• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love's Last Stand! Feb. 21st, Athens OH

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I also don't recall discussing (within OUGA) whether Luigi's Mansion should be banned.

Doesn't really matter to me though.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I forgot Quivo was part of OUGA...

Sorry Q!
I meant the post on the first page of this thread, which was also included in the post you responded to but failed to specify which one you meant.

Stop being sarcastic and difficult.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I have extra space in my room for 3 people to stay Friday and/or Saturday night.

One of those spots is taken by the infamous and ugly Jokey. That leaves 2 spots for anyone: one spot on the futon with dream date Jokey, and one on the floor if you don't mind. I suggest someone bring a sleeping bag although I have one already. I also wouldn't mind staying up all night-ish playing Brawl.

Also, my phone number is (216) 973-6502.

Framerate

Smash Lord
The stage list has been up since I made this thread, why is this an issue now?

If you had been more involved in the planning process, we could have resolved this earlier. But no, you left everything up to me. Also you were unbelievably rude when discussing this in a public thread, when we could have discussed this in our private thread. Of course I'm gonna be sarcastic and difficult. You started with a nasty attitude. Now I'm forced to ***** you out in public...

Luigi's Mansion is banned, T-800 is just letting personal bias get in the way of him discussing this in a civilized manner.

JK, Mansion isn't banned.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I'm not that creepy.... I mean, they eventually found that kid.

Hehe jk! So, who's up for rooming with me?!

T-800

Smash Apprentice
The stage list has been up since I made this thread, why is this an issue now?

If you had been more involved in the planning process, we could have resolved this earlier. But no, you left everything up to me. Also you were unbelievably rude when discussing this in a public thread, when we could have discussed this in our private thread. Of course I'm gonna be sarcastic and difficult. You started with a nasty attitude. Now I'm forced to ***** you out in public...

Luigi's Mansion is banned, T-800 is just letting personal bias get in the way of him discussing this in a civilized manner.

JK, Mansion isn't banned.
Because you openly admitted to forgetting to include it on the list, yet later on you acted like it had always been banned.

And I didn't leave everything up to you, your club did. The same one I can't run or organize anymore because I'm not a student, nor should I have to when there's so many students already involved.

But yay for Luigi's Mansion being included.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I said I'd add it if anyone really wanted me to. Once again, no response.

And by not giving me your opinion, you did leave everything up to me. Whether you're officially "in the club" or not, I'll always take your opinion into account with this sort of thing. Shouldn't you be happy about this? All I wanted was people to tell me what they wanted in this, but no one was willing to help.

All you had to do was ask. Could have done without the attitude.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I said I'd add it if anyone really wanted me to. Once again, no response.

And by not giving me your opinion, you did leave everything up to me. Whether you're officially "in the club" or not, I'll always take your opinion into account with this sort of thing. Shouldn't you be happy about this? All I wanted was people to tell me what they wanted in this, but no one was willing to help.

All you had to do was ask. Could have done without the attitude.
I literally posted in that OUGA thread I linked earlier a response with what stages I had issues with back when we were discussing them that was never responded to. And at least 2 or 3 people were in support of Luigi's Mansion in that thread.

I don't know how else I could've contributed when it came to stages.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
The GOD KAIS!!!! and gunpunch...will be the champs at this tourny...
Last I checked.... the can only be one: Highlander er uh Champion.

This is gonna be sweet with 30 signed up thus far.

I also deleted the blank entry...

Also 10th page party!!!!

Kel

Smash Master
Can we just sleep in the lecture hall? We were good boys last time and respected the place, you can assure the correct authorities that we'll do the same again. We can just bring blankets and pillows and sleep behind the desk or something.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Tell me more about crews. Is it going to be a 4/5 20 stock
or....?
that is if crews goes down and all.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Can we just sleep in the lecture hall? We were good boys last time and respected the place, you can assure the correct authorities that we'll do the same again. We can just bring blankets and pillows and sleep behind the desk or something.
A lot of times our game night on Fridays keeps us there until 6 or 7 in the morning. There's never an issue with us staying that late or later.

That said, I don't know if students should be officially encouraging you to sleep in there, but if hypothetically someone were to just sleep there until the tournament starts I doubt it would be a problem. Like at all.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kel you definitely did NOT tell me that we planned to leave on Friday night for this
Augh. I dunno if I can come then...unless I can get a ride from e_ or Tyr on Saturday

Framerate

Smash Lord
About sleeping in Morton:

There might be some Ougers who stay very late Friday night. I mean, until the tournament starts the next morning. Now, if we have OU students there, and some one "accidentally" falls asleep with their blankets and pillows they "accidentally" brought, I don't see it being a problem. This is, of course, assuming that someone from OUGA stays there long enough. But if every one decides to leave, I doubt the Ougers would be so heartless as to not let some people stay in their rooms until morning.

I've been asking OUGA members to help house people, but no one has responded just yet. I know I'm housing 4 people now. I don't want to cram any more so some Ougers better step up!

Framerate

Smash Lord
Tell me more about crews. Is it going to be a 4/5 20 stock
or....?
that is if crews goes down and all.
I think it's gonna be 3 stock, 5 members, 15 lives. I'd like to have it so every crew can fight each other, that might take a while though. We could just do a bracket.

I think we're gonna want people to bring setups. I'm supplying a TV from my room, it would be much appreciated for people to bring whatever they can, TVs, wii's, Brawl.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'll be bringing my Wii and a TV.

I can't see the Morton thing being too big of a problem. Since we have the room reserved pretty late on Friday nights and then at 10ish that Saturday. BUT I would PM Frame to let him know the numbers or who needs a place/wants to do Morton Hall, we can then try to divide that out between the OUGA people. (I'm staying in Nelsonville with a friend, but I'm not sure I could take others with me)

Framerate and T-800, I offer this picture as a peace offering to stop the violence.... (verbal violence)

That is all.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm curious,
if pre-reg reduces the entry by half, doesnt that mean the pot will be reduced by half?
Or will the place fill in what's reduced.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah, the pot will be reduced by half.

That's the price you pay, my friend.

On the bright side, 30+ people have already registered. The pot should be reasonable come the 21st. If you guys want, would could just make it a $10 buy in no matter what...

Xepovs

Smash Rookie
I'll be there if I can get a ride (hopefully not a problem). I'm assuming the pre-reg thing will be open for a while?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'll be there if I can get a ride (hopefully not a problem). I'm assuming the pre-reg thing will be open for a while?
pre-reg even if you aren't sure you can't make it. The worst that could happen is they'd shake their fist angrily in the air and curse your name then forget about it 2 seconds later. If you don't pre-reg then you have to pay extra money.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Pre-reg will stay open until the Tues before the tourne begins

Also, I screwed up on the prereg list a little. It currently has shield and grab mixed around. It'll be corrected shortly.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm fine with $10.
But I'm fine either way though.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I was thinking....

60 30 10 of the pot minus the entry fee. 4th gets their money back