• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeusSolaris

Smash Rookie
It's amazing they are really doing a good job with balance, touching the throw game is vital to keep the worst characters viable, also loved what they did to ike I think he can actually win a tournament now. On the other hand the only strongly nerfed character in the patch to this time is poor falco...I don't know why they did that. I'll be following this thread closely, sadly I can't contribute to the thread since I don't have two versions of the game. Thanks for the effort guys!

RE-DAZ

Smash Cadet
:4charizard:
Up-B got Buffed (Not sure)
Dealing 17% (Don´t know before)
KnockBack Increased, Killing Lucina at 112% on the floor, 100% on the air out of Dthrow follow up

Any help confirming this?

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this was already like this, but Link's bombs do not hurt him when exploded on an opponent next to him

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice

DeusSolaris

Smash Rookie
Btw I don't see the captain falcon up air nerf from 13% to 11%. I can confirm that it did 13% on saturday and 11% yesterday, the soursport deals 10-9% now instead of 12-10%.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
KnockBack Increased, Killing Lucina at 112% on the floor, 100% on the air out of Dthrow follow up

I used Charizard and Lucina on Final Destination in Training Mode, and made sure Charizard was at 0%. I used Fly at close range (which did do 17% damage), and the earliest percentage Lucina died was 101%. Can someone without the 1.0.8 update please check what percentage will kill Lucina?

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
A few confirmed Diddy Kong:4diddy: DAMAGE changes. Tested on a pre-patch 3DS compared to my WiiU. No screenshots but this info is in the Diddy subforums and all over reddit etc.

D-tilt 6% -> 5%
D-throw 6% - 7%
U-throw 8% - 5%

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
On the other hand the only strongly nerfed character in the patch to this time is poor falco...I don't know why they did that. I'll be following this thread closely, sadly I can't contribute to the thread since I don't have two versions of the game.
It's actually not that bad despite the damage nerfs! After testing him out for a while it feels like his juggle/combo potential is a lot better. Personally I'm okay with the trade off Falco got this patch.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I don't know if this was already like this, but Link's bombs do not hurt him when exploded on an opponent next to him
That's literally been a mechanic of Link's bombs since 1.0

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Going to keep up with the patch notes

To everyone who doesn't have a boards account/the multititude of guests, welcome, feel free to make one.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983

:4charizard:Up-B is completely unchanged then. It always did 17% & KO'd Lucina at 112% on 3DS (even earlier on Wii U due to smaller blastzones).

Yikarur

Smash Master
A few confirmed Diddy Kong:4diddy: DAMAGE changes. Tested on a pre-patch 3DS compared to my WiiU. No screenshots but this info is in the Diddy subforums and all over reddit etc.

D-tilt 6% -> 5%
D-throw 6% - 7%
U-throw 8% - 5%
confirmed but
D-Tilt is 6% -> 5.5%

TriTails

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or 3DS' FD ceiling is smaller this time?

Not sure if CPUs DI at 1.0.4, but it seems Luigi's sweetspotted Up smash now KOs Mario at 120% with no Di (Start button trick) as opposed to 121% in 1.0.4 (No start button trick).

I mean, yeah. Sure it's insignificant, but worth to know since I'm noticing a few moves killing 1% earlier tbh. And if 1.0.4 CPUs DO DI, they'll be killed much later actually, so 1% difference is most likely not being affected by DI. Either Up smash has received a worm of knockback buff, 3DS' blastzones being slightly smaller or I'm dumb at testings.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

D-tilt 6% -> 5%
D-throw 6% - 7%
U-throw 8% - 5%
Why the hell did they touch Diddy but leave Rosalina and Sheik like they where!?

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
Why do they keep nerfing characters? I would rather see buffs of weaker charcaters to be honest. It would make the competitive scene more interesting

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly! Why nerfs characters further. It seems they got the idea right with the sort of buffs Ike and DK got for example, but why nerf Diddy's U Air when that move couldn't even kill anymore since last patch? It was a good comboing move, and I don't know why they'd nerf it but keep stuff as Sheik's F Air exactly the same. Am extremely happy they didn't touch Diddy's F Air and Side B though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why the **** did they buff Rosalina by giving Luma 3 more HP?

TriTails

Smash Lord
More substantial buffs i mean. And no more nerfing unless it is really necessary.
Diddy's Up air was neccesary to be nerfed due to how still gud it is. He lost 1% of damage and KB reductions on 1.0.6. So what? He still had FRAME 3 startup, can still kill with rage, and is about as laggy as Sheik's F-air, and is basically still very good. Now it's kind of fair... though, I do think they taken it out a little bit too much.

Yep. Then they didn't bother to give Luigi better airspeed... DAMMIT. Just take some damage off my aerials and give me an actual airspeed already!

Last edited:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
They definitely are on the right track with the DK and Ike buffs though. I dont think Sheik, Rosalina, or Diddy need to be nerfed from this point on. I think they need to focus on improving the low tier characters.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Marth's Neutral Air Landing Lag has been reduced, I can 100% confirm this.
Could you please send footage? I personally noticed no difference when doing n-air, and I'm certain I got my shield up at the exact same time between v1.07 and v1.08.

Last edited:

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
I would like to help test.
I have an updated WiiU and a 1.0.7 3DS.
How different are the blast zones on the respective FDs?
Is there a stage where they're the exact same for testing kill%s?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's amazing they are really doing a good job with balance, touching the throw game is vital to keep the worst characters viable, also loved what they did to ike I think he can actually win a tournament now. On the other hand the only strongly nerfed character in the patch to this time is poor falco...I don't know why they did that. I'll be following this thread closely, sadly I can't contribute to the thread since I don't have two versions of the game. Thanks for the effort guys!
It looks like a nerf if you only look at %.

When you consider the other changes it can be seen as a buff.

Zard's UpB is unchanged.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Just want to confirm some things that HAVEN'T changed for Bowser because we always get confusion regarding this and people think things have changed when they haven't...

-Taking an opponent off the edge with flying slam STILL results in a sudden death on SOME stages and kills Bowser first on OTHERS. This HAS NOT CHANGED.

-Bowser still has more control over his opponent when executing flying slam (haven't tested Dash Klaw yet), a change that was implemented in 1.0.7.

-The only genuine change for Bowser discovered in this patch (thus far) is the increased hitbox on up-tilt, with a slight decrease in damage and knockback, which is an overall buff for the move.

-Everything else appears to be unchanged.

Sorry, but we ALWAYS get people saying "Bowser dies first on some stages!" every patch that rolls out...

That said, my favorite change this patch has to be Little Mac's new karate outfit. Can't say I'm fond of Marth's new "ginger" costume, though...

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I could say the same about the last patch, where it was taken down to 47HP from 52HP.

Buffing and nerfing Luma's HP by such a small amount makes virtually no difference, as you're supposed to knock Luma off. Going toe to toe with him and trying to deplete his HP means you've probably lost the match already.

Really though none of the top tier characters need any changes, just low tier ones. Diddy really didn't need a nerf but it's not like he's terrible now anyway.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Samus now completes her Up smash hits unlike before, only 1 or 2 parts of the U smash will hit the opponent.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Angel Cortes is claiming Diddy has been buffed... anyone have any cold hard data on Diddy buffs?

I expect he's just being an idiot and gonna say "all Diddy's bad MUs got nerfed so he's buffed" or something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Angel Cortes is claiming Diddy has been buffed... anyone have any cold hard data on Diddy buffs?

I expect he's just being an idiot and gonna say "all Diddy's bad MUs got nerfed so he's buffed" or something.
Check the OP, he was quite clearly nerfed.

Other characters being nerfed =/= a buff for an individual character, especially when said character was noticeably nerfed themselves. Even if some of Diddy's bad MUs were nerfed and he can handle them a bit better now as a result, he still could potentially see other MUs become worse off, since he was nerfed, and other characters were buffed.

Last edited:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
I'm aware of his nerfs. I want to know about these alleged buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom