• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas or Ness?

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Youll be able to get a grab or some kind of hit in when you them with it. Everything eles you said is right though. I still prefer Ness` for its after effect though.It sets up grabs and against heavy opponents you can pk fire->pk fire->pk fire-> dtilt a bit-> grab-> pummel opponent while they are getting hit by fire-> Bthrow. however Lucas` is very good. Its better then Ness` in terms of range and it will hit much more.

But dont forget Ness` advanced PK Fire techniques to help Ness out.
QFT. I use Ness' PK fire in the same ways stated here, and that is why I think it is more useful as opposed to Lucas'. Plus it feels a lot better when you pull off a PK fire combo with Ness.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Plus it feels a lot better when you pull off a PK fire combo with Ness.

Exactly...sure, youll hit with Lucas` spammy PK Fire a lot in a match and rack up %, but pulling off a sweet Ness PK Fire "combo" for big percent.....your just like..."YES!"

Levitas

the moon
I think that drinking pure arsenic is better for you because it feels better. Nevermind some drink like gatorade which actually does things to help you. That's why ness is better.

@ frown, cool, but lucas has his own stuff.

On the other hand, I'm uncertain as to which character is actually better. I'm just picking out arguments that are wrong and pointing out their flaws.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Lucas hands down. His pika thunder works wonders haha.
Speaking of Lucas' PK Thunder, I finally was able to get "With Anyone" to work today with my new router, and Lucas stole my kills by hitting my dying foes with that. I was not happy at all.

xCrimson-Moonx

Smash Rookie
Lucas definitely has more advantages over Ness, but Ness has a few nasty tricks up his sleeve. Including his Bair, Bthrow, PK fire tower, and that wicked PK thunder missle... seriously...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Nine pages? Not closed?

Anyway, casually speaking Lucas is more fun but... Ness is an overall better character.
Lucas has bad matchups, he's rarely at the advantage, usually disadvantaged, and seldom even. He's tourney results are bad, he has a poor aerial game (and unless your Snake, good aerial games are needed)

Ness on the other hand has superior tourney results (TBH, not by much) much better matchups, a superior aerial game. Lucas only does better in recovery and ground game.

Going by Earthbound and Mother 3, Ness is still better.
Ness is overpowered in EB, having more HP, PP, Def, Speed and Attack. You can solo Earthbound with Ness without difficulty.
except the final boss
Lucas has stat increasing boosts, but it doesn't matter since Ness team seldom needs it.

Personality wise, Lucas is a coward (until a certain point)
Ness is braver, and has a *weird* backstory to him.

Ness wins out.

Ange

Smash Lord
I dont really care about Lucas' ATs, I still prefer Ness. Tho I do like sending people off with strong attacks so they fly, but I really enjoy using Ness' bair, dair and fair (lol). It feels good when hitting people with sweetspot moves haha. Sure, Lucas' Bair has a meteor smash sweetspot, but its harder to hit with (for me anyways), Ness one is easy to hit with. His PK Fire is awesome for combos too, and his PKThunder2 missile is incredicle when it hits people.

Yessss.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
I prefer Ness. He's harder to play well, since you need to be VERY wary with your recovery, as opposed to Lucas' super fast Incredibly hard to intercept PK Thunder (Hard to intercept for anyone but Fox and G and W, I mean). And trust me, when your fighting a good opponent, getting back to the stage can be a pain in the ***. Of course, that entire tangent makes Ness look worse, but not to me. He has a great comboing ability, good kill setups, a TON of spikes, albeit hard to pull of ones (did you now that his D-Tilt can spike? How bout his Yo-Yo when charging up a Up/down smash?). As for the Psi-Magnet argument, Lucas' Offensive Psi-magnet use is very limited. It has a tiny hitbox, and will likely just get you smacked unless you use it to punish lag (And it is HARDLY the move to punish lag with). Ness has a far superior aerial game, although Lucas has a superior nair, and although his bair kinda sucks, **** it feels good to pull off that meteor smash. PK Freeze= useless, and while PK Flash is not highly useful, at least it can edgegaurd well. Lucas' AT's are sweet, but not sweet enough to negate my future hopes of Jackets in Brawl, which can ONLY be Ness, due to yo-yo restrictions. Of course, jackets prolly arn't gonna be found ever in Brawl, but I;ve ranted for too long. Ness ftw.

livan

Smash Apprentice
they are strong in earthbound and smash but that depends of the like of every people

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
It's weird looking at how many people enjoyed Lucas more than Ness at the beginning of this thread, but in the end people prefer Ness now.

I used to main Lucas, until I realised how much I hated his aerial game. :/

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
It's a tough choice. I like to play as both. Ness has an amazingly awesome Mr. Saturn shirt and Lucas is pretty strong.

Probably Lucas, though, because I like his hairdo better and Mother 3 is the only Mother game I've played. (embarrassing, I know.)

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I'm a Lucas fan myself. I don't play much with Ness. Mostly because I hate Ness' recovery compared to Lucas', and Lucas has better ground moves.

I use ground moves. A lot.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I prefer Ness, as he's been there since the beginning, and I can play as him better.
I got used to the way Ness' PK thunder traveled, so I'm used to his more.

fruityman

Smash Cadet
I guess I like Ness better.
He sort of has more 'hidden power' if you like
then lucas. In terms of non-battlingness
tough I still like Ness 'cause...Home-run bat
is so cool :)

Levitas

the moon
If you like lucas's campy game, Rob. If you like spacing ground moves, snake. If you like using quick moves to punish lag, marth.

If you like Ness's setups into aerial strings, MK. If you like having a throw move be your primary KO, play 64 where Ness is a legit choice.

Veril

Frame Savant
Ness has an amazingly awesome Mr. Saturn shirt...
So true. Lucas needs a better wardrobe. Awesome hair though! Cowlick FTW!

Whenever I play Ness I'm like... where's the recovery? I want to zapjump. And... not get gimped.

I greatly prefer Lucas for a number of reasons but the most obvious is definitely the vast difference in recovery.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
So true. Lucas needs a better wardrobe. Awesome hair though! Cowlick FTW!

Whenever I play Ness I'm like... where's the recovery? I want to zapjump. And... not get gimped.

I greatly prefer Lucas for a number of reasons but the most obvious is definitely the vast difference in recovery.
Lucas doesnt have a lot over Ness though. Recovery IS a very important aspect, but besides recovery, his b stick pk fire, and smashes, i say Ness is better in basically everything eles.

Ibn.09

Smash Rookie
Ness. Because it feels so satisfying to nail a bair, dair, or PK Flash.

Top Bottom