• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

wangston

Smash Lord
So who wants to money match me next week? $1 a match 2 of 3, you can double or nothing after a match if you lose. Will will follow the SBR rules not the s2d rules for stages, we will also do stage strike for the game and ban one stage for the set. I would prefer to do any money matches before the tournament so show up early all be there around 10 or so. But if you show up later and you still want a money match I'll play you. I really don't want to stay after the tournament so we will play on an open tv in between rounds. So any takers?

Also I will low tier money match anyone with my captain falcon if they would like.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well looks like i'll be bringing some extra money then! i'm definitely up for money matches as well as low tier, so i'll be sure to be there at 10:00

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you want to do WEEKLY tournaments, do $5.

My suggestion to you is to make one tournament a month a $10 tournament to get OOS players to come in, then everyone can play "the good kids".

If you have 20 people showing up for a $5 tournament with only singles, that's only $100. First would get like $60. That's great for local stuff, but awful for someone thinking about driving for 3 or 4 hours total. But $5 a week really helps your local scene! Keep it up!

Here's one alternative that I am kind of inventing right now by combining some stuff that others have invented!

If you don't want to have entry fees... have a money match tournament.

Make everyone that shows up bring X amount of dollars (5, 7, 10, whatever) in singles. Then, have everyone just play money matches non-stop the entire time.

To make this especially unique, when someone runs out of money do something called a "cinnamatch". This basically means that the loser has to eat a spoonful of cinnamon. You don't want to lose!

You could also just have one TV open for friendlies that aren't MMs. But these MM days could be pretty good because not everyone will go out, people can bring as much $ as they want, and everyone will always be trying.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman

My suggestion to you is to make one tournament a month a $10 tournament to get OOS players to come in, then everyone can play "the good kids".

If you have 20 people showing up for a $5 tournament with only singles, that's only $100. First would get like $60. That's great for local stuff, but awful for someone thinking about driving for 3 or 4 hours total. But $5 a week really helps your local scene! Keep it up!

Here's one alternative that I am kind of inventing right now by combining some stuff that others have invented!

Make everyone that shows up bring X amount of dollars (5, 7, 10, whatever) in singles. Then, have everyone just play money matches non-stop the entire time.

To make this especially unique, when someone runs out of money do something called a "cinnamatch". This basically means that the loser has to eat a spoonful of cinnamon. You don't want to lose!

You could also just have one TV open for friendlies that aren't MMs. But these MM days could be pretty good because not everyone will go out, people can bring as much $ as they want, and everyone will always be trying.
Epic...just epic man...;-; beautiful...

That money match tourney may actually work, will also motive people to bring lots to stay in.

neji32

Smash Lord
I'd be fine with it. But i know that others would stop comming, and i dont want that. You may have the extra money every week, but not everyone does.

perhaps if they were biweeklies, it'd be a little more possible.
lmao thats no different than having 2 5$ tournys xD

thats a funny idea, but it does soundreally good

OS FTW

btw i heard you got 2nd yester gj ^_^

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Ummm...you guys......the money raising idea waz 4 lawls I wasnt serious:/

Its cool hanging with ppl that enjoy something as much as you(brawl). Thats why I think the bi-weeklies are cool. & every one there is hilarious. We all share the same entrest so its fun.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I did get 2nd. It was a meta-banned tourney. Definitely strongly considering hosting a Kentucky circuit with MK banned tournaments now if we have the numbers to make it happen :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
would there be any difficulties in you banning meta for the circuit? or can you just be like "HE'S BANNED CUZ OVERSWARM SAID SO"

And by 'numbers to make it happen', do you mean supporters?

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
ok i did some research on renting a room in the louisville convention center, it looks like i'll have to call an agent and find out how much a room cost because the center has so many rooms to choose from. i'll have to speak to agent to find how long and how many people will come to this so..from the looks of it, this is going to be real expensive guys.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay everyone, quick question. I looked through the MWC thread, and they're talking about where the championship will be held. It's...not looking likely that it'll be in cincy. From what i'm reading, it's still highly likely that the championship will be on the 20th though...The next nearest place that tournaments would be held would be say... a five hour drive. At least.

so...we have two options basically, if it's not held in cincy. go to the championship in whatever place they may hold it (possibly northern indiana or michigan), or switch the day we go to cincy. I know paladin was able to get off for the 20th, which is really difficult durring this season for him, so there's no way he'll be able to go on anything that's not on the 20th. And I'm up for traveling to where ever... i really dont care. but this would DEFINITELY be a two day trip for us. At least.

but what about everyone else? Who's up for a road trip??

CR4SH

Smash Lord
hmm, im just cocnfused, i thought people went to the tournies to win =/ so i thought that if everyone came with intentions of winning why not raise them, guess i was wrong
common misconception. Most people at tournaments (in my experience) don't go for the monneh. They go for the lulz. If you make the lulz expensive, they become less appealing. So higher entry != higher prizes.

As for the cinnamatches. Hell no, I won't go. I'd much rather fork over $1 than eat a spoon of cinnamon, ****, I'd probably fork 5 to avoid that ****. If you think I'm crazy, you've obviously never eaten a spoonful of cinnamon.

afterthought. Where the hell are you going to do cinnamatches? You can't do that in the middle of s2d, or any for-profit establishment. So, umm, tarp? what?

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
well **** man, now what are we suppose to do now? hell i know its hard for some people to travel like that i mean a 5 hour trip up and down is a pain in the *** but....if were able to hit these tournys were gonna have to step up our lenths, far as traveling in miles. I dont mean to be a little selfesh hear i really dont but....i busted my butt trying to get off the 19th and the 20th. i think it be a nice favor if some people would understand how i feel here.

I not upset or anthing, i'll consider everybody else here, if someone see's that a 2 day trip isn't legit for them thats fine. i understand how it is here, but theres no stoping me thats for sure, im gonna go even if it is a 5 hour trp.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
deep breaths paladin...

more than likely you'll still get your trip on the 20th. Whenever it's announced exactly when and where the championship will be, we'll plan something out.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
If it's a two day trip, when would we leave for it? (Terms of hours)

I think the 19th is the last day of School...I can probably convince my mom to let me skip since there's no testing on Friday, but it'll be hard. Just guess if you don't have a clue about time.

Pally, go to the weekly this week as Fox, I want to see how well you do with him and if you place, or...uhh...you could just friendly me >.>

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
deep breaths paladin...

more than likely you'll still get your trip on the 20th. Whenever it's announced exactly when and where the championship will be, we'll plan something out.
I bet its going to be somewhere up in Michigan or northern Indy like most previous tourneys. =/.

If Cincinnati is a problem then I think they should try Indianapolis (or maybe Dayton).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
would there be any difficulties in you banning meta for the circuit? or can you just be like "HE'S BANNED CUZ OVERSWARM SAID SO"

And by 'numbers to make it happen', do you mean supporters?
I mean people able to go to the tournaments.

I'm certainly willing to have tournaments alternating between Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati for a Kentucky circuit, and Metaknight being banned would be amaziiiiiiing.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I bet its going to be somewhere up in Michigan or northern Indy like most previous tourneys. =/.

If Cincinnati is a problem then I think they should try Indianapolis (or maybe Dayton).
iirc south bend IN is where they usually have it, which is at the very northern part of indiana....so yeah...if it was indianapolis, that's only a three hour drive, but that's unlikely.

And hoboz, i dont know when we'd leave. Several others have school, so unless everyone skipped that friday, we'd have to leave around five. Which would get us there with just enough time to...go to bed >.>

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
iirc south bend IN is where they usually have it, which is at the very northern part of indiana....so yeah...if it was indianapolis, that's only a three hour drive, but that's unlikely.

And hoboz, i dont know when we'd leave. Several others have school, so unless everyone skipped that friday, we'd have to leave around five. Which would get us there with just enough time to...go to bed >.>
Slumber Party! :lol: rofl lololol

That's fine with me then.

wangston

Smash Lord
I will drive as long as it's with in 4 hours, maybe a Little more maybe 5 or 5.5. But if I do drive I would drive Saturday morning and spend the night on Saturday then come home morning Sunday.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If we end up having the tournament at south bend, we stay the night up there friday night, and have the tournament on saturday. It's an awesome venue.

And 4.5 hour drives are standard. :)

Get 5 people in the car and split gas, and you'll pay like $8, maybe $10.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hey who would be up for meeting at S2D friday for a smashfest? tactical and i are probably going to try to go, and were wondering if anyone else would show up.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well, everyone remember that tournament at UK awhile back? The one that had 78 frikkn people??

well they're going to be doing it again on the 5th of december, the day before S2D's big tournament. Tactical, calic and I are gonna be going, so who else wants to go?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I;d be down for some smash on friday ( this one). I'll turn my cell back on in case someone wants to call me lol. Anyway, yeah.

Something to keep in mind, this friday is the infamous "black friday". So parking and such will need to be accounted for.

edit: also, has anyone reported this week's results on ankoku's list? otherwise I will. No response within 12 hours=no and I'm 8th, not rowan.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
crap, forgot about black friday...yeah, parking's gonna suck. But we dont really even know if we're gonna do this or not.

And honestly, i dont think i'll end up going...tournament this saturday + tournament next friday + big tournament = too much smash for me right now. Afterall, i dont even live in KY like the rest of you guys...

oh, and the tournament next friday, here's the link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207169

also, from what the TO says he's open to extra setups so crash, if you end up going would you be able to bring a TV? I know i have a full setup to bring if there's room with whoever we ride with.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
you mean S2D, right spec? yeah I'll be there saturday. if you're able, try to show up early. we'll all be getting there around 10:00 or so.

and if we did end up going to wherever on a friday, we'd end up getting a hotel(s). unless there's a house open to us by someone in the area.

wangston

Smash Lord
Light, Spec be there. $1 money match????? Paladin, Tactical, and Rowan do you guys want to money match as well?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

wangston

Smash Lord
So i don't have internet at my house any more so if anyone needs to get a hold of me just have paladin, tactical, hilt, or crash call. If anything changes from now until Friday let me know.

Is there anyone that can bring a set up for the 4th tv, that way we can have friendlies going the whole tournament.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I can make it to a smashfest at S2D tomorrow if you're going through with it, so decide by tonight please.

(also, vids are done. total of 5 gigs across three flashdrives, bring a laptop)

neji32

Smash Lord
i cant make the smashfest tomarrow so i wont be able to bring my laptop to it, but i can on saturday. and i can bring a set up for saturday

EDOT: @protein, there seems to be 3 lines in my laptop screen like, three colored lines from it being hit, would that affect the outcome of the video?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i cant make the smashfest tomarrow so i wont be able to bring my laptop to it, but i can on saturday. and i can bring a set up for saturday

EDOT: @protein, there seems to be 3 lines in my laptop screen like, three colored lines from it being hit, would that affect the outcome of the video?
the lines are on your display only. They won't affect the video, I don't believe... unless they are only there when viewing the videos XD

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I need to know when the smashfest tomorrow is (as in time), and I was more or less talking to hilt cause he wanted them.

Top Bottom