• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hoboz!! where you been?! yeah these things have still been going on, our attendance has just dropped a bit. we've been traveling to lexington though. we've gone to lexington for two tournaments, and are planning in a trip to cincy in late december. also, S2D is holding a big tournament on december 6.

thats about all the news though...

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now I'm active again, High School, yea know >.>

I'll go to Cincy if someone gets me a ride there, doubt my parents willing. I'll be there for the Big Tourney next week now that you mentioned it.

Hoboz' back in business ;D

Though...I probably suck now >.>

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah we'll be carpooling, so you're welcome to go.

speaking of which, we need to start figuring out for sure who's going. that last trip to lexington was a little unorganized so....yeah... everyone needs to have everyone's phone number this time!! lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
how would you guys feel about a spring circuit? Assuming we could find a venue in Cincinnati, Lexington, and Louisville, we could have a KY circuit :D

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't mind that! we should really! just tell me in advance about the dates so i can tell my work that i'll need those days off. anyway, Hoboz! you comin up this weekend?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If we can get consistent venues in the 3 areas, I'll make it happen. If you guys wanted, it could be meta-banned too

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
that would be AMAZING!!

you should definitely get meta out of the picture... honestly though, i never really actually "hated" meta until yours >.>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have that effect. :p

Can you guys think of a consistent venue or two that could hold a decent number of people in Louisville? We'd need one in Lexington and Cincinnati as well (looking for one in Cincinnati....), but what it would basically be:

Spring / Fall circuit events.

One a month, preferrably the first weekend or something like that so that we can get things on a schedule. "Oh, I cna't do anything the first weekend of the month, that's a circuit!"

Payouts would be 60/30/10 for singles and doubles, AFTER 10% is taken out of the pot. When you place in a circuit event, you get points based on where you place. First place gets 40 points, 2nd gets 30, so on so on dow nthe line. At the end of the circuit, whoever has the most points gets 60% of the money, 2nd place in points gets 30%, 3rd place gets 10%. This way, the best people have incentive to travel to each event, giving each event good competition. It also gives something to compete for!

Sure, you might not be able to win an event every time, but maybe you can get a consistent high placing while others are going all over the place. You can win out! Also, the championships would be double points. That means you're never out of the game!

But that's basically waht it'd be.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah i think i have a place in mind. louisville has a convention center, i would just have to check for prices and whatnot. and would louisville and lexington be two different regional areas? they're in the same state afterall....

wangston

Smash Lord
I am for sure coming home for thanks giving break. The plane I'm going to be flying on isn't even 10% full and there is no way it's going to fill up by next Wednesday, keep your fingers crossed though. I'm going to go to s2d on the 29th and I'll bring mushpie, lvl 0, and I'm think arbys with me, they will also be back from college. I'm going to show up around 11 maybe a little before so I can get some money matches and friendlies in then. I'm not going to stay after because i've got to get back to my family but showing up early won't be a big deal. So everyone please show up on the 29th tactical, paladin, hilt, rowan I expect all you guys to be there unless of course you guys have family obligations. So please show up on the 29th around 11 so I can get some good playing in time with the you guys. I want to see how much better i've gotten from smashing in utah, and I want to see how well you guys compare to them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
yeah i think i have a place in mind. louisville has a convention center, i would just have to check for prices and whatnot. and would louisville and lexington be two different regional areas? they're in the same state afterall....
It'd be a KY circuit. Lexington / Louisville / Northern KY are the 3 biggest spots. THere really isn't anywhere else IN KY =P

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, wangston we usually show up around 10:00, when the store opens to get some practice in before the tournament. So I'll surely be up for some money matches, since I dont despise facing falcos anymore. We'll see who can get their chain grab off first!! ^.^

wangston

Smash Lord
yeah, wangston we usually show up around 10:00, when the store opens to get some practice in before the tournament. So I'll surely be up for some money matches, since I dont despise facing falcos anymore. We'll see who can get their chain grab off first!! ^.^
You guys get there at 10?????? Well then I will get there at 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which chain grab are we talking about Lucario's side be or do you just mean Olimars **** combo for 50%? $1 money matches for everyone :bee:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
You guys get there at 10?????? Well then I will get there at 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which chain grab are we talking about Lucario's side be or do you just mean Olimars **** combo for 50%? $1 money matches for everyone :bee:
oli's of course!! why go through all the trouble to get up close to you with lucario, when i can just make my SLAVES chain grab you for me!!

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Kirby uses inhale.
It wasn't very effective.

Olimar uses SLAVE attack.
It's super effective!

Kirby is knocked out.

Glad to see a circuit may show up, a Meta-Free one, a first?

Checked the "Should Meta be Banned" seems like banning him is winning, if the circuit goes well maybe we can influence the rest of US to follow our lead :O We'll be special :O

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Lol yeah, kentucky only has 3 populated areas because one of them is actually cincinatti. UK's and UofL's football stadiums become kentucky's 3rd largest city when they're full (rofl).

I love the Idea of a circuit event, I'm curious as to the whole payout situation though. I really wonder how that effects people that can't make it to all of them. It seems like a great idea and a good stimulation to the competitive aspect of it, but what does it do to the guy who can only make it to, say, lex, but places 2nd? I guess I just don't know exactly what you're trying to say.

I really doubt the convention center would be a good option, the fees would seem to be astronomical, unless they have smaller venues available that I don't know about. I know a few spots that are rentable through my highschool days with punkrock concerts. The douglas community center might be a great option actually, they have a gym that's rentable and I doubt it would be terribly expensive. It's one turn off of bardstown road, so it would be easy to get to.

Also, my house and my van always have room for extra. They're both big, and empty. All you need to do is ask.

I really would like to see metaknight banned, from my point of view. I'm a pretty firm believer at this point (thanks to brinboy and others) that it's a good idea to get rid of him. He's anti-fun and I'm about fun. Plus we could be another cog in the metaban machine, set good examples, yeah?

I say, if you want mk practice, friendlies are always available.

For anyone who wants my cell #
201-0804, you know the area code.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lol yeah, kentucky only has 3 populated areas because one of them is actually cincinatti. UK's and UofL's football stadiums become kentucky's 3rd largest city when they're full (rofl).

I love the Idea of a circuit event, I'm curious as to the whole payout situation though. I really wonder how that effects people that can't make it to all of them. It seems like a great idea and a good stimulation to the competitive aspect of it, but what does it do to the guy who can only make it to, say, lex, but places 2nd? I guess I just don't know exactly what you're trying to say.

I really doubt the convention center would be a good option, the fees would seem to be astronomical, unless they have smaller venues available that I don't know about. I know a few spots that are rentable through my highschool days with punkrock concerts. The douglas community center might be a great option actually, they have a gym that's rentable and I doubt it would be terribly expensive. It's one turn off of bardstown road, so it would be easy to get to.

I really would like to see metaknight banned, from my point of view. I'm a pretty firm believer at this point (thanks to brinboy and others) that it's a good idea to get rid of him. He's anti-fun and I'm about fun. Plus we could be another cog in the metaban machine, set good examples, yeah?

I say, if you want mk practice, friendlies are always available.

For anyone who wants my cell #
201-0804, you know the area code.

The point of the payout is to give incentive for the people that DO place 1rst-5th and get points to travel the hour or two to Cincinnati or Lexington or Louisvile the next tournament there is. If you have a great player in Louisville that gets top 3 every tournament, it'd be in his best interests to travel on a weekend to a smash tournament. he gets rewarded for doing so by getting extra money at the end!

It also helps the less populated areas. If Lousiville has the most players, why should they travel? They could just host tournaments in Louisville and have people come to them! This way, Lousiville's best players have a reason to travel and this exposes smaller populations to good players and it helps make the scene more solidified. It becomes a Kentucky scene rather than a Louisville scene and a Lexington scene.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
@ overswarm
So you're talking, individual payouts at events, but smaller ones, and a larger pot for the whole circuit? Also, is the large pot only available to those who attend every event? Who would act as a treasury? The organizer, yeah?

I still have the intentions of making it out to one of these sometime....
The one you should definetly come to is the one on dec. 6th. The venue is fronting $100 to the prize and every regular will probably be there, plus. And I think OS said he'd probably be coming down for it, correct me if I'm wrong.

crash, you said your house is available? how much room are we talking? how many people could it fit?
Taking the s2d room as the unit (1). I have 2, possibly 3 rooms available in my basement, and a hallway. The largest room is about a 1.4, the smaller room is like a .6 and the hallway is like .2-.3 There's also one more, but its a bedroom, with a bed and stuff, it's like a .8 but it has, you know, a bed in it.

What I was really talking about though, was like, if someone needs a place to stay. I think people might find it a bit awkward going to a tournament in my house, but hey, I don't see a problem with it. Smashfests, however, or whatever else, are A+ reccomended.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Probably not enough for a tournament the sizes we need it to be unfortunately, my house is fairly large and I don't think it'll do, all for Bardstown Road's Douglas Community Center.

Need to call me about anything you know the area code, hmm...actually just PM me :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@crash: actually the tournament on the 6th guarantees 200 at least for first, and payouts to top 8. and as far as i know, regional tournaments at houses arent uncommon, as long as the house can fit enough people

and i'm thinking of talking the judge about a meta ban, if enough people want it. it may let other people feel like they have a shot at the prize money (since os will probably be there....)

@overswarm: is there anything actually STOPPING a ban in the midwest? it doesnt seem like there's many hardcore anti ban people in this region

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@overswarm: is there anything actually STOPPING a ban in the midwest? it doesnt seem like there's many hardcore anti ban people in this region
There are people that just say "why bother". So I have the choices of practicing with MK and then beating everyone at every tournament ever to get them to ban him (thus wasting my own time) or just waltzing in with no practice to win money with MK. I choose the 2nd one.

And yes, individual payouts at ALL events. Just 10% is taken out of the pot. So we had $100 to give out, we'd remove $10 and put it in the "circuit pot", and have $90 left to split 60/30/10.

neji32

Smash Lord
There are people that just say "why bother". So I have the choices of practicing with MK and then beating everyone at every tournament ever to get them to ban him (thus wasting my own time) or just waltzing in with no practice to win money with MK. I choose the 2nd one.

And yes, individual payouts at ALL events. Just 10% is taken out of the pot. So we had $100 to give out, we'd remove $10 and put it in the "circuit pot", and have $90 left to split 60/30/10.
wat is the answer to your "heatman44 puzzle, its soo hard lol

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
He's right -.-

Those lazy "why bother" guys would prevent ban if they are large in numbers. Quick, to the baby making machine, we need more "I approve" smashers! lol

Well, before we make Metaknight banned we should do a few test runs at S2D, though I'm not sure if that'll work cause we've had moments without Metas anyway >.>

PS: Cr4sh I'm going to call you and annoy you for lolz, watch me.

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
Exactly how many people are going to be at the S2D tournament? And when
do you guys get there? I wanna practice a little bit before the tourny.

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice

I get it now, when you did your money match against Tac, you were
EXPECTING people to gripe about it. Smart, sounds ike a pretty effective
means of going about it.

Top Bottom