• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low tier combo video

N64

Smash Champion
i'm fairly certain skler is one of my favorite link players.

and OBM is too good. good stuff to all involved.

Tian

Smash Apprentice
Lol! You sure teached me something about Pikachu.

And i learned new moves for my favorite (Peach). Thanks man ;)!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I find watching good Bowsers, DKs, and GaWs, much more impressive than good Links and Pikas. There should be a tier called sLow tier, for all the char's that are slow w/o AT's.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Well kevinM. Considering they counterpicked your bowser against the falcon i expected some fastfaller getting *****. Who am i? Im just a random smasher from GA. And to say how good the people r. Its not me personally its from a technical point of view. The biggest combo the sheiks did on a LINK was 2 or 3 hits and all u have to do is sit there and F-tilt to get a bigger combo. No chainthrowing was done whatsoever. The falcos didnt shine combo. Not much more to say.

Skler

Smash Master
I hope you know that if Link simply DIs away he won't be hit by another tilt. The most Shiek can do if Link DIs is an aerial (dash attack into aerial at mid %s). Also CCing will stop any low % (and thereby long) combos. Oh yeah, you can't chainthrow Link to a decent % on battlefield for reasons shown in the video.

Just don't go around saying stupid **** like saying you can stand still and ftilt to combo Link. Maybe against a scrub, but not against a competent player.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Well kevinM. Considering they counterpicked your bowser against the falcon i expected some fastfaller getting *****. Who am i? Im just a random smasher from GA. And to say how good the people r. Its not me personally its from a technical point of view. The biggest combo the sheiks did on a LINK was 2 or 3 hits and all u have to do is sit there and F-tilt to get a bigger combo. No chainthrowing was done whatsoever. The falcos didnt shine combo. Not much more to say.
If you can do better than them, come to ct and prove it. :p

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Umm

No they did do that, thats how he lost his stocks

However this is the combo video

And i'd like to see you take any one of the low tier or high tier mains on in this video...

Better yet go to a tourney before you speak

The Bowser has spoken

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Only complaint I have is that some of the clips were used a little much but it was for editing to go with the song so it doesn't matter. Nice low tiers.

G&W is a pimp.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Okay, first of all its true i have only been to one tourney. But at that tourney I placed second, first place being the 3rd ranked player in my state. Second, KevinM said that the sheiks only took off stock by doing the combo'ing, while Skler is saying that link can avoid the combos and that he was smart enough to do so. Thus two people have disagreed against each other, and completely disproves both of your points. And if 1 person doesnt think it was that good and every1 else says it was good...then unless you know it wasnt good and are just feeling defnesive about your mediocre playing, then there is no point in arguiing with some1 who you think is a n00b aka me. If mu opinions are so stupid, then y waste your time arguing with me? And rapid assassin... u said that i should come to CT and see if i would do any better, well I never once said in my posts that i was better than any of you, so once again stop being so defnesive. Though i do thing i could beat a fair amount. This is a discussion forum, dont forget that. So when you post a video, people are SUPPOSED to comment on what they think, not just say "OMG, THAT VID WAS AMAZING". The whole point of posting the vid should be so that people give you their opinions on it, and maybe critiquq, not so that people shudder in awe. And if you read the comments on youtube, then you would see that i complimented the Skler, the G&W player, and the pika player... and also, if link can get out of sheiks combos so easily, go play a good sheik player and then we will talk. I am in no way "flaming" people, but instead am simply stating that i have seen better done with the majority of the characters with my own eyes, and think that there were many mistakes overall. And no one ever replied to what i said about counter picking a bowser agaisnt falcon on yoshi's story. Im sorry for expecting your counterpick to actually do well i guess... On the high tier part the only people who played well were the falcon (who took advantage of his opponents horrible DI) and the marth, though the marth did not play well consistently. To be honest the only player i saw who i truly enjoyed watching, was the DK, mostly because he didnt need his opponents to suck at DI to mindgame them and combo them. U can reply w/e u want to, but this is a DISCUSSION FORUM, where people say what they honestly think.

Skler

Smash Master
Okay, first of all its true i have only been to one tourney. But at that tourney I placed second, first place being the 3rd ranked player in my state. Second, KevinM said that the sheiks only took off stock by doing the combo'ing, while Skler is saying that link can avoid the combos and that he was smart enough to do so. Thus two people have disagreed against each other, and completely disproves both of your points. And if 1 person doesnt think it was that good and every1 else says it was good...then unless you know it wasnt good and are just feeling defnesive about your mediocre playing, then there is no point in arguiing with some1 who you think is a n00b aka me. If mu opinions are so stupid, then y waste your time arguing with me? And rapid assassin... u said that i should come to CT and see if i would do any better, well I never once said in my posts that i was better than any of you, so once again stop being so defnesive. Though i do thing i could beat a fair amount. This is a discussion forum, dont forget that. So when you post a video, people are SUPPOSED to comment on what they think, not just say "OMG, THAT VID WAS AMAZING". The whole point of posting the vid should be so that people give you their opinions on it, and maybe critiquq, not so that people shudder in awe. And if you read the comments on youtube, then
you would see that i complimented the Skler, the G&W player, and the pika player... and also, if link can get out of sheiks combos so easily, go play a good sheik player and then we will talk. I am in no way "flaming" people, but instead am simply stating that i have seen better done with the majority of the characters with my own eyes, and think that there were many mistakes overall. And no one ever replied to what i said about counter picking a bowser agaisnt falcon on yoshi's story. Im sorry for expecting your counterpick to actually do well i guess... On the high tier part the only people who played well were the falcon (who took advantage of his opponents horrible DI) and the marth, though the marth did not play well consistently. To be honest the only player i saw who i truly enjoyed watching, was the DK, mostly because he didnt need his opponents to suck at DI to mindgame them and combo them. U can reply w/e u want to, but this is a DISCUSSION FORUM, where people say what they honestly think.
First of all, use paragraphs. That is a wall of text. Also you did flame by claiming you could do better than the Shieks I played by simply standing still and using one attack. Since when was that not an insult? You even insult us all (except **** Tom and Mattdotzeb) by saying "To be honest the only player i saw who i truly enjoyed watching, was the DK, mostly because he didnt need his opponents to suck at DI to mindgame them and combo them.".

Well let's see, I've played Marcus' Shiek (this is way back in the day though, like a year ago) and I've played all the good NE Shieks. Shiek vs Link is a matchup I am very used to. Link's DI ruins any long combos shiek has unless a mistake is made. Combos still happen, such as dthrow -> any tilt -> fair or jab -> tilt -> fair or jab -> grab, etc...

I've beaten plenty of Shieks in tournaments, and the more I play the more I learn about how to DI out of Shiek's combos. I don't think I can beat any of the pro Shieks out there (with Link), but I know I can beat good ones because I've done it before.

The Bowser vs. Falcon thing was my fault, I don't know Bowser's matchups at all but I assumed Falcon was similar to the space animal matchup. KevinM didn't suggest I put him in against the Falcon, that was me and my lack of Bowser knowledge.

It's video discussion, we are discussing the video. You said your opinion on the video and we discussed it, what's wrong with that?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
w/e, at least thank you for clarifying the bowser thing. Second, i didnt say id do better by standing there, im saying they could have gotten a couple of hits off. You said you have played most NE sheiks...how did the matches end up. I could say ive played Ken (i havent) but if i dont mention how bad i got beat then theres no point in saying it. Plus, you did well in the match-up, i just thought that the sheiks could have done better, unless you are a lot better than the sheiks you played. The pikachu did well, but his opponents could have avoided the up smash better. The zelda did extrmely well, but once again the opponent DI could have been better and saved them a lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAVnCHokTkk
That is 5 months old, and yet it is still a better display of good playing, DI, mindgames, and a bowser. And it'd be funny if any1 posted saying they could beat them. Cuz unless some1 who has proven how good they are out of state, and against other well know players, it would be the funniest thing i have heard all week. And ill stop insulting any1, and would like to know if New Hampshire happens to have a power rankings list, and possibly a video of those top players? Just so i can get an idea of how good u r. If u want to see a vid of me, though it was back in May, and i have gotten better since. Then here is a crew battle:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8093831682882865527
The jiggs player was 8th in GA at the time this was recorded. Im with the savannah team. The marth player at the beginning, stalin, is as good as me and articanus, but he was just playing badly. 112, the guy who used luigi is 3rd in GA but mains marth not luigi, though he is good with him. Articanus played against a random falco player in GA, and as said b4 stalin, articanus, and i are all (we have gotten better). He beat the falco, the young link player was in the top 25 in GA, and the doc player at the end is 6th in Georgia. So for any1 who says we need vids up, there you go, and this is back in may so...And when i say i want shine combos, watch articanus' falco. Thats what i call shine combos.

Pine

Smash Ace
lol new hampshire has like 6 players and me and skler are the top 2 u wanna see vids of us? i have like 10 up look us up on youtube fool

edit...most people dont know how to di vs low tiers...hence why low tiers sometimes do ok

edit 2...who down throws with fox? all you did all game was laser camp.... and up smash.....i can do that with my eyes closed lol that match didnt show much skill or what not...against luigi u did the same thing....you just charge up smashes...

Top Bottom