• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Can someone test the ground of Skyloft for me? I can't seem to phase through the ground during transitions at any of the spots you did before, but I may not be testing it right.
I can second that I haven't been able to either, but I haven't labbed it super hard so it may still happen. It's probably at least harder to do now.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yep. Marth grabs me about a character away from his hand just about a while ago. Meanwhile, Dolphin Slash literally has no hitbox at the edge of the sword.
You must have been extending your hurtbox. When his wrist goes through your hurtbox, then it will grab. Unless it's a pivot grab.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Thanks to @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , there are three new confirmed changes for Zelda:

Neutral Aerial
[+] Landing lag decreased by 3 frames. Brought from 22 > 19

Down Aerial
[+] Landing lag decreased by 3 frames. Brought from 21 > 18

Up Aerial
[+] Landing lag decreased by 3 frames. Brought from 22 > 19

It looks as if landing lag reductions is becoming common in this patch! People may want to start looking into more landing lags.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Credit to Lanzoma for finding this (but he is lazy to post). Apparently Falcon's ftilt close range hit does 1% less. Can someone confirm?

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Credit to Lanzoma for finding this (but he is lazy to post). Apparently Falcon's ftilt close range hit does 1% less. Can someone confirm?
Captain Falcon's strong side attack is unchanged. The nearest hitbox always dealt 1% less damage than the farthest hitbox.

Lotuz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lotuzz
Esam released a new video, where he talks about some of the 1.0.8 changes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SecwHEO1_t0 (Skip to 10:02)
He said if you DI away Sheik's fair you go really far. He also mentioned that Luigi's Down B got nerfed.
Can someone confirm this?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Esam released a new video, where he talks about some of the 1.0.8 changes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SecwHEO1_t0 (Skip to 10:02)
He said if you DI away Sheik's fair you go really far. He also mentioned that Luigi's Down B got nerfed.
Can someone confirm this?
People have been saying Shiek's Fair and Luigi's Dspecial haven't been touched.

PXslayer

Smash Rookie
NNID
petersake
Warning Received
I can confirm that Kirby's Back and Forward Throw have been nerfed. 10% - 7%

The sadness. Like he needed a nerf. ;n;

Last edited by a moderator:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
People have been saying Shiek's Fair and Luigi's Dspecial haven't been touched.
Others have noted that Sheik's Fair chains don't work as well and that something is different/worse about her Fair, though exactly what has changed is not clear.

More research is needed but people have been saying Sheik's Fair is worse somehow.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Others have noted that Sheik's Fair chains don't work as well and that something is different/worse about her Fair, though exactly what has changed is not clear.

More research is needed but people have been saying Sheik's Fair is worse somehow.
It almost sounds like they gave her fair some kind of multiplier to increase the effectiveness of DI/SDI. Is that even a thing?

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
It almost sounds like they gave her fair some kind of multiplier to increase the effectiveness of DI/SDI. Is that even a thing?
I've heard of SDI multipliers (to weaken it, not strengthen) but never heard of one for DI or VI.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Actually yeah, SDI multiplier exists and is different for every move, not sure if DI multiplier is a thing.
(I am not confirming any change to sheik just answering your question)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Marth and Lucina feel like they've had frame data changed, but is the OP all that was verified? Jab's link/FAF feels faster and fair feels like less landing lag, so I might check this out tomorrow.

DudeLove

Smash Rookie
NNID
SoloPunk
3DS FC
4871-6625-5306
I've noticed Mario's downthrow does send them away diagonally more than it did, so I'm certain that this is a change. I have not noticed any change with his up-tilts but I could be wrong. Mario down throw trajectory is definitely changed though.
Yeah, the d-throw looked really noticeable to me while I was playing online. It seems easier for people to jump out of the combo now at mid percents. Up-tilt looks like it was changed a little bit. I'll have to play again and see what specifically, but right now it looks like the vertical height EDIT: it looks like it's sending the opponent up higher and away diagonally. Maybe someone can confirm or deconfirm this for me because I'm not the best with testing.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
This is what I'm wondering. I know they can change SDI multipliers, moves have had varying SDI multipliers since at least Brawl, but I've never heard of a move having a different DI multiplier.

I think what's more likely is that there has been some minor tweak to the BKB or KBG of her Fair that we haven't got an exact number for yet, but there could just as easily be nothing different at all. Because of the placebo effect I hate to suggest anything has changed unless it's blatantly obvious (Greninja Ftilt) or has been thoroughly tested. I just find it weird how lots of people have said independently that Sheik's Fair chains do not combo as easily.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Marth and Lucina feel like they've had frame data changed, but is the OP all that was verified? Jab's link/FAF feels faster and fair feels like less landing lag, so I might check this out tomorrow.
Jab 1 and jab 2 have the same speed, but the angle has changed. F-air is 100% the same, tested out on both versions and they appear to be the same.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
You can still phase through Skyloft. The residential district is still the easiest to do it on (just hold onto the right ledge of the moving platform).

BUT the platform now halts at this position for about a second or so.

IMAG00038.jpg

It might have always stopped there for the briefest of moments before, but its super noticeable now. In any case, I was able to jump through the ground and escape which was not true before this patch

IMAG00039.jpg

I also managed to phase through the Knight Academy by falling towards it really early. I didn't get a picture, but I could freely recover while phased and managed to escape from under the window below the bell as Falcon.

I couldn't phase through the waterfall island at all, either by holding onto the right ledge or falling to the island early.

The ground in front of the Statue of the Goddess is still a hitbox until its fully in camera view.

So I guess its kinda fixed in a really weird way? Definitely better now, but not perfect.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I've said before in this thread that the input for jab 2 is earlier. I'm guessing frame 18 (was 20). I suppose it got lost in this thread
@ Shaya Shaya

As for landing lag, I already made the mistake with thinking Dolphin Slash hitbox was improved. So I'll play it safe and say I think the only one that changed was Nair. Now it is possible Fair an Uair maybe have 1 frame less and that I may think they're unchanged because if they were both decreased, the difference in landing lag between them remains the same, making one think they are unchanged.

Even autocancel I'm not 100% sure about. It's entirely possible that Uair and Fair have 1 frame extra autocancel but again, I doubt it.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I heard someone mention this on the zss boards and found some truth to it that zss's bair no longer whiffs at point blank anymore.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I can confirm unequivocally that 1.07 3DS Zard jab doesn't true combo on standing Falcon. Jab 1 to Jab 2 resets the combo counter. 1.08 Wii U Zard jab does not reset the combo on standing Falcon. It registers as three consecutive hits. Someone else can test for different patches on the same system, but I think this is pretty conclusive.
Playing on Pre-patch. Charizard's jab combo definitely counts as 2 hits instead of 3 like it should. That being said, it's not escapable for Falcon. I've tried every way I could think of, but the jabs true combo Falcon in a literal sense when he's standing upright in front of you (which is optimal for jab combos to work).

However, I tried one other jab combo that doesn't register, and that's ROBs. It still doesn't register, which leads me to believe they didn't somehow improve the combo counter in general. In order to prove there is a difference with Charizard's, it has to be with the frame data on Charizard's jabs, not the (notoriously) broken combo counter in training mode.

I heard someone mention this on the zss boards and found some truth to it that zss's bair no longer whiffs at point blank anymore.
Tried it on a standing ZSS, it still whiffs under the same close ranges.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The combo meter isn't really broken insofar as it handles a few edge cases inaccurately. Aerial and landing situations might not register as a combo if hitstun had ended even when there is no possible action the target could have taken. (Including jab locks) Meanwhile, grounding, frozen, and various command grab states register as true combos when they actually aren't, and tech opportunities are not accounted for.

And of course, when we talk about combo meter and training mode, the usual caveats of stale moves, rage, DI, and SDI apply.

But in general, the combo meter is accurate at its main purpose: Communicating hitstun duration.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Playing on Pre-patch. Charizard's jab combo definitely counts as 2 hits instead of 3 like it should. That being said, it's not escapable for Falcon. I've tried every way I could think of, but the jabs true combo Falcon in a literal sense when he's standing upright in front of you (which is optimal for jab combos to work).

However, I tried one other jab combo that doesn't register, and that's ROBs. It still doesn't register, which leads me to believe they didn't somehow improve the combo counter in general. In order to prove there is a difference with Charizard's, it has to be with the frame data on Charizard's jabs, not the (notoriously) broken combo counter in training mode.

Tried it on a standing ZSS, it still whiffs under the same close ranges.
It shouldn't whiff at close range now. Are you sure the hitbox is actually coming out and not that it looks like it does because it does that.

JMRgamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
jmwiiu12
In the latest update (1.0.8) did they make it so you can mash out of grabs or shield breaks easier? I've noticed that when grabing someone even if there at high % (100% to 150%) they can break out after only 2 pummels even ive broken out from grabs at 130% by repeatedly pressing A (not mashing just quickly pressing it) also when i went to sudden death with a villager i shot a shadow ball at his shield, it broke it so i ran over to finish him but he some how got out of being dizzy after literally 3 seconds at 300% how?

Last edited:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Hello and welcome to our bi-monthly ****fest!
Please avoid posting things you cannot confirm with evidence. Placebo be damned.
Please double check to see if something you've posted hasn't already been done so. In the top right corner you are able to search specifically within THIS thread, try the character name and see what others have said (+what's been disconfirmed or otherwise)
REMEMBER that damage decreases or increases nearly linearly affects knock back and hit stun. No need to say "this move kills earlier or later" when we already are aware of damage changes. IF damages aren't changed and knock back is different (e.g. Sonic's back throw last patch) that should be noted.
For the most part, hitbox changes (size or angles) are hard to confirm without data backing and require hard evidence to be noted. Otherwise, hopefully we'll get a data dump some time soon #_#
Please be careful about comparing WiiU to 3DS with different versions, blast zones are different even on shared stages and other visual ques can be different. This means a move will kill at different percent in either version.

IF YOU ARE INSISTENT ON POSTING THINGS THAT ARE DUBIOUS AND DO NOT PRODUCE EVIDENCE YOU WILL BE INFRACTED AND/OR TEMPORARILY ROOM BANNED FROM THIS SECTION
Older thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/406196

Global Changes
  • Grounded to Air [l]edge transition mechanics altered, affecting run offs and other momentum techniques. Notable characters: Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Zelda (Nayru's Love), Yoshi (Egg Toss)
Table listing is in order of when a character was originally added. Last is changed for when a character is updated. You can sort the table by provided values for your convenience.
Character | Last (PST) | Changes
:4myfriends: Ike | 16th 21:00 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Start up: 15 → 12 frames
    • Damage reduced: 14% → 12%
  • Dash Attack
    • Start up reduced
    • Damage 10%/7%/5% → 14%/11%/9%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 16 → 13 frames
  • Forward Air
    • Hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above and below him better)
    • Landing lag reduced
  • Quick Draw (Side-B + customs) Start up reduced
  • Jab
    • First hit transitions into Second hit faster
    • Third hit hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above him)
  • Up Air Landing lag reduced
  • Down Air Landing lag reduced (approx 4-5 frames?)
:4zelda: Zelda | 15th 16:00 |
  • Up Smash Base knockback increased (approx killing 20% earlier)
  • Neutral Air Damage on front hits 1% → 2%, Damage on back hits 2% → 1%
:4greninja: Greninja | - |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Damage altered 6.5% → 7.3%
    • Ending frame reduced (approx 10 frames)
:4miisword: Mii Swordfighter | - |
  • Back Air Damage 12% → 14%
  • Airborne Assault (Side-B) Displacement trajectory altered (lower than before)
:4metaknight: Meta Knight | 15th 04:00 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Final hit angle altered 65°→ ~40°
    • Ending frame reduced (approx 10 frames?)
    • Damage on final hit 3% → 4%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced
  • Jab
    • Damage increased 1% → 1.2%
    • Ending frame reduced approximately 12 frames
:4charizard: Charizard | - |
  • Up Throw Knock back increased significantly (comparable strength to Mewtwo without DI)
  • Down Throw Knock back reduced significantly (combo throw?)
:4bowser: Bowser | - |
  • Up Tilt
    • Damage 10% → 9%
    • Start up 12 → 11 frames without animation changes (now hits low to the ground in front)
    • Ending 51 → 41 frames
:4kirby: Kirby | - |
  • Forward Smash Up angled sour spot damage reduced 13% → 12%
:4villagerf: Villager | 15th 16:00 |
  • Balloon Trip (Up-B) Fuel system mechanic (similar to ROB) now recharges noticeably slower, hurting consecutive usages
  • Down Throw Damage 4.5% → 6%
:4ness: Ness | - |
  • PSI Magnet (Down-B) Ending frame reduced (significantly?)
:4falco: Falco | 16th 21:00 |
  • Neutral Air
    • Total damage 12% → 11% (second hit damage 3% → 2%)
    • Hits now auto link
    • Final hit now forces front facing knockback
  • Forward Air
    • Aerial Damage 8% → 9%
    • Landing Damage 5% → 3%
    • Start up reduced (?)
    • Landing lag reduced (?)
  • Up Air
    • Damage 11% → 10%
    • Sour spot removed
    • Start up decreased 10 → 7 frames
  • Down Air Sweet spot trajectory no longer meteors grounded opponents but sends upwards
:4gaw: Mr. Game & Watch | - |
  • Down Tilt Knockback increased
:4lucina::4marth: Lucina / Marth | 16th 21:00 |
  • Jab One
    • Marth Damage reduced 4%/6% → 3%/5%
    • Angle altered from Sakurai Angle, more follow up prone
  • Up Tilt
    • Knock back increased
    • Ending frame reduced 42 → 39
    • Body hitbox angle now more vertical
    • Marth moves forward if actions taken at new IASA rather than original animation length
  • Lucina Forward Tilt Damage increased by approx 1% (9.97% → 10.92%)
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 15 → 12 frames
:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma | - |
  • Luma HP 47 → 50
:4lucario: Lucario | - |
  • Jab 1 KBG significantly decreased, now links into jab 2 more reliably
:4dk: Donkey Kong | - |
  • Cargo Forward Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 10%
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Back Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 12%
    • Launch angle increased
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Up Toss Damage increased 7% → 10%
  • Cargo Down Toss
    • Damage increased 6% → 7%
    • Now has a "mini hop" that allows DK to float in place while tossing
    • Endlag reduced?
:4diddy: Diddy Kong | 15th 17:20 |
  • Up Air Start up increased 3 → 4 frames without animation changes (no longer hits below him)
  • Up Throw Damage reduced 8% → 5%
  • Down Throw Damage increased 6% → 7%
  • Down Tilt Damage reduced 6% → 5.5%
  • Jab Transition between third strike and multihit is now faster
:4falcon: Captain Falcon | 15th 19:00 |
  • Up Air Damage decreased 13% → 11%
:4link: Link | - |
  • Grab Range increased noticeably
  • Down Tilt Damage 12% → 11%
  • Down Throw
    • Trajectory altered 110°→ 85°
    • Damage 7% → 6%
:4samus: Samus | - |
  • Up Smash Knockback / kill power increased
:4palutena: Palutena | - |
  • Up Tilt Damage on looping hitboxes increased 1% → 1.2%
:4olimar: Olimar | - |
  • Pikmin Mechanics Order no longer reverses from ledge grabs (Bug Fix?)
:4sonic: Sonic | - |
  • Down Air Ending lag reduced (stage height off stage down airs no longer SD)
  • Up Smash Knockback reduced
  • Burning Spin Dash (Side-B) Damage increased by 2%
:4mewtwo: Mewtwo | - |
  • Confusion (Side-B) Throw distance reduced, no longer forcing landings on some platforms from the ground

Code:
[U]Blah[/U] | - | [LIST][*][B]Magic[/B] -[/LIST]
Falco's Up air knock back has been reduced, easier and consistent to combo with and combo other moves into it. His throws have a bit more hitstun, either that or his jumps are quicker.

NipahAllDay

Smash Cadet
NNID
NipahEveryDay
3DS FC
1932-5500-1950
>Run
>USmash

I'm okay with it being nerfed.
The thing is that it's kinda predictable and sometimes whiff when hitting. Plus it has no combo setup. You got to be able to read your opponent.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
But in general, the combo meter is accurate at its main purpose: Communicating hitstun duration.
Then forgive me for not putting my faith in the counter. I thought with instances like freezing and burying that the counter had no grasp on what hitstun actually was, but I guess I was wrong. And somebody really needs to take a look at Charizard's jabs, most likely Jab 1. It might not be an IASA change, but they may have pushed the jab transition period to an earlier frame.

It shouldn't whiff at close range now. Are you sure the hitbox is actually coming out and not that it looks like it does because it does that.
Yeah, Yeah. I know the difference. The hitbox hasn't changed for her Bair.

ZoroarkMI

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZoroarkMI10171
3DS FC
5215-0387-8014
Please avoid posting things you cannot confirm with evidence. Placebo be damned.
Please double check to see if something you've posted hasn't already been done so. In the top right corner you are able to search specifically within THIS thread, try the character name and see what others have said (+what's been disconfirmed or otherwise)
REMEMBER that damage decreases or increases nearly linearly affects knock back and hit stun. No need to say "this move kills earlier or later" when we already are aware of damage changes. IF damages aren't changed and knock back is different (e.g. Sonic's back throw last patch) that should be noted.
For the most part, hitbox changes (size or angles) are hard to confirm without data backing and require hard evidence to be noted. Otherwise, hopefully we'll get a data dump some time soon #_#
Please be careful about comparing WiiU to 3DS with different versions, blast zones are different even on shared stages and other visual ques can be different. This means a move will kill at different percent in either version.

IF YOU ARE INSISTENT ON POSTING THINGS THAT ARE DUBIOUS AND DO NOT PRODUCE EVIDENCE YOU WILL BE INFRACTED AND/OR TEMPORARILY ROOM BANNED FROM THIS SECTION

Global Changes
  • Grounded to Air [l]edge transition mechanics altered, affecting run offs and other momentum techniques. Notable characters: Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Zelda (Nayru's Love), Yoshi (Egg Toss)
Table listing is in order of when a character was originally added. Last is changed for when a character is updated. You can sort the table by provided values for your convenience.
Character | Last (PST) |

Global Changes
Character | Last (PST) | Changes
:4myfriends: Ike | 16th 21:00 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Start up: 15 → 12 frames
    • Damage reduced: 14% → 12%
  • Dash Attack
    • Start up reduced
    • Damage 10%/7%/5% → 14%/11%/9%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 16 → 13 frames
  • Forward Air
    • Hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above and below him better)
    • Landing lag reduced
  • Quick Draw (Side-B + customs) Start up reduced
  • Jab
    • First hit transitions into Second hit faster
    • Third hit hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above him)
  • Up Air Landing lag reduced
  • Down Air Landing lag reduced (approx 4-5 frames?)
:4zelda: Zelda | 15th 16:00 |
  • Up Smash Base knockback increased (approx killing 20% earlier)
  • Neutral Air Damage on front hits 1% → 2%, Damage on back hits 2% → 1%
:4greninja: Greninja | - |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Damage altered 6.5% → 7.3%
    • Ending frame reduced (approx 10 frames)
:4miisword: Mii Swordfighter | - |
  • Back Air Damage 12% → 14%
  • Airborne Assault (Side-B) Displacement trajectory altered (lower than before)
:4metaknight: Meta Knight | 15th 04:00 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Final hit angle altered 65°→ ~40°
    • Ending frame reduced (approx 10 frames?)
    • Damage on final hit 3% → 4%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced
  • Jab
    • Damage increased 1% → 1.2%
    • Ending frame reduced approximately 12 frames
:4charizard: Charizard | - |
  • Up Throw Knock back increased significantly (comparable strength to Mewtwo without DI)
  • Down Throw Knock back reduced significantly (combo throw?)
:4bowser: Bowser | - |
  • Up Tilt
    • Damage 10% → 9%
    • Start up 12 → 11 frames without animation changes (now hits low to the ground in front)
    • Ending 51 → 41 frames
:4kirby: Kirby | - |
  • Forward Smash Up angled sour spot damage reduced 13% → 12%
:4villagerf: Villager | 15th 16:00 |
  • Balloon Trip (Up-B) Fuel system mechanic (similar to ROB) now recharges noticeably slower, hurting consecutive usages
  • Down Throw Damage 4.5% → 6%
:4ness: Ness | - |
  • PSI Magnet (Down-B) Ending frame reduced (significantly?)
:4falco: Falco | 16th 21:00 |
  • Neutral Air
    • Total damage 12% → 11% (second hit damage 3% → 2%)
    • Hits now auto link
    • Final hit now forces front facing knockback
  • Forward Air
    • Aerial Damage 8% → 9%
    • Landing Damage 5% → 3%
    • Start up reduced (?)
    • Landing lag reduced (?)
  • Up Air
    • Damage 11% → 10%
    • Sour spot removed
    • Start up decreased 10 → 7 frames
  • Down Air Sweet spot trajectory no longer meteors grounded opponents but sends upwards
:4gaw: Mr. Game & Watch | - |
  • Down Tilt Knockback increased
:4lucina::4marth: Lucina / Marth | 16th 21:00 |
  • Jab One
    • Marth Damage reduced 4%/6% → 3%/5%
    • Angle altered from Sakurai Angle, more follow up prone
  • Up Tilt
    • Knock back increased
    • Ending frame reduced 42 → 39
    • Body hitbox angle now more vertical
    • Marth moves forward if actions taken at new IASA rather than original animation length
  • Lucina Forward Tilt Damage increased by approx 1% (9.97% → 10.92%)
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 15 → 12 frames
:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma | - |
  • Luma HP 47 → 50
:4lucario: Lucario | - |
  • Jab 1 KBG significantly decreased, now links into jab 2 more reliably
:4dk: Donkey Kong | - |
  • Cargo Forward Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 10%
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Back Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 12%
    • Launch angle increased
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Up Toss Damage increased 7% → 10%
  • Cargo Down Toss
    • Damage increased 6% → 7%
    • Now has a "mini hop" that allows DK to float in place while tossing
    • Endlag reduced?
:4diddy: Diddy Kong | 15th 17:20 |
  • Up Air Start up increased 3 → 4 frames without animation changes (no longer hits below him)
  • Up Throw Damage reduced 8% → 5%
  • Down Throw Damage increased 6% → 7%
  • Down Tilt Damage reduced 6% → 5.5%
  • Jab Transition between third strike and multihit is now faster
:4falcon: Captain Falcon | 15th 19:00 |
  • Up Air Damage decreased 13% → 11%
:4link: Link | - |
  • Grab Range increased noticeably
  • Down Tilt Damage 12% → 11%
  • Down Throw
    • Trajectory altered 110°→ 85°
    • Damage 7% → 6%
:4samus: Samus | - |
  • Up Smash Knockback / kill power increased
:4palutena: Palutena | - |
  • Up Tilt Damage on looping hitboxes increased 1% → 1.2%
:4olimar: Olimar | - |
  • Pikmin Mechanics Order no longer reverses from ledge grabs (Bug Fix?)
:4sonic: Sonic | - |
  • Down Air Ending lag reduced (stage height off stage down airs no longer SD)
  • Up Smash Knockback reduced
  • Burning Spin Dash (Side-B) Damage increased by 2%
:4mewtwo: Mewtwo | - |
  • Confusion (Side-B) Throw distance reduced, no longer forcing landings on some platforms from the ground

Code:
[U]Blah[/U] | - | [LIST][*][B]Magic[/B] -[/LIST]
Not sure about this, but maybe someone can confirm. Fox's up smash seems different. Not sure if it was a buff or a nerf. I tested it on the 3DS and it killed Ganon at 96% from BattleField's top platform. Also, this could be placebo, but he seems to fall a bit faster, too. Again, not official, just hoping someone can confirm.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
And somebody really needs to take a look at Charizard's jabs, most likely Jab 1. It might not be an IASA change, but they may have pushed the jab transition period to an earlier frame.
You can transition into jab 2 one frame earlier now. I guess that was enough to get it to combo properly?

Lemme put a gif together.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
You can transition into jab 2 one frame earlier now. I guess that was enough to get it to combo properly?
That's precisely all it would need. Because the only reason characters can't escape the jab 2 followup is because their character is landing back on the ground from Jab 1, and the two frames of soft landing cut the ability to pull up a frame 1 shield when you need it. If charizard's jab 1 were, say, a sakurai angle, that doesn't pick up the target ever until a certain threshhold, then you could escape Charizard's jab combo by holding shield. Thankfully, the sakurai angle on Charizard's jab 1 is on his elbow, and will never hit a target that isn't prone under Charizard's feet. It must have the lowest priority hitbox ID.

I'm guessing the reason for such an insignificant change is because the devs use their own combo counter to look for frame data discrepancies. We might find a handful more changes like this if we focus on moves that the combo counter suddenly likes.

NipahAllDay

Smash Cadet
NNID
NipahEveryDay
3DS FC
1932-5500-1950
I need confirmation, but I am a toon link main and I feel like his backthrow KO's later. Can someone please check/confirm??
Naw. It's still the same. I got killed by a Toon Link's backthrow at 120ish% when I was playing as Falco.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Here's the gif of Charizard's jab 1 to jab 2. I put a blue border around the frame that Charizard transitions since it's kinda hard to see tell exactly when it happens.

Top is 1.06, bottom is 1.08.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom