee all over again, but i felt the need to explain.

Useful Combinations

With this said, i found several tricks you can do that utilize the Buffering System. Note: You don't HAVE to do an air dodge to buffer into a different move, I've been told you can just do it after Luigi hits the ground, but typically only after a dair or fair. When i refer to cancel, I am referring to auto canceling.

...into a dsmash: Not only can you do this move immediately out of the cancel, but you can slide a little a bit with this move for added range.

...into a fireball: Situational, but at mid range can halt an advancing enemy long enough to approach with another move. I do empty short hops into a canceled fireball and mix it up with a shorthopped fireball into a second fireball to throw the enemy off, especially when dodging my projectiles.

...into an fsmash/Upsmash: Self- explanatory, use this to quickly finish off an opponent if they are within range. An efficient, yet difficult application is airdodging to cancel your lag while evading an attack. If you are about to get with the last few frames of an enemy smash, its possible to buffer while just barely dodging the attack. If your enemy has moderate-heavy lag after their attack, they can quickly be punished with a smash. (I'll make a video later showing this, but i have a hard time timing it right).

EDIT: While its a little bit harder to land, an Up-Angled Fsmash is also VERY useful. In a point where Luigi mainers are putting more focus on the Fsmash, this and Jab buffers are essential for a great Luigi.

...into a dtilt: A quick trip to set up further combos, such as a jab jab cancel into a smash, or a simple dtilt into upB. NOTE: On high %'s the dtilt knocks Mario straight up, leaving him wide open for an attack, but only at >100% from what i've seen. If anyone can give me more information on further characters that react like that, it would help out.

...into a grab: Also self-explanatory, this works very well if you do a two hit jab combo into it, as most people expect you to do an UpB.

...into a shield: Albeit not really being buffered from the L cancel, its still a viable option if your opponent has gotten wise to your attacks. Space this properly and you can slide with the impact of their attack on your shield. Yes, i'm promoting Luigi's poor traction, as its often over looked by luigi mainers. By using his traction, you can literally slide yourself out of tough situations, i'll discuss further applications about this in later posts.

...into a dash attack: Another taboo of the Luigi game, the dash attack. I also have a lot to say about this move as well, but for now i can tell you i use it to confuse my opponent who is about to react offensively to Luigi. It cancels out a fair amount of attacks (i don't have hard data on this), and if spaced right, can lock the enemy in. I find this also useful in pushing the enemy off stage, as the dash attack as higher knockback on the last hit.

...into a tornado (Credit to Faithkeeper on this one, I forgot to add it): Buffering a tornado works well out of a cancel to attack the enemy with, as long as you hit the fireball while rising in the shorthop (otherwise you can't buffer). This works as an improvement of the application to the standard short hop>tornado, as its buffered now and much faster. Very useful for approaching.

...as a taunt: Yeah, Hippiedude92 brought this up I thought...well its an application isn't it xD. It is pretty nostalgic though to do some canceled dairs while waiting for your opponent's next stock.

...mindgames: All this stuff adds up into confusing your opponent. One thing Luigi has because of the poor attendance in tournaments is the possibility for the biggest shock factor. Come into a tournament pulling off some crazy fast canceled moves and you are sure to surprise your opponent, who by the time they adjust to Luigi's broad range of options, may already have lost the match.

...into a jab: THIS ONE IS SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT PLEASE DO IT ALL THE TIME KTHXBIE. Anyways, this move is insanely fast and is great for Jab Grabs or general set ups into smash attacks. I can't believe I neglected to use this enough...Its almost impossible to punish because it is so dang fast, so use that to your advantage.

...into an ftilt: This one is as widely used as others, but its a great spacing device because it comes out fairly quickly. Shield pokage when angled downwards? I need to test this one out.

2. Generally, i use the buffer into aerials, to quickly cover the field and be aggressive towards my opponent. I suggest any Luigi not buffering out of everything possible to start doing so now: it gives you a wealth of options at a moment's notice. It makes Luigi faster, and it allows a broader definition of Luigi's game, which can branch out to subsequent new styles of play.

Conclusion

I wrote this with hopes of kindling ideas on the boards. My biggest problem with people, is that they tend to leave out moves in a character's moveset because they aren't "useful". In Luigi's case, i am talking about his ftilt, dash attack, and on a side note, his physics.

I honestly don't find any move of Luigi's ia bad, and i try to use them all in different ways. His traction is what makes him unique, and should be used as an advantage against characters who don't slide so much. I know I left things out, and there are plenty of things i haven't even touched on. I am not a Luigi master, i am only a Luigi Mainer. If people comment to this thread and say they have learned something, i'll be happy. If people comment to this thread and teach me something, i'll be happy. If people don't have anything to say, but ask questions of others, i'll be happy. I play Super Smash Bros to have fun, and my definition of fun is trying to figure out how to use my character to his ultimate potential.

Mindgames

Buffering, from the way I see it, is the glue to Luigi. There is nothing special about Buffering; as in, there is nothing about Buffering that is unique to him as a character as opposed to others. I second Kirby; I buffer with him. I play as fox; I buffer as him. No matter who you play as, buffering is a gift of speed to any character; it remains one of the few exploits in the Smash series that players behind the casual level can go to in order to improve their game. If you don't do it, do it. Go in training mode, and buffer buffer buffer (I assume that since this is the backroom, we all know what a buffer is and what options are available to Luigi when he does it, (Buffer guide available in TOC).

I call this glue because it keeps everything together in Luigi's game. The general consensus is that Luigi is an aerial approach artist (whatever approaching means to Luigi), but since he is a non-floaty he is bound to the ground much like any other character. Let's take a staple approach; the bair (which is listed as a means of approach per Locuan's list, which I stress we don't forget about).

Ok, great. We use Luigi as another no-zone, with less range than our prime example of stage domination: Fireball. Honestly, this approach only works on a ruffled opponent. By ruffled, I mean an opponent who has been a in a heated "phase" of battle (I don't know how else to say it in English, in my language "phasa" is a like a scene, but that applies to movies ><). What I am getting at is, Bair is not a good approach right at the start of battle because it's easily predicable and shield grabbable (I know from being on both ends of the grab).

What you can do with bair, is play an aggressive space cadet with it (Yes I have weird names, bite me). What's the difference between aggressive spacing and actual attacking? Well it's pretty obvious from the names; one you attack, the other you space.

Wow I go off on a tangent with this stuff, I'm going form buffering to spacing, hopefully I'll tie this all up soon. In order to space correctly, you need to know how far of a range your opponent has. In the first few weeks of brawl, I sampled every character to test their "range" and any moves to watch out for (I called it when I said Snake's Utilt will cause problem xP). A well spaced bair definition would be a Bair that does damage but doesn't leave Luigi up for punishment either. Bairs are quick and easy to throw out, but you may not always be in a situation for a well spaced Bair. The important thing to keep in mind is that your priority in Brawl is avoid damage, NOT deal damage.

So how does Buffering apply? Well since we already know that it allows us to get in our moves faster, we take advantage of that. At any given instance between Bairs, you have the option to buffer almost ANYTHING you want. That's extremely versatile; the ability to sneak in moves quickly with a reduced risk of punishment. Are you fighting an enemy a stationary enemy that powershields all your attacks? buffer a grab and (insert Luigi Combo here). An enemy that retreats form your aggressive Bairs? Push him off the stage with a quick Ftilt (yes, there are uses for that move). An enemy that is aggressive? Run it back with some retreating bairs, wait for the attack, powershieldgrab. Or, if he is leaving you no options, cease the bairs altogether, and run away, shooting retreating fireballs if there is enough space between you two.

These are just some examples, and I'm not out to write a whole algorithm where "you do X to respond to Enemy Y's Z attack/Defense Pattern", because even then you aren't going to remember all of that. Know that a buffer can turn into a Fireball No-Zone game, a Tornado Mindgame, a F-Tilt hop off my balls spacing tool (according to Hippie), a grab to long ZOMG WIGI Flamboyant combo to taunt spike (ok, exaggeration). I'm thinking this aspect should come last, because once you learn all the individual techniques that we have/have not already mentioned, you have a means to put them all together now (which ties into mixing up your mind games, according to Locuan). Buffering doesn't really add anything new to the table, it just speeds up Luigi, because he is kind of slowish IMO.

There is a lot left to the Buffering game; it's so simple, but can be used in so many ways (kind of like play-doh) that newcomers neglect in their attempts to hunt for the uber Luigi AT WaveDash/Lag Cancel/Infinite Cape. The Boards should record popular instances of characters we have problems approaching, and we'll outline them there. From there, you can either form your own opinions and strats for characters not mentioned, or at least get an idea for using the versatility of your moves (Fireball/tornado/F-Tilt/Dsmash/others not yet discussed).

VIDEOS ARE HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5gQC89Xxpg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRb4I3S9qg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5SNQv7IwuU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5alLjCySk&feature=related

I am not doing it perfectly, and again, you don't HAVE to air dodge to buffer, I just made these videos before Luigi Cancel was disproved. Even so, I still am gonna air dodge into buffers, it seems more consistent IMO.

Version History
Note: This thread will be updated per the contributions of others as well as myself, anything on this thread is subject to change.

Version 1.0 (August 28, 2008): Thread released
Version 1.1 (August 28, 2008): Minor notes on application, new video and quote from Boss.
Version 1.2 (August 29, 2008): Buffered tornado added to application list. New section and howto on ShffLC added (thanks to faith keeper for the guide).
Version 1.3 (August 30, 2008): Changed guide from a Luigi Cancel one to a simple Move Buffer one, added some videos, made some corrections to accommodate the the changes.[/QUOTE]
Version 1.4 (November 2, 2008): Some clean up, Jab, ftilt, and uptilted fsmash added, more to come later.
Version 1.5 (February 17, 2009): Raw Mindgames section added. Taken right from backroom...so merits some changes/revisions...Another Time.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Just read it. Very awesome contribution. Most impressive. You should add to the fact you can show off after you killed a oppenent (remember melee, you see Luigi wavedashing with random attacks/dash dancing xDD!). Of course a Dair to a L-cancel can definitly fake out your oppenent, great exploiting oppenent's weaknesses. As boss always says, " mindgames play a big part " XD

And lol @ im always on smashboards via luigi boards. its just sad its inactive :[

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Just read it. Very awesome contribution. Most impressive. You should add to the fact you can show off after you killed a oppenent (remember melee, you see Luigi wavedashing with random attacks/dash dancing xDD!). Of course a Dair to a L-cancel can definitly fake out your oppenent, great exploiting oppenent's weaknesses. As boss always says, " mindgames play a big part " XD

And lol @ im always on smashboards via luigi boards. its just sad its inactive :[
xD. Yeah its a little bit sad though when you know like all of the regular posters on a board by name. I'm trying to get people's attention beyond the types of threads like the super mario bros movie review, which was funny, but has nothing to do with Luigi's metagame lol...

Maybe i'll think up some stuff for the glidetoss thread you have, i never thought too much of it, but a Luigi that can use it would be great to fight people like Diddy or Peach.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lmao. I got my motivation through glide tossing because I played Diddy for first time and ***** my friend with him. So why not Luigi do it? Of course you'd have to be good at glide tossing. But the thing is that, its hella fun and mad mindgames with just banana (since it stays there fora long effect) And items are more useful only if your entering Evo touraments :/

edit : off to bed later lol

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Well, #1great post.

#2 I've done some experimenting myself, and you may want to add some of it to your OP.

sh fireball>l-cancel>buffered tornado works well(just be sure you hit the fireball on the way up to give time for the l-cancel), i think you forgot it in your OP.

[Note: Boss was already doing the following, he gets credit]
With some aerials, you can SHFF an aerial and still fit in the luigi-cancel.
with my testing so far, I can confirm you can with fair, and confirm you can't with nair, unless you start the nair on the way up or something... (I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I don't think you can SHFF a dair. But since many expect the sh dair>nair, you may be able to sh dair, FF after the dair [when you would normally nair], and buffer something to catch them off guard.)

With luigi's aerials being so fast, SHFFing them to a luigi cancel seems a viable and effective option. [I officially vote this process be called the Short Hop Fast Fall Luigi Cancel or SHFFLC]

Tips for learning the SHFF version or (tentatively) SHFFLC.
I find this part obvious, but perhaps other could gain from it.

Prerequisites: Learn to l-cancel w/o fastfalling; Be able to SHFF
-Pretty basic, you'll need these skills to do this...

1 Go to training mode and SHFF w/o aerials or l-canceling
-This helps you (or just me) get a good feel of how long it takes luigi to reach the ground after the peak of his jump while FFing.

2 Start luigi canceling the SHFF
- It's done the same way as the regular l-cancel, (by regular I mean the regular brawl version) just with different timing.

3 DI around.
-Continue the SHFFLCing, just DI around to get more of a feel for what it would be like to use it in-game, controlling the SHFFLC with other inputs.

4 Throw in aerials
-Start with fair. It's the only one i'm sure that works and it's also his fastest, so it's probably the best place to start.

5 Try it in game.
-Probably the hardest part assuming you've got the prerequisites already, just work it in like you did SHFFing.

6 Experiment.
-At the time of this post, Luigi-canceling is rather new, so it is completely viable that through basic experimentation, new aspects of this technique could be discovered.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Well, #1great post.

#2 I've done some experimenting myself, and you may want to add some of it to your OP.

sh fireball>l-cancel>buffered tornado works well(just be sure you hit the fireball on the way up to give time for the l-cancel), i think you forgot it in your OP.

[Note: Boss was already doing the following, he gets credit]
With some aerials, you can SHFF an aerial and still fit in the luigi-cancel.
with my testing so far, I can confirm you can with fair, and confirm you can't with nair, unless you start the nair on the way up or something... (I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I don't think you can SHFF a dair. But since many expect the sh dair>nair, you may be able to sh dair, FF after the dair [when you would normally nair], and buffer something to catch them off guard.)

With luigi's aerials being so fast, SHFFing them to a luigi cancel seems a viable and effective option. [I officially vote this process be called the Short Hop Fast Fall Luigi Cancel or SHFFLC]

Tips for learning the SHFF version or (tentatively) SHFFLC.
I find this part obvious, but perhaps other could gain from it.

Prerequisites: Learn to l-cancel w/o fastfalling; Be able to SHFF
-Pretty basic, you'll need these skills to do this...

1 Go to training mode and SHFF w/o aerials of l-canceling
-This helps you (or just me) get a good feel of how long it takes luigi to reach the ground after the peak of his jump while FFing.

2 Start luigi canceling the SHFF
- It's done the same way as the regular l-cancel, (by regular I mean the regular brawl version) just with different timing.

3 DI around.
-Continue the SHFFLCing, just DI around to get more of a feel for what it would be like to use it in-game, controlling the SHFFLC with other inputs.

4 Throw in aerials
-Start with fair. It's the only one i'm sure that works and it's also his fastest, so it's probably the best place to start.

5 Try it in game.
-Probably the hardest part assuming you've got the prerequisites already, just work it in like you did SHFFing.

6 Experiment.
-At the time of this post, Luigi-canceling is rather new, so it is completely viable that through basic experimentation, new aspects of this technique could be discovered.
Awesome stuff, I'll add it. BTW, i've been testing out shffling while LCing, but i haven't been able to get 100% yet. Once i do though, its gonna make me game 10x better though. I think it will make anyone's game better lol.

EDIT: The info is up now, later today i'll be making some videos about some of this stuff.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
/me had an idea.

Couldn't the SHFFLC buffer into true combos? The fair has enough hitstun to combo into itself at low percents; with the SHFFLC, a buffered rising tornado wouldn't be too much slower, perhaps a pseudo combo if not a true one. I'll test this and others like it when possible, you should too. (by you, I mean, YOU, the reader) There's so much that needs tested with this AT, the next few weeks should be really exciting. A big thanks to Boss for the discovery.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
@ Faithkeeper: I have been looking into this stuff too, right now i am getting ready to make some replays of the fundamentals to post on the thread (because who reads when you can watch videos, lol). After i go through all that stuff and get it on youtube, i'll start experimenting in friendlys. Thats the thing too, you don't have to grind in training mode to make this work, just play some friendlys and suffer a few losses while you try out some stuff in application.

If we really get something going, Luigi might actually be popular xD. Thanks to Faith for helping out with the cause, at least i know i am not alone xD.

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
Nice work. This makes me want to play Luigi. You guys got a nice tech here. This could change the metagame as we know it. Its only a matter of time till the MK boards release something like this. But still nice work.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure it's not just buffering a move that's going on here? Cuz like, Brawl can buffer anything from landing during an air dodge, IE a Smash, Jump, w/e

Cuz if so, it's been known. :x

Can someone explain to me how is this any different?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Heh, this looks difficult to learn.

Is this somewhat ground breaking for Luigi's metagame, or only minor?

Eten

Smash Ace
So apparently short hop air dodging (aka SHADing) is a "luigi cancel" and something new? All you are doing is buffering in an attack, there is no lag cancel. Fail, guys, just fail.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Are you sure it's not just buffering a move that's going on here? Cuz like, Brawl can buffer anything from landing during an air dodge, IE a Smash, Jump, w/e

Cuz if so, it's been known. :x

Can someone explain to me how is this any different?
I think its different...I'm capturing some random videos of me using it. I tried this with different characters, but they don't behave quite like Luigi. It seems his Lag Cancel is probably the most natural (or the only existent one, outside of auto canceling and the like). Even if its been known, stuff like this hasn't been showing up in Luigi Games. Boss downplays this sorta by saying you can use it once in a while with mindgames and stuff, I think this can be the foundation for Luigi. But hey, even if this has already been known, it still changes Luigi up.

So whenever its new or not, I still think its useful regardless. I never claimed to having discovered a new move to begin with, i even said at the start of my post: I'm not implying that i invented any of these moves, i know that many people know how to do this, but I don't see it on the Luigi Boards. If anything, i am just trying to stir new ideas into a dead board, aka the Luigi Boards. Sorry for trying to make a character better right?

lol, this isn't all towards you Spark, i am just throwing it out there to haters like Eten who like to stab ideas before they take root. Check out my vids in a bit, i'm capturing them right now.

Eten

Smash Ace
All that is happening here is that you airdodge before you hit the ground and input in a command. Since you can buffer a command during the airdodge and there is only 3 frames of lag when you hit the ground anyway and on the third frame after hitting the ground Luigi instantly begins doing whatever you told him to do while you were in the airdodge. There is no lag cancel, nor is it something different from other characters. The only thing you cancel out is human delay between landing and doing another move.

Luigi just has the aerial speed to fit in an airdodge before like 80% of the stuff he does in the air. But that's also the same reason you can autocancel like 90% of the stuff he does in the air.

Basically, Luigi can always move that fast. And, in fact, you can pull aerials closer to the ground and still jump/act/move that early after a landing without the airdodge because autocancel timings are sooner than IASA timings for the airdodge.

In result, the entirety of this thread is simply the elaboration of using Brawl's buffer system w/ airdodges.

Look at the some of the replies in this thread, for example:

/me had an idea.

Couldn't the SHFFLC buffer into true combos? The fair has enough hitstun to combo into itself at low percents; with the SHFFLC, a buffered rising tornado wouldn't be too much slower, perhaps a pseudo combo if not a true one. I'll test this and others like it when possible, you should too. (by you, I mean, YOU, the reader) There's so much that needs tested with this AT, the next few weeks should be really exciting. A big thanks to Boss for the discovery.
The answer to this is no, this wouldn't buffer into true combos, and in fact would be 3 tiny frames slower than simply an autocancelled fair and a perfectly timed reaction after landing.

I'm not a hater, this is just silly.

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
All that is happening here is that you airdodge before you hit the ground and input in a command. Since you can buffer a command during the airdodge and there is only 3 frames of lag when you hit the ground anyway and on the third frame after hitting the ground Luigi instantly begins doing whatever you told him to do while you were in the airdodge. There is no lag cancel, nor is it something different from other characters. The only thing you cancel out is human delay between landing and doing another move.

Luigi just has the aerial speed to fit in an airdodge before like 80% of the stuff he does in the air. But that's also the same reason you can autocancel like 90% of the stuff he does in the air.

Basically, Luigi can always move that fast. And, in fact, you can pull aerials closer to the ground and still jump/act/move that early after a landing without the airdodge because autocancel timings are sooner than IASA timings for the airdodge.

In result, the entirety of this thread is simply the elaboration of using Brawl's buffer system w/ airdodges.

The answer to this is no, this wouldn't buffer into true combos, and in fact would be 3 tiny frames slower than simply an autocancelled fair and a perfectly timed reaction after landing.

Shut up and stop hatin

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's the same.

I was being awfully doubtful of it, anyway, maybe cuz of the Air Dodge <<

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Does anybody know how many FPS [frames per second] (30 or 60 seems to pop into my head...) this game runs at? If nothing else, this could be used to aid those who have yet to hone their skills to precise enough reaction times to be faster.

Shut up and stop hatin
Reason is not "hatin". I too, am disappointed that this did not turn out to be a ground-breaking AT, but eten's explanation seems far more logical than the random glitch of zero lag. Thus I stand corrected, but still hopeful that there may be some use for this. you should too.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
No need to hate. When ever something is newly discovered, you'll most likely be open through critism. At least you put your effort to it. I was thinking the same as Eten actually. I had the feeling too. Cause, when you AD towards to the ground you receive slight landing lag. anyways good effort dude.

Magus420

Smash Master
Eten's pretty much got it right, although it's actually 4 frames of landlag (IASA 5) in this case because you get the 'Hard' landing when fastfalling like this. You can also buffer the next input in the same way during this landlag if you don't airdodge, but dodging just makes the window a bit larger since you can input it a bit before landing too since you're in the middle of dodging at that time and can't do anything else.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Meh, I geuss thats that as far as any hopes for a Luigi type lag cancel. I'm a little iffy about that whole "three frames" thing from Eten, are you speaking from data or just speculating? W.E. I'll get around to editing this. I'll keep this thread as an application list to buffering moves with Luigi, and tactics off of that. Any objections? I still think its a good thread even if it isn't groundbreaking. I went through the trouble of videos too xD. I still kinda think Lag is being cut out of the move, but it could be like what Eten said; it cuts human delay, not actual frames.

Later Tonight or Tommorow i'll get around to editing all this, the vids are up btw, search "DaBlackHouse" on youtube if you really want to give that a look.

On a side note: How do you change a title to a thread @_@.

Vist

Smash Champion
i pretty much L cancel into all my stuff......and mindgames.......anyone can do it vist u should incorporate this into your game everynow and then......
yeah ive been doing it for a couple weeks now but i didnt realize it was the same thing as this

its good stuff

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
yeah ive been doing it for a couple weeks now but i didnt realize it was the same thing as this

its good stuff
i think i'll still use it. I noticed it made my Luigi faster, and if I ever get good enough to be faster than what i would by buffering things, then congrats for me and i'll stop.

On a side note: How do you change a title to a thread @_@.
You edit the OP and the title will be at the top.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I forgot what buffer means lmao. Someone define for me? Anyways, Alia, at least you did good job trying to go indepth through luigi cancel. Effort is what matters. Your suppose to actually expect these kinda of arguements or critism to throughly make sure that this AT or semi AT is fully working and operational. Eten pretty much has it. But yeah good efforts tho. It can still be used a quick mindgame lol.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
i think i'll still use it. I noticed it made my Luigi faster, and if I ever get good enough to be faster than what i would by buffering things, then congrats for me and i'll stop.
I think everyone should buffer anyway, its very useful nonetheless.

You edit the OP and the title will be at the top.
Thanks lol.

I forgot what buffer means lmao. Someone define for me? Anyways, Alia, at least you did good job trying to go indepth through luigi cancel. Effort is what matters. Your suppose to actually expect these kinda of arguements or critism to throughly make sure that this AT or semi AT is fully working and operational. Eten pretty much has it. But yeah good efforts tho. It can still be used a quick mindgame lol.
I have a short definition in my OP, but basically its doing an input for a move while in the animation for another. In the case i had with "Luigi Cancel", you would do the airdodge, but while in the animation of the airdodge you do another attack, that way, the first possible frame you can do the next attack out of the airdodge, you will do it. This makes moves a lot faster coming out.

I'm updating the post right now, with some links to videos.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

I believe this need to be reinstated and that is why I am quoting it. Eten along with Magus have the answer, it doesn't really make your luigi faster.

Also, would you really sacrifice doing short hop double aerials for this?

I know how to do the supposed Lcancel as well but it does not make any difference what so ever, autocancel an aerial, theres no need to Lcancel, aerial to tornado? you can also do it by autocancelling an aerial then inputing the tornado. Really guys this is nothing revolutionary although at some point I really wanted it to be.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I believe this need to be reinstated and that is why I am quoting it. Eten along with Magus have the answer, it doesn't really make your luigi faster.

Also, would you really sacrifice doing short hop double aerials for this?

I know how to do the supposed Lcancel as well but it does not make any difference what so ever, autocancel an aerial, theres no need to Lcancel, aerial to tornado? you can also do it by autocancelling an aerial then inputing the tornado. Really guys this is nothing revolutionary although at some point I really wanted it to be.
Yeah, I just made some changes to thread now. Its still kind of buggy, but i decided to make it about Buffering moves out of aerials instead. Airdodging/simple auto cancel are the same, but I still find the advantage in airdodge if you want to evade a move and strike with a buffered attack as a counter (when you are coming in the air that is).

With some changes, eventually i'll make a coherent post that basically says how to enhance your options in a match, though it won't replace Double aerials. Previously, I think i would rather have had Lag canceled moves over double aerials, but since there is no lag cancel, it would be dumb to give up double aerials doing something that doesn't work.

Is that cool with you guys?

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
alias you did a good job it helps reducing the human error factor is a big deal if you ask me you could actually get lucky and risk a misfire who knows it will be completely unexpected , sure no realiability assured but hey were luigis

btw the mario bros review rocked XD

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I only use it for quick Dsmashes and rising nair to uppercut. If you cancel and immediately jump again into a rising nair at works great for setups. Point being, there isnt a HUGE amount of potential in this, but there are definately ways to mess with your opponant on occasion. I actually only figured this out two nights ago, and I thought I was on to something, then I come back here and people are talking about it. I thought I was going to contribute to Luigi's metagame... but alas, someone beat me to it.

Top Bottom