• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, i dont feel like another weekend of traveling....

@vy: we usually show up around 10:00 - 10:30. you sould come and get some practice

Kel

Smash Master
If you guys are going to ban MK simply because OS came and ***** you kids with him, you are dumb.

He would have ***** you just as bad with ROB, had he used only him, and you wouldn't have known a difference other than OS wouldn't be complaining whilst ****** you.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If you guys are going to ban MK simply because OS came and ***** you kids with him, you are dumb.

He would have ***** you just as bad with ROB, had he used only him, and you wouldn't have known a difference other than OS wouldn't be complaining whilst ****** you.
I'm not saying that i want to be banned meta because of Overswarm. However, I hadnt faced a meta knight that good until last saturday, facing os. I was already pro ban long before this, but at that time, i probably wouldnt have cared much if it was decided that he wouldnt get banned. Mainly because even though I knew WHY meta should be banned, I hadnt actually experienced one as good as that.

and on a side note, yes, i did face his rob. managed to actually beat it once as well. Not saying his rob is worse than his meta by any means. But it's not overswarm's meta knight that's the problem, but meta knight in general. And isnt that overswarm's main reason in maining meta knight in the first place? To give people first hand experience WHY he should be banned?

wangston

Smash Lord
In Utah we haven't banned meta. We only have one person that mains him and is good with him, sexyyaz, but he gets beat and he isn't dominating. In our scene we have no reason to ban him, only one person is good with him and he isn't unstoppable. Right now it wouldn't be fair to yaz to ban meta in utah. However once SBR can make up their minds and make meta official banned we will ban him. Most of us in utah feel he should be banned but people here got to oos tournaments that don't ban him so they have to be ready for meta.

neji32

Smash Lord
i still dont understand why he should be banned? Fox was really good and everybody used him in melee but no one wanted to ban him. Yes meta knight is extreamly good, but for all the competitive brawlers we all know hes not unbeatable. Its just there character choice, just like anther told me, once you play them enough to learn the match up, they wont become any harder than any other character, so i guess i cant be pro meta ban =/
just my 2 cents

EDIT: im not sure if i ever got to play os's rob =( i played his diddy and that was hard enough

CR4SH

Smash Lord
This response involves the meta-ban issue, and it's all im going to say about it here. Please skip it if you're a) not neji or b) not interested.

i still dont understand why he should be banned? Fox was really good and everybody used him in melee but no one wanted to ban him. Yes meta knight is extreamly good, but for all the competitive brawlers we all know hes not unbeatable. Its just there character choice, just like anther told me, once you play them enough to learn the match up, they wont become any harder than any other character, so i guess i cant be pro meta ban =/
just my 2 cents

EDIT: im not sure if i ever got to play os's rob =( i played his diddy and that was hard enough
He's significantly better than every other character, but not enough to warrant a ban.
He has no bad matchups, and (arguably) no even matchups, but not to the extent that it warrants a ban.
He's incredibly easy to pick up. But thats no reason to ban.
He makes a large portion of the cast non-viable in tournaments, but not enough to warrant a ban.
He has zero exploitable weaknesses, but his lag isn't broken enough to ban him.
There is absolutely no reason to play any character other thank MK if you want to win. But thats not a reason to ban either.
He is at an advantage in every situation versus just about every character and on every stage. Still no.

MK is broken, that's for sure, but he's not broken enough in any one area to be completely gratuitous. If any of these problems were too much worse a ban would be a no brainer, (except the easy part), but he's not THAT broken in any one specific way. The reason I think he ought to be banned is because he's the perfect storm. To paraphrase panda, to beat meta, you must play meta, unless you're significantly better than the person playing him. And that just leads to everyone playing meta. And that's no fun, and fun matters, if you don't think so, you should be an accountant in your free time, not play games.

I started out thinking he shouldn't be banned, but the thing that won me over was the anti-ban camp. None of them can put forward a decent argument, so basically their argument boils down to "**** you, you suck at this game". Nothx.

I'm not going to say any more about this here, neij, or anyone else, if you'd like to discuss this with me, feel free to send me an aim message, or a pm, or whatever.

wangston

Smash Lord
If you don't think meta knight should be banned chances are you haven't played a good one. When Yaz is on his game and plays to his best I get 2 or 3 stocked, I can hardly touch him and I'm getting gimped hard. Some of the meta knight's options can't really be answered other characters. Meta knight on the ledge = broken and a douche, who camps the ledge? However Yaz isn't perfect and he doesn't play at that level all the time and I've beaten him an some times 2 stock him. But I've experienced what meta knight can do first hand and it really isn't fair to the other characters. I'm for banning meta knight as long as it's a nation wide ban, because i don't want to go oos and play in a meta tournament and have no practice what so ever against him.

Kajoq

Smash Rookie
Btw Light - I was the one with the Street Fighter hat on playing mostly ROB

neji32

Smash Lord
If you don't think meta knight should be banned chances are you haven't played a good one. When Yaz is on his game and plays to his best I get 2 or 3 stocked, I can hardly touch him and I'm getting gimped hard. Some of the meta knight's options can't really be answered other characters. Meta knight on the ledge = broken and a douche, who camps the ledge? However Yaz isn't perfect and he doesn't play at that level all the time and I've beaten him an some times 2 stock him. But I've experienced what meta knight can do first hand and it really isn't fair to the other characters. I'm for banning meta knight as long as it's a nation wide ban, because i don't want to go oos and play in a meta tournament and have no practice what so ever against him.
but i played os. he was my first match.

@cr4sh

I know you didnt want to talk more about the subjuect, but you cant say that mk makes most charas unplayable in tournys. Ive seen REALLY good mks, including dsf(i think it was him) clouderz and others that are not so known get beat by characters like sonic link ganondorf. So if deva or anther(sonic) can beat really good mks, then anyone can with the right amount of practice ^_^

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Unlikely, if you think in terms of stats and numbers those wins were the 1 of XXXXX or something like that. Also you have to consider when matches of these type occurred and who's on top with what. Top of that you have to consider us local competitors who could be related to the middle class of the US.

You can imagine Metaknight in a wild landscape. Picture that here in Kentucky you have a wild flock of Kirby (*nod nod*) and they're enjoying Brawl with their buddies Luigi and G&W. These Metaknights who are on top and travel around in packs will eventually meet these flocks of Kirbys, **** them, kill their families, and leave a lot of them to die, most of them giving birth to new Metaknights adding on to the lowering number of other characters as I imagine, killing off races of Kirbys and etc, which means us 'middle class' brawlers.

Just like a government, lot of us need to think which benefits us, I believe we can't give up to Republican Anti-Meta Banners and we need to push on, cause here...in AMERICA, we all need to see which is the safe route improvement and strive to achieve the AMERICAN DREAM...oh wait..f***...wrong speech lol

neji32

Smash Lord
.....wow, way to put it light,

What he ment to say is, we went into an arguement about whos falco is better, so we decided to ask you guys, who do you think has the better falco, plz be honest ^_^ and think hard o nboth of ours cause this is something that we are really trying to figure out.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@spec: since crash probably wont answer the question (and i cant blame him), i'll answer in his place, since you really seem to be the only anti-ban in kentucky....

You stated that with enough practice, it's possible to overcome meta knight's superiority. Sure. I'll admit that to be true.

HOWEVER
Imagine someone has a meta knight problem. lets hypothetically say a person spends say...a month practicing. making their character better. Studying the matchup. Learning how to beat mk. They should be able to beat him, right? not exactly. chances are, the other person that plays the meta knight was getting just as much practice durring this month as the person WITHOUT meta. And if the two people constantly stay at the same level, the meta knight will always win. Why? Because even though Meta knight may not be ENTIRELY perfect, he has no known weaknesses that stand out. So whatever tricks and strategies are derived to overcome mk, it's not really too difficult for the meta knight player to overcome. If you dont believe me, look how many characters use to have an advantage in the matchup against meta knight. Characters like DK, Game and Watch, and even Yoshi. And as time went on, one by one, MK overcame the weaknesses these characters held against him. Now there's only speculation of diddy kong having either neutral or an advantage against him, but ONLY on FD. One stage. And I wouldnt be surprised if as time goes on, this advantage dissapears as well.

so ask yourself, how can someone overcome this problem? well that's actually pretty simple.

pick him up themselves.
you can understand that, right? You do play meta knight after all. Quite well if i might add.

so i'll...stop talking now.
spec, listen to the podcast debate about meta knight. It's long, but in my opinion, one shouldnt become either pro or anti ban until after listening to the debate to get all of the facts from both sides.

neji32

Smash Lord
@spec: since crash probably wont answer the question (and i cant blame him), i'll answer in his place, since you really seem to be the only anti-ban in kentucky....

You stated that with enough practice, it's possible to overcome meta knight's superiority. Sure. I'll admit that to be true.

HOWEVER
Imagine someone has a meta knight problem. lets hypothetically say a person spends say...a month practicing. making their character better. Studying the matchup. Learning how to beat mk. They should be able to beat him, right? not exactly. chances are, the other person that plays the meta knight was getting just as much practice durring this month as the person WITHOUT meta. And if the two people constantly stay at the same level, the meta knight will always win. Why? Because even though Meta knight may not be ENTIRELY perfect, he has no known weaknesses that stand out. So whatever tricks and strategies are derived to overcome mk, it's not really too difficult for the meta knight player to overcome. If you dont believe me, look how many characters use to have an advantage in the matchup against meta knight. Characters like DK, Game and Watch, and even Yoshi. And as time went on, one by one, MK overcame the weaknesses these characters held against him. Now there's only speculation of diddy kong having either neutral or an advantage against him, but ONLY on FD. One stage. And I wouldnt be surprised if as time goes on, this advantage dissapears as well.

so ask yourself, how can someone overcome this problem? well that's actually pretty simple.

pick him up themselves.
you can understand that, right? You do play meta knight after all. Quite well if i might add.

so i'll...stop talking now.
spec, listen to the podcast debate about meta knight. It's long, but in my opinion, one shouldnt become either pro or anti ban until after listening to the debate to get all of the facts from both sides.
LMAO@ your pic. But no i dont use mk, i picked him up because light was getting on my nevers saying i couldnt beat him, so i was like i'll just use mk. It was a joke until he said i couldnt even beat him with mk. So i registered mk with no intention on useing him until i fought light, then paladin was annoying picking delfino. I just couldnt beat him on that level so i picked mk. Though i shouldnt have, i will read that opinion, btw whos falco is better? me or light?

Kel

Smash Master
1: Anther Pikachu
2: SamuraiPanda Snake
3: Joshu Dedede
4: Blood Hawk Lucario
5: Needle of Juntah Game and Watch
5: Hot Arms Snake
7: lain Ice Cliimbers/ Game and Watch
7: Ding Dong Meta Knight
9: Azure Metaknight/ Snake
9: Overswarm Metaknight / ROB
9: The Mann Luigi
9: AlphaZealot Diddy Kong
13: rofa Metaknight
13: JustKindaBoredUKno
13: Jacob K. Metaknight
13: Dr. X Pit
17: DragoonBlack
17: jv3x3 Zelda/ DK
17: MadHatter
17: JCav
17: Kel Fox/ Pikachu/ Marth/ Metaknight
17: Viper JLT4GOV
17: Mr. E
17: Pyro
25: Bucket
25: onewingedangel
25: AllLuck
25: Youko
25: Amy
25: Prime
25: Cha0s Finale

Lol, MK is such a problem....

QUIVO

Smash Master
At a recent hobo which is in Texas they banned mk and áre now going back to unbanning him. I guess they think hes not so bad. They did say it was môre fun though.

Some East coast Players say they wont be banning him cause its uncommom and hard for mks to get top 3.

I know Washington has a soft ban on him.

Might as well not go oos.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I'm not afraid of OS >.>

I think that we need to pre-strike as most of us know that we aren't going to see a recession, SSBB is only going to go up with MK use and when MK is triple already in points than Snake...hmm...>.> I think we'll need to do something about that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
just wondering, how long ago was that tournament from? i didnt know samurai panda and anther were in the midwest

and...jiano, no one said anything about being afraid of jiano.

._.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
At a recent hobo which is in Texas they banned mk and áre now going back to unbanning him. I guess they think hes not so bad. They did say it was môre fun though.

Some East coast Players say they wont be banning him cause its uncommom and hard for mks to get top 3.

I know Washington has a soft ban on him.

Might as well not go oos.
Texas banned MK at HOBO tournaments to give the SBR info.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's from a MW tournament. If MK isn't dominating the tournament scene I don't even know why people are considering banning him.

And OS's MK which you guys are so scared of placed 9th.
MK is dominating. >_>

Look at his win record compared to Snake's, who is in 2nd by a decent margin.

Top Bottom