• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
I downloaded the Excel file. The chart is certainly very useful. I've made a few minor corrections to the file after downloading it:

For the cells in Column C that display the values of Lucario's damage multiplier, starting with cell C35, I changed the formula to be f(x)=IF($B35<70, 0.17*$B35/35+0.66, IF($B35<=190, 0.07*$B35/12+3.55/6, 1.7)) I also enclosed the formulas of the cells that display the hitstun values with the FLOOR.MATH function because the result of the formula is rounded down.

Additionally, I slightly modified the table so that it can calculate the hitstun values of moves with set knockback. However, it probably wasn't a very necessary thing to add.
Pardon me if I don't get the changes, and I don't mean to be rude in any sense but...
What exactly did you that formula does for column C? I can see you're multiplying and adding stuff, and the only difference I can see is less decimals. Also, Won't it alter the results for another attack range? And what those new variables mean?

Also, Thanks for lending me a hand with the decimals on the frames!

EDIT:
I see now what you did on column C, but I left it like that so it can adapt to other damage ranges,
for example this: 11.385% ~ 29.325% (AS damage range), placing them in the proper fields will fill the table with new values. (The only stuff you need to place would be "s" and "b" value for AS, but you get the point, right?)

the fact that i said b reversal ASC on the ledge when people are trying to get up is a cheesy mixup may be incorrect. it actually may be viable it seems. Lately ive been going for a lot of wavebounced ASC's off of sh's and canceling it to USmash OoS and its been working. pretty hype, nice looking into that math for us eevee

also hai slsuh its FZ, fancy seeing you here
Hehe we came eventually with the question if it was a true combo or not... And you know, since I started developing that guide, I'm starting to understand more specific terms and have some information sources, that actually earned my curiosity and check if it was or not.

And it's not chessy at all! Maybe it will be the Lucario HOO-HAA!

Well done, can't wait to bust this out when I get home. I would suggest putting it in the main forum after we use it for a bit (to help work out any kinks).
You're right, I would like to patch up some little details before showing it to everyone.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Something easier and pro-er...
Aura... Shine... Smash... ***!
Aura Shine, Maybe?
Hmmm.....but isn't it technically not a shine since shines don't exactly scale knock back with the target's damage. Unless, of course, I'm wrong on the definition of a shine...

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Pardon me if I don't get the changes, and I don't mean to be rude in any sense but...
What exactly did you that formula does for column C? I can see you're multiplying and adding stuff, and the only difference I can see is less decimals. Also, Won't it alter the results for another attack range? And what those new variables mean?

Also, Thanks for lending me a hand with the decimals on the frames!

EDIT:
I see now what you did on column C, but I left it like that so it can adapt to other damage ranges,
for example this: 11.385% ~ 29.325% (AS damage range), placing them in the proper fields will fill the table with new values. (The only stuff you need to place would be "s" and "b" value for AS, but you get the point, right?)
Yeah. Because of how I changed the formula for the C column, I made it so that the variable for the base damage of an attack would be located at cell L31. That way, it could still adapt to other damage ranges by changing the value of that cell.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Go onnnn, I'm listening.
Okay, then I think we can strike a deal. I have a Swiss Bank Chocolate Account that contains around 5000 unmarked chocolate bars. But since I'm a nice a guy, I'll throw in a little somethin' extra. 5 bars of authentic, Belgian chocolate. I was saving 'em for a special occasion, but since you seem like a trustworthy guy, you can have them. Talk about an offer you just can't refuse.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So I absolutely love the way Anther's ladder is set up. Being able to cp stages with icons is amazing.

We should all storm the ladder and try to get top 50 or something, so that we can feast on people's delicious tears.

I'm also starting to like pivot and perfect pivot FSmash more 'n more.

The Excel table seems to break when I use @ LimitCrown LimitCrown 's version whenever I change anything. Or I might just need a newer version of Excel...

I find it very curious how there are lots and lots of Pokemon calculators for everything, yet you really do not see anything for Smash...Despite IRL tournaments being a huge thing. Very very rarely you'll hear about a Pokemon cartridge tourney that actually has prizes with cash value.

Being able to determine true combos by plugging in numbers would advance every Smash meta. It seems you have to be a number junkie or have to dig deep for good information...

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
If I changed a value anywhere that affects the formula it shows NAME in the cells.
Hmm. I'm using Excel 2013. That may be the reason why the error is displayed. Previous versions of Excel don't have the FLOOR.MATH function, which is the one that I used. I have changed the file so that the other floor function is used instead. Hopefully, it should work now.

Last edited:

Sigoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sigoshi
alright so im new around here but quite the furry garbage lucario main so im sure i'll fit in eventually.
first thing i'll note is that i'm so glad that the word "aura" is used here just as much as one would expect it to be.
I made this a while ago when making these was the hip new thing:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Guys, what's your opinion about Lucario in For Glory 2v2?

Personally I'm having a lot of troubles, being KO to early or hardly taking a stock from foes. I think it's the time rule who is breaking me (or us, my brothers and myself) in this case, if it was a 2v2 stock match, I can bet it would be a different story.

Sloooooooooooow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bearissoslow
as someone who mained lucario in brawl and is currently maining him in smash 4, i believe lucario is def A tier. but that's just imho.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977

Personally I'm having a lot of troubles, being KO to early or hardly taking a stock from foes. I think it's the time rule who is breaking me (or us, my brothers and myself) in this case, if it was a 2v2 stock match, I can bet it would be a different story.
I personally don't use Lucario in 2v2. Even in stock matches. At least when team attack is on. I tried using him in 2v2 for a bit, but I either kept accidentally killing my teammate, or he would accidentally kill me before Lucario's Aura could take effect.

But maybe that's because we both suck at 2v2........

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I remember joining a random 2v2 For Glory once out of curiosity. Got paired up with a Charizard. I think Fsmash and AS were the only moves I used. Won without losing a stock.

I vowed to never do 2v2 FG ever again after that.

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
I personally don't use Lucario in 2v2. Even in stock matches. At least when team attack is on. I tried using him in 2v2 for a bit, but I either kept accidentally killing my teammate, or he would accidentally kill me before Lucario's Aura could take effect.

But maybe that's because we both suck at 2v2........
Honestly, I need some practice in 2v2 too, but not that badly (or do I?). I have tried to be the role of keeping both of them separated, assist ASAP if my teammate is in trouble or doubled, and stay on the back when I have too much damage.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario

no one takes that serious nor should you

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
no one takes that serious nor should you
It's funny you say that, because the other day, just to prove a point (and for the lol's), my brother and his friend got a 100% win ratio on For Glory 2v2's by spamming Wizard Foot with double Ganon and nothing else.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Well, as an aspiring Lucario All-around fighter, definitely should be something to have in mind, even a 2v2 match.
... But I agree that 2v2 for glory can't be taken serious in this case.
If you're trying to get better for glory is the first wrong step. If anything it will make you worse
go to matchmaking sites and get real games

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
If you're trying to get better for glory is the first wrong step. If anything it will make you worse
go to matchmaking sites and get real games
I know, playing For Glory is completely different as playing Local due to many reasons:
  • Delay input.
  • Lag.
  • There are more casual rather than competitive players.
  • And simply because is not the same.
But I live in a small city, and local tourneys are seldom here, meeting a group of people is possible though (but not many competitive ones). And please, I'm not saying I'm a fantastic fighter or anything to blow the others away.
Anyways, don't worry @ Kami~ Kami~ I get your point, for Glory is not the same as a Local Play or a competitive match. But at the lack of competitive players, I guess there's no other choice. Other than battling someone you have registered...
Speaking of which, Can I have a battle with you @ Kami~ Kami~ ? I would like to test myself.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I know, playing For Glory is completely different as playing Local due to many reasons:
  • Delay input.
  • Lag.
  • There are more casual rather than competitive players.
  • And simply because is not the same.
But I live in a small city, and local tourneys are seldom here, meeting a group of people is possible though (but not many competitive ones).
Anyways, don't worry @ Kami~ Kami~ I get your point, for Glory is not the same as a Local Play or a competitive match. But at the lack of competitive players, I guess there's no other choice. Other than battling someone you have registered...
Speaking of which, Can I have a battle with you @ Kami~ Kami~ ? I would like to test myself.
im not talking about going offline though that is the best practice. there is plenty of wifi matchmaking sites where you will find good practice and somewhat competent players

i'd play you if you joined the Skype group, not going to organize a match through a forum

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
im not talking about going offline though that is the best practice. there is plenty of wifi matchmaking sites where you will find good practice and somewhat competent players

i'd play you if you joined the Skype group, not going to organize a match through a forum
If you send me the invitation, I'll gladly accept it.
(Skype: enriquejaviere@gmail.com)

Last edited:

Sloooooooooooow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bearissoslow
FG 2v2 is hard to judge as a legitimate measure of doubles skill because you lack the personal knowledge of your partner and thea bility to make strategies and such. heck, that's why some of the best doubles pairs were so good. you can't just have two good players together and expect it to mesh.

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
FG 2v2 is hard to judge as a legitimate measure of doubles skill because you lack the personal knowledge of your partner and thea bility to make strategies and such. heck, that's why some of the best doubles pairs were so good. you can't just have two good players together and expect it to mesh.
Yeah, but in my case, I tackle 2v2 with my brother(s)

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's a decent place to maybe test team combos and setups. Just know there will be a lot of invalid setups because of FF being disabled.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Which gender of Lucario do you guys prefer?

I like to think the one I play as is a girl, myself. Just one with a really growly voice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom