• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm not quitting, I'm on a hiatus.

I need a break from the stupidity in my scene. On top of that I feel like something is wrong with a game when I'm more scared of bad players than good players. I don't know, maybe it's because I play bad characters but some of the sequences of events that happen in my games are just disgusting and I'd rather not adopt a sanford kelly mindset but I also dunno if I wanna suffer through mediocrity and underachievement like I had to in brawl.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607

I need a break from the stupidity in my scene. On top of that I feel like something is wrong with a game when I'm more scared of bad players than good players. I don't know, maybe it's because I play bad characters but some of the sequences of events that happen in my games are just disgusting and I'd rather not adopt a sanford kelly mindset but I also dunno if I wanna suffer through mediocrity and underachievement like I had to in brawl.
Performing a set winning Aura Sphere Charge to Jump Canceled USmash on M2K is an underachievement?

I understand that life can be life and we all need breaks.

I think you have a tremendous amount of potential and you have a lot of respect here. If you want to lab some stuff with Lucario I'd be happy to help with what I can.

Or if us need any help with stuff in general feel free to poke your fellow aura dogs.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I feel like something is wrong with a game when I'm more scared of bad players than good players.
I feel like I shouldn't be doing this to a mod, but here goes!
git gud.jpg

But in all seriousness, sometimes we need to take breaks from this game. Just don't get too hard on yourself!

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario

Take your time.
You can't be always on edge, it's too exhausting to do. Just take a break from the game, or at least from the competitive scenario.
Cheer up bro! Hope you have sharpened your fangs when you're back!

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Hey guys. I just wanted to let you guys know that im going be gone for a couple months due to boot-camp. I hope i can come back into my competitive scene eventually.
I also can't wait to see Steam playing again.
Anyway, i wish everyone here good fortune. May the Aura forever be in your favor.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Customs are so toxic to this game, that even D'vorah can't handle it.

Hopefully everything goes well for you at boot camp and you build up a nice army guy body in the process.

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
So I just got told that Lucario actually benefits from customs. Hue.

From someone who tried to like customs with all his might and finally seeing the light, this is hilarious.

Steam

Smash Hero
Honestly piercing aurasphere is a fantastic tool against some characters like rosa, villager, olimar, pacman etc.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Honestly piercing aurasphere is a fantastic tool against some characters like rosa, villager, olimar, pacman etc.
It has some major drawbacks at any rate, and using them means you have to put up with other characters customs. By benefit from customs you have you think of it as Meta vs Meta, not Custom Lucario vs Non Custom Lucario.

Last edited:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I just can't get used to customs. I've tried them on a number of occasions but Luky's default specials click with me so much better and I do so much better with them.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I just can't get used to customs. I've tried them on a number of occasions but Luky's default specials click with me so much better and I do so much better with them.
His standard set is already pretty good. Not easy but good and works to his style.

On another note. I feel like I'm degrading as lucario. I played for like 5 hours yesterday and killed myself for like 70% of my stocks

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Breaks are always good. Sometimes you need to take a long break from Smash in order to come back refreshed and ready to play again.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Breaks are always good. Sometimes you need to take a long break from Smash in order to come back refreshed and ready to play again.
I only get to play like once a week. I really need to actually use my copy and go into the lab. Link needs se lab time too but man...my matches with Luky almost always devolve into getting AS and reading them to land it

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Has anyone played with neutral B turn-arounds on the ground? its been a good tech for sheik and can be even better for lucario covering our back so quickly with ASC. Especially against falcon or pika who are always rushing in.

Croi

Smash Lord
I was under the assumption that Lucario can't do that. Like how he can't cancel his charge in the air without airdodging like Donkey Kong can.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't imagine playing without it as Lucario, too central to my gameplan. I really struggle with Samus' Charge Shot sometimes because she can't do it and feel like an idiot when I just shoot it the wrong way.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I was under the assumption that Lucario can't do that. Like how he can't cancel his charge in the air without airdodging like Donkey Kong can.
I've tried it a few times and it is possible to do a turnaround AS on the ground. Although if you don't have a full charge you need to double tap B to release it, but that's pretty much a given

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's doable, just one of those options with situational uses.

Last edited:

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
its basic i just dont see people do it often, i watched vinnies shiek use it really well the other day but hes the only person ive seen really use it as a movement option

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Turnaround B is harder to do than B-reverse at any rate, also requires a good stick. If I do it on the 3ds it's by accident from jumping backwards and trying to B-reverse AS.

Took forever for me to distinguish between the 3 because all the guides generally were confusing about the inputs.

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
to clarify i was talking about doing a turn around b on the ground during a run, ive only seen lucarios use this to set up their ASC edge guards but i feel i could have other uses.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
to clarify i was talking about doing a turn around b on the ground during a run, ive only seen lucarios use this to set up their ASC edge guards but i feel i could have other uses.
They use it all the time to catch rolls and kill them with ASCJCUS. It's one of Lucario's most useful tools for footsies.

Last edited:

Moondowner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moondowner
3DS FC
0748-4199-9030
Hey all, I'm Moondowner. I've recently stepped out of the friends IRL scene to the all over Sm4sh scene. I'm hoping to get better and Lucario is my primary main. So I came to introduce myself and say hi. Hi. Anyways, I'm down for learning and growing into a better player and hopefully become semi-competitive, if not really competitive.

I've only been on these boards just recently so I've just come to introduce myself and put myself out there that I want to be good with the Spike Wolf. So teach me your ways, Lucario board. :)

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Hey all, I'm Moondowner. I've recently stepped out of the friends IRL scene to the all over Sm4sh scene. I'm hoping to get better and Lucario is my primary main. So I came to introduce myself and say hi. Hi. Anyways, I'm down for learning and growing into a better player and hopefully become semi-competitive, if not really competitive.

I've only been on these boards just recently so I've just come to introduce myself and put myself out there that I want to be good with the Spike Wolf. So teach me your ways, Lucario board. :)
Hello Moondowner, and welcome to the boards.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977

Welcome! The board is usually low activity most of the time since most of our talking happens on the Skype chat. The link to the chat is on the first page of this Social if ya want to join

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
After not entering a tournament for almost 2 months, I won doubles with Rich Brown and got third in Singles. 99% with Lucario, 1% with Sheik on Saturday. Lost to RB's Luigi and Zan's Toon Link in Loser's finals. The lack of having any kind of range on our normals suck in these matchups.

Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers

Btw are you from Norcal? Because I saw you post on the NC FB page.

Just curious.

Moondowner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moondowner
3DS FC
0748-4199-9030
Apologyman? I'd have to get in touch with him. I'd love to get some experience against another lucario and see what I bad habits I have and how I can correct them.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
@ Steam Steam I just want take the time to appreciate how goofy and awesome the pics for the various MUs are (especially Luigi and Yoshi). Keep it up.

Top Bottom