• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sigh.

Ok here it is.

No that isn't a direct flaming call out. That is him saying if people know Lucario they aren't going to be hit by the move. Wither that is right or wrong that is something you can discuss.

Which you did til you said this,

Keep in mind you've accomplished nothing with lucario and never will while you post in viability discussions downing on lucario because in reality you have no idea how to use him.
This a direct flame at him, you are calling him out as being trash which is not productive.

If you disagree, you can PM me and talk about it or go to forum support if you think I am modding incorrectly. We're not going to derail the social for it.

Last edited:

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Sigh.

Ok here it is.

No that isn't a direct flaming call out. That is him saying if people know Lucario they aren't going to be hit by the move. Wither that is right or wrong that is something you can discuss.

Which you did til you said this,

This a direct flame at him, you are calling him out as being trash which is not productive.

If you disagree, you can PM me and talk about it or go to forum support if you think I am modding incorrectly. We're not going to derail the social for it.
Just because you hit players that never face a Lucario doesn't make the move any good lol.
He literally directed his quote at Kami by saying 'you,' lol. Not saying what Kami said was completely necessary, but you can't sit there and say that he didn't call him out. Maybe the bias is real...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
this is silly, I would've warned both if I was mod.
First guy for provoking, Kami for taking the b8, also it's a social. There's supposed to be no direction really for a social tho

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If @ Croi Croi and @ Eeveecario Eeveecario didn't go out of their way to get as much data and try to help the meta as much as they do... I don't think Lucario's ASC to JCU and some other B&Bs wouldn't have been discovered by us. We should be thanking them more for all of their hard work. Croi and Eeveecario are the top Lucarios in Canada and Mexico respectively.

I cannot tell you how excited I still am about Eeeecario's hitstun calculator. http://tinyurl.com/hitstuncalc There has to be some neat undiscovered combo somewhere...

Anyone know if IASA frames are known about any of Lucario's stuff (excluding Shield IASA frames because Croi our boy already did that)?

Croi

Smash Lord
I suppose I could try to find out, I haven't done anything productive in a while. How would I do that? Use an attack and try to cancel it with, I dunno, crouch?

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I just don't know who in their right mind would say that Kami only plays bad players or something
He literally directed his quote at Kami by saying 'you,' lol. Not saying what Kami said was completely necessary, but you can't sit there and say that he didn't call him out. Maybe the bias is real...
And I didn't, you can go look in my post history and you will find the opposite.

There are few enough Lucario mains out there going to large tournaments to where you can't completely judge how effective a move is in that setting unless the opponent has extensive knowledge of Lucario. I would ask @Loota how often he successfully lands the moves in question against those who play him regularly, like @Trifroze for example.

To put another example out there, top Sheik mains are at the point where they can shield needles on reaction against other Sheiks. For a move as fast as needles, where does a 22 frame (minimum) move stand any chance?

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Guys, lucarios fsmash is an unviable move in top level play, never use it again. I've never been to a tournament or play much but I know muh frame data and it wont work

Steam

Smash Hero
I posted vids of me in the video thread very recently. Kami has a lot of high profile videos since hes the best luc.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I suppose I could try to find out, I haven't done anything productive in a while. How would I do that? Use an attack and try to cancel it with, I dunno, crouch?
Not entirely sure... Depends on how IASA frames for stuff like Ganon's USmash works, I guess?

Croi

Smash Lord
Not entirely sure... Depends on how IASA frames for stuff like Ganon's USmash works, I guess?
I dunno about that. From the frame Ganondorf's usmash is inputted, it takes him 42 frames to begin the animation to bring up his shield - it takes the same amount of time for his animations for ftilt, dtilt, and crouch to begin. So maybe there is no difference between "shield IASA" and regular IASA in this game. Not counting aerials, of course.

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
I dunno about that. From the frame Ganondorf's usmash is inputted, it takes him 42 frames to begin the animation to bring up his shield - it takes the same amount of time for his animations for ftilt, dtilt, and crouch to begin. So maybe there is no difference between "shield IASA" and regular IASA in this game. Not counting aerials, of course.
That's because Shield comes out immediately, and you can shield a hit even while the bubble isn't completed yet. So there shouldn't be any big differences... And yeah, Ganon USmash is scary on how fast he can react xD

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wtf.
F-smash has it's uses.
Having a pivotable smash attack to catch whiffed short hops, rolls, airdodges and attacks is always useful. Especially one that hits as hard as f-smash. Even if they're shielding it outta the bait, half there shield is gone, there pushed back, and at high aura any sphere or b-air will shatter there shield creating a situation where they're now suddenly NOT allowed to shield against a high aura lucario.

How hard is it to understand that a move can be bad in nuetral, but hit hard enough to have a use as a hard read? Those exists. You can compare anything on Lucario outside of aurasphere and forcepalm and say "See? This is a **** move, this move on Shiek does it better!"

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Dsmash has some really specific uses, while the Upsmash expands your hurtbox from hit1, the Dsmash never expands your hurtboxes.

Imagine Upsmash as a spring, you start with a smaller hurtbox, but expands your hurtbox from hit1 (the moment you release the charge) until hit2, making this option unreliable when you try to challenge some diagonal/horizontal moves. Dsmash never expands your hurtbox and compress those at the end of the smash, making it a bit safer just in this scenario.

Outside of this scenario and trying to punish/read rolls/dodges and sending your foe lower... I don't really see why you should be using Dsmash instead of the others

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Downsmash is at its prime if you are in bizzaro land which has customs being used as downsmash is the most optimal attack to use after landing a stunning double team. (Till your opponent is 80% or higher then you can just lazily Fsmash them due to the extended stun timer due to the highly damaged opponent)

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Sometimes I do First hit of dair => Down Smash

It's not a true combo by any stretch of the animation...nor is it the most optimal follow-up...nor is it good for pressure

But, hey, it sometimes works :v

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Sometimes I do First hit of dair => Down Smash

It's not a true combo by any stretch of the animation...nor is it the most optimal follow-up...nor is it good for pressure

But, hey, it sometimes works :v
I get dair to down smash because I was mashing dair and Lucario didn't halt his momentum 99.9% of the time.

I still try to use it to catch rolls, but that is a brawl habit of mine.
Nothing more frustrating than reading a roll correctly with down smash but thanks to how not active it is, it completely misses.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I still try to use it to catch rolls, but that is a brawl habit of mine.
Yeah, that's what sucks is like...
Simply running into roll distance, and charging sphere works so much better to capture rolls, because it goes into follow ups, lingers for as long as you want it, and still keeps them in check if they DON'T roll because you have a sphere aimed at them.

Like.
Legit, charging sphere just does everything D-smash SHOULD do, but doesn't.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sakurai should hire you Sunny

Yo damn. <3
I think that's like the best compliment I ever ****ing got before. HAHA. It's be fun to do something like that, but legit, i'm afraid if they actually figure that out, they'd buff d-smash slightly, and then take away a bunch of our sphere options are something lame like that.

:TTTT

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Got 5th out of 50 something yesterday, would have gone further if I had chosen literally any other option in a last hit, last stock situation.

Also second in doubles, was one game away from resetting the bracket.

Top Bottom