• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
@ Eeveecario Eeveecario would you be alright with using the Skype chat for matchup scheduled discussions? If so I propose we have Match-up Mondays (a good day since it would be right after the weekend with MU stuff from tournies fresh in people's minds).

If you are up for it Eeveecario please let @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu and @ Steam Steam know and we can probably put logs and stuff in MU threads.

Last edited:

Senshu

Smash Cadet
---- you could try talking calmly and with some amount of respect instead of talking to the other like they're dumb. Anywho.
Note, "talking to the other like they're dumb."

Not the same thing as calling them dumb. Re-read over your posts, and tell me you weren't.

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
MU Should be discussed anytime, I see no harm to it, as long as the people cooperate with it is fine with me.

Also, we really need to discuss the MU sometime, this can bring skilled players from the current discussion, so yeah, I'm in favor if people from other boards can join.

EDIT: Oh right, we were making this in the skype group, right? We should make a thread with the final results or conclusions whenever we start/finish one.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So, I'm maining Lucina and Meta Knight, that much is clear. Thinking on it again, what would Lucario bring to the table? I was thinking that Greninja or Rosalina would be better picks, however, Greninja is kinda similar to MK, and Rosie is rather overused. Also, what's up with the overdramatic "Civil War" stuff going on anyways? Is there some kind of joke I'm missing?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So, I'm maining Lucina and Meta Knight, that much is clear. Thinking on it again, what would Lucario bring to the table? I was thinking that Greninja or Rosalina would be better picks, however, Greninja is kinda similar to MK, and Rosie is rather overused. Also, what's up with the overdramatic "Civil War" stuff going on anyways? Is there some kind of joke I'm missing?
What he'll bring to you is the equivalent of how much effort you put into him. Same goes with all characters. At first glance lucario may seem like a character of extremes...and you'd be right, but you have to have extreme fundamentals to match in order to make him work. You need a strong spacing game to wall the opponent out, Tricky movement to approach and retreat against the characters who are quicker then you, and a decent grasp of mindgames to know both when to get in and out to net those early kills at high aura, and keep yourself living for as long as possible. It helps that his recovery can get you back from anywhere though. :3

With this in mind Lucario is an absolute demon if your fundamentals are better then the opponents by even a pinch. The longer you keep yourself alive in the neutral game, the more destructive punishes you get in the neutral. He can literally turn the tide of battle or widen his lead on the smallest mistake the opponent makes, both damage, and KO wise. To put it simply, you are NEVER truly losing as lucario. Watch in awe as your opponents get mad at the fact that every hit confirm you get means so much more then there's at high percent!

but again, this comes at a cost. Outside of the fact that he struggles to kill at low percent, his overall speed is lacking. He's not too quick on the ground, and floaty in the air making him rely almost solely on tricky movement like b-reverses, d-air stalling, and up-b's to prevent him from getting juggled. And while his recovery may bring him back from the very blast zone itself, it's very easy to intercept, meaning you REALLY have to be reading what the opponent's thinking and curve your shots accordingly to make it safe. In the nuetral his moves come out fairly slow in comparison to most of the cast. They end quickly, but this presents an odd situation in which he is a character who's fairly slow that must stay in the opponents face most the time until high aura. THANKFULLY, they are still pretty safe on shield and most lead into decent follow ups. Utilizing a bit of foresite, and your momentum shifting b-reverses to the max, you can dance around the opponent's attack range with relative ease, and strike when the opponent's either out of range themselve's or whiffing moves against ya for some reallllly punishing damage! Even at low aura his combos can be quite potent and easy to lead into off of most hit confirms~

So yeah.
Again.
he may be a character of extremes, but ultimately he thrives off of his own users understanding of the game. He goes from being a a bad character to an amazing one in the middle of the match, and how long he stays amazing is up to how good your understandings of the core mechanics are. Despite aura being an incredible factor, it means absolutely NOTHING if you're unable to make use of his mobility options, and precise moves to TRULY put down the hurt.

EDIT: Oh. but if you're talking about match up spread or some ****, you really shouldn't care about that kinda crap. The metagame is way to early to decide that stuff. Unless you're using top tier or a bottom tier everyone does relatively the same. Lucario's match ups are pretty damned balanced outside of a few top tiers who give him some trouble, but again it doesn't matter all that match. Just pick a character and start bodying fools.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
My MU thread was going pretty well, I thought, albeit a bit slowly, until Steam thought it wasn't good enough.

Just saying.

Oops. >W>
N-no offense of course dude. :X

Shield your eyes sunny. This is all my fault, I am sorry. we've failed you as a generation, the world you will inherit will be filled with pain and despair
IT'S OKAY
I AM NO BETTER

READING ALL THAT STUFF I WAS /SO/ READY TO START YELLING AT ALL THE PEOPLE YELLING AT EACH OTHER!

but then I realized I have no clue what anyone is even yelling about whoops. :>

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Shenanigans aside, I think we can all agree that this has been amazing weekend for the Lucarios. With Shiny taking a game off of Zero's Sheik, and Kami and Steam wrecking house at their locals. Kudos to everyone this weekend!

Now if only I could place higher than 5th at my locals ;w;

DireWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-1646-5262
'Grats to Steam, Alex and Kami for your tourney wins yesterday!

Also Since no one has said it yet
Congrats to @ Shinymonkey8 Shinymonkey8 for placing top 32 at PAX and beating Zero's Sheik!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Lucario's fair frustrates me to no end. How do you all deal with it?
It sucked ass at first.
Works pretty well though if you use it strictly as combo-filler or an anti-air.
It's really not that bad as SH-anti air, because you can do other stuff after doing it. Like jump back, do sphere shenanigans or fall with another aerial like n-air.

Or ya know
Just n-air
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Steam

Smash Hero
So the two factions, after a lengthy debate, have settled their differences and agreed on a chocolate distribution system that will be fair to all lucarios.

The war is over! (Add me or basically anyone for new Skype add)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The war isn't over for me. : s

Top Bottom