• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I got mentioned because I name searched.

I'm not sure who's arguing what but Lucario's smash attacks are gdlk at 75% aura, gtfo.

"Easily powershielded" is the worst argument I've ever heard; no the moves start up is not "double a humans reaction time" because then it would be a 30-32 frame move.

Also Bowser's fsmash is a bad comparison. Both forward smash attacks are really good, but for different reasons.

Literally stop throwing the forward smash out in neutral and wondering why you're getting punished and then coming here to complain about a supposedly bad move (when it's not).

ty i love you all, you're in my heart, ill see u soon bye :substitute: :4bowser:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I got mentioned because I name searched.

I'm not sure who's arguing what but Lucario's smash attacks are gdlk at 75% aura, gtfo.

"Easily powershielded" is the worst argument I've ever heard; no the moves start up is not "double a humans reaction time" because then it would be a 30-32 frame move.

Also Bowser's fsmash is a bad comparison. Both forward smash attacks are really good, but for different reasons.

Literally stop throwing the forward smash out in neutral and wondering why you're getting punished and then coming here to complain about a supposedly bad move (when it's not).

ty i love you all, you're in my heart, ill see u soon bye :substitute: :4bowser:
Literally my first half-assed try. Soundwhoring is a big deal in video games; bring a pair of noise-cancelling headphones to a tournament.

Fsmash is entirely a "win more" move. For it to be any good you need to be outclassing the other player in neutral and they will probably only get hit because they screwed up under pressure.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Warning Received
Since you're soooo keen on wishing continuing this stupid conversation...

GUYS!! GUYS!! I think Aura Sphere might be a bad move. Like, it's SO easy to just powershield. Like it has SO much end lag that we can LITERALLY be punished ANYWHERE for using it. And when he's at high Aura, it makes the "wooooorshhhhh" noise which is basically 100% hard countered by basic human reaction time. B-reverses? Pshhhhhh.... Any human worth his salt will just use their amazing, scientifically proven through some online website, reaction time to avoid it. Humans, after all, are just robots that will never fall to baits and mind games at all! Hell, why do we even attack anyways? It'll all just get powershielded.

Also, I play online sometimes. So I know my stuff!

Pack it up and face the facts, boys. We lost. It's over. The dream is dead. We shouldn't even bother going to tourneys because we'll just get beaten by the omnipotent and all powerful human reaction time.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hmm Double Team has some weird properties, doesn't it?

Also, Bark Bark, Aura is the name of the Skype group y'all are welcome to join.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Now that peeps have stopped bickering for the moment, who wants to take bets on whether or not Smogon will ban perfect Zygade from ubers?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Assuming it's stats look anything like Mega Requaza's... Depends on it's moveset, ability, and whether or not its typing changes.

While we're at it, ban Char from ubers for being such a badass~ :006:

:006:

In other news, Uthrow > Extremespeed is the most hilarious way to take stocks as lucario.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I don't suppose uthrow to RAR bair is a viable option at low percent/Aura, like what Luigi can do?
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it would take at the very least:

4 (frames of dash), 1 (frame to turn around), 5? (frames for jump), and 16 (frames for BAir). Which equals 26 frames of frame advantage we need when we can act out of UThrow.

I need to reference Eeveecario's hitstun calculator and your on shield data, Croi. Which I can do after work.

Speculation here, but with how hitstun works... The opponent would have be at super high percent and we would have to be at about 0 for this to possibly work, but if it does it may be a good revenge kill setup.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
"16 frames for BAir"

Woah hey now!
Reciting lucarios bad start up is a trigger warning for me. u~u

And regardless of if it true combos or not, it's pretty easy to train someone to airdodge into a b-air outta u-throw. Most people I do that on airdodge fearing the u-air only to get b-air'd = w= It's nifty.

EDIT:

PI-KA-CHU~
Sorry, irrelevant, but I like the fact that pikachu can suplex a 4 armed body builder 10x his size in this game.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
"16 frames for BAir"

Woah hey now!
Reciting lucarios bad start up is a trigger warning for me. u~u

And regardless of if it true combos or not, it's pretty easy to train someone to airdodge into a b-air outta u-throw. Most people I do that on airdodge fearing the u-air only to get b-air'd = w= It's nifty.

EDIT:

PI-KA-CHU~
Sorry, irrelevant, but I like the fact that pikachu can suplex a 4 armed body builder 10x his size in this game.
Psst, that Pikachu is a female due to the heart nub on her tail.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Depends on whether your scene is crawling with Diddys, Pac-men or other item heavy characters. Also I think its best to refer to it as jump canceled toss since the original glide toss was gutted in 1.04 along with DACUS

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
A certain Lucario main among us in these boards has the disorder known as agoraphobia. This prevents him from leaving his house or attending tournaments near him. I will not call him out but here's to hoping he comes out and gets the treatment he needs to represent Lucario and further the meta!

Top Bottom