• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The prizes are determined by the sponsors, not the entry fee. So it's basically whatever random crap they feel like giving us and I think the host is adding in a best buy gift card lol. Entry is only $10 though to get into all events there. I can make that up in MM's.

heytallman

CTALL
Dude you don't get it though...the last SEVEN tournaments I've been to I've gotten right in the middle (except at one ten man tourney where I got 4th, still close enough). It's so rediculous!

Levitas

the moon
Tallman, I've gotten 9th at over 10 tournaments for melee. It's funny because I was beaten by crewmates most of the time.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Does the points still go towards Lucas if
you use another character for certain matches?
Ive just been using Lucas through out the whole tournament(s)
and theres some characters I have trouble with and just cant beat with Lucas:(
Lucario is the main one....I cant beat him!!!

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
lucario rolls alot >_>
you're probably aren't used to his character. it's not that you can't beat him with lucas, you just can't beat him.

heytallman

CTALL
Does the points still go towards Lucas if
you use another character for certain matches?
Ive just been using Lucas through out the whole tournament(s)
and theres some characters I have trouble with and just cant beat with Lucas:(
Lucario is the main one....I cant beat him!!!
Lucario isn't that bad for me, I've been knocked out of tournaments the most by FREAKIN' MARTH! I got knocked out of both winners and losers one tournament by two different Marths, then yesterday I got beat by a Marth.....it's bad. Even when I counterpick characters to better fight Marth, I still don't win D:

tl;dr f Marth

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I use Snake to fight Game and Watch usually. I have the Ice Climbers as a back up against Falco because I just ****ing hate Falco. As long as the majority of your matches are with Lucas, it's legit. I'd say the only time that wouldn't be true is if you used Lucas through the tournament and then switched to someone else for the entirety of Finals or Grand Finals. Then you really need to say you played both. A few matches early on with another character though and there's no reason to bother saying you used both.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Ouch, sounds like you need Marth practice, tallman. I can't wait to play Levitas' Marth, because I haven't found one that can beat me consistently yet.

heytallman

CTALL
Oh, haha.

Story time:

First, to clear things up, I am not really bald, I actually have very long hair; flowing locks if you will. So I have this hat that I really like. So I wear it everywhere I go. At one tournament, this one player was like "dude why do you always wear a hat?" And I was like "I don't know, I just like it" and he was like "I bet you're really bald under there, take your hat off to prove you're not." But I kept my hat on, didn't feel like exposing bad hat hair. So he started telling everyone I was bald, then they started telling everyone else that I was bald, and soon everyone was calling me bald. I hated it at first. However, people who I would meet for the first time would be like "oh you're Tallman? I thought you were supposed to be bald...." so it started getting funny to me. Now I just tell everyone I'm bald to see who would believe me and stuff.

The hat that Lucas and ROB are wearing in my sig is the hat I wear all the time, btw.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
so... you aren't bald =(

that's nowhere near as cool as the SUPER SAIYAN SANDTRAP story lmfao.

i haven't even thought about going to a tournament in months.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Two out of our top 5 either don't play Brawl anymore or don't play Lucas anymore...

If I were in charge of this thread I would make a cut off date to eliminate the first few tournaments when the game had just come out and no one had any clue what they were doing...Not that it really makes any difference either way.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Two out of our top 5 either don't play Brawl anymore or don't play Lucas anymore...

If I were in charge of this thread I would make a cut off date to eliminate the first few tournaments when the game had just come out and no one had any clue what they were doing...Not that it really makes any difference either way.

i still play lucas

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I thought you were using mostly Ice Climbers now and just throwing Lucas in every once in a while.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Possibly going to a tourney in San Antonio over Spring Break. Maybe I can make it on this Ranking thread, lol.

...no lols, I'm actually facepalm'ing...

Oh, and was the "how much Lucas is required?" question actually answered?
I've been going straight Lucas anyway, but if there's a clear cut standard
for "using Lucas" in tourney I think it should be on the front. I know a lot
of us have secondaries we use.

Top Bottom