• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's broken.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
1) Melee marth was broken
2) Lucario is the new melee marth
3) Lucario must be broken

This truth has been proven with science!

:chuckle:

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I never exaggerate and always state EXACTLY what I mean. Lucario is obscenely broken, and his status on the tournament listing just goes to prove it.
Well that's your opinion then. If you are going by tournament listings, then do you believe, like a lot of people do, that snake, or MK or G&W are broken too? And if you think so, is Lucario more or less broken then them in your opinion?

Lucario's strong, but I wouldn't consider him broken. MK is broken for the fact that his attacks are all near-instant to excecute. Snake is broken due to his insane hitboxes, absurd damage and great mindgame potential. Lucario's moves however don't stand out like that: they're great, but a good player might be able to avoid them, especially his ground moves.
The only broken thing in Lucario is his d-air, for the simple fact that it can give you total control of his air game and absurd damage, along the fact that you can use it right from a short hop (though I rarely do).
Still the remainder is awesome, especially his roll (perfect for my dodge & punish tactic <3) recover (HA! busted!!) and projectile.

I think Lucario is going to become like Sheik in Melee. Less used when compared to top-tiered characters, however still capable of winning tourneys. I really hope he becomes something like this.
Agreed. Tallen=win.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Becoming obligatory since his move to "Overused" category despite being rarer than a horseshoe on a porcupine.

His fsmash has obscenely long range.
His recovery is obscene.
He can combo way too well.
His aerials have too much priority.
His aerials are on fire.
His short hop lets him combo too easily.
His wall cling is b0rked.
His ES is the best recovery move evar.
Dair.
Usmash hits invisibly.
Uair has too much range.
Dsmash is too awesome looking.

Anything I missed?

Baby Aura Sphere is too friggen spammable.
Aura Sphere is too powerful for its speed.
AS Charge mindgames are 2 gud.
BEST ROLL IN THE GAME WTF.
HE FRIGGEN REPLACED MEWTWO.
that might not be lucario it just might be your skill level.

his jump is truly sluggish giving many wide openings

also his recovory jump cannot do any dammage making it easier to get hit back while your recovoring.

also as most chars with lucario if you choose to sheild dodge you cant move for 1 full second(or close to one full second anyway.)

ALSO the aura sphere does almost nothing if you just press L or R. plus its not that hard to dodge

lucario is all about timeing

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
1) Melee marth was broken
2) Lucario is the new melee marth
3) Lucario must be broken

This truth has been proven with science!

:chuckle:

LIES!!! Marth was a noob character. All it took was c-stick this c-stick that to destroy kids. With the occasional forward, up and neutral air. That is obviously not the way to win with.... oh wait, never mind.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Alright, listen guys, we're not getting anywhere here. We're just bouncing back and forth with 'yes he is' 'no he isnt' 'yes he is' with a couple random posts in between.

Is there some specific topic we all want to talk about on the subject of Lucario being broken?

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
Alright, listen guys, we're not getting anywhere here. We're just bouncing back and forth with 'yes he is' 'no he isnt' 'yes he is' with a couple random posts in between.

Is there some specific topic we all want to talk about on the subject of Lucario being broken?
Spikes. Spikes on his god**** hands.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
ALSO the aura sphere does almost nothing if you just press L or R. plus its not that hard to dodge
If you're really accurate with Lucario's aurashpere and hit right before someone lands they'll get hit no matter what because whenever you land there is a little bit of lag even if you dodge and a big AS will be there long enough to punish you for it. I usually miss, but if you're close or good you can own with it.

Example of why Lucario as told by rathy: There's this kid who plays snake where I play brawl. >.> You guessed it, I loose every match even though he sucks ***. Like, he doesn't know basic snake tactics, or basic brawl tactics..... or basic smash tactics!!(ie shield grab) He does know what a tilt is and AAA so he owns my DDD. (I know, i know I suck..... >.>) Then yesterday I randomly decided to play my highly underused second, Lucario. I declared him my second around the time the game came out, but I DO NOT PLAY HIM.

Long story short I was about to 2 stock him, but he suicide because of the massive ****.

Moral of story: refer to name of thread.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Lucario is weaker than Mewtwo

In terms of percent dealed, Lucario must be at 155-166% for a fully charged Aura Sphere to match Mewtwo's fully charged Shadow Ball

I may collect fsmash data (or maybe even ftilt data if their ftilts are as similar as their fsmashes are) later

And just think: Aura Sphere's cap is at 167%, doing 126% damage!

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Lucario isnt broken at all... i think lucario is a cool character with great combo abilities and ppl who mains him are making a good job in tournaments. thats it!

so stop saying that our furry blue jackal with buddist powers is broken and go back to the snake boards if u want to complain

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well that's your opinion then. If you are going by tournament listings, then do you believe, like a lot of people do, that snake, or MK or G&W are broken too? And if you think so, is Lucario more or less broken then them in your opinion?
Much more broken. GnW has no substance. MK has no balls. And Snake shaves his legs. Meanwhile, Lucario's cute, fuzzy, and his aerials are on fire.

that might not be lucario it just might be your skill level.
ANY skill level will notice how absolutely unfair it is to fight Lucario.

his jump is truly sluggish giving many wide openings
So's Snake's and D3's, but you don't see them complaining!

also his recovory jump cannot do any dammage making it easier to get hit back while your recovoring.
So? If he did, he would be even MORE broken!

also as most chars with lucario if you choose to sheild dodge you cant move for 1 full second(or close to one full second anyway.)
...Lucario's right hand is awesome when he releases his shield. It makes up for it.

That's a stupid idea. Who presses L? Just fire it off when it's fully charged. It always hits, remember?

lucario is all about timeing
Not if his AS always hits and FP has 30% chance of stun!

His aerials are on fire.

Lucario is weaker than Mewtwo

In terms of percent dealed, Lucario must be at 155-166% for a fully charged Aura Sphere to match Mewtwo's fully charged Shadow Ball
....Bull****. So? Who cares about kill %? They're going to die if they get hit. It's a done deal. Besides, AS travels farther, is bigger, better, and BAS is awesome. And it's blue and on fire. How many projectiles can do THAT?

I may collect fsmash data (or maybe even ftilt data if their ftilts are as similar as their fsmashes are) later
Let me save you the trouble. Lucario's fsmash = Mona Lisa. Mewtwo's Fsmash = Picasso.

And just think: Aura Sphere's cap is at 167%, doing 126% damage!
Now THAT'S more like it.

*sigh* I miss the times where it was pretty much me, Milln, Nodrak and Jeepy and a few others around here... all of a sudden a lot of people decided to play Lucario as well and suddenly I'm not the odd one out anymore.
....*waves*
he's not that good(mid tier)
he is predictable though

he's good with mindgames
....Says the Yoshi user. :D

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Does everyone agree that Lucario's lingering, hard to discern hitboxes (i.e. the mojo he oozes as he fights) give a fair advantage considering his difficulty getting straight ko's when at low percents, or do some of you believe that makes him broken. I think it's fine when you compare it to other advantages some of the other characters have, like toon links very effective camping and short range, not to mention his very decent recovery, or zelda's "just appear and disappear" smashes and very strong din's fire.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
One thing I do know, it is fun to fight people not used to Lucario's hitboxes and hear things like this: "This is ridiculous, even when he doesn't hit me, he hits me."

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Well, I have to agree with the OP. As a Link main, I have to work my *** off to get some spam going while Lucario is just like
LOL CHARGIN MAH SPHERE
and as soon as I jump to place a bomb, an attack, ANYTHING, he just has to hit B at the right time. Ta Da, free 25%.

I haven't really found any weaknesses in his game except for his predictable / punishable recovery. But I'd never put him on the same brokenness level as Snake or Meta.
touche'...

Top Bottom