• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
lol you guys, so who is making the PR picture?
We need to agree on a PR first. Who wants to propose one? And since it's the first one, don't fret b/c it is only temporary.

This is the PR, strictly my opinion: Dakota, Kyle, Tyson, Nolan, Kevin, Phil, Bobby, Trent, Andre, and me

This list is only imo b/c we don't know Zac's system of calculating PR ranking. Can everyone agree to this, just temporarily so that we have one?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
if we are going by tournament results it would have to be
Dakpo, Kyle, Tyson (if he is on the PR), Kevin, Nolan, Phil, Bobby, Trent, FTP, Ande
Nolan has never placed better than kevin at a dmt., and also placed just as well as Tyson at the last dmt... so its hard to say

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
First and foremost don't even put me on the list, it's really not a deal at all. I am perfectly fine without being on. Like you guys said i don't go to all of your events and i don't live there. So with that said, yes i request to not be on it, even if you wanted to put me there.

There is an issue though.

You are going off of ONE tournament. A lot of factors go into a tournament placing. Hard bracket, an off day, ( insert reasons for doing bad). Also, just because someone places just as well as someone else or even better, does not mean they are the better player.

With that said though, it is yall's PR and can do it however you want too, i guess just my 2 cents would be to wait till after the next dmt at the LEAST to start forming a PR.

Basing it off a few people's "opinion" can be HIGHLY bias and not come out with the best results. If you are going to go that route, i would suggest doing it the way they did it before Zac's ranking system and get a panel of people to discuss the rankings and their reasoning behind why X-player should be at Y spot.

Your best bet is just going to be to get your hands on zac's program. I really don't see why it will take SOO long to get it like you said. That IS the best option hands down

Or you can just do it whatever way you want. Makes no difference to me. Just my thoughts on the matter

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Ok, we will base it off of three tournaments: DMT 3, 4, 5. Maybe all of them & ADHT? Singles only. I will follow these criteria:

• Players are rated based on head-to-head battles for any given tournament. They are not based off of placings (1st, 2nd, 3rd), as this is not necessary.
  • Everyone starts at 1600 points. This is considered the average score.
  • You gain points for beating someone in tournament. If they have more points than you, you'll gain more points. If they have less points, you'll gain fewer points.
  • You lose points if you lose to someone in tournament. If they have more points than you, you'll lose fewer points. If they have less points, you'll lose more points.
  • Not going to a tournament means you will not gain or lose points, you'll stay the same.
  • Only Brawl Singles are counted for ratings. Teams, Low-Tier, etc will not be counted.
  • Players must have participated in at least two tournaments to appear on the PR list.
Dakpo & Tyson, this will be an on going discussion. Private or public?

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
If we were to discuss it, it would no doub need to be private. The best method for that however i am unsure, i suppose you could make a group on SWF or something, you may have a better idea.

I am not so sure you should use tournament results from that far back, people have gotten a lot better since then, however that is fully up to you guys.

I guess my biggest question would be, Is there a rush to get this done? And if so, how come?? ( Not saying it is a bad thing if there is a rush, just trying to get fully on the same page with everyone)

If there is no rush, it would probably work in your favor as far as accuracy goes, obviously because it would give us more recent tournaments to go off of.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
There's no big rush, but no doubt we want to promote competition and show the rest of Texas how we might rank against the rest. You are right though, it would probably be better to wait for more results. If we were to discuss, I will just start a private group here on smash boards that you can join.

Watch for invites to the group.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

TODAY is the LAST day to buy your whobo badge/venue fee at a discounted rate of 45$(and a bit lower for groups) so DONT WAIT or else you will need to buy your badge AT the door for 55$(seriously, tell everybody you know). You have had MONTHS to do this so i dont feel sorry for you. Go to the opening post to buy your badge/venue fee!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
The only reason i cant get a hold of the program is because there is not a version of it that we could run. Zac is a programmer and has made quite the in depth program that none of us could use. He said he would make a "user friendly one" but to no avail

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
The only reason i cant get a hold of the program is because there is not a version of it that we could run. Zac is a programmer and has made quite the in depth program that none of us could use. He said he would make a "user friendly one" but to no avail
You're a champion. Champions always find a way. Start learning programming then. Only seems like the logical thing to do;)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dakpo, I asked the lubbock crew if they wanted to go to DMT 6, and for the most part, everyone is leaving right after class on friday or saturday morning. :(

Dakpo

Smash Lord
nah, we will just move it to another weekend. Having the tournament so i could warm up would be selfish if no one else could show. So smash fest this Saturday?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Ewwwww how unfortunate. I am sure the Amarillo boys will do it big anyways.
Not as big as lubbock, HAHA!! <3 Dakpo

@Dakpo: This weekend will be more feasible. Good thinking, oh and I might have found someone else to room with us at the Whobo venue.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dirt cheap is staying at a friend's house, but hey, we practically get to wake up at the venue.

So, I call dibs on one of the beds.
If I can do that

Dakpo

Smash Lord
lol i dont mind sleeping on the floor, as long as i got a pillow and covers. I think infinity called another bed. Any confirmation from kyle?

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I can't confirm my brother, since I don't really want to pay for him.
I need to talk to SS more about it to confirm. I also need to talk to Infinity about carpooling from Dallas.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
lol i dont mind sleeping on the floor, as long as i got a pillow and covers. I think infinity called another bed. Any confirmation from kyle?
I really haven't talked to him about it. I don't think he would travel anyways, but I'll try and get more interest from people.

WTF you noobs, you should NOT be sleeping. Every morsel of practice you can get is imperative to success!
My goal is to have a good time, so by that, I don't need to win. ;)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I only sand-bag against you Tyson. You will find that really soon that Yoshi's real place is right above Ness on the tier list. :)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Pssh, I don't main Yoshi. He's my quaternary (4th main). :troll:

On a different note, you should try and come to lubbock for a big smashfest this saturday. Some scrub named Dakpo is showing up.

Top Bottom