• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
canceled

._.

would I not be able to just borrow the flashdrives like we had originally intended? my desktop at home is much more reliable than the laptop I would bring, but I could bring it if I really had to.

neji32

Smash Lord
so no smashfest tomarrow? but still a tourny right?
i had a dream that the tourny only had 9 people show up......i wonder what that means

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
so No Smashfest Tomarrow? But Still A Tourny Right?
I Had A Dream That The Tourny Only Had 9 People Show Up......i Wonder What That Means
Hey!! Shutup!!!

that already happened once!!

but yes, there's still a tournament saturday. And like we've said several times now, SHOW UP EARLY!!

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
yup yup.........

SONIC'S THE NAME AND SPEEDS MY GAME! :D

you all arent as cool as me so get over it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, well protein's bugging me about it so i went ahead and did it.

This thread is a... little unorganized... too much to keep track of for a single thread.
On allisbrawl (yes, allisbrawl), you're able to create groups, and basically have a seperate forum, just for that individual group. Doing so would allow us to be a bit more organized as a crew, rather than just posting everything in the tournament thread.... I know not everyone from the smashboards likes AiB too much, but even i do admit that this feature is helpful. So spec, light, taylor, vy, crash, hoboz ...everyone make an allisbrawl account and join the group: http://allisbrawl.com/groups.aspx?id=12237

i'll probably end up posting less and less in this thread and more on aib as time progresses, other than things actually pertaining to the tournament itself (placement results, future cancellations, etc.). But i'd highly reccomend everyone that posts regularly here to make an account if you havent already.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I've had an aib account for like 6 months, I just don't post there because it's dumb.

No offense to protein/world. Just offense to his choice of smash site. You're cool, aib is lamesauce.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I've had an aib account for like 6 months, I just don't post there because it's dumb.

No offense to protein/world. Just offense to his choice of smash site. You're cool, aib is lamesauce.
yeah, the only reason i would use it is for the sub forum feature...it's too online driven for my taste in a site. But no matter.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
For who ever shows up early we need to do the Bowser Challenge on brawl, using Battlefield(if there hasn't been a Brawl challenge do that one). Would be epic.

Also, joined teh group of awesome on All is Brawl, I'll admit, it's a lot easily to keep track of things on it.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
spec has an account. it's Ccspec. Crash is on there as cr4sh, Tactical is Tactical, Joshkip is Joshkip, "player 1" is lemon head if you remember him, Rowan is Rowan. oh, and Wangston is Wangston.
that's all I know of offhand, so thar.

anyways, even if you dislike AiB, use the group. currently hilt has it on invite only, so you won't have to deal with any aib posters you dislike. (except me)

you get your own subforum with the group. you never have to leave that subforum to talk with people talking about whatever. I know I hardly ever post on the AiB forums either. (I'm usually only posting in the ness metagame group thing)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Er... there is a group featureon smashboards.

User CP.

Social groups.

Create social groups.

Don't go to AiB :p

Protein

Smash Apprentice
that is a single thread/shoutbox.

a subforum is more organized. I never said to quit smashboards. by all means, use both.
but in the interest of keeping things organized, use the subforum that's available.
and then this single thread can be more focused.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
crash, will you be going next friday to the UK tournament? Or do you have to work?

and spec, do you know if you'll be there or not?

wangston

Smash Lord
1. Tactical
2 wangston
3 Hilt
4 Jiano
5 Luke

I'm not to sure what happened after that. Me and tactical went to the very last game of the 2nd set, it was really close the whole time. He is the only one lost to. It's a shame you two couldn't have been there, spec and light. The tournament would run much better if josh would use Tio. Tio FTW

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1. tactical
2. wangton
3. hilt
4. daniel
5. Joey
6. Luke
7. Protein
8. Hoboz

^Edit: Tactical just gave me the list a few minutes ago...now i'm going back to bed -.-

NEWS

it was today finally decided on that meta knight WILL be banned at our local tournament. this includes the tournament on the sixth. yes, yes, this is short notice, being only a week away, so I apologise on everyone's behalf for those of you that main meta knight.

if you DO main meta, and DID Plan on using him at the upcoming tournaments... please dont cause an argument in this thread. if things dont go well at the tournament next saturday, it can easily be decided that the ban will be lifted for the weeklies afterwards.

again, I apologise about the short notice.

wangston

Smash Lord
Whats the point of banning him, he doesn't even dominate the scene here. Paladin is the only one that uses him and he isn't winning every week and 3 stocking everyone. I think you are just scared that OS will show up next week with his meta and win. hahaha

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Dude...Wangton, you murdered me, and there's no evidence D:, You just that good D:

Hope I can get more Falco training, the ones I run into aren't as hard as you.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Whats the point of banning him, he doesn't even dominate the scene here. Paladin is the only one that uses him and he isn't winning every week and 3 stocking everyone. I think you are just scared that OS will show up next week with his meta and win. hahaha
os will show up and win no matter who he uses. and iirc his meta loses to tactical's lucario. he had to counterpick rob against him and the lexington tournament.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
ah I see. apparently a lot can change in two weeks.

and wangston, the ban of meta knight was first brought up by the TO quite awhile ago. long before we even knew who os was... back when paladin started winning consistently with meta.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, who's going to the tournament at UK next friday? So far only me, tactical, calic, and MAYBE protein are going. But he probably wont be able to.

It starts at 5:00 so we'll be leaving S2D at around 3:00. Earlier if Protein goes, because we'll wanna set up the hacks on each wii.

But we'll be at S2D at from about 10:00 till we leave to pretty much get a mini smashfest in before the tournament (seeing as how there'll be another the next day.)

Hoboz, you should go.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I had a lot of fun at the last tournament even though I got kicked a lot earlier than I would have liked. My matches against Luke and Hilt were both really, really close, I need to learn to keep my composure and be patient for that final kill move. See you guys Dec 14ish, I want to play more friendlies. Never got to play Hoboz again too. Bummer!

Watch out for Donkey Kong...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i look forward to playing your DK again (definitely a fun matchup lol). First time I've had the chance to face a good one, so i look forward to you showing up again in december.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
okay, who's going to the tournament at UK next friday? So far only me, tactical, calic, and MAYBE protein are going. But he probably wont be able to.

It starts at 5:00 so we'll be leaving S2D at around 3:00. Earlier if Protein goes, because we'll wanna set up the hacks on each wii.

But we'll be at S2D at from about 10:00 till we leave to pretty much get a mini smashfest in before the tournament (seeing as how there'll be another the next day.)

Hoboz, you should go.
Well, I'll be there at 3:00 then, can't get there much earlier, sorry D:

And yeah man, I really wish I rematched your Pikachu or may test the new DK out. My Kirby wants more practice than it gets.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pretty much. Unfortunately for Louisville, my ROB will do the same. As would my Marth or Snake. :)

I don't mind Meta being banned since I hate the character, but it is pretty lame banning him one week before a tournament. Would have been nice to be able to, ya know, practice with a character I could use for the tournament at the last smashfest :p

Myself and some of Cincinnati should be coming down to UK's tournament on Friday... and then going to Louisville on Saturday. I plan to win both.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Bring it on, OS. My Luigi will kick your *** at the tournament!

Ah, that feels a lot better.

But more seriously, I really would like to play at least one match. I didn't get to when you won the oneness tournament...

I'll try and come to this tournament if I can, but rides are difficult.

BTW, is Rowan coming to Friday's tournament? Is he part of your group of friends there? He was very good, and I would like to see him back.

Kel

Smash Master
Like OS said, I WAS planning on coming. But since you guys are terrible at running tournaments, I doubt I will.
no double blind picks. You decide less than a week away to drastically change the rules (banning MK for no reason). And you're stubborn about it.

I've entered tournaments with MK being banned, and a lot farther away (5 hours as opposed to an hour and a half). However, it was always known that MK would be banned prior to the tournament. The organizer didn't just decide on a whim to ban him. Changing the rules like that is very shaky. Not very attractive.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Like OS said, I WAS planning on coming. But since you guys are terrible at running tournaments, I doubt I will.
no double blind picks. You decide less than a week away to drastically change the rules (banning MK for no reason). And you're stubborn about it.

I've entered tournaments with MK being banned, and a lot farther away (5 hours as opposed to an hour and a half). However, it was always known that MK would be banned prior to the tournament. The organizer didn't just decide on a whim to ban him. Changing the rules like that is very shaky. Not very attractive.
^If Cincinnati doesn't go, chances are I may not go as well

Since some people have to work on Friday, and Kel doesn't want to show up to this one.. it may be that I skip the Louisville tournament due to scrubby TOs combined with no one to drive with

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
This sounds like a tournament that Cincinnati Would Win... Hmmmm Luckily for ya'll that I have to work until 5...How troublesome...Next start it Later...because people do WORK!!! RaRaRaRaRa!!!

Top Bottom