• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas community combo video: PeeKay Bay Bay

lil cj

Smash Lord
can someone explain me the name "PeeKay Bay Bay"? my english is not too good >_>

Well its kinda like slang
Peekay(PK) and Bay Bay(baby)...
Like for example if your shouting out, reppin your city(which in this case is Los Angeles) you would say LA baby!!!
It also came from the song "Ay Bay Bay" by rapper Hurricane Chris...he says Ay Bay Bay to get a girl's attention
I hope this explains it:)

Levitas

the moon
That's the same song that we're already using, though we're using a different mix.

There's another boss theme from mother 3 that's pretty cool if we're still discussing songs, though I'm not aware of a mix of it other than the straight version from the game.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Levitas, buddy! How's ripping them Youtube videoes going for ya?

And yes, Peekay Bay Bay was named after the song "Ay Bay Bay," and the the name of my Lucas guide that no one paid attention to.
huh? you had a lucas guide?

Levitas

the moon
Update: The vids are all ripped and buffering. Zman, expect a PM later today. You'll want a LOT of space free, though. I'm getting something like 10-20 megs per ripped youtube vid (I don't have the means to compress a .mov either) so you're gonna need to make some room or download them from me sequentially and compress them one at a time.

I'll give you a link to each download later today, when I can dump them all in one spot at once.

edit: the first of the long list of files is now downloadable, so it may be a couple hours.

Edit: update again: the deed is done

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
well i sent Zman a replay of an freeze spike i got yesterday. not sure if it'll make it into the vid though...

nasir123

Smash Ace
cool cool just make sure u actually make unlike the other people who say YO GUYS I'M MAKING A COMBO VIDEO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Veril

Frame Savant
:(

I look forward to seeing this thing.

Wish I could have gotten that item-zapjump to bair spike in. That's like, the only thing I have that's cool enough to contribute... Oh well, I'll get it here eventually.

I realize I could search the video editing threads for this but... worth a shot here... what are people using to actually get these videos? (friend with camcorder didn't come through so I'm considering buying... something?)

Veril

Frame Savant
thank you! All the Lucas vids make me jealous...

I have a mac though... wonder if all the info still applies (lol I'm probably the most tech illiterate person on the forum)

Levitas

the moon
thank you! All the Lucas vids make me jealous...

I have a mac though... wonder if all the info still applies (lol I'm probably the most tech illiterate person on the forum)
Zman has a mac, too afaik. PM him, as he has some way to get video.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Levitas did you include my Up Smash stage spike into your list?

I posted it in our original omelette thread way back when, so I wasn't sure if you remembered to get it.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I don't have a mac, but the computer I'm using to edit the video is a Mac. My PC at my house has no Movie Editing software (and it's complete **** to) so I'm using my computer graphics computer to make it in iMovie. This is the Mac I'm editing it on, BTW.

Levitas

the moon
Levitas did you include my Up Smash stage spike into your list?

I posted it in our original omelette thread way back when, so I wasn't sure if you remembered to get it.
Zman would know. I just took the list he gave me and ripped it, I don't really even remember who was on the list.

heytallman

CTALL
So ZMan still hasn't added my friend codes, despite posting here and PM'ing him. Does he hate me?

ZMan, if you see this soon, please add my stuff, I have some clips I want to submit.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
APC- I still need to DL the rest of the vids Levitas ripped for me and record the replays Neon Ness and Pink Fresh send me and heytallman will send me then I'll start to edit it on Friday. Oh and I choose the one of you vs. MArth on FD for the video.

heytallman I'm online right now.

heytallman

CTALL
APC- I still need to DL the rest of the vids Levitas ripped for me and record the replays Neon Ness and Pink Fresh send me and heytallman will send me then I'll start to edit it on Friday. Oh and I choose the one of you vs. MArth on FD for the video.

And it's about time, too!

I will begin sending you some of my replays. Feel free to use whatever you think would be best from what I send you. I'm sure you'll like something.

edit: Does it take a minute for it to register that you added me? Because it's still not letting me send the replay. I'll just give it a minute.

prOAPC

Smash Lord

what! most replays i sent were lucas vs marth on FD xD and i prefer the DDD one :) (first replay i sent)
and heytallman, try to have one wifi match with zman before you try to send the replays

heytallman

CTALL
I have to play him online before sending replays? That's......strange. Didn't have to do that with some other guy who I sent replays to....in any case I'll be waiting for a brawl with ZMan?

Irsic

Smash Ace
I finally have offline vids hosted.

*sigh*

My favorite video is screwed up and it's moving at 2x speed. It may have been the only combo worthy bit. t_t

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
If I can split al the videos succsessfully and get to use my computer during study hall, then I'm aiming for a Christmas Day release. If not, expect it early next year.
Hey Zman, so far, can you give us an estimate about how long it will be (minutes)? Considering that many players sent their videos, it could be around +7, right?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
lol... which will be finished first?

"The Sonic Underground"?

or

"PeeKay Bay Bay"?

Sounds neck and neck ATM.

:093:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
lol... which will be finished first?

"The Sonic Underground"?

or

"PeeKay Bay Bay"?

Sounds neck and neck ATM.

:093:
I'm guessing ours since Sonic Underground has been going on since like September.

I could be wrong, though... Either way, both are gonna be excellent.

Top Bottom