• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
paladin, calm down. So far I'm the only one that has said you deserve a slot in. Nobody else has mentioned you. If you're better than the other people that want the spots, like you say you are, you shouldnt have a problem getting in. Other people want the spots just as much as you and anyone else does. I WOULD make EVERYONE fight for the spots, but that would take far too long. Due to this, I filled all but three slots with the five people that have placed high recently.

It's not because you main fox. It's not because you use to meta. And we werent using you, because of your meta knight. I, Tactical, and everyone else need to make sure that the best eight are the ones that enter this. That may still include you. It may not. I think it will. Putting you in a definite slot, would limit down the slots that people fight for too much.

And about practice tomorrow. i'm not going, but tactical says he'll be there around 2:00 to 3:00.
alright whatever man, do whatever you want i dont care anymore....i get too stressed out over some video game. put me or put me out i dont really care anymore dude i just want everybody to be happy and enjoy the trip. thats all.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
alright whatever man, do whatever you want i dont care anymore....i get too stressed out over some video game. put me or put me out i dont really care anymore dude i just want everybody to be happy and enjoy the trip. thats all.
thanks paladin... I still want to make sure you have a chance to fight for the slot though, because I think you deserve it. You told me you beat wangston's falco with your fox, right? Well if that true, you shouldnt have a problem, really.

FIVE HUNDRED POSTS

^.^

clowsui

Smash Legend
hopefully i get a better friggin bracket this time
i got some of my WORST matchups for WB1 and LB1
not as bad as louisville players playin first round LOL

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
......yes very likely, but again how are we fighting for these slots?

Is it like pools? Or someone tests us? Or we fight everybody or what? If so I challenge xisin (no offense xisin but your the only spot open)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
there are three open slots, light. Xisin is on one of them right now. Just challenge the people for the slots. Currently you, spec, paladin, cr4sh, Mach5 and Xisin want the three spots.

neji32

Smash Lord
Paladin: go back to meta if thats your best character, anyone wh oknows the match up is just as good against mk as any other match up. There shouldnt be anyone complaining about meta knight anymore than they complain about any other character. Fight for your spot and you will make it in definitely with anyone you use. Just use ho feels most comfortable for you

Hilt-.........so who is xisin?

Hilt- seriously though, is it possible for me and light to be our own crew and just get equal lives?

Hilt- so do i just fight each one of them and try to beat them all? hmmmm who is mach5?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Xisin is a beast Marth

And no, because we'd need 4 crews...which would take TOO LONG.

Anyways Spec just fight hard for those spots...you guys should be awesome enough to beat out anyone else anyways :p

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Paladin: go back to meta if thats your best character, anyone wh oknows the match up is just as good against mk as any other match up. There shouldnt be anyone complaining about meta knight anymore than they complain about any other character. Fight for your spot and you will make it in definitely with anyone you use. Just use ho feels most comfortable for you

Hilt-.........so who is xisin?

Hilt- seriously though, is it possible for me and light to be our own crew and just get equal lives?

Hilt- so do i just fight each one of them and try to beat them all? hmmmm who is mach5?
it's good to see him pick up someone besides meta knight. I think soon his fox will be comparable to what his meta knight was, even if it takes awhile.

neji32

Smash Lord
eh i dont see why anyone sees meta knight like that......in fact i think fox was more broken(in melee) that meta knight is. but if he likes fox.....i'd rather him play fox and mk though i hate gw =P

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
if you fight him with pikachu, I'm going to have to recommend that you do not use your infinite down throw on him. Doing so wouldnt show which of you are better, which is what i'm trying to determine.

Mushroom Pie

Smash Rookie
Wangston I will never leave your side. <3

Regarding the crew battle, I'd like to be in on it but more importantly than that I want us to have the strongest lineup possible, and if that means I can't be in than so be it. I'm gonna fight for a spot but, honestly, I hope that one of us is good enough to knock me out, because I don't think I'm good enough to put a meaningful dent in the Cinci crew.

(Oh yeah, I forgot that I registered here before I picked up the Speed Racer handle. This is Mach.)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I will make my challenges for the crew battle in Cincy.
See you guys there.
=]

neji32

Smash Lord
What? He's not even the best character.
neither is meta knight

what infinite down throw hilt? you mean how pikachu can cg fox till 70% then Usmash him to 83% and QAC to a thunder for the kill?

aww man....that was honestly how i was planning on starting the match =P

guess im going ot have to bring out the combos then

Mushroom Pie

Smash Rookie
neither is meta knight
Are you saying this because not every character has necessarily been exploited to their full potential or are you saying this because I just accidentally stepped into the Crazy Zone.

Also Paladin I think you should stick to your Meta for tournaments until you've developed your Fox a bit more. There's no reason not to use him once you've really got him down but as of now your Meta just blows him out of the water.

clowsui

Smash Legend
thank GOD falco vs. pika is like 50/50

LMFAO Mach.

MK is definitely the best character, too many tools and good matchups. He destroys the stage cp system because he's good on like...every stage?

clowsui

Smash Legend
just keep playing both
that's how i got my marth to equal my falco in skill
now i'm able to switch between the two really easily for different matchups
working sheik into this equation is kinda hard but i'm working on her too

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
So much drama it seems, and light/spec we havent met before but i do tournaments with your crew sometime ~ pleased to meet you -

I main a marth I'm able to play on both wi-fi and in offline so if you wanna play some just hit me up!

anyway I'll be happy to do any challenges - while i do enjoy the crew battles immensely its not the end of the planet if i get beat by someone who would deserve to be in it more in terms of ability. Also if this is causing problems between friends i have no problems stepping down, dont want to make things personal at all. see ya saturday.

actuallly i changed my mind seeing how some people are reacting it makes no sense to me, if you want the spot earn it.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
So much drama it seems, and light/spec we havent met before but i do tournaments with your crew sometime ~ pleased to meet you -

I main a marth I'm able to play on both wi-fi and in offline so if you wanna play some just hit me up!

anyway I'll be happy to do any challenges - while i do enjoy the crew battles immensely its not the end of the planet if i get beat by someone who would deserve to be in it more in terms of ability. Also if this is causing problems between friends i have no problems stepping down, dont want to make things personal at all. see ya saturday.

actuallly i changed my mind seeing how some people are reacting it makes no sense to me, if you want the spot earn it.

Awesome plaeased to meet you and i Love zeh challenge/ Also, didnt i c you on AiB that one tournament? How far did you get? I defaulted cause my connection was getting annoying.

Clowsui why do we main the same people? your really creeping me out>.<(The Light of Cinci.....Clowsui)

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
yeah you did, you were the annoying guy that kept spamming chat, i unfortunatly hit only 5th place there. oh well though eh? i had a pretty tough string of opponents, ended up beating and getting my revenge on nash's snake though which was enough to satisfy me for that tournament.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
yeah you did, you were the annoying guy that kept spamming chat, i unfortunatly hit only 5th place there. oh well though eh? i had a pretty tough string of opponents, ended up beating and getting my revenge on nash's snake though which was enough to satisfy me for that tournament.
Annoying? >.> hm I C 5ths not bad out of those people. Did you fight OTL? One spammy Link...

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
it's good to see him pick up someone besides meta knight. I think soon his fox will be comparable to what his meta knight was, even if it takes awhile.
its a new journey thats for sure, im really excited! anyway, so where are we gonna fight for the spots? at cinci then? i know nobody is at S2D right now.

oh by the way, what are your plans for tnight hilt, you stayen at your house? and another thing what time agin in the mornin are we surpposed to hit oxmore to meet up with cr4sh?

neji32

Smash Lord
Are you saying this because not every character has necessarily been exploited to their full potential or are you saying this because I just accidentally stepped into the Crazy Zone.

Also Paladin I think you should stick to your Meta for tournaments until you've developed your Fox a bit more. There's no reason not to use him once you've really got him down but as of now your Meta just blows him out of the water.
Im saying that because if your character masters the match up then hes not as tough as you would think
thank GOD falco vs. pika is like 50/50

LMFAO Mach.

MK is definitely the best character, too many tools and good matchups. He destroys the stage cp system because he's good on like...every stage?
wtf its 45:55 falco has the advantage ever since everyone started DI'ing out of Dsmash
wrong.

and yeah paladin, using your meta wont make us hate you. You have a good meta knight, just DONT drop your fox if you decide to play meta again. Play them both until your fox is better.
mk isn't near broken........i actually just found this olimar that says oli cps mk(i know thats no where near true) but she does pretty good against them. She was able to 3 stock my mk at once pretty unbelievable

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, no. He's got some obligations with the rents. But if you can get up here do so. 1. I need to get some brawling in, 2. I've been practicing with Lucas so I wanna test him out and 3. I need some Fox ditto practice against you seeing you're the only other Fox player(Excluding Protein) at S2D.

HBOMB

Smash Rookie
i cant wait till the tourney tomorrow, i have been training with Falco all week and i think im ready to actually win a round this time. Also is there gonna be a low tear tourney again.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, no. He's got some obligations with the rents. But if you can get up here do so. 1. I need to get some brawling in, 2. I've been practicing with Lucas so I wanna test him out and 3. I need some Fox ditto practice against you seeing you're the only other Fox player(Excluding Protein) at S2D.
how late are you staying up there?

Top Bottom