• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah jiano, we'll be there. tactical won't though, so you'll have to wait until next week to face him. something about thanksgiving and family or something...i dunno.

wangston

Smash Lord
booo, tactical needs to find better johns than that. .. wait Hilt are you talking to me???? or some one else??? I'm going to be there next week, so like the whole world better show up, the world revolves around wangs...ton. Light, and spec you guys should go on the 29th, I'll tell you who has the better falco.

Kel

Smash Master
sarcasm or compliment?
I was being completely serious. Most people want to ban MK with no real facts or evidence. Instead, they make outlandish claims and hope that they hold at the end of the day. That statement was the only one that gives the true meaning why anyone wants to ban MK.

Ankoku's list records tournament placements for ANY tournament above a certain number of people. If MK is the easiest to use at a high level, best in the game, and gaining a lot of publicity (even bad publicity), of course he's going to be used by a wide margin. If you ban MK, Snake is the next in line. He will be winning by a great margin and it'll only grow as more and more people play him.
Sheer numbers alone on Ankoku's list don't mean anything. You can look at that list of characters I provided from the last MW circuit event to see that. There were more Metaknight players than any other character, so he gets a lot of representation. The problem is HE DIDN'T WIN ANYTHING. There were just a lot of people using him. This, of course, isn't the case with every tournament/ region, but I see no real reason to ban a character just because a couple regions (Texas IE) have too many Metaknight players.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
I was being completely serious. Most people want to ban MK with no real facts or evidence. Instead, they make outlandish claims and hope that they hold at the end of the day. That statement was the only one that gives the true meaning why anyone wants to ban MK.

Ankoku's list records tournament placements for ANY tournament above a certain number of people. If MK is the easiest to use at a high level, best in the game, and gaining a lot of publicity (even bad publicity), of course he's going to be used by a wide margin. If you ban MK, Snake is the next in line. He will be winning by a great margin and it'll only grow as more and more people play him.
Sheer numbers alone on Ankoku's list don't mean anything. You can look at that list of characters I provided from the last MW circuit event to see that. There were more Metaknight players than any other character, so he gets a lot of representation. The problem is HE DIDN'T WIN ANYTHING. There were just a lot of people using him. This, of course, isn't the case with every tournament/ region, but I see no real reason to ban a character just because a couple regions (Texas IE) have too many Metaknight players.
Wth?
Just a random sarcastic remark to get people rowdied up. And look at you. Looks like it worked Xd

Also if you wanna argue about this Mk subject, lets compare frame data of other characters to MK's. Do you know Mk's frame data? hmmmm?

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
No Johns, I *really* wanna go tomorrow, but I'm bound to family obligations :urg: They're doing Thanksgiving on the 22ed because we can't get everyone togather for the real day.

Which sucks because I *really* want to get some practice in against high ranking players. Just ask Hilt about my level of determination when it came to going to the firday samshfest thingy.

Also, this is neither the time nor the place to have an e-peen fight over Metaknight. Take it to PMs if you still want to argue.
[/Metaknight-debate]

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
it's cool tactical. guess jiano will just take all that prize money. UNLESS OF COURSE OLIMAR COULD... ummm... yeah... nevermind.... we'll just see you next saturday then.

wangston

Smash Lord
No Johns, I *really* wanna go tomorrow, but I'm bound to family obligations :urg: They're doing Thanksgiving on the 22ed because we can't get everyone togather for the real day.
Lol I didn't mean to no Johns you there, I thought you wouldn't be able to make it next week on the 29th when I come in. I could care less if you don't go this week.

Hilt you can beat Jiano. Camp, throw pikim so his nades can't get through the wall of pikimin. And if he ever comes near you use the reverse pivot grab, it's so fast, it's range is sick, and it's almost unpunishable. Once you do grab him at low %, d-throw, upsmash, uair. 50% just like that.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
it's cool tactical. guess jiano will just take all that prize money. UNLESS OF COURSE OLIMAR COULD... ummm... yeah... nevermind.... we'll just see you next saturday then.
It's cool hilt, you got the Jiano fight in the bag. Just pull some pikmin, do some snazzy grab combos, and call upon the power of the rainbow rave in case things go south due to grenades.

If all else fails you can stand up mid match and, after attaing a near spuernatural level of inner focus and calm, proceed to stomp the ever loving Christ out of his feet.
If he questions you afterword as to why you did it, reply, "Mindgamez, son."

It's fool proof, really.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
I will stop zey debate and f-that. Im not taking you to anouther tournament until you get your head out of your @$$ and stop saying your falcos even close to mine. (wow you beat OS. took you long enough)

But really spec IDK about the 29th unless I just have practice.

ANDDDDD!!! I might get kicked off the team!YAYXD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
it's funny. I beat jiano twice with olimar, and once with diddy before the tournament. however he ANNIHILATED me in the tournament. shouldn't have stayed olimar... but owell.

but I did manage to BEAT ROWAN! and again, amazing match rowan. it was far too close...

we're complaining to the judge about removing the rule of being locked to one character for the first match... there has actually been a change of rules. for the second and third game of the match. the character is not locked to a counterpick character. the first game has to be played with the player's main, however the rest of them can be played with whomever.

oh yeah, listings...

1. jiano (snake)
2. paladin (metakarp)
3. hoboz (kirby)
4. hilt (olimar\diddy)

I actually had to use diddy a lot actually to not lose against certain people... like jkip lol. other than those four I'm not sure. joey placed fifth (olimar dittos suck....) calic placed sixth I think, but he stated very bluntly that he doesn't want to be known to be associated with any tournament that involves meta knight lol or something like that. he's probably the most or pro-ban of any one...

everyone. we need to start getting smashfests together. like... every other friday or something. most of us live in entirely different areas. (points at the 'location' in my profile.) so we need some way of us all getting together. it would probably be most convenient to meet at the mall, unless someone gaa a house we could meet up at. (preferably with multiple tv's)

Protein

Smash Apprentice
here's top ten.
I'll remember to bring in the vids next time, and I'd be more than happy to make tournament pages of this on AiB.
and if I'm busy... http://allisbrawl.com/newtournament.aspx
(hint: side bar has a nice listing of included features)[they include a subforum, rules listing, online signups, sync with tio, comprehensive roster/result display, etc.]
got all that?
group pages have much the same features
here's an example... http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2623

without further ado...

Jiano
Pally
Hoboz
Hilt
Joey
Protein
Calic
Rowan (maybe reversed with crash)
Crash
Vy

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I'm recording them. basically I've got what amounts to a tournament channel.
however youtube uploads slow and stupid for me, so I need someone else to do it
(I get like 20m download...but 1k upload on anything. Youtube disagrees with my computer, so even less.)

ok, hoboz, guys...

you really shouldn't address me on here. I'll never be able to keep up properly. single thread for too many ideas and topics is way confusing and disorganized.
use this to talk to me.
http://allisbrawl.com/profile.aspx?id=3579

and also, hilt, get on this. Sub forums are great for organization.
http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=4474

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Well, youtube agrees with me, if you can use something like Megaupload, send the vids to me I'll upload them onto youtube : P

I'm telling ya, can't say enough, Youtube is the ultimate advertisement system. I was able to advertise a Freewebs Pokemon League off of it and it got good flow while it was up.

Also, joining Allisbrawl now : P

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
He'll actually be giving the videos to me next saturday at the tournament. I have a decently fast upload speed, and i went ahead and made a youtube account for our group.

(lol and seeing as how it takes him forever to upload, it'd take him nearly as long to put it on mega upload than it would be to just go ahead and put it on youtube. flash drive ftw)

@light: yeah..... several SEVERAL people would stop comming lol. $10 would be a little more reasonable. But these are weeklies. Weeklies arent suppose to cost too much....

clowsui

Smash Legend
i may or may not be there on the first weekend of december

we'll see, my parents + their friends are like "hey lets go have lunch there"...which is basically my chance to go to a tourney

wangston

Smash Lord
Clowsui, can you give an update on the MWE Championship, is there anything new? You're still aiming for the 20th right????

clowsui

Smash Legend
yeah
I'm workin hard at these venues, if I don't get it by the following Tuesday I'm handing the responsibility off to someone else ;_;

it's mostly churches and stuff that i'm trying to get, everywhere else is ridic expensive

i'd rent out a community center but that's really risky because if we don't have enough attendees we have to jack up venue fee :( it's 693 total for a community center ~12 hours soooooo yeah. 700/40 = about 17.50 for each person in venue fee...wtf

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
surely more than 40 people would show up... $17 can buy a LOT of candy so... hopefully that venue fee can drop a bit.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
exactly. There are several people that go somewhat for fun. Like crash protein and jkip. raising the entry fee would indeed increase the payout for prizes, but less and less people would be comming. Which would suck, because honestly, my main reason for going is to hang out with everyone

plus if crash stopped going, there'd be no one yelling SHORYUUUKEN all day....

my vote is against raising the price at all. besides on the 6th.

on a side note, hoboz, a thread for the 6th has been made. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204850

neji32

Smash Lord
hmm, im just cocnfused, i thought people went to the tournies to win =/ so i thought that if everyone came with intentions of winning why not raise them, guess i was wrong

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hmm, im just cocnfused, i thought people went to the tournies to win =/ so i thought that if everyone came with intentions of winning why not raise them, guess i was wrong
I'd be fine with it. But i know that others would stop comming, and i dont want that. You may have the extra money every week, but not everyone does.

perhaps if they were biweeklies, it'd be a little more possible.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
and currently i'm just trying to win... lol. i'm not really playing for the money, just wanting to prove i can actually do it with olimar xD

Top Bottom