• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
You either need to be more specific, provide numbers, or provide evidence. Just saying "the first swing kills! usmash has a vortex thing!" isn't going to cut it.
Working on that. It's hard to really say when Up Smash could wiff often - But thus far Up Smashing if I hit it the first or second swing they now seem drawn into all other consecutive hits.

The First Swing in Forward smash would never kill so having it do so was very much a surprise to me. I'm not sure of the min% but I've seen it do so at like 140% on stage close to the edge. Again haven't done anything but play in the real world stuff.

Moderate skill

Smash Apprentice
As someone above already pointed out, Mii swordfighter's default side-B, Aerial Assault, has a lower angle when used in midair. This is hard to notice, and really only visible with smash (not tilt) imput.
When you hit, Mii SF goes into helpless and bounces forwards and up. The bounce is much shorter now, so if you hit someone at the ledge, holding towards the stage will always let you grab the ledge.

Mii SF feels a little faster but we should probably find someone who can examine this more closely.
Mashing jab makes the three attacks faster than holding A.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
someone said that luigi's down b torando is easier to get out of by DI'ing toward the stage

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
HOLY F***
Just saw The DK patch tread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/dk-patch-1-08-changes.406243/#post-19419563

Só many buffs. (It was posted by a moderator só its likely to be legit)

Confirmed

- Cargo Ftoss 8% dmg -> 10% dmg
- Cargo Ftoss less endlag

- Cargo Btoss 8% dmg -> 12% dmg
- Cargo Btoss launch angle increased (more vertical)
- Cargo Btoss less endlag

- Cargo Utoss 7% dmg -> 10% dmg

- Cargo Dtoss 6% dmg -> 7% dmg
- Cargo Dtoss now has a mini hop that floats you while throwing them in the air
- Cargo Dtoss less endlag

Possible Changes

???

Just here to confirm that there were no changes for Shulk in this patch (Unless the data dumps tell otherwise)

From this thread
:4shulk: changes
Yellow- Same
Green- Buffed
Red- Nerfed

Frame data is still the same (Ty Nammy12)

Monado art mechanics are still the same

Damage outputs for Shulk

Jab 1 3.5%
Jab 2 3.5%
Jab 3 (Sweetspot) 5.3%
Jab 3 (Sourspot) 4.2%
Dash attack 11%
F-tilt (Sweetspot) 13%
F-tilt (Sourspot) 11.5%
D-tilt (Sweetspot) 9%
D-tilt (Sourspot) 7%
F-smash 18.5%
U-smash 18%
D-smash (Sweetspot, up close) 14%
N-air (Tip) 8%
N-air (Base) 7%
F-air (Base) 7.5%
F-air (Tip) 6%
B-air (Base) 12%
B-air (Tip) 8%
U-air 15%
D-air 18%
Back Slash 16%
Air Slash 11.5%
B-throw 12%
F-throw 11%
U-throw 7%
D-throw 7%

Patch KB values for Shulk
Dash attack 132 >> 132
F-tilt (Blade) 134 >> 134
D-tilt (Blade) 112 >> 112
U-tilt (Blade) 122 >> 122

F-smash (Sweetspot/No tilting/Full charge) 223 >> 223
D-smash (Up close, front hit/Full charge) 205 >> 205
U-smash (Up close/Full charge) 208 >> 208

N-air (Base hit) 103 >> 103
F-air (Base hit) 110 >> 110
B-air (Sweetspot) 139 >> 139
D-air (Sweetspot) 124 >> 124
U-air (Sweetspot) 139 >> 139

Back slash (Base, Back hit) 170 >> 170
Air slash 138 >> 138

D-throw 112 >> 112
F-throw 99 >> 99
B-throw 104 >> 104
U-throw 83 >> 83

Techs
MALLC and MADC are still in

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Whoops, forgot to mention this: Falco Uair's knockback probably changed along with maybe its hit angle.

Reposted from the CCI thread.
Usually, damage changes don't affect knockback, but this patch revamped Falco's Uair. Before the patch, if you hit with the legs, the sweet-spot, it killed Pit at 162% on the ground at center stage of FD on the 3DS. If you hit with the legs now, it kills Pit at 194%. That's a 32% difference. Oh, but it's on the ground, but it does make a difference. The patch basically made his Uair more like Captain Falcon's where you hit is where people get send and in this case, hitting with legs sends people diagonally. If you hit at the center or with Falco's body, they go straight up and that kills at 178%, a 16% difference.

Before the patch, Falco had two hitboxes on his Uair: his legs and his body. His legs had a lot of knockback and what you wanted to aim for juggles and kills while his body had low knockback which seems crappy, but Falco could use it to cause hit stun and confirm a Bair in the air or something like Down Smash on the ground. The body hitbox used to kill at 872% which didn't really mattered if you used it to confirm a Bair which kills at like 113%. Now, if you consider the center hit as the body hitbox, then it kills 694% earlier. Basically, Falco has a regular flip kick Uair like (Dr.) Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, ZSS, Kirby, and even Ganondorf. Personally, I would have preferred the old Uair since it killed way earlier and offered a hit confirm option. Also, Falco doesn't have the air mobilty to juggle well like Mario, Captain Falcon, or ZSS or the ability to confirm it consistently like Luigi with his D-throw or whatever Kirby does with his Uair. It could stayed as a wickedly powerful Uair like Ganondorf's.
Reposted from the Falco Patch History thread. Ignore the angsting. :p
Losing Uair's sourspot means Falco lost a hit confirm. Even if it was a slow one, Falco could sour-spot Uair to Bair in the air and probably Down Smash or Up Smash on the ground. That's one unique thing gone from Falco and I think it's weaker, like not just 1% weaker, but knockback-wise too. Back then, I used Pit and it killed with his legs at 162% and the body hit killed at 872%. Now, if you hit with the legs, Pit gets sent like with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf depending on where you hit. As of now, if you hit with the body which sends Pit straight up, it kills at 178% while the legs kill at 194% and sends Pit at an angle. It's nerf that not only gives Falco a weaker Uair which Falco can't abuse like Mario or Captain Falcon who have good air speed or Luigi who can consistently confirm it off of D-throw and Falco's Uair's raw power was like Ganondorf who were slower, but the power made up and rewarded their ability to land a Uair, but it takes away the uniqueness of his Uair, the sour-spot body hit. I'd rather have the powerful Uair with a sour-spot for hit confirms and basically doing Uair chases instead of juggling like every other character with a Uair. It's making him generic.
Edit: Video by I Am Normal (IAN) for evidence: https://youtu.be/5FXzYeU1TJA.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
HOLY F***
Just saw The DK patch tread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/dk-patch-1-08-changes.406243/#post-19419563

Só many buffs. (It was posted by a moderator só its likely to be legit)
Quality over quantity. It may looks like seven different buffs, but it's all for one move that I haven't seen DK mains making much use of. But looking at the difference, that may very well change. All of these damage changes are correct, as well as reduced landing lag. The landing lag reduction on Forward Cargo Throw isn't as large as the reductions on Backward and Downward Cargo Throws. And Upward seems to be the same as it was before in this regard. As for Downward throw's aerial hop, it seems to be the same in patched and unpatched versions of the game. But in the patched version, you can move so much faster out of the attack, that the hop is far more beneficial now than it ever was.

ahkansenu

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that perfect pivot can now be done just by reversing direction and hitting A?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Is it just me it seems like I feel like I think

Confirmed placebo buff nerf frames dump

:093:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aerial Falco Phantasm's damage has been buffed to 7% (up from 6%).
It always did 7% on grounded opponents when used in the air. If you use aerial Phantasm on airborne opponents, it does 6% and spikes, but if use Phantasm on the ground, it does 7% regardless of the target is in the air or on the ground.

Kind of wished they made it do 7% consistently to avoid confusion, but whatever.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sorry to simply quote this for questions without data of my own, but does anyone know if these changes also carried over to Mii Gunner's version of u-smash and missiles?
As stated before, the transition mechanics mean momentum techniques no longer work. Tested and confirmed both Samus and Gunner using side by side versions (1.06, 1.07 and 1.08). Missiles ledge/platform cancelling no longer works. Additionally, Gunner can no longer use the momentum/slide from Grenades, while Samus cannot do it with Morph Ball Bombs.

Used default Gunner/Guest A size, U-smash remains virtually unchanged.

Samus on the other hand now kills ~17% earlier, making hers superior to default Gunner's now.

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
This is part of the global mechanics change, but the angles needed on Pikachu's Quick Attack for a ledge/platform cancel are different now. Time to relearn QA I guess.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Link:
  • grab distance got buffed (possibly cooldown buff as well) - grab range now longer than first hit of f-smash
  • dthrow got decreased knockback with an upwards trajectory, setting up combos
  • dtilt has a knockback reduction, and might be faster
  • Falling out of u-smash doesn't seem to be possible anymore, and a crouching kirby now gets caught in it when behind Link
Also on the U-smash:
The damage from U smash seems to vary from 16 to 18 depending on where is the enemy when Link delivers the last strike.

16 Behind Link (9 the last single hit)
17 In front of Link (10 the last single hit)
18 Above Link (11 the last single hit)

This seems to affect the knock-back and killing % with the slash above being the strongest and the one behind the weakest.

Edit.

I believe that the knockback in the above hit is stronger than the pre-patch, the front hit is the same as pre-patch and the behind hit is weaker than pre-patch.
That's all we have for now, but we do believe he has more buffs. One of us will be by later.

Last edited:

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
On a random note, even though OP says it, I am quite surprised there isn't more placebos mentioned like there was last time ("I swear Pac-Man had his grab range nerfed/buffed")

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
There's one unlisted change for Falco; down-aerial no longer allows the sweetspot to meteor-smash grounded opponents. It sends at an upward trajectory that emulates the pre-patch ground bounce.

Because it's no longer a grounded meteor it means the knockback will be noticeable pre-tumble. It removes Falco of a powerful jab lock which is a shame. Weird nerf.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Some of the various Link confirmations have truth to them. Dthrow's angle is very different, now sending at approximately an 85 angle compared to pre-patch's 110.

Usmash's first and second swings now launch the opponent toward a position above Link, instead of 90-98. This results in Usmashes picking up opponents behind and in front of Link much more consistently into the rest of the move. Usmash has always had different damage on the final swing depending on what part of the swing connects. 9, 10, and 11% are all consistent with pre-patch frame data.

For Grab range, I have to agree. It seems to be comparable to the maximum range of Fsmash 1. While in pre-patch grab doesn't extend quite that far. But it's very difficult to measure if the dash grab and pivot grab also have this extended range. Grab does not appear to be faster to act out of

Can't speak precisely for Dtilt's supposed knockback change since I'm comparing between 3DS and Wii U, but it seems precisely the same to me in terms of base knockback. The speed at which I can mash Dtilt post-patch does seem quicker to a small margin, however. I can't count frames to tell you if it's starting up faster or has an improved FAF. This move and Link's grabs can really benefit from some video evidence.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm still getting the clawshot buried in Robin's knee without actually grabbing her, I'm skeptical about the Link grab range buff. My mistake, misremembered the clawshot distance prepatch. It's actually legit.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There's one unlisted change for Falco; down-aerial no longer allows the sweetspot to meteor-smash grounded opponents. It sends at an upward trajectory that emulates the pre-patch ground bounce.

Because it's no longer a grounded meteor it means the knockback will be noticeable pre-tumble. It removes Falco of a powerful jab lock which is a shame. Weird nerf.
He can still lock with the late hit according to @ArcticWolf. It's a confirmed change, but we don't know the new launch angle on grounded opponents.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
We'll have a video in a few days. Our resident player with a capture card and pre-patch footage will make a comparison video soon.

And @ Lavani Lavani , just because the way the grapple mechanics interact with hitboxes hasn't changed doesn't mean it's not longer. The increase is actually pretty significant and if you played Link pre-patch you'd notice the difference immediately.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I'm still getting the clawshot buried in Robin's knee without actually grabbing her, I'm skeptical about the Link grab range buff.
See here's the weird thing, I'm comparing between 3DS and Wii U where various articles or attacks look very different, including the clawshot. On 3DS, the claw buries itself into opponents when they're just outside of range. On Wii U, that doesn't happen because the clawshot is well animated. 3DS is quite notorious for incorrect visual indicators of moves, and that's happening here for sure. But it's not enough to account for Link grabbing dorks farther away compared to pre-patch. The Fsmash 1 range is a very good reference point.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Shaya Shaya

So basically the fuel of up b got nerfed, not the distance it goes fresh. Not as major a nerf as I thought but still a nerf.

Sorry for the crappiness of the video.
Can you also show it with extreme balloon trip please?

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
No changes for Wario. First I thought that his jabs were faster but that wasn't true.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
  • Grounded to Air [l]edge transition mechanics altered, affecting run offs and other momentum techniques. Notable characters: Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Zelda (Nayru's Love)

Can we get some explanation/elaboration on this?

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
  • Grounded to Air [l]edge transition mechanics altered, affecting run offs and other momentum techniques. Notable characters: Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Zelda (Nayru's Love)

Can we get some explanation/elaboration on this?
Edge mechanics were changed, probably because dreamland's wind would have given too many SDs to players with specials that send their character into special fall.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
We'll have a video in a few days. Our resident player with a capture card and pre-patch footage will make a comparison video soon.

And @ Lavani Lavani , just because the way the grapple mechanics interact with hitboxes hasn't changed doesn't mean it's not longer. The increase is actually pretty significant and if you played Link pre-patch you'd notice the difference immediately.
My bad, you're actually right. I made this prepatch but wasn't referencing it and misremembered how far the grab was reaching, it does actually grab from about half a block further away now!

Last edited:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Can someone on a pre-patch Wii U test the bottom corners of Smashville? I was testing the Villager Balloon nerf when I noticed that Villager was disappearing almost completely into those corners of the stage... I do not recall this behavior. If it isn't a placebo, my guess is that Smashville's lip got the Lylat treatment from last patch.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I have not seen it mentioned in prior patch threads, but the mechanic already existing but it being tuned to recharge slower / different conditions may be a better clarification there.

Pac-Man used to be able to drop hydrants through platforms by buffering a hydrant after a sh fair. He can no longer perform this.

I can also deconfirm the freaky fruit buff
Is that a bug fix or ?
I'm guessing it's more like a timing thing/proximity to the ground that would make them drop through less so to do with forward air, right?

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
confirming Falcos fair start-up reduced.
and
Falcos upair is now hitting on frame 7 confirmed.

Yoshi suffers the most from this so at least mention him .-.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom