• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas or Ness?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I like them both. Pretty equally. Though Ness will always hold a piece of my heart, I played him since SSB64 to piss people off because noone was able to use him properly.

Levitas

the moon
Lucas doesnt have a lot over Ness though. Recovery IS a very important aspect, but besides recovery, his b stick pk fire, and smashes, i say Ness is better in basically everything eles.
Kind of. Usually Ness is kinda stuck if he hits a shield.

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Lucas FTW. (I was trying NOT to be biased =])

Lucas beats Ness in recovery skills, especially PK Thunder. <--- Lucas
I like Ness' PK Fire, because it lasts longer, but Lucas' PK Fire has greater range and knockback. <--- Lucas
I Like Ness' PK Flash, because it is easier to control and KO's a lot easier than PK Freeze <--- Ness
Up A: Lucas wins, because it is SO strong, lasts SO long, and has GREAT range for an Up A. <--- Lucas
Down A: I hate Ness' Yo-yo (IMO it sucks). Lucas' has three powerful shots even if it is only one direction. <--- Lucas
Side A: Ness' is more powerful and has BARELY better knockback, however Lucas' is better after it gets used consistently. <--- Ness
(I'm not continuing into Bair and Nair and stuff...)

So Lucas wins....

cobralink101

Smash Rookie
Ness definately... and you can always reverse your PK thunder direction to mix things up, also Ness Back Throw so Awesome

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, that's people who played Lucas or Ness in Single Player, had a maximum of one or two matches with them and read a thread or two on Smashboards and think they know everything of the character.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yea, that's people who played Lucas or Ness in Single Player, had a maximum of one or two matches with them and read a thread or two on Smashboards and think they know everything of the character.
Siggable. Definitely siggable.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I am a person fan of ness over lucas

lucas does have other ko's such as n-air into f-smash or n-air into down smash

both of them have problems with their recovery but it always seemed like ness is better at approaching

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I use Lucas primarily.. I mained him until I found the wonderful primate that is DDK

I feel Lucas has wayy more options than Ness at any given time, better recovery, useful AT's, and minndgammeess out the wazoo.. Lucas is all about spacing, and Ness is all about the combos

Frown

poekmon
no no, that's not the point, what i mean are those comments like "Ness' Psi magnet covers both side of Ness, while Lucas' doesn't" or "their tilts are pretty the same" and when they talk about Lucas killing moves, they think Lucas only has his Usmash
Oh, I see. And I agree. Since I mostly pick Random, I have to learn how to play both.

But Ness IS better in my opinion.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
lucas is a better chrater but thats why i use ness i want to be the more skilled play (my brother uses lucas)

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Umm Lucas is easier to pick up and own with...

After playing for a while with ness learning combos and such ness > lucas.

Shiros

Smash Rookie
Definitely have to go with Lucas on this one. He seemingly outplays Ness in almost every way, 'cept for the fact that bat > stick.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Ness has better aerials, throws, and strings.
and his pk fire i get the mean comboes with thats move

Tipe: For ness players when you are doing your pk fire. Hit them with the attck then when there trapied and buring run in a do u down grab it does like 25%. Do it twice .......ITS ALLLLLLLLLL GOOOOOOOOOOOD:ness2:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Definitely have to go with Lucas on this one. He seemingly outplays Ness in almost every way, 'cept for the fact that bat > stick.

I'm tempted, oh so tempted to point out the flaws in this statement, but... Be Nice to Newcomers, as I always say, and I know I'll stray into a rant.

But I will ask, how much time have you put into each of them? If the answer is anything less than a month, then I'd say dig deeper with Ness and Lucas before sayin' stuff like that. There's a lot to be learned using Ness, but you gotta put forth the effort to find it.

Edit @ Trev: Good players will DI out of the Fire before you can grab most of the time. Even if they don't DI, no one will fall for that trap twice... At least, I wouldn't think.

Levitas

the moon
Last time someone called me out on Ness > Lucas, I three stocked him as lucas against ness, three stocked him as ness vs lucas, then before he got three stocked as metaknight against my lucas, he threw the controller down and walked away angrily.

I never saw him again.

Of course, this should't work against anyone good. Or even decent.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Last time someone called me out on Ness > Lucas, I three stocked him as lucas against ness, three stocked him as ness vs lucas, then before he got three stocked as metaknight against my lucas, he threw the controller down and walked away angrily.

I never saw him again.

Of course, this should't work against anyone good. Or even decent.
That is seriously awesome.

I think that from now on anyone who makes baseless claims about Ness vs. Lucas should have to drive to Michigan and personally play you.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Kind of. Usually Ness is kinda stuck if he hits a shield.
yeah...i cant bair to nair in one short hop very well so shield pressure can be kinda tough for me. also, people dont just hold their shield if I miss a pkt and just circle it around them.(while they are on the ground)...they put the shield down when I loop my pkt away :( I used to laugh when they would lose like half their shield just holding it up even when I have no intention to hit them with the head anyway.

Top Bottom