• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Croi

Smash Lord
Anything smash 4 has >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tripping , infinites everywhere, horrible balance etc. All imo of course.
Rage is far worse than tripping. In all my time playing Brawl, I've never once seen a trip decide a match in my region (not to say it hasn't happened, of course). I'd love this game so much more if Rage weren't a thing.

e: eye emm oh

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Rage is far worse than tripping. In all my time playing Brawl, I've never once seen a trip decide a match in my region (not to say it hasn't happened, of course). I'd love this game so much more if Rage weren't a thing.

Dude, I've seen a random trip decide a win several times, mostly lose against snake and his traps, or failed challenges.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Dealing with rage is still more skillful than winning with tripping.

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Actually, it requires a lot of skill to trip under someone's projectile, the style and the salt. XD.

Samus has a charged shot? No problem! just bait a Jump n' Shoot, and trip under it!
Have a clear chance to get the KO and win the game? How about you trip first and miss the chance?
Spaced correctly and want to capitalize with a grab? How about tripping, land on their freaking feet and be at the mercy of them!
Want to dash and jump? Better trip first and trigger a mine in the process!

.... it was sooo funny and mean at the same time. It was a funny hellhole XD.

I remember Loota and his crew having a lot of fun with tripping

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I have with tripping.

Therefore I hate it.

edit: rage it no where near the rage I got at tripping. Rage I can plan fr, tripping I can't.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Actually, now that I think about it, this happened last year:
https://youtu.be/NQ_fq459mCg?t=6m35s

But it happened for me, not against me, so it's alright.

but seriously, **** Rage.
What about when you literally kill with two or less hits as Lucario with rage?

Without rage we would jump up a tier easily due to not dying until like 120 or 130. Sheik would not kill until like 200 lol.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
And then people would have been crying even harder that smash 4 takes too long.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
You guys are forgetting about momentum canceling. Remember when Meta Knight was secretly a heavyweight because he could just dair out of hitstun and live to ludicrous % also thanks to gliding and Shuttle Loop? Or being able to air dodge just 13 frames out of hitstun as a game mechanic?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
You guys are forgetting about momentum canceling. Remember when Meta Knight was secretly a heavyweight because he could just dair out of hitstun and live to ludicrous % also thanks to gliding and Shuttle Loop? Or being able to air dodge just 13 frames out of hitstun as a game mechanic?
I still FAir out of hitstun due to muscle memory and sometimes die because I am a dumb.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Announcement of the day: Aura bark bark!

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I need to stop being lazy and find more combos. Gotta use Eeveecario's hitstun calculator, reference data on Kurogamehammer, and cross-reference Croi's frame data because Croi's data has the frame you can shield. I know there has to be something we missed.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I need to stop being lazy and find more combos. Gotta use Eeveecario's hitstun calculator, reference data on Kurogamehammer, and cross-reference Croi's frame data because Croi's data has the frame you can shield. I know there has to be something we missed.
find those combos mti, we're all relying on you

Croi

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that all that data is from 1.0.0. I don't think Lucario's frames have been changed since then, but, you know, keep an eye out.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that all that data is from 1.0.0. I don't think Lucario's frames have been changed since then, but, you know, keep an eye out.
Fsmash and Dsmash got an endlag nerf. Takes longer to recover from, happened in 1.04 I do believe.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Source?
Because i'm pretty sure those went untouched...
The Lucario, Shulk and Toon Link differences were annoying me so I've managed to track down a 1.0.5 3DS and I'm getting results more in-line with what others have said. Before I was using a 1.0.0 3DS.

Lucario's forward-smash and down-smash cool down increases. Shulk's dash-attack buff and Toon Link's neutral-aerial landing decrease are actually 1.0.4 / Wii U release patch changes that were somehow missed. I'm consistently able to recreate these differences with a 3DS 1.0.0 copy of the game.

So apologies for confusing people.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm even more upset about how safe certain smash attacks are.
I basically want to crucify any Luigi main that trys to defend their character, when all of his smash attacks are faster or tied in startup with Lucarios Ftilt. Luigi's Dsmash is technically faster than all our grounded attacks as well at frame 6 since since Jab and Utilt are technically Frame 7 due to where their hitboxes start.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Lucarios' fsmash is safe af at high aura. Downsmash is nearly useless anyways. Luc is fine

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Lucarios' fsmash is safe af at high aura. Downsmash is nearly useless anyways. Luc is fine
And twice as slow as the normal human reaction time and extremely easy to powershield. Just because you hit players that never face a Lucario doesn't make the move any good lol. In fact, its more like 4x as slow due to the obvious AF audio cue added on to a 2 frame charge start.

Croi

Smash Lord
Think of it this way: according to KuroganeHammer, Lucario's and Bowser's fsmash both come out on frame 22. Lucario will shield on frame 55 (assuming he doesn't hit anything) and Bowser on frame 71 (also if he whiffs). To make up for the discrepancy, Bowser's legs have intangibility; it stays out two frames longer; and has significantly more range than Lucario's fsmash.

Is Bowser's fsmash a good move? If no, neither is Lucario's.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
And twice as slow as the normal human reaction time and extremely easy to powershield. Just because you hit players that never face a Lucario doesn't make the move any good lol. In fact, its more like 4x as slow due to the obvious AF audio cue added on to a 2 frame charge start.
lol you really try to insult me at any any chance you get don't you. No lucario should ever just throw it out and pray that it hits in complete neutral, but coupled with pressure, conditioning, and asc things you can bait people into a situation of having an increased chance of fsmash landing. I've hit many top players with fsmash including zero so i'd like to hear your reasoning on that too?

Keep in mind you've accomplished nothing with lucario and never will while you post in viability discussions downing on lucario because in reality you have no idea how to use him. Lucario's fsmash isn't above or below average because it can land kills on top tiers if you bait the right attack, even sheik.

Croi

Smash Lord
What kind of argument is that? Any attack is good if you bait it. Ganondorf's utilt is an amazing attack, you just gotta bait it, son.

A good attack is 1) useful in neutral, 2) a good pressuring tool, and 3) a kill move, or at least does high damage. Fsmash is one of those three, which is a failing grade. ASC is two of them. Bouncing Fish is all three, etc.

Feel free to call me ******** because I "don't use Lucario" or whatever, that's a pretty solid comeback of yours.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
What kind of argument is that? Any attack is good if you bait it. Ganondorf's utilt is an amazing attack, you just gotta bait it, son.

A good attack is 1) useful in neutral, 2) a good pressuring tool, and 3) a kill move, or at least does high damage. Fsmash is one of those three, which is a failing grade. ASC is two of them. Bouncing Fish is all three, etc.

Feel free to call me ******** because I "don't use Lucario" or whatever, that's a pretty solid comeback of yours.
when is solo dhd, might need to head in that direction at this rate

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I do not think Fsmash is a bad move.

When used in combination to the things Kami said which I agree that hitting with it is a lot more viable. Hell back in the brawl days I've done things like jab 1 > Fsmash.

Steam

Smash Hero
Throw > Vanish is amazing pressure, and it is a kill move, therefore it's a good move. Find a way to spam it in neutral and you'll turn my whole word upside down.
Trapping landings with fsmash is the same kind of pressure. It's not as good but its far from useless as a hard read punish move

Croi

Smash Lord
Trapping landings with fsmash is the same kind of pressure.
You can't link fsmash into or out of anything, an attack or a throw or ASC. Pressuring an approach or a landing with fsmash relies on the opponent taking one option over how many others they might have, whereas an opponent will always be roughly in the same position to get hit by Vanish (out of a throw), and the opponent must choose one of three options to avoid it (attack, airdodge or jump)

You seem to think that I meant that fsmash was an awful move with no redeeming qualities. Obviously that's not true... it kills very early and does a ton of shield knockback/damage, so it's safe on non-powershields. But it's not exactly a great move either, since you can't just whip it out, like most "good" moves can. That was the point I was trying to make.

Top Bottom