• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

wangston

Smash Lord
We'll be updating the rule list soon, just FYI.
When you say we'll do you mean the sbr? I'm hoping the stage list looks like the one umberon posted a few weeks back, no stages at all with the slightest gimmick.

Also sweet avatar. Rorschach is the bee's knees.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Oh yeah - Wangston, is it possible that you could leave after doubles is over? I think it'd be the best for both parties because that way you can spend more time with your dad and I can have people who want to come only for singles come for singles...

It's fine if you stay, it'll just reduce the amount of ppl Hilt can bring.

wangston

Smash Lord
Oh yeah - Wangston, is it possible that you could leave after doubles is over? I think it'd be the best for both parties because that way you can spend more time with your dad and I can have people who want to come only for singles come for singles...

It's fine if you stay, it'll just reduce the amount of ppl Hilt can bring.
*cries* I only care about singles. Brawl doubles equals me getting gimped like none other. I vote for a reverse order. But yeah I'll be out of there by 6 i'll probably pack up around 5:30ish. What time is this going to start at. I was thinking about getting there at 12, but it doesn't matter what time I get there cause I don't know when it starts.

PS we can bring as many as set ups as you need.

wangston

Smash Lord
11 even better :D I know I will have 5 including me and two set ups. I'm sure hilt and the others can also bring at least two other setups. I think there will be enough set ups to get this thing moving fast.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, two setups shouldnt be a problem. As long as there's room in whatever vehicle we drive in for them to fit.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
When you say we'll do you mean the sbr? I'm hoping the stage list looks like the one umberon posted a few weeks back, no stages at all with the slightest gimmick.

Also sweet avatar. Rorschach is the bee's knees.
Yes. Yes he is.

Also, Umbreon's list won't be our list. Not by a long shot.

neji32

Smash Lord
so how is this going to work on the 20th? im confused on the scheldule can someone post one of how its planned right now?

EDIT: btw overswarm i vowed to anther that i would write my name in red on your next shirt >=D you better watch out

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
So will there still be a pretty good amount of people at S2D this Saturday? If so, I'll venture out.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
so how is this going to work on the 20th? im confused on the scheldule can someone post one of how its planned right now?
Okay, here's how we're gonna do this (I think)
Everyone that's gonna go is gonna meet at oxmoor early. Like.... 8:00. Somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00. Hopefully the mall's open that early...anyways, we'll wanna get out of there between 9:00 and 9:30, which will get us to cincy at 11:00, which is when registration starts. Doubles start at 12:00, then singles, crew battle will probably be after that. We estimate to leave anywhere between 10:00 to 12:00 that night. However, housing there MAY be available, but i'm not sure. I'm also not sure how many of us would want to stay the night there saturday night anyways. As for driving plans, Wangston is taking his group of five in his van, because they'll be leaving early. seven are going to ride with crash(including him) and five will ride in a second car group. Paladin has brought it up several times to me that he wants to drive, so that last car group of five may end up being in his car.

think that's everything....

So will there still be a pretty good amount of people at S2D this Saturday? If so, I'll venture out.
It wont be as large as the last one, but I'm sure it'll get over twenty. It usually does. you do need to come though!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yep. It wont be any different than the lexington trips. It's the same distance away. The only difference is that we'll be getting there earlier.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how late i will stay, I don't want to let the other 4 guys in my group down, so I may hold out until singles and have to leave before a crew battle takes place. Because really none of us play doubles so we really don't want to play them, mostly because we are never with each other to practice. But if we can get enough setups there we could knock everything out in no time.

neji32

Smash Lord
OH **** i just relized light wont be there. i dont have a doubles partner =(

hmmm so when will we be leaving hilt? if its too early i might not even be able to go

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
OH **** i just relized light wont be there. i dont have a doubles partner =(

hmmm so when will we be leaving hilt? if its too early i might not even be able to go
9:00

Hilt tell me how many people are coming now so that I can figure something out...
okay, wangston's group is five so we're able to bring twelve, right? has that changed? oh, just read your thread. Will it be that big of a problem if we end up going one over? Taking it down to eleven for us is a possibility as well though. (somebody wont have a partner for doubles) Just let us know if we have to cut it down a bit.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Keeping it twelve should be okay, unless nojoes insists on bringing his two friends, then we'll peg it down to ten..if those ppl are giving nojoes a ride I really have no choice but if they aren't then you can bring twelve. Just keep checking the thread =)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well i'm currently trying to confirm who is and isnt going. There are still a few that arent sure if they'll be able to or not, so there may be a chance that we may not get as many as twelve.

If that happens i'll let you know.

on another note, housing. Would staying somewhere in/near Cincinnati be an option for us?

neji32

Smash Lord
alright, im definately going, my plan is to be at the mall on friday, stay there all day then leave when it closes and sleep outside......i know this sounds irrational but i must go to this tourny and this is my only option ^_^ so count me in

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I'm going.

P.S:

PALADN called me and said you guys will be practicing at the mall on Friday, but really didn't specify a time so I was wondering when it was going to be held?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
alright, im definately going, my plan is to be at the mall on friday, stay there all day then leave when it closes and sleep outside......i know this sounds irrational but i must go to this tourny and this is my only option ^_^ so count me in
spec, you're not gonna sleep outside. We'll find a place for you to stay. Tactical JKip Me and a couple others have a friend's house we usually stay at. Chances are, you'd be able to come with us and be back at the hall sunday. Or if there's housing available in cincy, and everyone's fine with staying, we'll stay the night over there.

I'm going.

P.S:

PALADN called me and said you guys will be practicing at the mall on Friday, but really didn't specify a time so I was wondering when it was going to be held?
It would probably be after 3:00 - 3:30... I really dont know the plan for friday, or for sure if i'll be joining them. But pally doesnt get out of school until 2:30ish and he said he has to do something before he gets to the mall. Protein should be there too, showing up at around 3:30.

I'd like to get there early...i'm out of school, so i could probably show up whenever, if calic were to give me a ride. I'm sure tactical is able to show up there early too.

ps

rowan you need to teach me how to play trainer ^.^

clowsui

Smash Legend
Bring one less person...

Cincinnati 11, Cleveland 3, Louisville 16

EDIT: Housing USUALLY available at Overswarm's, Dr. X's, Kel + Sliq's...check with them on that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well everyone, would you all rather stay at someone's house that day? or drive back that night, split up and go home? For those that would want to, there should be room at tucker's, where tac and i often stay

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hmm it works out pretty well actually the new sixteen cap for you guys because not everyone is able to come, right? That's awesome [for Cleveland] because that way nojoes will come and we get to play Vidjo!

EDIT: BTW random seeding will be done for singles and doubles, unless you guys can somehow rank your players for me so that I can seed them that way.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i could give you an accurate ranking for each person in our group. I can get you that when we get there next saturday.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
that would be a whole lot better hilt....btw where are you staying after the friday practice?
you may remember him from the tournament last saturday... his name's tucker. We sometimes stay there. I'll mention something to tactical about you staying there.

However, if housing is available in cincy, we may end up doing that.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Group 1: you, mushpie, arbys, lv0, joe (no luke?)

Group 2: Me, Crash, tactical, hoboz, equi, calic, paladin, spec, protein, JKip, Rowan

Just so that we can start planning for crews, who's coming and not coming?

If you're curious -

Cincinnati (11/12)

Overswarm - Kel - Sliq - QUIVO - Dr X - Infern - Smash 64 - YbM - Tyr - clowsui - (Fresh Daddy)

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I go to school at Butler in Indianapolis, I might be at some of these in the future.
Heya count i think we play on wi-fi sometimes via gamebattles! if so will be nice playing you in person sometime! I'm a marth if you don't recall, if your not the same count then disregard this message lol.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Group 1: Wangston, mushpie, arbys, lv0, joe

Group 2: Hilt, Crash, tactical, hoboz, equi, calic, paladin, spec, protein, JKip, Rowan, Harbinger

Just so that we can start planning for crews, who's coming and not coming?

If you're curious -

Cincinnati (11/12)

Overswarm - Kel - Sliq - QUIVO - Dr X - Infern - Smash 64 - YbM - Tyr - clowsui - (Fresh Daddy)
^edited to the updated list

according to that list...we have 12 people in group 2, one over the cap for us. However, protein wont know if he's going until saturday, and hoboz may not know for a bit. Harbinger still hasnt contacted me. Equi I havnent talked to since saturday (but he's essential for the crew battle jaja). Everyone else has confirmed that they're going.

But it looks like we may end up having to cut someone out... which i really dont want to do.
So just give me a couple days.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I know I called and all saying there was a chance, unless my commie (He's proud of it) teacher doesn't have a plan it seems like I won't be going, I message both AiB and Smashboards tomorrow cause what goes in that teacher's class will tell whether I can go.

Parents are really mad now. Since both me and my brother are grounded seems like if one does something the other suffers more. >.>

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I know everyone is pumped about the Cincy tourney,
but is MK going to be banned @ the next S2D?
^_^

Count

Smash Champion
Heya count i think we play on wi-fi sometimes via gamebattles! if so will be nice playing you in person sometime! I'm a marth if you don't recall, if your not the same count then disregard this message lol.
I am! Nice marth you got, I'm always so close! That would be cool to play in person!

Top Bottom