• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

heytallman

CTALL
Tallman has another tournament this Saturday....I love Houston, we have so many events.

My curse is so stupid. Take n/2=T, where n is the number of entrants, and T is where I place in a tournament. It's happened the last six tourneys I've been to. So stupid. Let's hope I break that curse and **** up on Saturday.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
way to go Irsic :D
Tallman has another tournament this Saturday....I love Houston, we have so many events.

My curse is so stupid. Take n/2=T, where n is the number of entrants, and T is where I place in a tournament. It's happened the last six tourneys I've been to. So stupid. Let's hope I break that curse and **** up on Saturday.
HOBO 15, right?
why did they make 2 HOBOs so soon?

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yes, I did take advantage of the fact that a bunch of Michigan's best were in Chicago, lol, but I still had a couple tough matches (but I also had some matches that were LOL) still, it was my 2nd tournament ever and I had some nerves, but I still got up there. I also had beaten Hot_armS in friendlies best 2 out of 3 where we were both holding back, then later I just couldn't do it. I think I had settled in that I wasn't going to win and was already excited about taking top 5. It was a bad mind set. o_O

my cell is 586-337-3771. I expect to have stalkers

heytallman

CTALL
HOBO 15, right?
why did they make 2 HOBOs so soon?
Well February's tournament had been scheduled for liek, the 7th or the 14th, but it got delayed and we had a venue change, and we had already had the venue for March 7th, so, 2 tourneys a week apart. I'm not complaining though, I love tourneys.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You know it drives me crazy. I've been in like 6 or 7 tournaments counting really small ones and only placed outside of top ten one time. But at big tournaments it's really hard to break that top 3 barrier and that's really all that anyone cares about. Lucas seems to get into top ten with relative ease given a good enough player but getting into that top three is just **** hard with low tier.

S.D

Smash Master
Sometimes you just have to betray our little buddy and CP something more appropriate.

Sure you'll feel dirty, but you'll also make top 3 more consistently.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Heres the results from the tourny I was in this past weekend:)
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/ninjaroar/singles.gif

1: Y.B.M (Kirby)
2: Smash64 (Snake + others?)
3: Rowan (Peach)
4: Xisin (Marth)
5: Spec (Pikachu)
5: Infern Angelis (Ike)
7: Greggu (Luigi)
7: Hilt (Olimar)
9: Cameron L (Kirby)
9: Napoleon (Luigi)
9: Mister Eric (R.O.B)
9: Light (Falco)
13: Shadowbot (Lucario)
13: Airborne (Yellow Yoshi)
13: WWRJD (Snake)
13: Tactical (Lucario)
17: Lil CJ (Lucas)
17: Cirno (Wolf)
17: Trim
17: Exile (Lucario)
17: Calic (Pikachu)
17: Kajoq (R.O.B)
17: Shadowphoenix (G+W, DiddyKong, Marth?)
17: Ian Applegate (ZSS/Lucario)
25: Kurri (Olimar)
25: David Perry (G+W)
25: Jameson W
25: The hammer (Toon Link)
25: David Z (Yoshi)
25: Pie
25: Lemon (Zelda)
25: Zero (Olimar/ZSS)
33: Jonathan (Ness/Lucas/Toon Link)
33: Willie
33: Excel (Fox/Falco)
33: Isaac Jones
33: OMG HI (Lucario?)
33: Jay Yap (DDD)
33: Dees NUTZ
33: Brandon L (Ike)
33: Anthony V (Zelda)
33: Jt Lewis (Fox)
33: Chris A (Pikachu)
33: Davis W
33: Ttar (Falco)
33: Mayling (Pit)
33: Soldier 2 (Yoshi)
33: Bobbu (Lucario)
49: ted N
49: Tyler Depree
49: Adam L
49: Mr. 9 (G+w)
49: Tacklebox
49: Chris Ratliff
49: Wes H\
49: Erik B
49: Stephen Bates (Sonic)
49: Nivrad
49: Lenny
49: daniel H

Levitas

the moon
would you mind changing that bracket image to a link of the image (just take out the [img]) so that the screen doesn't stretch :)

heytallman

CTALL
OK, at first I was looking at the results and I noticed no MK's lol, but then I realized it was a MK free tournament :)

I want to go to a tournament in some other region. Texas is simply too good, poor Lucas doesn't stand much of a chance :(

lil cj

Smash Lord
Im glad MK was banned:)
But there were too many Marth,Lucario, and Yoshi players lol
I was surprised to see that many Yoshi mains
He isnt that popular.
He's good though

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I think Midwest has the most Lucas mains. Midwest seems to be a breeding ground for low and mid tier players. MK banned tournaments are stupid though. Works in our favor but there's something just not right about it.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
you'll think this is stupid, but i have never seen a Yoshi player that uses his bair as good as my friend Andres does. One of the top yoshi players is bwett, rigth? I don't think he's that good, he depends on Yoshi's chaingrab too much. Well, that's just my opinion *holds up flame shield*

lil cj, did you go Lucas only?

heytallman

CTALL
you'll think this is stupid, but i have never seen a Yoshi player that uses his bair as good as my friend Andres does. One of the top yoshi players is bwett, rigth? I don't think he's that good, he depends on Yoshi's chaingrab too much. Well, that's just my opinion *holds up flame shield*
bwett is one of the yoshi mains I was referring to. And Yoshi should utilize the chain grab, it's a great tactic for yoshi. I played him once in friendlies, he's quite good, our matches were all really close.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
East coast: MK...MK...MK....Dedede....MK....Snake....Snake....MK....Mario? wtf lol

East coast is full of MK/snake/Dedede mains and the select bold few that decides to main mario, ZSS, and chars like that.

c3gill

Smash Ace
East coast: MK...MK...MK....Dedede....MK....Snake....Snake....MK....Mario? wtf lol

East coast is full of MK/snake/Dedede mains and the select bold few that decides to main mario, ZSS, and chars like that.
Ja, most of the Easst Coast tournaments I have been to are mostly MK and Snake, and then the few G&Ws, Falcos, and DDDs.

Decent Lucas mains are few and far spread out around here.

Xyless

Smash Master
I think Midwest has the most Lucas mains. Midwest seems to be a breeding ground for low and mid tier players. MK banned tournaments are stupid though. Works in our favor but there's something just not right about it.
I've never been at a tourney in which MK was banned. He's just pretty much shunned by us, from what I see.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I've never been at a tourney in which MK was banned. He's just pretty much shunned by us, from what I see.
He isn't too popular out here in the MW, but yeah, tons of low/mid tier characters being used.

Xyless

Smash Master
After all, we do have the best Pikachu, best Ike, and one of the best Warios.

Just wish I could go to more tourneys.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Ankoku's update moved Lucas from like bottom 3 to very top of E rank.

Hell yeah guys, let's get Lucas out of E rank.

This could also use an update.

d>_>

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I should be going to a tournament in Dayton next saturday. Prizes are ****ed up but hopefully I'll place well anyway.

Top Bottom