• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I think it will work better if i study for mid terms instead. Cant wait till the end of next week though! SPRING BREAK!!! WHOBO!!! lol at smokemaxX, i doubt we could drive 9 hours to a tourney. Also denti, i think thats when DMT is ment to be :((( maybe i should move DMT even further

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
lol at smokemaxX, i doubt we could drive 9 hours to a tourney.
Just throwing it out there for anybody that was willing to. We have a lot of people from Texas coming in so if you want to try to hitch a ride from the Dallas crew or something I can see if they have room in their car.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dakpo, your logic is comparable to a squirrel seeing a car and running back across the street once it has already crossed the street.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Alex, i am not going to go for your constant disregard for my rules and what i tell you to do! I said no sleep at all and go win the tournament. I am sick and tired of your sandbagging 806 egg lizard.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Tyson, I'm tired of your yoyo spinning, PKing, bat swinging, short derp kid! You refuse to die from a giant green dino's head smash when you're released from the jaws of Mario's best sidekick! :mad:

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
This is a little disturbing....Gotta go and talk about my kid like that. Personal bashes eh? Okay.....okay...... i see how it's going to be. Shi just got real.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
E.G.G. L.I.Z.A.R.D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol thats your new nickname :)
Tyson, are you going to be at whobo?

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I have to pick between going on a trip at the beginning of spring break to Austin to see some friends, or go to WHOBO. I don't think i would have the money to do both. Primarily cause gas prices take such a big toll when you go on trips. I spent 100+ on gas alone this past weekend.

So i guess if i do go, it would be super last minute.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Compare both things in terms of some and lots more.

Austin = some friends + more gas $$ + some fun. :)
Whobo = more friends + less gas $$ (YOU FLY) + tons of fun! :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Compare both things in terms of some and lots more.

Austin = some friends + more gas $$ + some fun. :)
Whobo = more friends + less gas $$ (YOU FLY) + tons of fun! :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
Haha, well it would still be less gas money cause i would be splitting it with some other guys on the drive to Houston. Not cause of my flying. It has to be a SouthWest Airlines flight, and they do not fly out of San Angelo, so i would have to drive home to Lubbock just to fly out to Houston.

Whobo would be fun, it always has been. I have been to all of them, i guess we will see

i like egg lizard's reasoning
Hahaha Egg Lizard, it really is going to stick. It just flows and fits so perfect. His reasoning has some truth to it, i guess we will see.:)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Guys, atm there are literally dozens of users on the Pound thread. Apparently there's a lot of controversy about the payouts.

Top Bottom