• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Seanson I think. No clue where the results thread is though. He got third or something at a decent sized one in Kansas or something.

CO18

Smash Hero
Galeon's too pro.

1: Seibrik ($270.00) (Snake/Dedede/Mk)
2: Sonic Ghost/Master Raven ($135.00) (Metaknight)
3: C!/Galeon ($45.00) (Lucas)
4: Chaz (Marth)
5: Bonesaw (Metaknight)
5: Underground (Falco)
7: Izzy (Game and Watch)
7: 8-Bit (Mk/Snake/Olimar)
9: Tommy G (Falco)
9: ESAM (Pikachu)
9: Chops (Mk/Snake)
9: Nick Riddle (Zss)
13: Gino
13: Aldrick Diaz
13: Bandit
13: Jason
17: MetaAight
17: MetaEvil
17: Jonathan Rodriguez
17: Champ
17: Calibur Champ
17: Antonio Locero???
17: Jorge Blanco
17: Gabriel
25: Boss
25: Gordo
25: ADHD
25: Ali Mohammad
25: Alexis Diaz
25: George Shaeffer
25: Matthew Formosa
25: Kev'
33: Deflect
33: Marcus Figuerola
33: Dfear
33: Tuor?
33: Christian Lee
33: R@vyn
33: VeryCoolGuy
33: Doom
33: DC
33: Wboy
33: WolvenBlaze
33: Luis pinto
33: Kunx[/quote]

CO18

Smash Hero
Just for the record he only lost 3-2 to master raven also in losers finals. And Master Raven is an extremely good Metaknight lol

Master Raven

Smash Master
I 3-stocked him last mathc. :)

Okay, in his defense, he got gayed pretty bad last match, but nevertheless he's one of if not the best Lucases in the country right now.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't know if I saved any of my vids in our loser's finals set, but I'll tell you what, he 3-stocked me in one match of a friendly. >___>

Irsic

Smash Ace
Galeon doesn't speak much. x_x

I don't know if I saved any of my vids in our loser's finals set, but I'll tell you what, he 3-stocked me in one match of a friendly. >___>
You probably shouldn't let people know that, they'll lose a lot of respect for you because from what I've gathered, everything seems to think Lucas is definitely, if not the worst character in the game. I keep reading this more and more. <_<

Chuee

Smash Hero
WOOT WOOT GO GO GALEOOOOOON!
Galeon needs to get over to us lucas boards and give us some info and ****.
Plus i think we're above jiggz or someone in chara rankings now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
The Infinite lock from d-tilt to up-smash is amazing. More Lucas' need to use PK thunder from edge hog, more jabs, and more d-tilt's, more D-air to edge guard and spike with the third hit. He made Lucas' infinite lock look easy to pull off. Lucas is mid tier in my opinion.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
The Infinite lock from d-tilt to up-smash is amazing. More Lucas' need to use PK thunder from edge hog, more jabs, and more d-tilt's, more D-air to edge guard and spike with the third hit. He made Lucas' infinite lock look easy to pull off. Lucas is mid tier in my opinion.
all good lucas mains already do this. It is easy to pull off against opponents that are unable to tech the setups.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Sure wish I could see some vids of Galeon. He's pretty much proving himself to be the best Lucas player in the country.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Vids are being uploaded. Don't hype it up too much though, wouldn't want you to be disappointed =p. Winner's finals was me getting wrecked by Seibrik basically and 5th match of loser's finals... well, nobody's gonna like that. I'll explain that vid as it happens though.

No johns though. Was fun. There's alot of matches I did want to have recorded but nyeh, only two tv's had recording's happening so only my later matches got filmed. I'd be more interested in getting critiques on my vids cause I do wanna get better than 3rd (I'll probably point out why I don't do something if it gets brought up but different opinions/suggestions are always nice since you guys see my Lucas from a different angle).

Noraa

Smash Lord
Galeon i need to step my lucas game up, i guess il use him for a while.

D@mn you n!gga >.<

Noraa

Smash Lord
ok double post but w.e.

Galeon you asked for help well....
Dude your pretty bad at getting back on the stage -_-
Practice on tether recovery some and since we b stick wave bounce back.
The first pkt2 could have been punished and made me cringe cus i thought you were about to get hit for free but lucky not.
But thats all i see for now.

Galeon

Smash Ace
yea you're right on that. i rarely try to sweetspot (you'll see that in the other vids) or wavebounce back (though I do zap jump a couple times in later matches). was more focused on just getting to the middle of the stage. But oh man, if you think I'm bad at getting on the stage now, you're gonna hate the later matches. Gonna go from cringe to full seizure. Definitely something I gotta work on.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
you roll into your opponent alot.
you also have poor spacing on some of your approaches, granted it is ZSS, so i'll cut you some slack. noraa already talked about your recovery. you only dsmash when you're on a platform. why is that? you had plenty of chances to dsmash on Brinstar. your followups are beast. if you have momentum, you keep it for awhile and that's when you thrive, but when it shifts to your opponent, you seem like you start to panic, and lose control of the match.

Galeon

Smash Ace
I'm not big on d-smash but while watching the replay, definitely agree I could've used it more. I'm more of a f-smash guy by far.

I assume you're talking about tech-rolling btw and yea I was doing that into him a number of times. Subconscious bad habit, I suppose.

EDIT: I see what you mean now. Rolled into the ZSS 3 times in the 2nd match. they were pretty much guesses on what I figured he'd do.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great vids Galeon
Especially the third one with the dtilt lock
U space very well with jab,ftilt, and fair
And I see that u dont overuse PK fire:)
My advice is to try more nair/dair combos
I think the only I saw u use was nair-ftilt and dair-dtilt...which is good
but Lucas has so many more options at his disposal:

nair-nair
nair-jab
nair-uptilt
nair-dtilt
dair-uptilt
dair-jab
dair-ftilt
dair-nair
dair-fair

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hey all.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4264

That is the tourney I attended yesterday and I got 9th out of 91. The results and everything will be posted up later. I'm not in charge of that so I don't know. Here are the match-up details.

1st Round: Bye

2nd Round:
Lucas (Me) vs Meta-Knight (Random) @ Battlefield: Meta-Knight Wins
Lucas (Me) vs Meta-Knight (Random) @ Smashville: Lucas Wins
Lucas (Me) vs Meta-Knight (Random) @ Rainbow Cruise: Lucas Wins

3rd Round:
Lucas (Me) vs Meta-Knight (Rej) @ Smashville: Lucas Wins
Lucas (Me) vs Meta-Knight (Rej) @ Luigi's Mansion: Lucas Wins

4th Round:
Lucas (Me) vs Teba (Dedede) @ Battlefield: Dedede Wins
Lucas (Me) vs Teba (Dedede) @ Smashville: Dedede Wins

5th Round:
Pit (Me) vs Marth (JunkintheTrunk) @ Final Destination: Pit Wins
Lucas (Me) vs Marth (JunkintheTrunk) @ Brinstar: Marth Wins
Pit (Me) vs Marth (JunkintheTrunk) @ Smashville: Pit Wins

6th Round:
Lucas (Me) vs ZSS (Fierce) @ Final Destination: ZSS Wins
Lucas (Me) vs ZSS (Fierce) @ ? - I think Brinstar: Lucas Wins
Lucas (Me) vs ZSS (Fierce) @ Smashville: Lucas Wins

7th Round:
Pit (Me) vs BarDulL (Marth) @ Smashville: Marth Wins
Lucas (Me) vs BarDulL (Marth) @ Brinstar: Marth Wins

The random Meta-Knight was actually really good, and got 3rd place at some tournament he attended before. Rej and his teammate got ~4th in doubles yesterday so he is also a good Meta-Knigh. I just **** Meta-Knights all night long at Luigi's Mansion though. Teba is ranked 4th or 5th in all of Southern California and he went on to get I think 3rd in the tournament. I was learning the match-up on the fly, and he was really grabby. Any way around this is good. I tried to space with ftilts and nairs, but muscle memory needs to pick it up. JunkintheTrunk is an up-and-coming Marth and he does all the right things but needs to work on mindgames. I should have won on Brinstar but at a certain point I sandbagged a little, and that's what cost me a stock. I cheated and won with my secondary, Pit. This was my Pit's first debut in tournament since May, and I was happy with its performance. Fierce is a really good ZSS, I got some really nice PKT1 ledge kills though. BarDulL is considered one of the top 3 Marths in my region and I was just happy I got the chance to play him. I knew I was going to lose. But my Pit did admirably.

So, yeah. I kind of cheated and didn't go all Lucas, but I don't think I'll go all Lucas at a tourney because of just the fear of Marths (on Neutrals) and Game and Watches. Meta-Knights do not scare me.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Really wacky rules. 7 minutes? Random out of smashville, FD and battlefield? I thought everyone did stage strike.

Good job though. Haven't heard much from SoCal in a while for Brawl.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great job Oats!!!:)
Your too good
Your right...theres no need to fear MK
people are starting to finding ways to put a stop to his terror
As much as it hurts for me to say this...by the time the next tier list
comes out he will move down:(
I like MK:)
Yeah...Im starting to think that
Lucas=MK counter(soft)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm sure there are tournaments there it just doesn't seem like SoCal is as much of a force in Brawl as it was in Melee which I find surprising. Maybe I'm wrong and I've just missed everything.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I highly doubt MK will be move down, but I'm sure the match-ups will change over time. Unless a huge discovery happens, MK is most likely staying at the top.

Top Bottom