• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Buffering Applications ((MINDGAMES UPDATE))

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
o hey lookie here. *sorry for double post *

Hippie, you should link to my dead buffering guide since a bunch of peeps don't know about it, and then you can elaborate.

Good ish Hippie, Luigi Boards started to flatline again but you revived it with information that will actually improve a player :O.
massive bumpage, for the newcomers. This guide will totally change your Luigi game FOREVER.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
buffering is useful when it comes to luigi, but toon link did weird move sets.
What was that about toon link? xD. I'll include this in the guide at some point, but through recent renovations to the metagame, f-tilt is no longer in the same league as the dash attack in terms of risk/reward and usability. This is a fairly old guide. There is a greater emphasis now on Jab1, all in great part to Magus' thread on unblockable set ups, and overall evolution of the metagame. We're no longer looking for simple Jabs > UpBs or SHADanauts (I forget the acronym). The model Luigi is one that buffers aerials, utlizes fireballs, understand the spikebox and knows how to implement it, as well as compensating opponent DI to put together strings; made possible by the buffered JabGrab, usually. We've hit the wall in terms of true ATs, so we're taking what we can and make them advanced. Recoveries are becoming more unpredictable and easier to pull off, and we're fully realized the potency of the Up-angled Fsmash.

I think we've come quite aways from the Luigi I knew when Brawl started, at least as a commnunity.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
What was that about toon link? xD. I'll include this in the guide at some point, but through recent renovations to the metagame, f-tilt is no longer in the same league as the dash attack in terms of risk/reward and usability. This is a fairly old guide. There is a greater emphasis now on Jab1, all in great part to Magus' thread on unblockable set ups, and overall evolution of the metagame. We're no longer looking for simple Jabs > UpBs or SHADanauts (I forget the acronym). The model Luigi is one that buffers aerials, utlizes fireballs, understand the spikebox and knows how to implement it, as well as compensating opponent DI to put together strings; made possible by the buffered JabGrab, usually. We've hit the wall in terms of true ATs, so we're taking what we can and make them advanced. Recoveries are becoming more unpredictable and easier to pull off, and we're fully realized the potency of the Up-angled Fsmash.

I think we've come quite aways from the Luigi I knew when Brawl started, at least as a commnunity.
Wow just wow.. this man has hit the right points, it feels as if I got stabbed over 9000 points... our meta-game has gotten far.. maybe we have underrated saying how meta-game isn't progressing... while it was progressing.. I mean really just wow mangz.. You also forgot to include we now have a bigger set of approach tactics. Buffering / crawldashing just make approach game alot more diverse as well...

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I am useless at buffering. It's just too hard, I have this problem where I learn great ATs, I perform them, but either can't remember to do them in a real match, or I don't want to break any momentum I have by failing at an AT. I have not considered short term memory pills, I don't think those will help. I just need an "e-coach."
Who on the Luigi Boards will be my e-coach?
Whom?!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I am useless at buffering. It's just too hard, I have this problem where I learn great ATs, I perform them, but either can't remember to do them in a real match, or I don't want to break any momentum I have by failing at an AT. I have not considered short term memory pills, I don't think those will help. I just need an "e-coach."
Who on the Luigi Boards will be my e-coach?
Whom?!
This ^^. This is what it takes to be better. When your playing useless friendlies and I mean useless I mean by, just like 5 hours of fighting your friend, so nothing srs bsns going on. Just remember in your mind " oh yeah, crawldashing" try to apply it to your game. As you go on, you'll be more consistent. it won't really matter if your losing because it's a friendly.

That's the exact thing that makes a dramatic difference, in my luigi game and/or ANYONE's else's game. Just remember you read that new AT tech in luigi boards, try it out when your playing boring 5 hours of friendlies with your friend. Then keep it in your mind, and before you know it, you it's already melted in your brain. I just got powershielding down just by applying this kind of thing.

Top Bottom